Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-04 09:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Easy

r/l = Zanno

Really :) That's pretty cool name. ^^

My first name I changed it to Alyria from a name referencing a JP girl band.

This is my 2nd name:

Well this name I actually was looking for a anime name with my was a bf at that time, as a couple. But every name was taken so I just googled random names and saw Alyria as some game title and here I am.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-12-04 09:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I made my name up, actually.

I wanted something that sounds Latin, but also something that I won't run into "That username is taken" everytime I register for a new site.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-12-04 09:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sly comes from the nickname I obtained in real life for being a sneaky little *** :P

Tribal is my characters surname and I got this since FF9 is my favourite game, and I main Thief.
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2009-12-04 09:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My name IRL is Parker so I kinda just messed with it and came up with Parak :)

My first LS used to call me Parakattack so now I have a Galka named Parakattack also
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-04 09:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Easy

r/l = Zanno

Really :) That's pretty cool name. ^^

My first name I changed it to Alyria from a name referencing a JP girl band.

This is my 2nd name:

Well this name I actually was looking for a anime name with my was a bf at that time, as a couple. But every name was taken so I just googled random names and saw Alyria as some game title and here I am.

TY <3
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-12-04 09:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The name Parak always reminds me of this:

[+]
 Fenrir.Rinielenika
By Fenrir.Rinielenika 2009-12-04 10:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
The name Parak always reminds me of this:

LOL.

I wish I could have had the name "Rini" instead of "rinielenika".... but a FLIPPING RMT FISHBOT had that name (!?!?!?!?!?!) ... yeah I found them in Sandy. They got banned finally, but man did it make me a sad person.

I still kinda wanna change my name to "Rinii" just with an extra i... but oh well :/ Everyone knows my long-*** name by now on Fenrir... changing it would probably make people want to stab themselves.

Not to mention.... Im so use to spelling it @__@ lol.
 Remora.Raistlins
Server: Remora
user: djnavy
By Remora.Raistlins 2009-12-04 10:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Khellendros said:
Like a previous poster, my main character's name comes from the Dragonlance series of books. I'm named after the blue dragon Khellendros (his name to humans was Skie, which leads to my first SN Skiemage due to my tendency to like mages and magic in general).

As for the other characters, one belonged to my brother, and another to my father. My father used to play Ultima Online with a friend at work, and was usually on the wrong end of a mob of monsters and needed reviving... When he joined a guild with the same friend he was given the title of "Monster Magnet" so he named his Warrior Monstermagnet.

My brother's character came from a book I'd read recently (at the time) called "The White Dragon (In Fire Forged, Part 1)" by Laura Resnick. Najdan was the name of an assassin from the book, and since my brother originally wanted to play Ninja, I suggested the name to him.

Khellendros kicks ***!!!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-12-04 10:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically, if you wanted to, you could make a mule on a different server using the same name, then switch your main character to that server. You get a message saying the name is already taken and that you have to change it. Then you can change it to anything you want and switch back.

Sure, it costs 50 dollars but...well, you get a new name.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-12-04 10:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Deleting your char, then making a new one with the same name, and then reactivating the old one works in the same way to change name too.
 Diabolos.Beaster
Server: Diabolos
user: Beaster
By Diabolos.Beaster 2009-12-04 10:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My friends used to call me "beast," so when I started playing City of Heroes I made a mis-matched, worse-than-random-generated costume, and called myself "Wretched Beast." After switching MMOs a few times, since that name doesn't fit in some, I've gone with "beast" oriented names, most commonly Beaster. Sometimes Beastinson, Beasteroo, Beastacular...

I also found out after the fact, that on urbandictionary.com, Beaster is apparently a kind of marijuana, and some other things I don't like to talk about.

My favorite reference to Beaster comes from imdb. It's the name of a movie where Jesus comes back from the dead as a zombie and Pontius Pilate has to kill him.
 Garuda.Hiroichirou
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Hiroichirou 2009-12-04 10:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my name from the ingame generator, from then i've used different variations of the name, like on WoW i'm called Hiroichiro.
 Asura.Zarine
Server: Asura
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2009-12-04 11:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I named myself after one of the most annoying characters in the Wheel of Time book series -.-. Seriously, her character is awful, but I liked the name. I initially wanted to use Faile ,which is the main name she goes by, but it was taken.
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-12-04 11:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard the name Scizor somewhere and couldnt remember where....then it hit me Pokemon.....
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-12-04 11:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I do video game design, my name was a character on the oldest version of a script I'm writing, he doesn't exist anymore though :< I still use it cause it's never taken when I sign up. Don't even remember how I came up with it.
 Unicorn.Yuffy
Server: Unicorn
user: Yuffy
By Unicorn.Yuffy 2009-12-04 11:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ixn said:
My name is a little random on how i got it well the 'n' part not the IX part
IX is my favorite number and also my nickname back when i was 9 (still now)
just wanted my name like that but it had to be 3 or more letters long so i had to put an extra letter without losing its meaning to me

so i thought about the word maybe then added 1 then some reason thought out the number 6463 from that which spelled nine on my phone then i put in the letter n for nine but...
would've been s for six but someone already took ixs >.>

so i had put n infront of the IX which made Ixn

apparently it has alot more meanings from others than what i thought of.
You just ruined a 4years old mystery! <_<

