Is This Really Worth Playing Anymore?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is this really worth playing anymore?
Is this really worth playing anymore?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 22:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Ok, you guys can play My Little Therapist as long as you want to. You guys can log off your PCs tonight feeling all warm and fuzzy inside because you've managed to hold an umbrella over this kid's head instead of letting the rain drench him until he finally thought about seeking shelter. I don't care. The OP can quit the game, commit suicide (DISCLAIMER: Not saying he SHOULD), admit himself in a residential treatment program, or simply stop posting and none of you would know the difference.

I was told to offer a suggestion, and I did. And then you guys start bitching about it because I didn't offer it "constructively." (READ: sugar coat)

And now another person trying to write like GM Dave... look at his/her/its profile... Not even a player anymore. Just someone who has nothing better to do but talk ***online.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-15 22:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather people who talk ***, to people who post sob stories trying to get sympathy from random people online.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-15 22:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
And now another person trying to write like GM Dave... look at his/her/its profile... Not even a player anymore. Just someone who has nothing better to do but talk ***online.

Actually, I unlinked my linkshell profile 3 months ago.

(That doesn't mean I quit the game.)
Quote:
Katarzyna is a troll. Every single post I've read of her was to put someone down. Maybe she was nicer before, but I didn't notice her until recently. Just because she's a girl doesn't give her a valid point to be utterly annoyed by every emotional person on this planet and sue them about it... >.> Oh wait, maybe she's a guy. Damn, I completely missed that part. I say he's guilty of trolling.

Ok here's a troll post dedicated to you:

I say you're guilty of idiocy.

And who have I "sued" exactly?

I like how if someone is brutally honest, they're a "troll." I like how if someone has a differing opinion, they're also a "troll." Can I call you a troll, because you called me a troll? Ok, you're a troll, simply because I said so.

(If you haven't noticed by now, your opinion means nothing to me.)
 Sylph.Ixe
Server: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-01-15 22:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hit said:
Bartimaeus we gotta stop quoting the same thing..
Hit you're the exception...
You got your girl :P
I perrrrrsonally would never do this to a person :x
Buuuuut This happens to -guys- all the time
Sorry to hear it happened to you Dar~
But I hear this all the time from guys on my server
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-15 22:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Ok, you guys can play My Little Therapist as long as you want to. You guys can log off your PCs tonight feeling all warm and fuzzy inside because you've managed to hold an umbrella over this kid's head instead of letting the rain drench him until he finally thought about seeking shelter. I don't care. The OP can quit the game, commit suicide (DISCLAIMER: Not saying he SHOULD. In fact, he SHOULDN'T), admit himself in a residential treatment program, or simply stop posting and none of you would know the difference.

I was told to offer a suggestion, and I did. And then you guys start bitching about it because I didn't offer it "constructively." (READ: sugar coat)

Okay, You're right you don't have to sugar coat it... and maybe it did degenerate into a little bit of everybody vs. Katarzyna, but I think you're making more out of it than it is.. Personally I think he should see a counselor at the least if he's that tore up about it, but it seems more like he just needed to vent.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-15 22:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:
Asura.Hit said:
Bartimaeus we gotta stop quoting the same thing..
Hit you're the exception...
You got your girl :P
I perrrrrsonally would never do this to a person :x
Buuuuut This happens to -guys- all the time
Sorry to hear it happened to you Dar~
But I hear this all the time from guys on my server

You're right, this happened to a friend of mine recently (won't name names) it can be a difficult time. I hate to see a friend who used to love the game searching to find a reason to stay online.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-15 23:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna keep it short, Bart summed up what I'd say, more or less.
Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
Answer to OP Title: Yes, just not with some of the *** out there and/or on here.
[+]
 Garuda.Sukihiku
Server: Garuda
user: Sukihiku
By Garuda.Sukihiku 2010-01-15 23:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashitaka said:

Meh. I AM married to some one I met on the game so boo. Have been for some time >:D...

^ Word. I'm engaged to mah manz that I met on the game! =)
 Lakshmi.Sage
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sageskis
By Lakshmi.Sage 2010-01-16 00:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
So did anyone hear what happened in Haiti... Honestly. Reality check, do you need it?

