Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-02-05 10:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Real creative, huh?

That's how I did it as well. I'm really bad with coming up with names, I used to have a cat named Cat, and a dog named Zanno (that one got a bit confusing though).
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-05 10:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My old "DJ nickname" when I was like 12 used to be Kazzyx(lol I know:P), and I had that as my first char name on XI.
When I swapped to Unicorn I had to change name so ended up using Kvazz, as people used to just call me Vazz >_>
Really wish I could change it now :P
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-02-05 10:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Took my name from another game (samurai warriors)... aboslutly nothing in common apperence wise but between that game and this its kinda become my for any game when i make a female character.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2011-02-05 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
3 guesses as to how I created mine!

I would say criminal minds XD

<3 Reid
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-05 10:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Real creative, huh?

Xxspencexx would've been cooler
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-02-05 10:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My character name is actually derived from the nickname my buddy out here calls me. Basically the first time he met me, I was (and still am) 6'6" with long hair and a somewhat long beard (down the length of my neck). He thought I looked like a Viking, and thus the name Magnus was born.

Of course, Magnus was already taken, so I tacked on another S.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Sidi
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Sidi 2011-02-05 10:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Matricide said:
Well mine means spouse killer. lol
It actually means killing your mother (from the latin mater)

I had a hard time picking a name- couldn't use my nickname- Nads (my name is natalie) and couldn't think of anything that original so I took an unoriginal word and used the latin for it.
Star= Sidus
When I was changing servers it was taken as were any derivatives of it but I still wanted people to call me sid. Took me about a week to come up with sidi- "to settle"
(hard to tell I majored in latin isn't it)

It's nice to not get star wars jokes anymore like I did with my original name.
 Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Deathsshadow 2011-02-05 10:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my name from the good ol halo days... wouldn't understand if I fully explained it but I jus noticed you'd prob think I was emo if you couldn't see my pic lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-02-05 10:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My name is a derivative (added one extra letter) of a minor character in a series of books that I particular enjoy reading. Actually, the extra letter tacked on was a mistake, and I didn't realize it at the time (O.Ops), but it still works ^^
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2011-02-05 10:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I had started playing with FFXI back in my younger days I was doing some research about vampires and Greek mythology and happened to come across the name Callicantzaros. Started out using it for rping and then ffxi came out and not a fairly common name used so kept using it and so I was born.
 Cerberus.Katsukora
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2011-02-05 10:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine was just a simple mashup of Katsu and Kora, the latter was my ex's cat name. I later found out that there was a chef that goes by the name of Kat Sukara, which some people have thought is where I got it from. The funny thing is, I actually do have my cooking leveled to 61, which I did before I found out about the chef, so strange coincidence much? :P
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2011-02-05 11:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine means doll, and I had this name in my French class freshmen year
 Cerberus.Liandaru
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-02-05 11:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to RP in a chatroom waaaaaaay back when. I had a minor character I created named Liandrian who was a demon. My first FFXI character was a Mithra and I couldn't think of a name, so I slapped that one on it. I got tired of the Mithra and made a Taru, and wanted to add the -aru suffix to the name for some reason, so Liandaru was born. Most people just call me Lian.
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2011-02-05 11:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Liandaru said:
I used to RP in a chatroom waaaaaaay back when. I had a minor character I created named Liandrian who was a demon. My first FFXI character was a Mithra and I couldn't think of a name, so I slapped that one on it. I got tired of the Mithra and made a Taru, and wanted to add the -aru suffix to the name for some reason, so Liandaru was born. Most people just call me Lian.

good time back then in the rp world
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-05 11:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just make up all my names. had the name eldin for a while, then Zelda TP comes out, and everyone asks if i got my name from it >: ***
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-05 11:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, in 2009 I went to a huge rave/music festival. It was 10,000 people strong for 5 days. For me to find my friends and such, I made up a camp name and a flag. I wanted it to have some rhythem. I liked Camp Tramp, but thought it was kind of bland. Out of nowhere, I thought of Whackatramp. I loved it, but I took out the H because I thought it looked dumb. It's been Wackatramp ever since. And I use it for everything. I still rock Camp Wackatramp every year at the same festival.
 Cerberus.Tugboat
user: Canoe
By Cerberus.Tugboat 2011-02-05 11:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I named mine after a type of boat
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-02-05 12:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Wyuli said:
I misread a Magic: The Gathering card way back when I opened my first pack of cards, and Wyluli Wolves was staring at me. Been using Wyuli ever since then.

And no, if you tap me I don't give a creature +1/+1.

Same-ish. Cleric deck back in the day, so I got my nickname >.>...
 Shiva.Ninaa
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2011-02-05 12:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I always name characters after other characters from other games, books, etc. But in a lot of older games there was a limit to the number of letters that you could use for a name, (one of the worst was the Dragon Warrior 3 port for GBC, it had a limit of 4 letters) so I was stuck trying to come up with short names for all my characters. Then I played Breath of Fire 2, and I really liked the Character Nina, and her name was really short, so I started using it regularly when I needed a female name. Nina was taken, Ninaa was not.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-05 12:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm liking all these MTG fans. It's been a long time
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-02-05 12:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine means heavenly/divine..I used to use it on any character that would be a dark magic class dealing with demons or such in games. My first job in 11 was SMN, which I read was known as the heretic mage..sooo...
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-05 12:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wild Arms. ZeikTuvai, the final boss. I have a taru named Tuvai, and Tuvae is just a variation of it. I also have Boomerangflash, one of the coolest enemies in any game. Also Vilentae, the last name of one of the prophets from wild arms 3 and I have WoWsucks, self explainitory...
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-02-05 13:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My sister was the first to play this game, her name was Krystalchan. I was only like 13 when I started and thought "Oh man, it'll be awesome if I name myself Crystalchan"! and then I found out that everyone thought we were RMT, and then she eventually quit, lol.
By Kyka 2011-02-05 13:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a Leo, so I looked for a name in different languages that meant lion - - couldn't find anything that appealed to me. I had a Hawaiian coworker that I started talking to her about it, got me interested in the Hawaiian language - - didn't like the HI word for Lion, but the slang word for cat was Kika....that really appealed to me. When I started I had to tack a La on the front of it since Kika was taken, but it drove me NUTS when folks shortened my name to Laki....so when servers merged I changed my name to Kyka and have liked that name way more than any other gaming name I have had.

Now my exhusband, the story behind his name is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. He was signing his name at work - signed it WRONG (OMG how do you miss spell your name when you are 25 years old) - the other guys at work caught the misspelling and they started calling him that. He thought it was so cool that he named his FFXI charc by the name. Since he is now my ex-husband, yes I think everything about him is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE NOW - - - but I thought that was pretty fricking HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE at the time, LMFAO

My new husband's FFXI name was a randomly generated - but ended up really suiting him -= - and YES, I traded UP on the husband end. This guy is in no way HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2011-02-05 13:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"Jessie" was always just a favourite girl's name of mine. When I created this character on Caitsith all those years ago I just got really lucky to get this name. Seriously, at the time I created Jessie it was during FFXI's better years, and apparently everyone else really likes this name too.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8