Why Go /NIN To Meripos?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-19 20:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Most Merit parties I make, I ask the DD's to come /nin or /sam.

I like the extra assurance the party wont wipe if the brd has a meltdown or the rdm forgets how to heal for a few crucial moments.

If I know the people I'm partying with will be competent enough(like LS mates etc) then I don't particularly care what they sub.

I find /nin /sam is safer, unless you've got DD's with no idea about hate control Hasso onrying.
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-02-19 20:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
I got 32-40kish with DDs fulltiming Hasso/Berserk.

Are those figures from parses? Multiple parties? I would be most interested if you are willing to share the raw parse files.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-19 20:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
Remora.Ninian said:
I got 32-40kish with DDs fulltiming Hasso/Berserk.

Are those figures from parses? Multiple parties? I would be most interested if you are willing to share the raw parse files.

I don't parse, but next time I have a party I'll go pick up directparse or something. Parses make me cry because I only do like 9% damage as a DNC :< and the other DDs enjoy tormenting me with it. *sob* 32-40kish was from EXPWATCH, which is sometimes faulty in my experience, but leveled out for a decent amount of time, (30-45min or so for 40k? also other members had the same exp/hr numbers). We chained to 300ish before we got tired and quit. 32k is what my parties normally pull (all LS mates), the healer is usually a leech. Occasionally we have an outside healer/haster, but that doesn't bump the EXP up by all the much, just allows us to have more party-leeches (LS-member parties, etc).
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 20:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
It depends on the situation, I just do whatever I think is best. I haven't merited on dnc so far..secret reason why.
Why?
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-19 20:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Shiyo said:
It depends on the situation, I just do whatever I think is best. I haven't merited on dnc so far..secret reason why.
Why?

Yeah why! No secrets! :<
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2010-02-19 21:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Hades.Hiryo said:
/NIN is for pussys /WAR or /SAM or gtfo!

As I said, your right; but only if you have the PEWPEW to back it up.

Nuffsaid

Dont be a gimpy moron.
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-02-19 21:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
32-40kish was from EXPWATCH, which is sometimes faulty in my experience, but leveled out for a decent amount of time, (30-45min or so for 40k? also other members had the same exp/hr numbers).
ExpWatch is good for hints on how you're doing in the last few minute or so (or whatever its window length), but a terrible tool to tell you about the overall exp session.

You're actually better off manually recording limit/merit points and time stamps rather than relying on ExpWatch for the real exp/hr figures.

Just don't forget to subtract the bonuses from exp rings, whether you use parser or do the data tracking manually.
 Odin.Burnhard
Server: Odin
user: Burnhard
By Odin.Burnhard 2010-02-19 21:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had mixed experiences with people subbing /nin and /dd... I've had both good and bad parties with both subs, so really, it's up to how good everyone in the pt is... I've had a chain 300+ pt Jade Sepulcher camp and make 36.3k/hr exp with COR/WHM, BRD/NIN, RDM/WHM, 3x WAR/NIN (no ring bonus, but Corsair's Roll), but also had win pt's with BRD/NIN, RDM/WHM, BRD/WHM, DRG/BLU, SAM/WAR, NIN/WAR and pulled chain 200 and some at middle birds... If you definatly know the people and how well they play their jobs, you'll know the meripo will be half decent... LFG I find is pretty hit and miss... More miss than hit from what I found... Just my .02, :)
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-19 22:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Still, my point really is emphasizing that DNC BRD COR/WAR DDs/DD *something with haste/erase*, should be the new Merit Party standard, however finding a good DNC with 10% haste samba is probably few and far between.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-19 22:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't Feel like reading 10 pages 0f text, but

main reasion ppl go /nin, is because mages now aday are lazy, God be damed. if a WHM / Sch / Rdm has to use there MP for something other then Buffs, and cures on Tank.

and, ppl don't wana die. cause they don't have shadows from /nin or dont wana spend gil on snk/invis pots when they can /nin for snk invis.

