Character Name
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-12-04 02:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I used a name generator for my characters.
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/gens/namer.html
 Carbuncle.Qeldroma
Server: Carbuncle
user: Qeldroma
By Carbuncle.Qeldroma 2009-12-04 02:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I found a badass pair of Jedi robes in a cave on Korriban in Knights of the Old Republic that I couldn't wear because I was dark side. I read up on the history of the Qel Droma robes and Ulic Qel Droma and Crew, liked the name and character and have been using it ever since in things like Morrowind and other RPG's.

I originally tried to name my character Griffith (of Berserk fame) since I have a white haired Elvaan, but no dice. I really enjoy being Q in game, but I think I'm going with another anime/mythology reference in 14. The fact that I heard there will be surnames in 14, however, frightens me greatly. I still have an idea though if I'm forced to have a surname if I can execute it the way I would like.
 Bahamut.Beckydacatlady
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Beckydacatlady 2009-12-04 02:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... my first post ever may aswell be one that clears up a misunderstanding about my name throughout my whole server!

My name is Becky and yeah i do like cats, but come on look closer... my character is a mithra... a cat lady!

And no, i don't have any cats.
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-04 02:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i think mine's pretty self-explanitory
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-12-04 02:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My name was really spur of the moment and random. A friend and I were logging on to a website we hadn't been on in a long time and my account got deleted, so we made random new characters just to check up on something. The first name to pop in my mind was "Maria", so I went with it.. well I logged out and then later went to log back in later that day, and accidentally typed it "Maira". That was my original name on Fenrir, then when I moved to Midgard, It was taken so I added an h to the end, and I like it better spelled that way. :3 The name just stuck with me I dunno I just rolled with it.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2009-12-04 03:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Beckydacatlady said:
Hmm... my first post ever may aswell be one that clears up a misunderstanding about my name throughout my whole server! My name is Becky and yeah i do like cats, but come on look closer... my character is a mithra... a cat lady! And no, i don't have any cats.

lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
Server: Pandemonium
user: Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-12-04 03:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Abrianna actually came from an online baby book.. I'm not creative so I just randomly start at A and go. I actually like A names though.. And then my second main character, Mckennah comes from a dream. =3 And will be the future middle name of my first baby girl.

AKA: WAY not original. =3
 Ragnarok.Deemos
Server: Ragnarok
user: Deemos
By Ragnarok.Deemos 2009-12-04 04:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is a variant of Demos, greek term that means people, unity, and stuff like that. Had that nick since i got my first "10" on greek at school.
 Odin.Eirwen
Server: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-12-04 04:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in 2005, I wanted to trick a friend of mine, with who I played KAL Online, into believing I was someone else.

I wanted to be a mage type, specialized in ice magic, an element neither my friend or another friend had specialized in. Since the mages in that MMO were female, I had to come up with a female name. Weeks earlier, I was given the link to Behind the Name by that very friend I wanted to trick.

I went looking for female names with some kind of meaning of "ice" in them. Eventually found Eirwen, meaning "white snow" from the Welsh elements eira "snow" and gwen "white, blessed".

Working on a story of mine, I had to come up with a surname for Eirwen. When I was helped in FFXI by two random strangers to get rank 5, I used the guy's name as surname for another character of mine, and took MacKenzie for Eirwen (her actual character name is MacKenzy).

My San d'Orian mule, Licorys, was based on Lycoris from the novel .hack//AI Buster. But the name was taken, so I swapped the Y and I.

My Bastokan mule, Cerro, was taken from the Arrancar attack Cero (Bleach) XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Magicjunkie
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicjunkie 2009-12-04 05:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Beckydacatlady said:
Hmm... my first post ever may aswell be one that clears up a misunderstanding about my name throughout my whole server! My name is Becky and yeah i do like cats, but come on look closer... my character is a mithra... a cat lady! And no, i don't have any cats.

thats ok i always get asked if i play magic the gathering.. or w/e its called i think thats it
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-04 05:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tousou- My friends owned an anime/game shop and had an Inuyasha card game poster hanging on their Sobe machine. The expansion was called "Tou-Sou" I believe. Shortly afterward, I was trying to think of a name for a female character and decided to use it. "Tousou Ariana" was born.

Courageous Tuna- Random Galka name because I felt like it.

Radicaldreamer- If you don't know, I ain't sayin'
 Siren.Khellendros
Server: Siren
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-12-04 05:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Like a previous poster, my main character's name comes from the Dragonlance series of books. I'm named after the blue dragon Khellendros (his name to humans was Skie, which leads to my first SN Skiemage due to my tendency to like mages and magic in general).

As for the other characters, one belonged to my brother, and another to my father. My father used to play Ultima Online with a friend at work, and was usually on the wrong end of a mob of monsters and needed reviving... When he joined a guild with the same friend he was given the title of "Monster Magnet" so he named his Warrior Monstermagnet.

My brother's character came from a book I'd read recently (at the time) called "The White Dragon (In Fire Forged, Part 1)" by Laura Resnick. Najdan was the name of an assassin from the book, and since my brother originally wanted to play Ninja, I suggested the name to him.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-12-04 06:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, we we're supposed to make up names?!?!? wtf, this is my REAL name....

j/k its actually from an underground rapper out of the bay area. Andre Nickatina and Equipto is his "sidekick" I guess you could say. Well, with one of Nickatina's CDs, they had a DVD with a cheesy *** movie where Equipto's name was "Quipto". My mules name is Equipto btw, lol.
 Siren.Starbuck
Server: Siren
user: Starbuck
By Siren.Starbuck 2009-12-04 06:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

At the time I made my character i was re-watching the original Battlestar Galactica, then heard about the remake and Starbuck being a girl, and just thought it would be cool. So many people over the years have asked me for coffee, which didn't even occur to me when i made her lol.