From usatoday.com.....
"Haitian President Rene Preval told The Miami Herald that over a 20-hour period government crews had removed 7,000 corpses from the streets and morgues and buried them in mass graves. The International Red Cross estimated that up to 50,000 people were killed in the quake."

...oh yea...back to you're online relationship woes. I know it might be hard for you to understand now, but when you're older you'll see just how young and naive 18 year olds can be, and you'll learn to laugh at it. You may not want to hear this but stop feeling sorry for yourself. You're too young too be feeling such hoplessness. Imagine how the people in haiti feel right now. Can you compare? You should be thankful for what you have. Maybe this girl moving to another server was for the best. Perhaps she realized online relationships dont work, but knew how attached you were to her and was afraid to hurt you. Atleast she did what seemed best for you, because what you described is very unhealthy. By switching servers she made the decision for both of you, rather than giving you the option to try to hold on. In time you'll realize it was for the best for both of you. Its just hard to see that now. Anyway, Ive said my peace. Good luck
 Bahamut.Xswift
Server: Bahamut
user: xswift
By Bahamut.Xswift 2010-01-16 00:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My God, its like these woman ran off with your balls, no wonder you play the game, you shelter yourself from the harsh realities of the world. Man up and learn rule number 1, the only person you can trust is YOURSELF. I can't even feel sorry for you because that's not what you need, you need a damn reality check. If you let woman always get the better of you no matter how desperate you are for a connection, they will eventually leave you because your just not interesting, your predictable and a pussy. You don't need to be a *** all the time, but just enough to show them you have a backbone and just maybe... you might find one that won't run off.

Someone says he thinks he just needed to vent, I think this is like some desperate ploy to get the girls attention and maybe make her feel sorry for him so she comes back.
[+]
 Asura.Humtum
user: scapular
By Asura.Humtum 2010-01-16 00:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xswift said:
My God, its like these woman ran off with your balls, no wonder you play the game, you shelter yourself from the harsh realities of the world. Man up and learn rule number 1, the only person you can trust is YOURSELF. I can't even feel sorry for you because that's not what you need, you need a damn reality check. If you let woman always get the better of you no matter how desperate you are for a connection, they will eventually leave you because your just not interesting, your predictable and a pussy. You don't need to be a *** all the time, but just enough to show them you have a backbone and just maybe... you might find one that won't run off.

lol well said
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-16 01:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xswift said:

Someone says he thinks he just needed to vent, I think this is like some desperate ploy to get the girls attention and maybe make her feel sorry for him so she comes back.

I agree with you to a degree, however you fail to also realize that women in general can and tend to be *** crazy. There doesn't have to be a justification for what happened, and it sucks.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-16 01:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xswift said:

heh...No it's nothing like that at all. And don't misunderstand, I don't feel sorry for myself. I know it was the right thing to do. And I know she knows it too. I'm only mourning the loss of a good friend/lover. And needed to vent out. As for 'sheltering myself', I'm not sure you know what you speak of because clearly I came out of the open to speak my heart out. At least I have balls, you who doesn't trust anyone needs to grow some and stop running away like the girls did.

And if the only person you can trust is yourself, you'll live a life full of emptiness. Perhaps you should learn more before you try to preach your beliefs.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-01-16 01:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You could have still talked to me :(
 Seraph.Pikachu
Server: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2010-01-16 01:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-16 01:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Pikachu said:

lmao damn man go back to /b/ XD
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-16 01:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
You could have still talked to me :(

And I didn't see you on D: we can talk tomorrow lol...well on here x_x I plan on buying a new game like I used to before FF sucked me in. xD Need a small break methinks..
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-16 01:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Pikachu said:

Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-16 01:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cats make everything better. True story.
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-01-16 01:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't bothered to read the five pages separating the OP from this post, as I just want to reply to the OP...

I played this game forever, and I had ups and downs:

Close friendships formed, then ended because someone ripped me off over gil or a rare drop.

Even closer friendships ended because real life forced someone I was close to out of the game and we barely communicate anymore.

A very good linkshell I was in descended from on top of the world all the way to being unable to kill Proto-Omega reliably.

Along the way I had to teach myself to keep my mouth shut and not make deposits when fools are letting their egos write checks that their *** can't cash.

