Why Go /NIN To Meripos?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
Why Go /NIN To Meripos?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Hades.Amnesia
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-02-13 11:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I never understood the need for SAM/NIN in merit parties with Pecking Flurry being a 4 hit TP move thus removing all shadows AND some, whereas Third Eye even without Seigen completely voids it, so In effect you could come from Hasso & Utsusemi to Seigen & no Hasso or Shadows if things really hit the fan, oh and clicking off this and that to save the recast timer on Utsusemi is just a nightmare I don't wish to have.

Physical damage reduction is your friend here too, I've lost countof the amount of times I've saved BRD's from certain death by having Provoke.

Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-13 11:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

/war is better. There are reasons /war is better. Third eye is not one of them. If you're arguing that third eye is better than shadows, then you're wrong in this case.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-13 11:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

/drg!!! high jump your hate away. While maintaining higher haste and acc
 Fairy.Geefunk
user: Buster
By Fairy.Geefunk 2010-02-13 12:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lol pecking flurry as a taru is why I still /nin on rng at 72. Damn thing can take off over half my health. Think I need to make some kind of def/pdt set for rng maybe or evasion.

And well it's just better on my thf and blu usually anyways

Sub SAM and time you're Third eye.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-13 12:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Geefunk said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lol pecking flurry as a taru is why I still /nin on rng at 72. Damn thing can take off over half my health. Think I need to make some kind of def/pdt set for rng maybe or evasion.

Though we were talking about sam main there...
 Hades.Amnesia
Server: Hades
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-02-13 12:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I don't understand Vegetto, unless it's Third Eye w/o Seigan which of course your right.

Just giving an example of what it can do and sorry for the confusion!
 Fairy.Geefunk
user: Buster
By Fairy.Geefunk 2010-02-13 12:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Geefunk said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Though we were talking about sam main there...

You just said 72rng. Or am i seeing things?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-13 12:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah that was a few things ago. They were discussing sam subs so I said /drg! Now that I have snap shot gear I don't think I'd try rng/drg until I get a kclub lol
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-02-14 01:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
If you're trying to pull something, and it's out of range of provoke and it wouldn't be safe for you to run into the middle of a group of mobs to voke it, Ranged Attack ftw! Same goes with Ninjutsu =P

If I REALLY need to pull, I would simply use my Lamian Kaman +1 (have for PLD) AND because it has less delay (delay of shots is the delay on bow, the delay on arrow is how long you have to wait to be able to fire again)

4/6 of my jobs can use it, DRG being the only one without ranged... Which also happens to be my least used job other then merits, which wouldn't have this problem D:

I see its uses, and if I forsaw that I would be using it more often, then I would grab one indefinitely, but I don't see using it for anything other then BRD pulling @ colibri camp :/
 Seraph.Doebie
Server: Seraph
user: Doebie
By Seraph.Doebie 2010-02-18 04:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

From a RDMs point of view (and Ive got 1100mp idle, Vert merits and after vert I have 1076mp) my opinion is this. You need /nin for gimp 2handers because theyre well gimp... WAR/NIN dual weilding axes or axe/riddl or something I guess is ok, but SAM and DRG and GA WARs should be SAM/WAR, DRG/SAM and WAR/SAM and the mob should die before anyone gets hurt much. If I run low on mp and the party needs to stop its usually because of 1 or 2 poorly geared idiot 2hander DDs, and they are the ones who need /nin.

Oh RNG and COR should be /war or /sam too. In a good party MNK should be fine /war too. I tend to get crappy DDs when I go MNK, so I sub /nin cause I always have hate until one of them ws...

Basically, the 1st response in this thread was correct.
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-18 05:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Doebie said:
If I run low on mp and the party needs to stop its usually because of 1 or 2 poorly geared idiot 2hander DDs, and they are the ones who need /nin.

I'm sorry! I can't help that SE gave Samurai a cap of 240 Polearm skill and I don't have Byakko's Haidate (Amongst other things) to back up being perfect! /howling cries!

Unless you're leaning toward the -PDT set and using Third Eye... I got those!
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-02-18 06:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Doebie said:
I tend to get crappy DDs when I go MNK, so I sub /nin cause I always have hate until one of them ws...

sadly, thats about 75% of the player base of 75s meriting in this day and age, thus /nin is very common :/. Most of my merit pts I end up going DRG/BLU and act as main healer while still keeping a very good DoT though x:. Any DRG who does /NIN over /SAM or /BLU is *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, definetly should be /BLU if you want survivability (no reason not to, AF helm is easily gotten, and saurian helm is good enough to keep you alive along with auto refresh and is AHable, or not heavily camped)
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-02-18 06:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
COR should be /war

yay, ppl ask me to /mage when im LFG as cor/war
hit them with a quick no, thanks and see how fast that /tell comes back because they really want a cor
plus i love looking at that 1650ish slugshot AVG on my parser =P

as far as sam/nin, sam should know how to juggle hasso/seigan by meriting levels, u can basically ride hasso+berserk 90% of the time saving seigan for that time u open with a ws and nobody else has tp to take hate
 Fairy.Shiyo
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-18 12:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor/war is amazing, cor/dnc if your party needs the extra support/healing, drain samba and waltz's are really nice. Cor/whm is complete trash terrible in every merit situation compared to /dnc, I wish people would realize this already -_-

BRD/NIN(Puller) BRD/NIN(DD BD/joy spamming evis with sushi or pizza depending on camp) NIN/WAR SAM/WAR COR/WAR SCH/RDM is my favorite merit set up!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-18 12:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
as far as sam/nin, sam should know how to juggle hasso/seigan by meriting levels, u can basically ride hasso+berserk 90% of the time saving seigan for that time u open with a ws and nobody else has tp to take hate
I ride hasso + zerk, frequently open w/ WS, AND main voke (don't like ppl fk'in w/ my overwhelm) and that number is a lot higher than 90%, it's more like 99.5%
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-18 12:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seigan for wivre only!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-18 12:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Seigan for wivre only!
Wivre may get a blad bash + reg third eye from me, but *** a seigan.

lol, i said but ***
 Seraph.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Seraph.Helixx 2010-02-19 05:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

While I love /war on my MNK, it really repends on other people what my SJ will be. Of course if you have eliete DD's with full merits and salvage gear or other goodies /war or /sam or SAM/drg is the way to go, otherwise suck it and go /nin, stay alive or decline pt offer.

