Is This Really Worth Playing Anymore?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is this really worth playing anymore?
Is this really worth playing anymore?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 16:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny really how it all turns out to be. Anyone remember that first feeling of playing FF for the first time? lol You run around with RSE gear killing lvl one mobs and loving it.. I'll never forget that feeling. Then you make friends and meet wonderful people who become closer than you'd ever imagine from a video game.

But after years of playthrough and broken memories I've come to realize FF is now nothing more than a place that people seem to forget about what matters in life.

Every single friend I met has forgotten me. I spent hours helping them get what they wanted just because I enjoyed it. In the end I'm tossed aside. It's as if I was just another NPC to them.

I met a beautiful girl on here once who became my best friend. We did everything together lol, farming, quests, duo, you name it. Eventually she became my girlfriend. It lasted for 6 months...six entire months before I found out she was married and only used me as a play thing for pleasure. You'd think it's nothing but when I really believed....when I really loved her...it honestly broke my heart.

Eventually while trying to love FF again I met another while trying to sell an Enhancing Sword. We ended up talking all day and night. lol It was...amazing. For some reason I came to really enjoy her presence. So I told her my life story...about my very first gf who died on her birthday, about my abusive parents, everything.... and about my ex-gf on FF who almost had me at suicide.

And so it went on....she comforted me and I fell for her. She promised to love me forever and be at my side. She promised to never hurt me and I did the same. Perhaps now it sounds so foolish but believe me at that moment of romance....reality changes.

Perhaps she loved me too, I'll never know. We were together a few months before she began to act strange...to have me question things. But whenever I asked she'd push away.. I began to fear that maybe it was happening all over again. But I also fought to hold the trust I had for her....I mean...she swore with all her heart that she loved me. And all I ever gave her was honesty and compassion.

....Today I found out she switched servers and tried to hide from me out of nowhere. Just like my ex... After swearing to never hurt me she did just the same as my ex-girlfriend did.

Laugh at me as you read this, while I cry as I write this. I'm merely a stupid kid who fell in love with the most beautiful girl he's ever met, but in the end she hurt me more than anyone will ever hurt me. I loved her...I still love her. But a few minutes ago I was forced to find where she fled and tell her that I loved her and if she truly never wanted to see me again I'd let her go...because I only wanted her to be happy...

I won't write any names because it's the manly thing to do. They know who they are...they may even be reading this at this very moment. The only thing I want to say is that even though this is merely a game...there are real people playing with real feelings and real lives. Is gil and gear really worth destroying someone's life? Whatever happened to playing for fun and personal enjoyment? I have no regrets for helping out the people I helped before...but for Christ's *** sake stop *** with my heart...

Call me emo. call me whatever the hell you want. But I'm just another regular player who loved playing this as much as anyone else. And I see what really happens in this game. I know how people truly are... In this game our true personalities come out and my god...lol...if this is how humans really are..then I sure hope that some *** meteor shatters the planet. Because I'd rather be a worm than a human being.

If you took the time to read this then thank you... I have no one else to talk to so the FF community seemed just.

Someone please hack my account and delete all my ***because I don't have it in me to quit this prison of a game.

*EDIT* NEVER MIND ABOUT THIS LAST STATEMENT WTF???? EMO MOMENT MUCH?

sigh... edit#2 for those who misunderstood this statement: "But after years of playthrough and broken memories I've come to realize FF is nothing more than hell itself." People seemed to have taken it literally. I meant people in general. And all the bad ***that happens on it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-15 16:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're ever thinking this, you have to quit. You have it in you to quit! Everyone does. You need to want to quit though. Do you really want to quit or are you just saying you do?

If you do, just find something else to do. Anything. Within a week or so of not playing, the urge will be basically gone unless you're really addicted. This will sound very harsh, but if you don't have any friends left in the game and such, you will find it very easy to stay away. It was the social side of it I had trouble keeping away from.

Sorry to hear about all of the ***you had to go through though :(
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-15 16:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
It was the social side of it I had trouble keeping away from.

The social side should not be a factor in wether you keep playing or you quit, I think. However much you enjoy playing with friends it's your own experience in such a game that matters foremost, MMORPG or not.

Shiva.Dinarii
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-01-15 16:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

happens irl too. cept they run off with rl money/stuff/etc. its part of life. not even touching the online relationship bit. but, you'll be fine.

PS: i can haz ur moniez? 0.0
[+]
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-01-15 16:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel sorry for you it must be horrible to be taken like this twice, but one thing i find really annoying with this game is how often people feel the need to tell you their problems. LIke above you say that you told her your life story and all the events you named are horrific and would probably scare a lot of people away especially potential girlfriends. I know you would just want to have someone to talk to but thats some serious business and im not surprised she tried to hide to be honest.

But in my opinion you need to leave the game and try it out a fresh in the real world. I hope that you find happiness in the real world and someone who can treat you the way you deserve.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-15 16:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
It was the social side of it I had trouble keeping away from.

