Why Go /NIN To Meripos?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-02-19 16:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I didnt read everyones response. I'm sure someone gave the same response as I am. The reason I would want DD's to do /nin to a meripo is so I dont have to get them cured as much.
Less cures = less mp used = less time healer needs to rest = more time spent getting merits.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-19 16:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Sorry I didnt read everyones response. I'm sure someone gave the same response as I am. The reason I would want DD's to do /nin to a meripo is so I dont have to get them cured as much.
Less cures = less mp used = less time healer needs to rest = more time spent getting merits.

As some one who has earnt over 200 merits on RDM, I will /pcmd leave before I /heal

If you need to rest you are doing it wrong.
 Fairy.Vytiss
Server: Fairy
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-19 16:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Running out of mobs, seriously? Are you fighting birds only. No way you should kill yourself out of a chain if you're killing everything. You fighting just birds?
yeah, but that's if we can't pull birds up/down from another level... f'wivres, just a pain in the *** imo.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 16:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

See, that's your problem. If you have a party that can't clear wivre, you're doing it wrong. You should never run out of mobs, lol
 Alexander.Helder
Server: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-19 16:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had parties on Sam/war (pole) where I was criting more then the other sams WS dmg, I had hate the entire fight for nearly ever monster. I've also been In parties where the monster dies in 15 seconds and seigan and third eye wAs more then enough.

For crappy parties where your the best dd. Go /nin you'll need it to avoid death. For good parties where 2-3 others dd can pwn just as good as you /war. 3 Sam/war with a pole build and double march and double minuet and berserk/da can kill colibri faster then the brd can pull. Either you'll be waiting for repops or if no one is in the other camp the brd is pulling from it. Very little dmg taken in 10-15 seconds of fighTing eSP if 1 Sam vokes at start and uses seigan while others use hasso.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 16:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, I find that hard to believe. Were you partying with lv 70 sams using double thrust? I'll give you a huge benefit of the doubt and say you crit for 400, nobody should be doing ws dmg that low, let alone get beat by you, even if they WS'd in their TP gear.
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-19 16:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

no no, i'm talkin 75 merit pt... my polearm sam hits 2600 penta with cor+brd

edited: lol, ok... averages like 1900. w/e.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-19 17:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Seriously, I find that hard to believe. Were you partying with lv 70 sams using double thrust? I'll give you a huge benefit of the doubt and say you crit for 400, nobody should be doing ws dmg that low, let alone get beat by you, even if they WS'd in their TP gear.

I was criting for about 250 280 and one other Sam used yuki exc. And never hit more then 350 often hitting 220, he was the worst Sam I've ever seen and the war was doing 600 RR which is also intensly sad.

I also partied with 2 other SAMs using a 70 pole hitting penta for 400 max...

I've parties with more crappy SAMs then good SAMs in my day.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-19 17:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And b4 you say just leave they were LS mates and didn't want to look like a douche by leving cuz they sucked. I didn't know them so I didn't know how bad they were but I also don't want people to think I'm a jerk, I often stick it out in bad parties just because I'm a nice guy.
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-19 17:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Helder said:
And b4 you say just leave they were LS mates and didn't want to look like a douche by leving cuz they sucked. I didn't know them so I didn't know how bad they were but I also don't want people to think I'm a jerk, I often stick it out in bad parties just because I'm a nice guy.
i'd like to think LSmates can take a little criticism tho'.
I've been called out on stuff before, but as long as you know who its comming from... its a lot easier to take "advice".
just be gentle.
"you dude, maybe TPing in dusk might be a better idea than those Enkidu's bracelets." just a thought
 Fairy.Shiyo
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 17:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Seraph.Chasuro said:

As some one who has earnt over 200 merits on RDM, I will /pcmd leave before I /heal

Elitist attitude, you can /heal while mainhealing a merit pt without slowing exp down at all.
[+]
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-19 17:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear you vytiss but the 220 yuki guy was using full Eva get an a shinsoku, I've never seen such a travesty on Sam and he didn't gear swap for ws. I don't give ppl advice anymore unless they ask for it, I'm a pretty nice guy and I say it in a nice way but came across alot of defensive ppl to put me off of advice givinng lol.

I mean I love to offer advice an help out but alot of people don't know how to take it.
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-19 17:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:

aye, that's why you only /war, /drg, whatever to increase your DoT... when you know the party will afford you to.
I'll /nin whenever I see a random party loaded up with 74's or crummy DDs. Granted you're not showing off your big'guns, but you're also not gonna have to be the guy that is sitting at 400hp praying that a Pecking Fury doesn't go off before that CureIII lands.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-02-19 17:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vytiss said:
Kujata.Argettio said:

aye, that's why you only /war, /drg, whatever to increase your DoT... when you know the party will afford you to.
I'll /nin whenever I see a random party loaded up with 74's or crummy DDs. Granted you're not showing off your big'guns, but you're also not gonna have to be the guy that is sitting at 400hp praying that a Pecking Fury doesn't go off before that CureIII lands.

QTF
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-19 17:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Elitist attitude

Mine's better: Not getting invited to a Merit party because you don't have any merits... Ahhh... Ahhh? *Nudge nudge*
By Nightbear 2010-02-19 17:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

YELLOW BANANAS
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 17:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I like purple bananas.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-19 18:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Seraph.Chasuro said:

Elitist attitude, you can /heal while mainhealing a merit pt without slowing exp down at all.

I know you can heal, at times I rest for 1-2 tics if convert isn't quiet ready, but that only happens in partys that weren't 'good' in the first place.

A good party shouldn't require you ever rest - that's what separates a merit party from a mid level exp party.
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 18:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should tell my friends they're bad at meriting.

What's your average exp/hour?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 18:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Do eet! Also more rdms need to /sch!
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 18:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Shiyo said:
Do eet! Also more rdms need to /sch!
No, because you need erase for wivre.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 18:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch? /sch doesn't get erase does it? *** that ***if they don't Wivre, ect
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-19 18:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Sch gets erase at 32, so yes it does, as well as a good Aspir for birds.

Edit**

By good aspir, I mean like Mid 100's which isn't bad? idk Whm/Sch doing mid 100s seems fine to me, better then nothing.

Edit2**

You have to change books to do it iirc, but RDM has erase anyway >_>

Editpost*

Anything saying Erase is Dispel and its not 32!
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 18:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Erase

Level39 SCH

You also really can't aspir birds because they aspir you back and take more MP than you took from them ~_~
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 18:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Sch gets erase at 32, so yes it does, as well as a good Aspir for birds.
>.> rdm doesn't get erase natively. Just looked it up, SCH doesn't get until 39

/sch is trash. Elegy reflects on DDs happen occasionally and attack down from wivre need erasing
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-19 18:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Erase

Level39 SCH

OH ERASE I thought you said Dispel >_>; Idk I take Whm/Sch to my merits D:

Edit**

Cuz I can read D:
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 18:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
True it would be the only thing they really lack. I haven't done meripo in forever (read pre-hasso) and usually didn't kill wivre.

So yeah if there was no other erase then sure /whm otherwise if you don't absolutely need erase /sch is the ***
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 18:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I take sch/rdm to my merits!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-19 18:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Withstanding all that, my information on Sch getting Dispel was correct! >.>;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 18:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Withstanding all that, my information on Sch getting Dispel was correct! >.>;
Not like it matters since rdm gets it anyways. Also yes rdm/sch gets epic drain/aspir compared to what they normally get especially if you gear for it. But as main heal/support in a situations where you are getting mobs fast you will probably just stay in light arts. If you need to remove status somewhat often you have to stay in light arts
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9