Why Go /NIN To Meripos?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Jouliont
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2010-02-05 17:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitely on the wrong server. XD
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-05 17:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont really need to /nin for wivre either. If anything just pop seigan if things get hairy only .

Granted its not the norm but my best pt so far LS member PT. We had middle camp to ourselves and bottom was empty too. WAR/SAM, SAM/WAR (me), MNK/WAR, COR/WHM, BRD/NIN, WHM/SCH. Best party I have ever had in my 6 years of playing, EXP watch was reading 30/k per hour (didnt pop ring, no cor roll). We were tearing through the birds and Wivres, got past chain 300 before we disbanded.

No exaggerations here.

PS: We were all voice chatting on vent so that helps tons.Monk was using birdanes, War perdu voulge, me tomoe, Bard 2x march, Cor chaos and fighters rolls.

I know this example isnt the norm just pointing out how good thigns get can get.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-05 17:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rep the mnk, would get more exp. Even if you repped him w/ another mnk. Birdbanes are trash outside of lower lv colibri.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-05 17:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I got tired of not getting invites on my mnk to bird meripos.

I've been doing trolls recently and having lots of fun.

Less points per hour, but meh I'm enjoying it all so :D
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-05 17:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Rep the mnk, would get more exp. Even if you repped him w/ another mnk. Birdbanes are trash outside of lower lv colibri.

As I said linkshell party so it was a good friend(extremly well geared I might add.) And the reason we made the merit pt was so he could parse his new birdbanes vs detroyers.

His damage was something like 2% higher with 1 hour of birdbanes vs 1 hour of destroyers. Not that the parse proves anything either way since there are was too many variables like me or the war getting lazy in the second hour while he was using the destroyers comes to mind.

But they are suprisingly close in damage it appears for birds.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-05 17:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Every dog has thier day man. Monk used to be merit dd king, hi KRT.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-05 17:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They're about equal for DoT, 65%ish of mnk's dmg, but get blown away for ws DMG, as the 25% doesn't carry over. If he were only going to melee and never ws, then they'd be close
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-02-05 17:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto did the full testing on those, Destroyers are slightly better in the end. Birdbanes piercing bonus doesn't apply to WS, so Destroyers higher base damage gives them the edge there. And then there's adding on the speed difference, with Birdbanes being slower. The piercing bonus makes up for that, so if you're only punching, BB's win. However, when you add the WS portion of a monk's damage into the equation, Destroyers end up with the victory.

Speak the gospel with some math thur Veg.

-edit- Gdi, you replied before I could. Go eat your fried chicken!
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-02-05 17:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

9 times out of 10 all I need is 3rd eye on its own where the mob only gets to hit me once or twice b4 it dies. If I take hate a start of fight and I know the other DDs arn't ready to WS for another 10secs then i'll pop seigan and switch to hasso after it's not really that bad.

Personally I prefer a good whm/sch over a rdm, I can't remember the last party I had mp issues in. My friend did whm/sch to a meripo with everyone /war or /sam and loved it, quick exp and gave him something to do other than hit haste macro -> /doze.

Of course I really think it depends on quality of DD, If you only have 0-1 top geared/merited DD it changes things, you eat pecking flurry a lot and all of a sudden its a mess.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-05 17:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

whm/sch is better imo. Esuna for attack down from wivres. Too slow to try to erase them independently
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-05 17:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
whm/sch is better imo. Esuna for attack down from wivres. Too slow to try to erase them independently

Cor we had was so good he was just light shot interrupting attack down ;x
 Alexander.Socrates
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Socrates 2010-02-05 23:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I go whm/sch to meripos and as long as brd or cor keeps refresh on me, i can go entire time without resting. Also helps if ur DDs know how to use their abilities and can not got destroyed right away.
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-02-05 23:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto: "Fulltiming hasso is the reason you're able to kill wivres."

Dunno what merit parties ya got goin on down in fairy but I don't need hasso to take those down in merit pts.

