Is This Really Worth Playing Anymore?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is this really worth playing anymore?
Is this really worth playing anymore?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-15 17:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I could relate to the OP through similar experiences within the game, and as a result was the indirect cause of me quitting the game 5 months ago. Social fallouts are never easy to overcome or deal with regardless of whether it was good buddies or perhaps something a little more personal and intimate.

Either way, your best bet is to take the game in moderation and never take anyone or anything too seriously. As sad as it may seem, knowing a person is a life long process and quite frankly never really is set in stone since it is in human nature that people change. Try not to take things in game too personally or get sucked into drama-traps. What you need is some good ol' RL to smooth out the emotional gravity this game gives you.

Log out, grab a buddy, have a beer and maybe ask someone cute out. Have a good time; it'll do your soul some good and hopefully soften some edges to your emotionally rigid disposition.

After dealing with in game drama with girls, gear and gil left me looking at reality alot like this guy; it's just one big bad joke, have fun with it.

[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-15 17:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lennavan said:
The problem is you have had a lifetime of being told you need meds and you're screwed in the head. What you need is a lifetime of being told to take personal responsibility for yourself.

If you won, you'd have a bomb-*** internet only gf who would go away as soon as SE shuts down the servers. Yay for teenager love.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
 Fairy.Deist
Server: Fairy
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2010-01-15 17:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Talking from experience eh? lol Apparently you never grew up because you still release that hatred on other posts which I find even more so childish. lol I released ***on my own post. Wanna talk about your problems? Post your own and see what others think, or....just stfu. ^^

Awesome. Nice turn around - you're cured!
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-15 18:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I give props for opening up through the most hateful and childish medium possible: The Internet. Luckily for you this community is a little more empathetic and understanding than most. Hope you feel better dude.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-15 18:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Talking from experience eh? lol Apparently you never grew up because you still release that hatred on other posts which I find even more so childish. lol I released ***on my own post. Wanna talk about your problems? Post your own and see what others think, or....just stfu. ^^

I know one thing, you're absolutely not wrong in the head. If you were, you wouldn't have pointed that out.

Fairy.Deist
Server: Fairy
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2010-01-15 18:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

I know one thing, you're absolutely not wrong in the head. If you were, you wouldn't have pointed that out.

You would, and you wouldn't. For example - if you come to the understanding that your reality doesn't match with other people's then... then you would know something if a miss.

But this is the wrong place for a talk like that which I am starting so.. meh.
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2010-01-15 18:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

Someone please hack my account and delete all my ***because I don't have it in me to quit this prison of a game.

forward your pol id and password to me and i'll "hack" you :p
in a more positive note, keep your chin up. it's not ffxi that is *** up and cruel, it's all life--especially most of the people you meet in it. but there is always someone or two that have a bit of integrity in them and that's what makes life (or ffxi in this case) worth sticking with.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-01-15 18:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sell your account and your gils, give half to Haiti and take the other half to buy a bus ticket to as far as the money will get you. Once you exit the bus, walk back home and take that time to think back on all this. You should feel better by the time you are back home. Good luck.

[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 18:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Deist said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

You would, and you wouldn't. For example - if you come to the understanding that your reality doesn't match with other people's then... then you would know something if a miss.

But this is the wrong place for a talk like that which I am starting so.. meh.

That's what I've been waiting to hear for some time. lol
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-01-15 18:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... finding love in an MMORPG sounds pretty ... unrealistic to me... But then again, I met my girlfriend on ICQ 8 years ago while all my friends were warning me about "the girls from Internet".

What you're feeling could have happened in a different environment, and you probably would have felt the same if it did. Just make sure you realize that FF XI has nothing to do with what happened. This game, and the people you meet in it, are totaly separate things.

If you studied in University and met a girl who studied there, and she broke your heart and changed University, who would you feel in the loser? And most importantly, would you feel like quiting University because it's not "how it used to be like"?

For new players, the game is still fresh... Walk around with your AF sometimes, just for fun, and when you get sick of it, take a break.

Oh, and do try to see what you can do to help about Haiti. Their problems will make you realize how you life isn't that cruel after all.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-01-15 18:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny you brought this up, and I'm not saying funny as in laughing at you.

If you don't have much of a social life in real life it can be easy to find yourself attached to in-game people even in the romantic sense.

The difference between you and them is that you actually had the balls to post this on an internet forum which in a sense deserves positive merit.

People will flame or laugh at you sure, and i know you probably expected that.

My biggest point is that there will be an eventual change in your life for the better where you realize what's actually important in life outside of video games or whatever you may do as a hobby on your computer or whatnot.

Under every circumstance possible avoid e-relationships especially in video games. It's actually proven that many guys play girl characters and may even flirt to get ahead and then drop you. This is common and you are not the first at all.

Instant messengers or myspace (lol) might prove higher chances but still not a smart move. The best thing you can do at a chance for real love (or a chance at it) is to cruise the mall with 1-2 friends... doesn't matter how geeky you think you are.... hell even a public library... just hang out in or near sections you like and glance around every now and again.

A wingman is pretty important honestly.

I'm no love doctor and i can't say that I've had a great time with women in my life either, but I've been lucky enough to find someone by age 25. Someone actually worth the world.

