Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Character Name
Character Name
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-12-03 22:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Waters of Lethe from a mythology course I took. It's been a RPG name for many games I played.
 Asura.Cambriia
Server: Asura
By Asura.Cambriia 2009-12-03 23:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Coheed and Cambria. Cambria with one 'i' was taken on my server so I just added another in.

I'M SO ORIGINAL! :D
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-03 23:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL at some of these..I like the Sailor Moon one, I can totally relate. My very first internet screenname was sailormoon related also. I think I was 10 or something and on AOL :3

I like how everybody was all little when coming up with our in-hindsight probably HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE screennames >.< why'd our parents let us on the net again?
 Fenrir.Magicjunkie
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicjunkie 2009-12-03 23:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i like my name ;-; (feels alil retarted)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-03 23:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine was spur of the moment weeaboo randomness that to my knowledge means nothing, BUT have been told when read in Vietnamese it comes oddly close to something like "pee on you."

The more you know star isn't coming, is he?
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-03 23:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime I see your name Cai I think

and that theme song is the kind that gets stuck in your head the instant you're reminded of it.

ya, so thanks alot.

doesnt help that the kids the biggest brat on tv. 8(
 Fenrir.Rinielenika
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Rinielenika 2009-12-03 23:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

:X Not gonna lie, I still kinda like my name as well.. I think I just grew too attached to it. Oh welllllllllll forever fail I shall be 8D

Yay for being on the internet at young ages!!
That just sounds odd...
 Kujata.Hrolandus
user: Hrolandus
By Kujata.Hrolandus 2009-12-03 23:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My name is a conglomeration of the various European spellings of Roland, the famed medieval knight, from the Carolingian cycle (think the King Arthur stories, but cooler and less well known). My other dual box character was named Maugris, a mage/knight from the same cycle.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-03 23:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ya not trying to say we shouldn't like our screennames even if they come from questionable origins. We grow quite attached to them. Daus is actually the name I like better than my most recognized ones 8x
 Kujata.Hrolandus
user: Hrolandus
By Kujata.Hrolandus 2009-12-03 23:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought you had a pretty cool name when I saw you trotting around Kujata Daus, the back story makes it even cooler, cheers!
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-03 23:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It is indeed my job to spread cool names around kujata. TYvm

I've seen Hrolandus run around before, I have no idea if I pronounce it correctly but it is indeed fun to say.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-12-03 23:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magicjunkie said:
umm my name came from i was making a taru Black mage so~ he was going to be a Magic Junkie~

i have a mule/2nd char named Djdiddles which comes from a dane cook joke
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
I've always been interested as to how people get their ingame names. Mine is a combination of my bf's and my name. So, where did you get your name from?

is ur Bf's name Aaron? :o
Yes it is XD
My name is a bit harder to pick out.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-03 23:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed it was Aaron and Erica 8( but idk
 Asura.Chareos
user: chareos
By Asura.Chareos 2009-12-04 00:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Was stuck thinking for a name, so I flicked open the first book on top of my pile- David Gemmell, Quest for Lost Heroes, and Chareos was staring back at me. I get a little confused when I read that book now.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-12-04 00:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite flower is the lily / tigerlily. I tried to be Lily, but it was taken at the time. I like the variations Lila and Delilah (ofc Delilah has a very negative connotation because of her role in the Bible story concerning Samson, which sucks because that is such a beautiful name) so I tried every variation of Lila and Lily I could come up with til I hit on Liela. Now I would never change it, Liela is just who my char is and she wouldn't be the same otherwise.

My mule, Amarantha, is named after a Nightwish song called Amaranth. The song was on the first cd that Nightwish released after replacing Tarja with Annette, Dark Passion Play. I would have tried to do a Tarja song name, too, since I like both the artists. But all her songs have titles like "Die Alive" and "I Walk Alone" so I couldn't really do a char with those titles. Amaranth is the name of a flower, or more specifically, a very pretty herb.

Edit: oh, and my xboxlive name thingyjig is Stephiroth005. My husband's xbox thing was Sephiroth, and my rl name is Stephanie, so I mushed the two together and got Stephiroth. The 005 part is just because 5 is my favorite number, the 00 in front of it is mimicking James Bond, 007.
 Seraph.Jacaut
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2009-12-04 00:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When i started i was obsessed with Nny from Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. . . but it was taken, so i hit the "Random generated name" about 50 times as fast as i could, it stoped on "Jacaut" and ive stuck with it in every naming game ive played, and it never fails the first thing out of peoples mouths on xboxlive is "Jacket? or htf do you pronounce that?!" lol

p.s. Idk if i did that link right if i did READ IT whacky kids . . .
 Sylph.Jetu
Server: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-04 00:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

my name was chosen from the in game random name generator, i just kept hitting it till i got one that didnt have "rrr" in the name, cause it looked HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
 Shiva.Isadora
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Isadora 2009-12-04 00:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

it was a random thought "i say cat" = isacat (mithra!) but since i'm not a belle, i randomly picked "dora" to get "isadora" lol
 Ramuh.Lucried
Server: Ramuh
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2009-12-04 01:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

my first charactor iroen was an original name.

