Why Go /NIN To Meripos?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 19:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Is so easy to keep chain with /nin, no point going with /war or /sam.
Anyway depends on player skill,if u know how to use seigan can go /sam.
What does chain being easy to keep have to do with anything? You can "keep chain" at 15k/hr and you can keep chain at 30k/hr. Just because you're keeping chain does not mean you're doing good.
I ran out of mobs with a full pt of /nin... why u need to sub war or sam?
You cleared birds and wivre + had to wait on repops w/ a bunch of /nin?

BULLLLSHIT

If you cleared birds only, then that doesn't count, because only clearing birds is ***exp anyways.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 19:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Odin.Lowblow said:
Its the same situation dude, you dont know how well geared a person is or is they even know how to play theyre job. unless its a linkshell/friend based party. I go /blu
Yes you do. Check people before inviting them >.> I make pts w/ randoms all the time
Do you invite thfs?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 19:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Odin.Lowblow said:
Its the same situation dude, you dont know how well geared a person is or is they even know how to play theyre job. unless its a linkshell/friend based party. I go /blu
Yes you do. Check people before inviting them >.> I make pts w/ randoms all the time
Do you invite thfs?
Only if I know them personally
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-02-19 19:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well being on a closed server and only having the option to select between the maybe 5-10 people seeking at a time. Your sort of limited to take what you can get.
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-02-19 19:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I haven't had an exp/pt under 30k/hr in over half a year
That's not a figure picked from eyeballing ExpWatch, right?

Something like kParser numbers, with the exp rings's bonuses subtracted, would make much better figures to base arguments on.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 19:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Odin.Lowblow said:
Do you invite thfs?
Only if I know them personally
Just like everyone else... /rage.

Haven't had a pt on thf since like mid 60s when I had to take a break and the people who were inviting me got higher. (pre lvlsync)
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 19:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even load expwatch lol. Kparse only. And no, I don't waste exp rings on merits. Better used on lower level jobs.
 Fairy.Shiyo
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 19:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I make my own parties. You should try it sometime. I haven't had an exp/pt under 30k/hr in over half a year

LIAR!!!!!!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 19:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Quote:
I make my own parties. You should try it sometime. I haven't had an exp/pt under 30k/hr in over half a year

LIAR!!!!!!
Well merit pt. I'm sure some of my lower level pts were like that lol. Or if you're talking about the making my own pts, when I'm actually interested in exp'ing I do lol. Other times someone I know may just be like veg we need a DD, and I'll roll w/ em, but I can't remember the last time I flagged up.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 19:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
And no, I don't waste exp rings on merits. Better used on lower level jobs.
Why do people not get this!?! You save like what 5-15min of meritting with those rings but how much time on something lower?

Though on rechargeable ones if I'm not gunna lvl a lower job that week I might
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 19:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant that one merit pt I made was only getting like 29k/hour ; ;
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 20:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
I meant that one merit pt I made was only getting like 29k/hour ; ;
Lol who was all in it, I wasn't the slacker :(
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 20:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The rdm couldn't haste and heal and you wanted to leave!
 Ifrit.Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-02-19 20:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't even load expwatch lol. Kparse only. And no, I don't waste exp rings on merits.

Would it be possible for you to upload a parse somewhere?

I assume you're the DD with /DD SJ only type, and I'm interested in what kind of damage taken per minute figures that kind of party hits. A Colibri/Wivre party would be great.

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 20:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
The rdm couldn't haste and heal and you wanted to leave!
Oh, I remember that ***. Yea lol if you hadn't repped that *** I had my rep otw
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 20:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I always kick bad players! And I was really sick then...I could barely play my own char, let alone pay attention to anyone else. I was DYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

30k+ hour isn't unbelievable really, it's 100% based on having a cor with cor roll though. I get 32k+ hour with SCH/RDM NIN/WAR BRD/NIN(DD BD/joy but doesn't have to be a DD brd tbh) BRD/NIN(Puller) COR/WAR(DD!) SAM/WAR

Double march, double minuet, cor/chaos rolls, firestorm on everyone + aurastorm on myself(korin obi) and dia2 on every mob.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 20:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't even load expwatch lol. Kparse only. And no, I don't waste exp rings on merits.

Would it be possible for you to upload a parse somewhere?