Oh and my mules Equilibrium, cos I was watching that movie at the time XD
 Sylph.Megumii
Server: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-12-04 06:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My real name is Meg and I've always liked the Japanese name "Megumi" which means blessing so I opted for that but it was taken so I added an extra "i" and bingo! My character name! In hindsight I wish I could have come up with something more original.
 Ramuh.Suni
Server: Ramuh
user: sunikomo
By Ramuh.Suni 2009-12-04 06:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Originally i was called Sunikomo, which is a name i made up for a small manga story i was writting (Which ofc i've given up on lol). I quit, came back made a new character and shortened it down to Suni :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Digestive
user: Digestive
By Bahamut.Digestive 2009-12-04 06:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My original character was Supernatural... of course everyone thought I named my character after the TV Show Supernatural... and they were half right. :) Digestive on the other hand... well, let's face it, everyone loves Digestive biscuits!! More Chocolate Digestives mind... but meh. :D
[+]
 Asura.Crewe
Server: Asura
user: Crewe
By Asura.Crewe 2009-12-04 07:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nickname
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-12-04 07:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I was messaging my cousin on MSN many, many years ago. Out of nowhere he says "From now on you are Krizz". I've used it since.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-04 07:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

BeelshamĂȘn, or Baal-Shamin (Syrian Semitic), was a supreme deity and the sky god of pre-Islamic Palmyra in ancient Syria. His attributes are the eagle and the lightning bolt. "Beel" is also equivalent to the semitic Baal and Bel, meaning "Lord", and was an ancient name for Enlil and Marduk.

BeelshamĂȘn formed a triad with the lunar god Aglibol and the sun god Malakbel (or Yarhibol).
 Ramuh.Valafar
user: Valafar
By Ramuh.Valafar 2009-12-04 07:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'll have to jump on the fail train and beat you all D:

See, FFXI was my first experience with Squeenix. That is, I didn't have a clue Valefor was a server/avatar/summon/whatever you wanna call it, until after I'd made the character. All I knew was that it was the name of some random duke of hell in mythology. Sounds so lame, now that I think back...

Actually, Vala was originally a mule. My first character was named Shard, some random on-a-whim name I'd used years back for other online stuff. Deleted that guy after day#1 and tried to remake him as a different job/face model the next day... only to find the name taken. Character#2 was just an auto-gen'd name. Missed playing a hume after awhile and starting hanging around on this "mule", and it soon became a main.
Despite the lameness, as with other people I've kinda grown to like it. I'm not sure I'd rename the character if I had the chance to, simply because this is what people know me as. Although, a more original name would always be my preference for the future.

... Perhaps in FFXIV, If I go to it.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-04 08:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy

r/l = Zanno
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Oddish
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Jarbino
By Midgardsormr.Oddish 2009-12-04 08:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted something that went well with my Tarutaru character. I tried plush but it was taken :(

Then tried Oddish 'cause that's what Tarutaru's looks like; a bunch of oddish's running around :p
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-12-04 08:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramanue was my first character as many might know. Dramanue's core is "Drama" which was one of my online names for the longest time. Many, many, many moons ago, I had a website named "LittleDramaBoy.com" which came from a play of words from the term "Little Drummer Boy". This was back in '02 or '04, long before FFXI was even out. I decided to drop the Little and Boy and replace it with a more "fancy" or "magical" name and ended up with "-nue" as the tail end of the name.

And if anyone asks, not even I have a direct idea as to how to pronounce it. For the longest time, I've always thought Drama-knew was the best pronunciation for the name, although I've though of Drama-nweh as a secondary pronunciation. Either way, most people just refer to me as Dram or Drama.

Here's the shop I had once opened up for the website... http://www.cafepress.com/littledramaboy
^_^b
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-04 08:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I came up with Tbest when I was in like 4th grade and first using the internet. I was a cocky little kid and always the best in whatever I did... so... yeah... And T also fits with the first letter of my first name. After that, it became the name I used on everything. Occasionally I had to add numbers to it, but it's always been "Tbest". :P
 Unicorn.Ixn
Server: Unicorn
user: unknown
By Unicorn.Ixn 2009-12-04 09:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My name is a little random on how i got it well the 'n' part not the IX part
IX is my favorite number and also my nickname back when i was 9 (still now)
just wanted my name like that but it had to be 3 or more letters long so i had to put an extra letter without losing its meaning to me

so i thought about the word maybe then added 1 then some reason thought out the number 6463 from that which spelled nine on my phone then i put in the letter n for nine but...
would've been s for six but someone already took ixs >.>

so i had put n infront of the IX which made Ixn

apparently it has alot more meanings from others than what i thought of.
 Remora.Beltenebros
Server: Remora
By Remora.Beltenebros 2009-12-04 09:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoinked mine from Amadis de Gaula (Amadis of Gaul), a medieval knight-errantry tale. Beltenebros was the name taken by Amadis when he throws himself into exile for losing the favor of his paramour Oriana. He... doesn't do much in this time past being insane and flagilating himself, but it's a bad-*** name- if gothy- name when the literal Latin translation is applied: beautiful (or warlike) darkness, essentially.

It doesn't really matter, on the whole. In parties or LS chat I'm either Belt (or {belt}) to friends or belten to people who I don't know all that well *shrug*
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By dameshi 2009-12-04 09:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is the name of my first character on WoW. I got it using the ingame name generator. Well, I added the i at the end >.>
 Cerberus.Najla
Server: Cerberus
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2009-12-04 09:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

"Najla" was found looking through pretty/uncommon names in a baby name book.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8