Although, /DD would speed up kills by, (depending on the job, sub, monster, players Gear/ acc attack/ party set up) A few seconds ~ 20 seconds, (Shrugs) but i dont know I don't exactly merit anymore *in partys atleast*
 Garuda.Jeuce
Server: Garuda
user: Jeuce
By Garuda.Jeuce 2010-02-19 23:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

the taru rdms that cant keep up crack me up.. i'm an elvaan rdm and have over 1k mp (with only 3 zenith pieces) and even before i got my dalm i've never had an issue keeping up.. i wont allow any dd's to come /nin when i build a pt unless if a war wants to. but my normal setup is rdm/whm, brd/nin, cor/whm(usually) , sam/war, sam/war, and either drg/sam or war/nin or /sam..
if i cant get a cor then i'll have 2 brds. i agree with blackmist most rdms are lazy and still cant keep up..
i haste cure, buff with pro IV , with convert i have no problem keeping up. our biggest problem is finding a pulling brd that can keep up.
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-02-21 23:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't need a Corsair's Roll to break 30k/hr, but I'd say it's hard to really do that without something ridiculous going on, like multiple PLs or all relic DD's. But then again, why would you want a 2Brd PT if you have the option of going Brd+Cor and using exp roll? Kinda hard to beat.

I've seen people claim several times actually, getting 40k/hr with double bard, and something like 2-3 apocalypse parties. After my own test though, I'd say that's a bit of a falsehood, or just extreme luck.

2 Best Camps in the game (assuming sufficient DD's) IMO:
*Middle Birds
*Skoffin Pit

Just because of the sheer number of mobs within a short pulling range that you have access to.

I've done plenty of epic MidBird parties, but only a couple Skoffin Pit ones. Yesterday I decided to double pull Brd/Nin with my friend on Cor/Nin. Got 2 apocs and a perfectly geared Mnk/War, a Rdm, 2 Rdm PL's, and a Sch PL for things like AOE CureIV/Paralyna/ProShellIV's.

After about 15 minutes, I checked and Kparser was showing 50.5k/hr. There was no party at south but a party at north which was slowing us down. After being limited by the presence of that other party, and after having a DD fall to Fang Rush, we were down to about 40k/hr I'd say, after about 30 minutes. Over the course of about 1-1.5hrs, we had 3 deaths because of 1300+ fang rushes. We also had a nasty Nis Puk (windsday) and like 5 air elementals. At the end of the PT I looked and had gotten 30k/hr. I had really inconsistent corsair's roll on me due to all my pulling, so I'm guessing everyone else made around 35k/hr.

Kind of disappointing. I was hoping to get a solid 40-45k/hr w/ a party of that quality. After checking the parse I noticed that one of the Apocs was at 39% on the parse and the other was 25% (this guy didn't even die), so I know we could have done better on DPS. But I think the main limiting factor at least at Skoffin camp is the presence of any other parties in the area, fang rush luck, and also windsday/elemental luck.

For that reason I think Mid Bird Camp without any other parties in the zone is probably going to bring in the highest exp/hr. You don't have to worry about Fang Rush death which is the biggest thing, and there are a wealth of mobs to pull; like a floor and a half of pullable colibri + wivres, as well as mamool waves.

The only thing I can think of that could maybe consistently put Skoffin Camp at the 35-45k/hr mark would probably be the presence of an epic War/Nin. Maybe something like a very well geared and skilled Ridill or Bravura, would be enough to reduce fang rushes while maintaining peak exp/hr.

4 General words of advice for people who wanna take it above the 25-30k/hr level but haven't yet,

*If you're stuck at the 25k/hr mark after corsair's roll, /nin's is probably what's holding you back
*Kill Wivres
*Consider War/Nin again if you can't get past the 35k/hr mark at Skoffin Pit, for reasons stated above.
*When you get to the 30k/hr+ mark, the Corsair's optimal role in the party is that of a secondary puller/crowd controller. Not DPS. Not /whm aid. If they happen to have TP saved up, they should probably save it only for Wivres, as for some reason Corsairs can put out consistent Slugs for upwards to 2k+ dmg when boiling blood is up.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9