[+]
 Pandemonium.Areis
Server: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-02-05 23:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Drg/Sam, or Drg/Mage I'd never go /nin

Mnk/Nin... its a different ballgame here though

Sam/Nin or Sam/War or Sam/Drg or Sam/Dnc. Depending on the PT setup I'll change it up, I know I'm not the best sam out there.
/Nin if i expect to be holding hate most of the fight, ride hasso when i can, pop Seig/Third when i have to
/War if I'm pretty sure i won't be holding hate most of the fight, Hasso is a death sentance here
/Drg if I'm expecting very short fights to get the extra round in with Jump/HP
/Dnc if I think the mage is going to have MP issues, ride Seigan and break out the soboro with samba up. This is usually for 4 DD, support, mage. Let the other Dd soak a bit more but help mage keep buffs going without as much worry about curebomb.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-02-05 23:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I really go /war on RNG for merit parties is if I know the other DD's are able to keep up with me. It sucks have those damn birds riding up ya *** the whole time.
 Asura.Humtum
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2010-02-06 00:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

on sam i like to /war at birds, not so much as mamools /nin keeps me alive
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-06 00:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This might have been said but...

Bring a DNC and you won't have to /NIN to merits.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-02-06 00:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I like WAR/NIN over WAR/SAM when i merit like that, because I am first voke most of the time, and getting elegy/slept every pull gets annoying, very very fast...
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-06 01:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people choose it for survivability and maximum MP efficiency for healing minimizing downtime to preferably none at all. However, if it augments your primary job well, I find /SAM with the use of seigan (assuming you pull hate) works just as well as utsusemi if not better in some cases.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-02-06 01:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
However, if it augments your primary job well, I find /SAM with the use of seigan (assuming you pull hate) works just as well as utsusemi if not better in some cases.

I do pull hate quite a bit on my WAR, cause of good gear, and merits (Gaxe 8 STR5 ENmity+4) and capped accuracy on colibri without food/songs/rolls. I tend to like /NIN more, even if im holding hate most of the time, simply because seigan *** hates me, and i get 1-3 shadows a lot...

I hate spending 15 minutes standing there getting wailed on with nothing to keep me alive but a mage, or a drg/mage (i may do /sam in that case, since its pretty easy for a DRG/mage to keep mp up and full heal any job/race, ie galka MNKs can nearly get fully capped from 2 drg/mage >.>) but aside from that...

I've been told that I have outparsed many other DD /SAM, and have out DD'd a DRK/WAR with excellent gear (Ares's cuirass, double sniper +1 etc etc). Its all personal opinion imo, but i still believe WAR is the only job that can get away with /NIN and not take a huge dent in dot.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-06 01:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does warrior still rock with 2x axes or axe/ridill/joytoy or is it gaxe onry still?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-02-06 01:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A WAR with 8/8 Axe 8/8 Sword with jug/ridill is nice, with very very exceptional gear, but thats 16 merits to blow in combat, so its pretty much if you're WAR only >.>;; Joyeuse is all but dead tbh, so its mostly Gaxe onry x:
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-06 01:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just remember a few years back, WAR/NIN with decked out haste gear spamming rampage was gnarly ***. Was wondering if it still adds up in comparison to a WAR/SAM with gaxe now.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-02-06 01:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

LS merit pt for the win.

My Ghorn.
My boy, Samuri's Bravura

Mp and DD is never an issue.

The issue we have is enough mobs to kill.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-02-06 02:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR/SAM with 8/8 Gaxe merits and an average haste (talking w.turban, dusk gloves, b.haidate, swift, and dusk/aurum feet) is about equal to a fully decked out ridill WAR i think, at least they'll be very close over all x:
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-06 02:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose you're right. It makes more sense to go Gaxe not only because the weapon skills rock and the skill cap is higher but it means you wont have to further merit an offhand weapon to have a decent hit rate to keep the TP flowing to WS frequently.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-02-06 02:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

King's Justice ftw, 50% STR mod and its not tp = crit like RR, its pure tp = dmg.

But yeah, higher cap is what makes them aboutish equal, depending on DA rate (25%~ with a Gaxe isnt that bad)
By Antonaki 2010-02-06 02:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time i have been asked "can you /nin" for a merit pt its been because of a lazy *** RDM that cba to actually do much other than haste...
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-06 02:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonaki said:
Every time i have been asked "can you /nin" for a merit pt its been because of a lazy *** RDM that cba to actually do much other than haste...

Aye, the line is blurry between reasonable survivability and accounting for your own hate pulling behavior and healers sitting in the back with their thumb up their *** half the time. I'd like to think there's a middle ground but it's truly hard to say for most cases.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9