I had to learn the hard way to always have potential drops planned out in advance, even with people I trusted implicitly.

But I made memories during my time in FFXI. I haven't forgotten the thrill of HNM kills, or how it felt to earn your mission reward. I haven't forgotten the friends I made, or the crazy things we did.

In the end, I left FFXI frustrated and disappointed. My server went from Ballista Royale champions to 11 man Tiamats to chaos to bot wars to what seems to exist now: endless immature bickering over five year old monsters.

Today, I am not frustrated or disappointed anymore. People aren't really like that in real life. Most of them understand that you don't fix problems by running away from them. They know that most excuses are *** and don't change anything for the better.

These days, I run into one of these posts lamenting what happened ingame about once a month, if not more often. What I am saying here is people aren't like that in real life. Most of them don't have the courage to get up and make a change, for better or for worse. Hell, many people probably end up sitting there in a chair playing this game (and others) precisely because they lack the courage to make a change in the real world.

Delete the game off your computer. Throw away your discs so you aren't tempted later on to reinstall. It is time to move on. And whatever you end up doing, don't look back on FFXI in anger. Or frustration, disappointment, bitterness...whatever.

You had your fun.
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-01-16 02:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey you are on my server!

Ok taking what you have said with how you have replied to what has been said both positive and negative this is my opinion.

I would definitely get some help/interaction. Even if its just with family that live away from you or something. I can see where you are coming from 100% but you do SEEM to be wanting happy smile answers as everyone that has said anything (even if it was correct or an option you could follow) in a negative light you have basically had a go at lol.

When I was 18 I broke up with an awesome girl and completely destroyed me but after a bit I went out with friends, got smashed, had a laugh then I was right as rain. It happens.

I date someone on FF atm, I like her alot, we are currently saving to see each other. We have each others account info, we have used each others characters. We MSN mic/cam all the time. Is it ideal, *** no. If she screwed me over because of the obvious danger and what happened to me when i was 18 (24 now lol) I wouldn't be in such a state. I would accept the fact i made a bad judgement call and get over it. Pissed yes, end of the world, no.

Is what we do/did clever?. Well no it isn't but I'm happy. If she screwed me over would i feel like you? No cos i been through bad ***before. It gets easier, move on.

Summary as a rambled.

1. Everything said has merit, all say the same thing. Get help/interaction. Even the ppl saying you are a retard are basically saying this.......do it!

2. It gets better, follow step one.

3. Should you do it again? If you do accept the risks and don't be omfgwtfbbqsauce if it falls apart.

4. Please follow step one. We are all saying this, although i do like Courage wolf and the cool cat pics.

Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-16 02:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Long story short, go out and live life instead of being cloistered in the game's already negative drama antics. You'll build a resistance to its *** and things will in turn get alot better and generally be more enjoyable.
 Siren.Avina
Server: Siren
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2010-01-16 02:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sorta been said before, maybe I just want to give my little spin on it.

People are going to leave you in life. IRL, in the game, whatever. They have that choice. And whenever you enter into a relationship for the first time, there is always a good share of risk. "The one" doesn't always come so easily.

Sometimes the other person doesn't need a reason to leave you. Sometimes its just because they want to date other people. That's what happened to me and my girlfriend (IRL) around your age. One day I got told "We don't fight or anything, there aren't any problems, so what are we going to do? Date until we get married?" And she wasn't ready to find the one. At the time I couldn't see that, and I made the mistake of fighting against that, feeling like I could win her back when I couldn't. That was my mistake, to fight against it so hard. Because all I did was push her further away to the point where we aren't friends anymore. It's something I regret.

But you live and you learn. Sometimes you *** up, and like others have said, you deal with it.

And while I'm not going to troll you, I am going to talk frankly, you've been very naive. I'm not saying it is something you should be ashamed about either, you are young. But the sooner you realize the part you played and how you let yourself fall into this mess, the faster you will mature and become happier. And as a general rule, internet relationships incorporate a huge amount of risk, even more so than IRL relationships. It was naive to get so involved and so attached to a girl in a video game, exactly for the consequences that you have seen. It was a mistake. But you didn't know better. Now you should.