I assume you're the DD with /DD SJ only type, and I'm interested in what kind of damage taken per minute figures that kind of party hits. A Colibri/Wivre party would be great.
I don't actually save the parses. I take screen caps of the damage tab and save those as .jpgs or .png. So I wouldn't have a full parse of data like that for you. And yes, I'm dd/ddsj onry

And when I go sam, i fulltime hasso and ride zerk + main voke
 Ifrit.Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-02-19 20:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't actually save the parses. I take screen caps of the damage tab and save those as .jpgs or .png. So I wouldn't have a full parse of data like that for you. And yes, I'm dd/ddsj onry

And when I go sam, i fulltime hasso and ride zerk main voke
That's too bad. I would really be interested in the damage taken data along with the party duration figure.

Having at least the screenshots of the experience tab would also make your arguments more convincing, by the way.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 20:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably not but others have posted their exp/hrs plenty of times. It's not hard to do with the proper set up. Next time I have a pt though, if you're still interested, I'd be more than happy to send you some personal data.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-19 20:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

@Shiyo (no idea why my quotes are borked today)

I got 40k/hr (for a period of time, dropped to 32k/hr after we chain-pulled wivres without two erases...level 55RDM leech ftl) with SAM/WAR, MNK, COR/WAR, DNC/NIN BRD/NIN(puller with bane) RDM/WHM level 55 (Had they had erase -.-;...) Anyway, it went really well, minus when we started pulling a million wivre after wivre when I was the only eraser. Also our SAM occasionally got Elegied, but no erase, again. Had we a real healer (anything with haste+erase will do) I believe this party could have maintained our 40k/hr streak. Also BRD-DD sucks since songs take up such a significant amount of potential damage dealing time, and 10% haste samba is yummy + cures + defense down.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 20:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

A good dnc is awesome. Move to my server ninnies
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 20:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I love dancer, the DD's I merit with are so against dancer and think is's a terrible ***job ; ;

I love my dancer! I need to finish it sometime but I hate gearing/meriting jobs...

I have all the relic except body for it too, and DW3%/10 acc mirke + 7 acc 3% haste tassets! Would only need weapons, dusk boots +1, enikidu(/cry) and I guess better rings..

Also I thought you can't erase the wivres attk down as dnc? <_< Seems my bf lied to me and needs to be beaten!
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-19 20:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

:< I cannots. Seriously though Adder Jambiya is awesome, wish it were mine and not loaned. ; -;
 Ifrit.Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-02-19 20:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Probably not but others have posted their exp/hrs plenty of times.
I've seen plenty of exp/hr claims. Most of those from ExpWatch, and most without the exp ring bonus substracted. Most of them are also of the "what I remembered" variety, instead of someone who is looking at an actual parse while posting. All in all, pretty useless claims.
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Next time I have a pt though, if you're still interested, I'd be more than happy to send you some personal data.
Would greatly appreciate it. I'm most interested in DD/SAM and DD/WAR with full-time Hasso/Berserk.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 20:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Take it with you to Fairy
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-19 20:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Probably not but others have posted their exp/hrs plenty of times.
I've seen plenty of exp/hr claims. Most of those from ExpWatch, and most without the exp ring bonus substracted. Most of them are also of the "what I remembered" variety, instead of someone who is looking at an actual parse while posting. All in all, pretty useless claims.
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Next time I have a pt though, if you're still interested, I'd be more than happy to send you some personal data.
Would greatly appreciate it. I'm most interested in DD/SAM and DD/WAR with full-time Hasso/Berserk.

I got 32-40kish with DDs fulltiming Hasso/Berserk. Honestly though, you need a DNC to help keep up with the damage they take.

@Shiyo

I have full merits, pretty decent gear. I need better, but I'm poor at the moment, so that's not really an option. I don't have any problems keeping up TP and throwing out cures and whatnot, but then again I don't WS and let the DDs do all the work.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 20:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a hardcore DD dancer! But I adapt to whatever is needed at the time, the fun part of playing hybrids~
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-19 20:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
I'm a hardcore DD dancer! But I adapt to whatever is needed at the time, the fun part of playing hybrids~

In my personal opinion, I'd rather have TP at all times to save my DD (they die fast and constantly, lol) than WS. If you WS they can't fulltime hasso/etc, so it's kinda shitty. Unless you have an outside bothealer it's not really a good idea in my experience. :x
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 20:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on the situation, I just do whatever I think is best. I haven't merited on dnc so far..secret reason why.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-19 20:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
It depends on the situation, I just do whatever I think is best. I haven't merited on dnc so far..secret reason why.

Of course it depends, but merits typically aren't that situation (if your DDs aren't /nin). I WS in city dynamises a lot, though.... D:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9