I wanted a cute name for a mithra, I was making every race/sex possible back then (first "real" MMO, didnt really understand that in the end only 1 character would be seriously played). Didnt like normal Yuffie spelling so i went for Yuffy, original etc. Works well with JPs at least <3
 Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2009-12-04 11:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My name was supposed to be latin for Lake but "Lacus" was taken unfortunately, but I think I prefer this variation now :)

Edit: I am a Gundam fan as the avatar suggests (well gundam fans will recognise the char) but I didn't name it after the SEED char, I just like the name :P
By ararita 2009-12-04 11:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A notarikon
 Unicorn.Ixn
Server: Unicorn
user: unknown
By Unicorn.Ixn 2009-12-04 11:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Yuffy said:
Unicorn.Ixn said:
My name is a little random on how i got it well the 'n' part not the IX part IX is my favorite number and also my nickname back when i was 9 (still now) just wanted my name like that but it had to be 3 or more letters long so i had to put an extra letter without losing its meaning to me so i thought about the word maybe then added 1 then some reason thought out the number 6463 from that which spelled nine on my phone then i put in the letter n for nine but... would've been s for six but someone already took ixs >.> so i had put n infront of the IX which made Ixn apparently it has alot more meanings from others than what i thought of.
You just ruined a 4years old mystery! <_< I wanted a cute name for a mithra, I was making every race/sex possible back then (first "real" MMO, didnt really understand that in the end only 1 character would be seriously played). Didnt like normal Yuffie spelling so i went for Yuffy, original etc. Works well with JPs at least <3
Well sorry~!
Just thought it would be nice to turn on the lights for a change and shed some light on that for everyone to see :>
hehe spoiler been revealed!
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-12-04 11:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Started this game out as Buckafufalo..got GM jailed for it and had to pick a new name and Zorander is one of the main characters from the Sword of Truth book series. It took me a long long time to get used to the name, but now I really like it.

LONG LIVE BUCKAFUFALO!

^ Still my name for other games, but sooo many ppl have ripped it off, makes me angry!
 Asura.Chareos
user: chareos
By Asura.Chareos 2009-12-04 11:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zarine said:
I named myself after one of the most annoying characters in the Wheel of Time book series -.-. Seriously, her character is awful, but I liked the name. I initially wanted to use Faile ,which is the main name she goes by, but it was taken.

I didn't realise a 12th book had come out, will have to reread the entire series now, I haven't touched them in about 5 years =/
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-12-04 11:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I had a mule named Jockstrap for a little, no one noticed it. >.>;
 Asura.Zarine
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2009-12-04 12:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chareos said:
Asura.Zarine said:

I didn't realise a 12th book had come out, will have to reread the entire series now, I haven't touched them in about 5 years =/

I last read the series in full about 5 years ago also, but I opted not to reread everything. That would take waaaay too long. So far I haven't been too confused by all the details, but I have had to look up a few characters here and there to remember their back story.

Also, the new book is pretty good so far :) I have issues though. Egwene's storyline got really interesting (to me at least), and so I skipped through through the entire book reading only her chapters. :X
I couldn't help mahself D:
 Fenrir.Rocketpop
user: Rocketpop
By Fenrir.Rocketpop 2009-12-04 12:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha. My Tarutaru has hair similar to those popsicles that look like rockets.

Hense, Rocketpop.

Before I transferred from Remora, my name was Nibbles. My dirty-minded friends kept reading it as 'Nipples.' D:
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-12-04 12:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My name i used when i first started playing my first mmo, Everquest on ps2 lol.

Ara- tolkien prefix for royalty and honor ex-Aragorn Aramir etc)
Vol-is the term for evil, prince of darkness etc.
My CHaracter on everquest was a Dark Elf which suited him.
I just carried the same name on FFXI so my friends could locate me easier and recognize me on site.
 Ragnarok.Spicer
Server: Ragnarok
user: spicer
By Ragnarok.Spicer 2009-12-04 12:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well first of I did not get my name from Jack spicer from the cartoon show.
I got this name for 2 reason
1. I loved the cult classic "The dunes" and in the movie they harvest "spice" that they hold treasure.

2. This guy i liked had the last name spicer..

So I loved the name and took it.
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
user: Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2009-12-04 12:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My name comes from the Warhammer game. Thanquol is a Grey Seer within the Skaven (Rat mutants) army.

Siren.Bigby
user: Bigby
By Siren.Bigby 2009-12-04 12:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for me my RL name is Brian and in the group of friends I hung out with there was another Brian that was smaller and a little bit younger so he was called "Little B" and I was called "Big B". Of course I was Playing D and D during that time and stumbled on the "Bigby" line of spells in the Player's Handbook and it just kinda stuck from there.

In game it kinda throws people off when they see Bigby because they think they're going to see a galka walk up and then they see a big Tarutaru show up.

I do have a Galka Mule named "Lilby" though :P

Pandemonium.Aravol
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-12-04 13:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bigby said:
Well for me my RL name is Brian and in the group of friends I hung out with there was another Brian that was smaller and a little bit younger so he was called "Little B" and I was called "Big B". Of course I was Playing D and D during that time and stumbled on the "Bigby" line of spells in the Player's Handbook and it just kinda stuck from there. In game it kinda throws people off when they see Bigby because they think they're going to see a galka walk up and then they see a big Tarutaru show up. I do have a Galka Mule named "Lilby" though :P
lol that is witty i like it.
By ararita 2009-12-04 13:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

A famous former char there in bahamut (i'm certain they were banned) "Labiamajora" tho few ppl actually knew what that name implied
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8