I know this may run counter to a lot of people's opinions here but I don't believe you should be posting this sort of stuff up on an online forum. The biggest reason is because you are just a name on a screen, just like in FFXI. We don't know you, and honestly, really don't have much of a reason to care. And likewise we don't really mean a whole lot to you either (or at least, we shouldn't). You would get a lot more meaning advice and interactions from people who know you, like your parents, or you close friends, even LS buddies if they know you well enough. People who know who you are, and can give you better advice.

And as a general rule, you shouldn't often talk much with other people about your own personal problems, especially potential girlfriends and whatnot. It is basically putting your weight, and your problems, onto them, and in many cases it will push people away. We all have our struggles to deal with and taking on others' too is hard. You save that info for someone who really is special, and who knows you more than just through simple text interactions.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-16 02:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Avina said:
It's sorta been said before, maybe I just want to give my little spin on it.

People are going to leave you in life. IRL, in the game, whatever. They have that choice. And whenever you enter into a relationship for the first time, there is always a good share of risk. "The one" doesn't always come so easily.

Sometimes the other person doesn't need a reason to leave you. Sometimes its just because they want to date other people. That's what happened to me and my girlfriend (IRL) around your age. One day I got told "We don't fight or anything, there aren't any problems, so what are we going to do? Date until we get married?" And she wasn't ready to find the one. At the time I couldn't see that, and I made the mistake of fighting against that, feeling like I could win her back when I couldn't. That was my mistake, to fight against it so hard. Because all I did was push her further away to the point where we aren't friends anymore. It's something I regret.

But you live and you learn. Sometimes you *** up, and like others have said, you deal with it.

And while I'm not going to troll you, I am going to talk frankly, you've been very naive. I'm not saying it is something you should be ashamed about either, you are young. But the sooner you realize the part you played and how you let yourself fall into this mess, the faster you will mature and become happier. And as a general rule, internet relationships incorporate a huge amount of risk, even more so than IRL relationships. It was naive to get so involved and so attached to a girl in a video game, exactly for the consequences that you have seen. It was a mistake. But you didn't know better. Now you should.

I know this may run counter to a lot of people's opinions here but I don't believe you should be posting this sort of stuff up on an online forum. The biggest reason is because you are just a name on a screen, just like in FFXI. We don't know you, and honestly, really don't have much of a reason to care. And likewise we don't really mean a whole lot to you either (or at least, we shouldn't). You would get a lot more meaning advice and interactions from people who know you, like your parents, or you close friends, even LS buddies if they know you well enough. People who know who you are, and can give you better advice.

And as a general rule, you shouldn't often talk much with other people about your own personal problems, especially potential girlfriends and whatnot. It is basically putting your weight, and your problems, onto them, and in many cases it will push people away. We all have our struggles to deal with and taking on others' too is hard. You save that info for someone who really is special, and who knows you more than just through simple text interactions.

Very well said. Pointed out alot of things I wanted to say but couldn't put my finger on at the time. Very wise indeed.
 Fenrir.Sirseifer
Server: Fenrir
user: sirseifer
By Fenrir.Sirseifer 2010-01-16 02:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest taking up a hobby or doing something like Martial Arts. I'd really recommend Martial Arts, it helps build your confidence and you always meet a great group of people at a club.

Tae-kwon-Do is good fun, you get fit, meet people and improve yourself physically and mentally. Just check out a trial class at the very least, you won't regret it I promise.

Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-01-16 05:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sirseifer said:
I'd suggest taking up a hobby or doing something like Martial Arts. I'd really recommend Martial Arts, it helps build your confidence and you always meet a great group of people at a club.

Tae-kwon-Do is good fun, you get fit, meet people and improve yourself physically and mentally. Just check out a trial class at the very least, you won't regret it I promise.

I agree there Tae-kwon-so is tonnes of fun, i just sucked at it, had a great laugh tho XD
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-01-16 06:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

what i wanna say can only be said in song
 Shiva.Muter
user: Muter
By Shiva.Muter 2010-01-16 06:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Xdudemanx said:

what i wanna say can only be said in song
4:45 am waking up to this is so awsome, Dark you're on Shiva, you should no not to trust anyone on this server, Sucks to get hurt etc, but Dudeman pretty much said it all with his post.
Carry on~