lucried is the gaurdian of desire in the wildarms serries. actually luc was only ment to be a drain quest mule and deleted afterwords but ended up sticking with it cause i hated how low lvl elvaan males had super long arms it bothered me alot haha. so i stuck with elvaan F <3

my alt ixazalom was an npc in a game i ran that was cursed to know the future but be unable to change it.
 Fairy.Seriin
Server: Fairy
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2009-12-04 01:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I first got Seriin while naming the kid in one of the Harvest Moon games, starting with S and then adding letters until it was a name I liked. It is pronounced the same as Saren, from Mass Effect (SEH-rin), which was funny for me when I first played the game because the Harvest Moon thing had a good 5 years on M.E. When I first played Mass Effect I was with a friend of mine who I played FFXI with as well, so all through the beginning when Saren was up to bad things my friend would say things to me like "why are ya' being such a ***?" or "holy crap! you just shot Nihlus in the head!"

Since then I've used it for many things, like forums and my XBL gamertag.
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2009-12-04 01:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I like these character name origin stories so far! Good thread topic ^^

When I moved to Unicorn from my previous server, someone had my name (and I think it's a mule, which makes it worse).

I was very disappointed, since my original name holds a LOT of meaning for me and is one that I use for many other things.

So after I tried a few others that I'd have liked, but which were also taken, I asked my man to run some ideas by me since it was unacceptable to me to alter the original name in any way in order to use it.

I do have one name that I've used for some things for quite a few years and which absolutely no one else has, but it's for that reason that I didn't want it for this.

Anyway, he thought of Dulcinea and I immediately agreed that it was fitting, and gave him a big kiss because he has said that in many ways I am his Dulcinea. I know what he means by that and how it relates to our history, and it's wonderful.

And yes, he IS also my knight and champion. ^^ *swoon*

Dulcinea is also an album by Toad the Wet Sprocket, on which the song called Windmills (another reference to the Don Quixote story) has meaning for us too.

Hmmm, my post is rambling, but whatever. I've been hitting the Kriek Lambic, so… ^^ *cheers, all*

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Miseko
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2009-12-04 01:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Miseko- came from pressing the random button, I saw 'Mise' and added ko to make it sound better. In hind sight I wish I stuck with Mise, its a bit easier to say,or atleast it wouldn't be as butchered.

Excelse- my taaallll Elvaan male, his name is Latin for tall. Creative? yes I know..
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-04 01:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine's not too original. Mine is just the Greek version of my actual name, so booya to Stefanos being born.

Snoochyboochies, my cooking mule though, well that should be easy enough to figure out. Anyone who's seen any Jay and Silent Bob movies knows Snootchie Bootchies was one of Jay's phrases. I had to alter the spelling to get it to fit.
 Unicorn.Halciform
Server: Unicorn
user: halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2009-12-04 01:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all of the suuuuper popular anime/videogame/manga character names are funny so I tried to think of the most obscure character from a series I liked and picked Halciform from Slayers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Dracon
Server: Siren
user: Dracon
By Siren.Dracon 2009-12-04 01:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Originally i wanted the name Fire. But some Jp player already took that.

So i went with Dragon cause i collect dragons. That was taken. so i just change the g to a c and got Dracon. Few years later i found out that Dracon means Dragon. so im happy with it.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-12-04 02:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I go through the dictionary and find words that make me sound way more skilled than I actually am.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2009-12-04 02:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

mine comes from FF7 its the 2 headed dragon in temple of ancients
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-04 02:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said:
Everytime I see your name Cai I think

and that theme song is the kind that gets stuck in your head the instant you're reminded of it.

ya, so thanks alot.

doesnt help that the kids the biggest brat on tv. 8(
I've gotten this many times. D8 I'm actually not a little bald, autistic, french boy (or whatever the *** Caillou is), I swear. Though it is funny because that's how everyone pronounces it anyway. :B

Asura.Miseko said:
Miseko- came from pressing the random button, I saw 'Mise' and added ko to make it sound better. In hind sight I wish I stuck with Mise, its a bit easier to say,or atleast it wouldn't be as butchered.

Excelse- my taaallll Elvaan male, his name is Latin for tall. Creative? yes I know..
The elf thing kind of made me sad. Is there not a latin word for HANDSOME?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8