Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 129 130 131
By sudsi 2020-05-17 03:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
move past this

I don't think opening up is the same as moving past. I think there are political and economic realities that are making it necessary.

Time will tell what the fallout will ultimately be.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-17 03:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
If states had done nothing what do you think things would look like right now? I think we'd already be passing a million deaths.

I have a rock that keeps tigers away.

There is zero evidence of this at all, Sweden and other nations didn't lockdown and they have lower death rates than us.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 03:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
If states had done nothing what do you think things would look like right now? I think we'd already be passing a million deaths.

I have a rock that keeps tigers away.

There is zero evidence of this at all, Sweden and other nations didn't lockdown and they have lower death rates than us.

Is the rock your friend? Does he have a name?
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 03:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
sudsi said: »
I see, I see. When she ignored you, how did that make you feel?

You need good *** in your life girl, you're too high strung, lose a few pounds lol

Was your mom fat?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-17 03:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You know this plexiglass they installed at stores btw, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

People just...stand to the right of the plexiglass and talk as normal to the cashier lol
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 03:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You need good *** in your life girl, you're too high strung, lose a few pounds lol

Was your mom fat?

So you are a single chick thats overweight, thats jus sad

This hatred... towards women. Did your mother scold you often?
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 03:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was your mom fat?

So you are a single chick thats overweight, thats jus sad

This hatred... towards women. Did your mother scold you often?

Just pointing out you are a woman, look how quick you turned it into shaming language and victimhood. I hit the nail on the head it seems. Have you tried getting into the gym for your health at least?

How old were you the last time you saw her naked?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 03:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you win the internet, lets take a picture of you for the audience

This is what you guys are generally debating on the internet every single day, these things aren't intellectuals by any stretch of the imagination. A healthy mind needs a healthy body. Would you take advice from fat doctors? Would you take workout advice from skinny body builders? Don't take intellectual advice from fat women. Know the difference, it could save your life
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 03:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you win the internet, lets take a picture of you for the audience

Is that her?
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-17 03:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Valefor.Commodus said: »
89,000 reported deaths out of an official population of 330,000,000. That's a death rate of 0.027%.

As Zero and I have pointed out, this is completely wrong. 330m people have not been infected, full stop. You cannot prove this in any way or even come close to it. All you got it "someone went to get groceries." Yeah right. 330m have not been infected, so your death rate is stupidly wrong.

You can't prove that everyone hasn't been exposed, either, and I didn't state that everyone definitely has been. I stated that, "most people have probably been exposed in some way by now." Common sense should tell you that, with at least one member of each household retrieving or receiving groceries regularly, and many people not adhering to strict quarantine protocols, most people in the country should have been exposed at some point over the past number of months. Not many people are living in bomb shelters, eating rations. There will never be anything close to an accurate "infection rate," because of just how many people have little to no symptoms and will never be tested for antibodies, and this theoretical "infection rate" ignores those who are immune, so "infection rate" is a pointless metric. What matters is how the overall population is affected. Total deaths vs total population. It's likely that less than 0.01125% of the US population has been killed by covid.

Since hospitals are lying about deaths in order to secure additional funding, and counting deaths of people who were going to die anyway for other reasons, the number of deaths is way less than 89,000. The actual population of the US, including illegals, is probably closer to 400,000,000. The actual death rate is likely less than 0.01125%.

Three completely *** claims here. You are alleging hospitals are committing mass fraud, a federal crime, with zero evidence. Where is your source? Nowhere. You are also alleging the number of deaths is way less than 89k, with no evidence. Where is your source? We have testimony that the number of infections is being underreported due to pathetic testing numbers thus making the death toll lower than it really is. Where is your testimony?

1) Here are the CDC's guidelines for coding cause of death. Here are some key points from the guidelines, since you won't read or understand the document:
  • What happens if the terms reported on the death certificate indicate uncertainty?
    If the death certificate reports terms such as “probable COVID-19” or “likely COVID-19,” these terms would be
    assigned the new ICD code [(i.e. reported to be a covid death)]. It Is not likely that NCHS will follow up on these cases.

• Should “COVID-19” be reported on the death certificate only with a confirmed test?
    COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is
    assumed to have caused
    or contributed to death.

2) What methods are used to estimate the number of influenza-associated deaths in the U.S.? "We first look at how many in-hospital deaths were observed in FluSurv-NET. The in-hospital deaths are adjusted for under-detection of influenza using methods similar to those described above for hospitalizations using data on the frequency and sensitivity of influenza testing. Second, because not all deaths related to influenza occur in the hospital, we use death certificate data to estimate how likely deaths are to occur outside the hospital. We look at death certificates that have pneumonia or influenza causes (P&I), other respiratory and circulatory causes (R&C), or other non-respiratory, non-circulatory causes of death, because deaths related to influenza may not have influenza listed as a cause of death. We use information on the causes of death from FluSurv-NET to determine the mixture of P&I, R&C, and other coded deaths to include in our investigation of death certificate data."