DD/nin = play it safe & not above average gear.
DD/dd = 1337 party which is like a meat grinder, bird comes in, exp come out.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-19 05:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I ride hasso + zerk, frequently open w/ WS, AND main voke (don't like ppl fk'in w/ my overwhelm) and that number is a lot higher than 90%, it's more like 99.5%

I would hate to merit with you...

Unless you have a mate with similar gear, a COR, a DNC (real DNC pls) and BRD. Then I would love it.
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-02-19 05:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

"Why go /nin to Meripos"

To take less damage than the common bloody DD, and just outdamage you anyway.

Or, to have you voke (war/nin) or be my trick-*** so you can let a real DD produce even more damage, while sparing me the trouble of having to expend the time/energy of looking for a competent enough Rdm to satisfy your silliness.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-19 05:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shiyo said:
Cor/war is amazing, cor/dnc if your party needs the extra support/healing, drain samba and waltz's are really nice. Cor/whm is complete trash terrible in every merit situation compared to /dnc, I wish people would realize this already -_-

BRD/NIN(Puller) BRD/NIN(DD BD/joy spamming evis with sushi or pizza depending on camp) NIN/WAR SAM/WAR COR/WAR SCH/RDM is my favorite merit set up!

No haste? :(

War/Sam Sam/War Sam/War(Really any 3 DDs/dd) Whm/Sch Brd/Nin Cor/??? I guess DNC. Cor even better if 1 DD is a drk.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-19 05:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

COR really works best supplementing a bard's haste with double attack rolls. But stand alone, bard beats cor in merit parties for the simple fact that they have haste & elegy.

However, COR holds their own as they can also do pretty decent damage and the difference isn't gonna make or break as long as there's no downtime it's all good.
 Seraph.Doebie
user: Doebie
By Seraph.Doebie 2010-02-19 06:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Seraph.Doebie said:
If I run low on mp and the party needs to stop its usually because of 1 or 2 poorly geared idiot 2hander DDs, and they are the ones who need /nin.

I'm sorry! I can't help that SE gave Samurai a cap of 240 Polearm skill and I don't have Byakko's Haidate (Amongst other things) to back up being perfect! /howling cries!

Unless you're leaning toward the -PDT set and using Third Eye... I got those!

Oh I dont mean you need HQs and all that, I mean idiots who show up with some lvl 67 polearm, dont blink gear to ws in, tp in str rings etc. You know, gimp idiots. I dont think not having Byakko's Haidate = youre gimp. I think having ***gear when you can buy better on ah = youre gimp.

Having a -pdt set means you arent gimp (imo without seeing the rest of your gear. gimps dont make sets)
 Fairy.Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-02-19 11:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Fairy.Shiyo said:

No haste? :(

War/Sam Sam/War Sam/War(Really any 3 DDs/dd) Whm/Sch Brd/Nin Cor/??? I guess DNC. Cor even better if 1 DD is a drk.

Who needs haste when you're getting 32k+ an hour, pulling wivre, middle and lower colibri at the same time, trying to link as many on bottom as possible, AND pulling mamool from top? I also don't have RDM or whm(and never will), and sch works fine :X
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-19 11:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Doebie said:
Oh I dont mean you need HQs and all that, I mean idiots who show up with some lvl 67 polearm, dont blink gear to ws in, tp in str rings etc. You know, gimp idiots. I dont think not having Byakko's Haidate = youre gimp. I think having ***gear when you can buy better on ah = youre gimp.

Having a -pdt set means you arent gimp (imo without seeing the rest of your gear. gimps dont make sets)

I was just screwing with you :3

I do have an all-around decent TP-Set, WS-Set(Pole and GK), and PDT set.

PDT set because I duo Tuch with Mai.

<3
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 12:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I should make a -pdt set for my rng. Birds just really *** me up rq lol.

Then again rng can't wear hardly anything /sigh, see this is why I need defending ring...
 Ragnarok.Inga
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-02-19 12:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I should make a -pdt set for my rng. Birds just really *** me up rq lol.

Then again rng can't wear hardly anything /sigh, see this is why I need defending ring...

Lies, no one 'needs' anything, they just want it because its a nice item that works in situations that are quiet limiting.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 12:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Look up the definition of need. Wants can be needs. Especially in a game where there is no need to even play at all.
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-19 15:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto's opinion on the matter is swayed... in the sense that, he most likely never gets a shitty cure support in his merit pts and, therefore, doesn't need to hold back much.

In any typical merit pt via flagup/blindinvite you'll usually run into the occasional slacker that can't keep up with blink-less tanks, and thus the need for most ppl to /nin.
Plus at bird camp, its not like you need all your DDs to be /war, because mobs tend to run out anyways when you kill too fast and /nin DD's seem to average out to smoother runs. Less cures, less stress on the mages, more chances to keep chains going, and less downtime. Just need someone to voke off the puller and the DDs basically hold their own.
Freeing up mage mp for Haste/etc.

I, for one, will /war all the time... make the mages work, or gtfo.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 16:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Running out of mobs, seriously? Are you fighting birds only. No way you should kill yourself out of a chain if you're killing everything. You fighting just birds?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9