The social side should not be a factor in wether you keep playing or you quit, I think. However much you enjoy playing with friends it's your own experience in such a game that matters foremost, MMORPG or not.

Just my bad experiences there really :x for the last month or so when I played I was playing largely just for other people, whether it was camping HNMs with them (worst activity in any game EVER... besides maybe dynamis) or just for conversation.
 Titan.Marzbarz
Server: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-01-15 16:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear about that. I do understand what a big impact FF can have on peoples lives, it's ridiculous.. but you should never make yourself feel so low because of someone else. If they are that kind of person then they're not worth your time or your tears. If you really feel that you have to quit then you will be able to. Even taking a break for a while might do you good. Just don't torture yourself.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 16:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bigeasy said:
lol get a life dude its just a game, how sad

lol There's #1 so far.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-15 16:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bigeasy said:
QFT.
[+]
 Alexander.Naraku
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Naraku 2010-01-15 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest mistake ever is to invest personal feelings into someone who you don't really know in real life.

I'm not bashing anybody for "being a loser" or anything. It's just that when people are online, they're NOT their real selves, it's who they want to be or feel like being.

Unless you're meeting a person face-to-face you can never trust a word they say about themselves or how they feel about you.

So basically: you can still meet people online, but make sure they live near you so you can actually meet them if you find yourselves attracted to eachother
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-15 16:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

His tale concerns people he's met, not really the game itself. This kind of thing could easily and does happen in real life...

Or if you mean that relationships (meaning both friendship and beyond) cultivated within a game are in some way fake, then consider the fact a lot of people regard those they only hang out with when drunk or at parties as friends.
[+]
By Tiaraa 2010-01-15 16:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

you should probably get out more...
[+]
 Asura.Remorazz
Server: Asura
user: Remorazz
By Asura.Remorazz 2010-01-15 16:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Music soothes all wounds! (assuming you like the music)
 Titan.Marzbarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-01-15 16:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bigeasy said:
What was the point of that?
[+]
 Siren.Murdock
Server: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2010-01-15 16:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

lets see here. First step to ffxi success, ignore e-***!!!!

this guy needs some courage wolf.
[+]
 Titan.Marzbarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-01-15 16:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Naraku said:
Biggest mistake ever is to invest personal feelings into someone who you don't really know in real life.

I'm not bashing anybody for "being a loser" or anything. It's just that when people are online, they're NOT their real selves, it's who they want to be or feel like being.

Unless you're meeting a person face-to-face you can never trust a word they say about themselves or how they feel about you.

So basically: you can still meet people online, but make sure they live near you so you can actually meet them if you find yourselves attracted to eachother
I do agree that you can never truly trust someone over the internet
By semimmortal 2010-01-15 16:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually had a tl;dr written out (took 3 pages from my .DOC file).
Erased it and decided this will answer for itself:

FFXI is a game, not a love hotel.
IF you're seeking for love, real life is the answer.
Everything in game is fake. Yes, even that promise you think is true.
Marriage in game, don't want to be mean to the others who cherishes it, but yup... also fake.
Gils as real though.
Veeery real.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-15 16:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Marzbarz said:
Odin.Bigeasy said:
What was the point of that?

It has a better chance of shaking him awake than anything else we said.
[+]
 Bismarck.Makai
Server: Bismarck
user: M4k4i
By Bismarck.Makai 2010-01-15 16:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Do yourself a favor and quit the game, shave your face, go out and meet a nice girl, there are plenty out there. Or at least take a break and play Bayonetta or so lol. FF XI is a game which means you NEVER know who sits behind the screen, ergo FF is anonymous, you can behave like an *** and nobody knows who you really are...ppl know this and often exploit that fact. And don't let the game be representative for the real world out there, FF XI is a gigantic virtual playground, it should never be more than that.

Cheers and good luck to you
 Remora.Ampelius
Server: Remora
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2010-01-15 16:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

some people have real problems.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 16:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's crazy but to show my trust I put ALL my gil in the trade icon and press okay. ...maybe they cancel because of fear? lol But Yeah..I've only ever done it twice and both times got canceled.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-15 16:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So did anyone hear what happened in Haiti...

Honestly. Reality check, do you need it?
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-01-15 16:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Murdock said:
lets see here. First step to ffxi success, ignore e-***!!!!

this guy needs some courage wolf.
Does this work?

[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-15 17:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
It's crazy but to show my trust I put ALL my gil in the trade icon and press okay. ...maybe they cancel because of fear? lol But Yeah..I've only ever done it twice and both times got canceled.

Trust = gil?
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 17:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well no lol but it's probably the best way to show it imo on FF. Well...in a short amount of time. But yeah apparently it fails against e-*** since they know every trick I suppose.:/
 Seraph.Pikachu
Server: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2010-01-15 17:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 17:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

...Okay cool cool..... but stop derailing my post!! ;; I wanna see more replies like the first few. lol
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-15 17:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd know to trust her if she took it and gave you 1 gil more than you gave her.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-15 17:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just wondering, did the second girl take anything of value of yours when she jumped servers?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6