In other words, when the CDC estimates flu-related deaths, they add a bunch based on a guess of how many diagnoses may have been missed, then they add a bunch based on a guess of how many deaths reported as a bunch of other things may have been related to flu. They're doing the same thing with covid, and their own published guidelines support this.

3) "At Tuesday's White House coronavirus press conference, task force member Dr. Deborah Birx said that while some countries are reporting coronavirus fatality numbers differently, in the U.S. you are counted as a victim of the pandemic if you die while testing positive for the virus, even if something else causes your death." Source (I even found one from a leftist site so you won't dismiss it based entirely on who published it)

4) From HHS.gov: "HHS is distributing $12 billion to 395 hospitals who provided inpatient care for 100 or more COVID-19 patients through April 10, 2020...hospitals are paid a fixed amount per COVID-19 inpatient admission, with an additional amount taking into account their Medicare and Medicaid disproportionate share and uncompensated care payments...$12 billion to facilities admitting large numbers of COVID-19 patients and $10 billion to providers in rural areas..."

Conclusion: The CDC guidelines for reporting, combined with financial incentive for hospitals to report as many "covid-related deaths" as possible, causes the 89,000 deaths number to be grossly overinflated. You can always follow the money. But I'm positive that, even though hospitals are private for-profit companies, and you're pro-government controlled healthcare (and everything else) because "corporations are evil," you'll mental gymnastics your way into defending hospitals (again, private gigantic corporations) and claim that there's NO WAY they would EVER lie for money... even though they technically don't have to if they just follow the CDC guidelines, since the CDC has stated that they won't bother to verify any claims. Unless latenight.funnyman tells you that the evil corporations are committing fraud, you won't know what to think, and right now scaring people with overinflated number is more important to the left than their usual routine of calling out the evil scary corporations because it's an election year.

And lastly, there are not 70m illegal immigrants in the USA, or even close to it. Try 14m. So the population is nowhere near 400m. Your assumed death rate is not using any facts whatsoever. I liked the bolded touch tho, as if its important.

You must not have really meant "lastly," since you continued after this. The "official" number of illegal aliens is based on census reporting... it's shocking that even 1 illegal alien responds to the census. Here's a study from Yale & MIT that estimates the more likely number. The study concludes that the conservative estimate is over 22 million, but could be as high as 35 million. So I'll accept that the total population probably isn't quite 400 million. If you add in foreign citizens living here for an extended period of time, homeless, and all the foreign workers who have overstayed their visas, most of whom probably don't respond to the census, then the number increases by millions, but we can ignore them, use 350 million and move on. Just don't be so naive as to believe the bogus census number of illegals.

Almost all of those deaths are the really old and/or really sickly. You've been duped, AGAIN, by the same propaganda networks that dupe you into getting worked up endlessly about whatever they think they can use to push their agenda and sell the most views and clicks. The photos of the press not wearing masks proves that they know it's not very serious and are lying to you. You have the photo evidence, use a little common sense.

Again, the "photos" have already been exposed as phony, like everything else kireek posts. No one is being duped. We know that covid is killing every age group, and is now being linked to an inflammatory disease among children, which thank God schools are closed.

You've been provided with photo and video proof. You personally stating that the photos and live video are "phony" shows how far gone you are. This is why I asked what authority figure would have to tell you that it's all OK in order for you to stop shitting your diaper in protest.

The fact is that covid-19, itself, is killing very few, if any, people. The only primary symptom that could lead to death is fever. The people who are dying are dying from secondary pneumonia. With access to a ventilator, it should be very difficult for an otherwise-healthy person to die from pneumonia. IF arislan is telling the truth, then I'd ask what the official cause of death was, if his in-law had underlying conditions, and how old he was.

89,000 Americans have died from covid-19, of 1.5m infections. A number that could have been lower with better leadership. Your 330m number is fake, your 400m number is even worse. The entire country has not infected or exposed to covid-19. You cannot possibly prove this.

Obligatory "orange man bad" insert out of nowhere. Already covered the rest.

Your bolded "If" is pathetic, questioning if Arislan is telling the truth. Not even kireek or Draylo are accusing people
of lying about their loved ones dying of covid-19. You and Soraishin are the bottom. You can't back up any of your wild conspiracy theories with any sources, yet you both challenge other people to "prove you wrong." No one is playing that *** game. You didn't post a single source to back up any of your crap, because there aren't any.

Predictable emotional response. Automatically and unquestioningly believe anything posted on the internet, by people you don't know, as long as it supports your masters' agenda and makes you feel sad-sad feelings.

There's a pattern in your way of thinking. You want the government to control everything, you want the left side of the government to make all the rules, and you automatically and unquestioningly believe anything the left side of the government tells you. This is a dangerously stupid way of thinking. Independent thinkers are skeptical and question most things. By automatically buying into whatever your political party or the government tells you, you're allowing yourself to be an emotional pawn and slave to their game. People far away in suits, who you've never met, own you.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 04:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to burst your bubble, but hospitals are losing a ton of money due to COVID... not making money.

In most cases elective procedures are being put on hold, but staffing is remaining constant. As a result, there is tons of pay going out for nurses, but it isn't being covered by procedures.

Total expenses for hospitals in the US are approximately 1.1 trillion USD per year... 12 billion is approximately

So we are talking 1.1% of *costs* but still having to pay (200-ish billion).

Your numbers don't add up.

So I'll pose this question again:

How many people need to die before it is a significant number in your eyes?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-17 04:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In most cases elective procedures are being put on hold, but staffing is remaining constant.

This is saving up so much death in the coming years. People not going for preventative hospital visits, not going to tests etc.

This is where the real death toll will come in.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 04:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate to burst your bubble, but hospitals are losing a ton of money due to COVID... not making money.

In most cases elective procedures are being put on hold, but staffing is remaining constant. As a result, there is tons of pay going out for nurses, but it isn't being covered by procedures.

Total expenses for hospitals in the US are approximately 1.1 trillion USD per year... 12 billion is approximately

So we are talking 1.1% of *costs* despite losing 2 months of income (200-ish billion).

What doesn't add up Karen is how you and your fellow cultists keep trying to convince us to take the word of these people here.

They don't seem to be social distancing nor experiencing a pandemic and they do appear to be a waste of pay, but the hospitals still get paid far more to say they are treating a possible covid 19 patient, that big sweet payout overwrites any of your what if's and misinformation. They're not losing money Karen, they're making money hand over fist while laughing at the useful idiots making it easier for them
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-17 04:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This has absolutely nothing to do with the information I provided. Hospitals losing money is irrelevant to the discussion. What is your English reading comprehension level?
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 04:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

In most cases elective procedures are being put on hold, but staffing is remaining constant.

This is saving up so much death in the coming years. People not going for preventative hospital visits, not going to tests etc.

The people most at risk of dying in those cases are the ones that are most likely to die due to COVID-19.

Additionally, if stay at home were to be lifted prematurely it is going to result in the "NOT flattening" the curve scenarios that result in doctors and nurses being infected in large numbers and having nobody to take care of the sick.
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 04:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This has absolutely nothing to do with the information I provided. Hospitals losing money is irrelevant to the discussion. What is your English reading comprehension level?

combined with financial incentive for hospitals to report as many "covid-related deaths"

There is more financial incentive for hospitals to under report and thus underplay the pandemic so that everything goes back to normal and they can provide elective procedures.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 04:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The people most at risk of dying in those cases are the ones that are most likely to die due to COVID-19.

Additionally, if stay at home were to be lifted prematurely it is going to result in the "NOT flattening" the curve scenarios that result in doctors and nurses being infected in large numbers and having nobody to take care of the sick.

The only thing dying are your brain cells soaking up that propaganda, flattening the curve lol

[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 04:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing dying are your brain cells soaking up that propaganda, flattening the curve lol

When you told your mom to stop, did she listen?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 04:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That was a well written post by the way, naturally it would get ignored by random housewives in favor of hurr-durr "insert something they saw Trevor Noah say probably"
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 04:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That was a well written post by the way, naturally it would get ignored by random housewives in favor of hurr-durr "insert something they saw Trevor Noah say probably"

How old were you when she left your dad?
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 04:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you raised by a single mother?

Edit: lol you really were, i'll stop now i don't want you to #MeToo me and spam Report
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 04:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you raised by a single mother?

I know you are acting out, but just let me ask the questions. I want to help you.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-17 04:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

combined with financial incentive for hospitals to report as many "covid-related deaths"

There is more financial incentive for hospitals to under report and thus underplay the pandemic so that everything goes back to normal and they can provide elective procedures.

Your English reading comprehension level is "***?" That's embarrassing.

The hospitals not reporting covid cases probably are losing money. The hospitals that are reporting lots of covid cases are probably making enough from the covid payouts to make up for other lost revenue. If the CDC set accurate reporting requirements and all hospitals reported 100% honestly, then the actual numbers would be low enough that more people would wake up and support returning to normal. But some portion of the hospitals are cashing in, causing the rest to stuffer. It's prisoner's dilemma.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 04:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The hospitals not reporting covid cases probably are losing money. The hospitals that are reporting lots of covid cases are probably making enough from the covid payouts to make up for other lost revenue. If the CDC set accurate reporting requirements and all hospitals reported 100% honestly, then the actual numbers would be low enough that more people would wake up and support returning to normal. But some portion of the hospitals are cashing in, causing the rest to stuffer. It's prisoner's dilemma.

So that is the math you went through in your head, and I'm the one who is lacking comprehension?

Just try to follow me here:

22 billion < 200 billion

(every hospital would love it if they could go back to doing colonoscopies)
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 04:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So that is the math you went through in your head, and I'm the one who is lacking comprehension?

22 billion < 200 billion

Which comedy central talk show host did you get those numbers from Karen? take your meds schizo lol
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 04:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

22 billion < 200 billion

Which comedy central talk show host did you get those numbers from Karen? take your meds schizo lol

I don't say this lightly. I think you might actually be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-17 04:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

22 billion < 200 billion

(every hospital would love it if they could go back to doing colonoscopies)

6 gorillion > 200 billion. What are these numbers you're even referencing and where are you getting them?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 129 130 131