Is This Really Worth Playing Anymore?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is this really worth playing anymore?
Is this really worth playing anymore?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-15 21:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So I don't really understand the point of this thread.

On one hand, it looks like you were looking for a genuine discussion on whether it's worth playing this game after so many misfortunes (mostly caused by your own ignorance), however, reading further:

Quote:
..Okay cool cool..... but stop derailing my post!! ;; I wanna see more replies like the first few. lol
Quote:
Talking from experience eh? lol Apparently you never grew up because you still release that hatred on other posts which I find even more so childish. lol I released ***on my own post. Wanna talk about your problems? Post your own and see what others think, or....just stfu. ^^

Quote:
That's what I've been waiting to hear for some time. lol

It just leads me to believe you're looking for people to pat you on the head and say "Everything will be alright."

I guess I just don't see the point in seeking therapy on an internet forum. You're probably going to turn around and say "Tell something that everyone else HASN'T told me yet" but if you seriously contemplated SUICIDE over an INTERNET girlfriend, you have serious issues. That's not a FFXI problem, that's a YOU problem.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-15 21:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps he was seeking peers who have had similar experiences or others to relate to so some light can be shed on what would be an idea solution to the given dilemma.

It isn't necessary to delve into the psyche or make anti-productive posts made simply to ridicule others and/or stroke your ego. We all got issues, we all got skeletons in the closet. At the very least he's open about it and got some down to earth and straight to the point input/advice.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 22:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw.....stop mentioning Haiti idc...California is next which is where I'm at, I won't be caring about that soon either since I might be gone. x_x
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-15 22:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
Perhaps he was seeking peers who have had similar experiences or others to relate to so some light can be shed on what would be an idea solution to the given dilemma.

It isn't necessary to delve into the psyche or make anti-productive posts made simply to ridicule others and/or stroke your ego. We all got issues, we all got skeletons in the closet. At the very least he's open about it and got some down to earth and straight to the point input/advice.

Really?
Quote:
But after years of playthrough and broken memories I've come to realize FF is nothing more than hell itself.

Sounds like he's using his FFXI as a scapegoat for his personal issues. Yes, FFXI was the setting in which his problems existed, but they were, by no means, the CAUSE. The CAUSE was his own ignorance. Of course some people are going to feel more....comfortable in using and abusing others with the shadow of anonymity protecting them. Once the game shuts down, your reputation in said game doesn't matter anymore. That's just a fact of life.

I also don't believe that "support" means giving someone a false sense of hope or security.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-15 22:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Really stop feeling sorry for yourself. Many people are worse off than you.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 22:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
So I don't really understand the point of this thread.

On one hand, it looks like you were looking for a genuine discussion on whether it's worth playing this game after so many misfortunes (mostly caused by your own ignorance), however, reading further:

Quote:
..Okay cool cool..... but stop derailing my post!! ;; I wanna see more replies like the first few. lol
Quote:
Talking from experience eh? lol Apparently you never grew up because you still release that hatred on other posts which I find even more so childish. lol I released ***on my own post. Wanna talk about your problems? Post your own and see what others think, or....just stfu. ^^

Quote:
That's what I've been waiting to hear for some time. lol

It just leads me to believe you're looking for people to pat you on the head and say "Everything will be alright."

I guess I just don't see the point in seeking therapy on an internet forum. You're probably going to turn around and say "Tell something that everyone else HASN'T told me yet" but if you seriously contemplated SUICIDE over an INTERNET girlfriend, you have serious issues. That's not a FFXI problem, that's a YOU problem.

I couldn't care less what you have to say.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-15 22:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

By support I mean giving a simple reality check and giving suggestions to overcome an emotional obstacle, regardless of what medium it took place in.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-15 22:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

Of course you don't, because I refuse to enable your self destructive behavior.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-15 22:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
By support I mean giving a simple reality check and giving suggestions to overcome an emotional obstacle, regardless of what medium it took place in.

Here's a suggestion: Get therapy.

Supportive enough?
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-15 22:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice of you to turn this into something it isn't.
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

Of course you don't, because I refuse to enable your self destructive behavior.

Then stop posting?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-15 22:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My god, It's like im 13 on Myspace all over again.

I hated it then, And I hate it now.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 22:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

His pic already shows how he like to take it. ...why I pay him no mind
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-15 22:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You got your emotionally vulnerable, your typical forum trolls and those who put in their two cents and try to help out. Kinda sums up everything yes?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-15 22:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I really apologise for Shiva.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-15 22:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
You got your emotionally vulnerable, your typical forum trolls and those who put in their two cents and try to help out. Kinda sums up everything yes?

If by "emotionally vulnerable" you mean "people who refuse to develop healthy ways to deal with bad situations and stress" then yes, you pretty much described the OP to a T.

And if giving the kid a reality check is "trolling," then I'll take that title gladly. The problem with people like you is everyone is so blinded by self-inflicted issues from kids like him, they feel sorry for them and refuse to tell them the cold hard truth.

The truth sucks sometimes. Best you learn that early.
[+]
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-15 22:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Asura.Artemicion said:

Here's a suggestion: Get therapy.

Supportive enough?

It was suggested, on more than one occasion.. and in a far more constructive manner. You don't have to be so abrasive all the time Katarzyna. Unclench a little.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-15 22:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see everything is sunshine and rainbows for ya Kat. But you aren't really one to say what is and what isn't for someone else. As others have said, would this really be different had it been experienced in RL? I have no doubt the effect would be the same.
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-15 22:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little?
 Seraph.Pikachu
Server: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2010-01-15 22:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

this QQ fest is still going?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-15 22:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Pikachu said:
this QQ fest is still going?

Yep...

/crys on Pikachu.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-01-15 22:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Katarzyna is a troll. Every single post I've read of her was to put someone down. Maybe she was nicer before, but I didn't notice her until recently. Just because she's a girl doesn't give her a valid point to be utterly annoyed by every emotional person on this planet and sue them about it... >.> Oh wait, maybe she's a guy. Damn, I completely missed that part. I say he's guilty of trolling.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-15 22:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Psyence said:
Katarzyna is a troll. Every single post I've read of her was to put someone down. Maybe she was nicer before, but I didn't notice her until recently. Just because she's a girl doesn't give her a valid point to be utterly annoyed by every emotional person on this planet and sue them about it... >.> Oh wait, maybe she's a guy. Damn, I completely missed that part. I say he's guilty of trolling.

Actually I think you're right, her/his avatar was like Toph a while back and he/she had a rough yet gentle aura about them. Or maybe that was me projecting traits from the character onto him/her.
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-15 22:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus we gotta stop quoting the same thing..
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-15 22:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Troll isn't the right word.

Abrasive maybe, but not a troll.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 22:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You know reading a lot of these replies makes me feel better. Thanks to those who eased the burden a bit, much appreciated.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-15 22:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Hit said:
Bartimaeus we gotta stop quoting the same thing..

GAME. SET. MATCH.

Quote, I dare ya. /waits for paradox

Good god sir.. what have you done?
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-15 22:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, you guys can play My Little Therapist as long as you want to. You guys can log off your PCs tonight feeling all warm and fuzzy inside because you've managed to hold an umbrella over this kid's head instead of letting the rain drench him until he finally thought about seeking shelter. I don't care. The OP can quit the game, commit suicide (DISCLAIMER: Not saying he SHOULD. In fact, he SHOULDN'T), admit himself in a residential treatment program, or simply stop posting and none of you would know the difference.

I was told to offer a suggestion, and I did. And then you guys start bitching about it because I didn't offer it "constructively." (READ: sugar coat)

[+]