In short... just relax and enjoy the ride of life and see where it takes you. Try new ***and see where it goes ^_^
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 18:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah totally agreed about the whole ppl not FFXI thing. That's what I meant on the OP, sorry if it came out the wrong way. I think I just write a bit too dramatic. lol But I suppose only words like those could describe how I felt at the moment. FFXI itself is a pure game, it's the people that have the power to keep it nice or to murk it up.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-15 19:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Yeah totally agreed about the whole ppl not FFXI thing. That's what I meant on the OP, sorry if it came out the wrong way. I think I just write a bit too dramatic. lol But I suppose only words like those could describe how I felt at the moment. FFXI itself is a pure game, it's the people that have the power to keep it nice or to murk it up.

I went through same stuff you did, so I know how ya feel, but nothing's better than a rl woman... just make her play games with you irl >:O.. it's just that much better
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-01-15 19:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeahwell. The trick to any online relationship is really don't look. Don't try. >_> If either of you look, it's gonna end horribly and things will end in extreme spite.

As Ashi said though, having a woman irl who plays games with you is like hitting the *** jackpot. Hearing the female you shagged an hour ago yell "*** YEAH PREDATOR MISSLE" is a nerd wet dream. Just go with the flow of life, ***happens like it happens. Overthink, and things fall apart. I just stopped caring, and I got myself something nice.

Point being. At the thread title? No. Not without some RL friends to hang with.
By Ashitaka 2010-01-15 19:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Yeahwell. The trick to any online relationship is really don't look. Don't try. >_> If either of you look, it's gonna end horribly and things will end in extreme spite.

As Ashi said though, having a woman irl who plays games with you is like hitting the *** jackpot. Hearing the female you shagged an hour ago yell "*** YEAH PREDATOR MISSLE" is a nerd wet dream. Just go with the flow of life, ***happens like it happens. Overthink, and things fall apart. I just stopped caring, and I got myself something nice.

Point being. At the thread title? No. Not without some RL friends to hang with.

Exactly.. sex + games all I need
 Shiva.Marty
By Shiva.Marty 2010-01-15 20:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkmacabre in Dynamis <Found it>
By Ashitaka 2010-01-15 20:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ascher said:
I've had the same experience man. The thing is, you would have been in the same situation irl too. The same kind of semi love, romance, whatever you want to call it happens from real life too. Girls play, tease, talk to you a lot like you are really part of their life, but really just using you. I'm not saying they are all like this I'm just saying you cant have your heart out in the open, but you don't want to be the harda** that never talks either. It's a bunch of give and take with friendships before you see if it's serious and online relationships are possible (my sister's BF was met on myspace and I swear they are going to marry!)

Back to the subject of FFXI being a prison and not being worth playing. I'd say it all depends what you are playing for. I started out playing for fun like any other game and learning from it. Then I got in the "Too close" zone of friendships, taking them too seriously and had a lot of drama. Then I was the quiet never talked to anyone mean guy that played only for the best and to get EG gear all that I could be! Last I went back to treating it as a game I could get on whenever I wanted and still played with 2 of the best friends I'll ever have. Don't play for anyone else's sake.

Things change in time tho, so don't make it a thing you expect to do for years to come.

If you feel you need to quit, quit. If you just quitting for pity, don't quit if you can still play for yourself w/o drama only with fun doing what you WANT to do.

I started to work a lot more and in college too so doing EG events screwed me over. I purposely transferred my character to a new server so I could get away from an EG shell I knew and that would force me to play less but when I played, play for fun. Met new friends too so it was still all good.

Anyway man, it's normal how you felt and acted, because the same can happen in real life. If this game feels like a prison to you try to enjoy it a a GAME and see how that goes. Balance your priorities and see how that goes and quit if you must but with a great attitude.

Meh. I AM married to some one I met on the game so boo. Have been for some time >:D...
 Bahamut.Megbite
Server: Bahamut
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2010-01-15 20:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was 18, it was a lot harder to find chicks then when I was 16,17,20+. 18 is a hard age. You're expected to date girls 18+, but as it seams, those girls are into dudes that can buy them drinks, have more cash and have a nicer car then you.
Suck it up. things get better. Hit the gym, get lean and mean, focus your self-pity into an aggression that will pump you up like arnold was back in the day.
After time spent on improving yourself physically, you should also have help cure yourself emotionally as well.

Get a new hobby. it's time. go to school, hit the gym, suck it up, and life will get better.

By the way. I'm 29 happily married to a woman I shag and meritpo with. We found each other whilst in university, and it turns out real life commingling can work out for the best.

Go you!
[+]
By Ashitaka 2010-01-15 20:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I shag and meritpo with.

Yeaaaah, do both at the same time.
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2010-01-15 20:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashitaka said:
Quote:
I shag and meritpo with.

My fiance and I play.. this may or may not have taken place.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-01-15 20:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop wasting your time and come play MW2 o.o
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2010-01-15 20:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashitaka said:
Quote:
I shag and meritpo with.

Yes, playing FFXI with the person you actually live with is TEH AWESOME. ^^

I wish my man would start playing again, but he got burned out a while back because of Dynamis and CoP.

Anyway, though, Darkmacabre, I sent a pm to tell you about something I think you might benefit from, to help when you start feeling overwhelmed by stuffs. ^^
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-01-15 20:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Stop wasting your time and come play MW2 o.o

lol I do play it sometimes. Gamertag is: xX Shemhazai Xx
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz