Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 129 130 131
By Draylo 2020-05-17 02:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
Draylo said: »
Vicousss smug replies are so eye roll worthy, I don't know how yall keep up feeding him attention. I've seen some good points made and he comes in "lol, ok no ur dumb" such thoughtful debate tactics.

Did you seriously see them making good points? I'm smug because their points are pretty clearly bad trolls stolen from reddit.

I'll give you one shot. What are the good points? Careful. I may rip you a new ***.

Yes they have, the media is most certainly fear mongering. It's like some people love the idea that people are forced into their homes and small business are dying and jobs lost all over something that could have been handled much differently. I've seen them make quite a few good points in this thread and they are constantly attacked by Viccouss and random people. Everyone is allowed an opinion, nobody here is making important decisions so relax.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 02:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

We are already underway with things opening up

We are underway of shitty leaders killing their constituents and throwing the economy into a full shock. We arent "opening" anything. Theyll be forced to shut down again in short order because this isnt being blown out of proportion, and people arent taking it as seriously as it needs to be taken.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 02:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

small business are dying

Wanna know what will actually end small businesses? Opening up. They havnt made a single valid point, and right now, neither are you.
By Draylo 2020-05-17 02:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole scare was that the hospitals were going to be overwhelmed and it never happened. If the most vulnerable are people with pre-existing conditions and elderly, they should be the ones quarantined and those who live with them and not everyone else and destroying the country in the process. You really don't understand the ramifications of what just happened, it isn't immediate but it will slowly come to light the damage this has all caused that will probably cause even worse problems.

Quote:
Wanna know what will actually end small businesses? Opening up. They havnt made a single valid point, and right now, neither are you.

Care to explain how? They are already getting destroyed and only the big boy companies are getting bailed out, nobody cares about the little people who need to work to survive. Companies like Amazon taking away a measly hazard pay after they've made billions, airplane companies getting saved but who saves the person whos rent is due and they got a measly 1,200 check lol.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

People are dying... A lot more people are going to die.

What number will drive this home?

Does it need to hit a million? More?

Edit: I'll add this. Society needs to adapt rather than try to rush back to the status quo. Businesses need to adapt.

This isn't the end of the world but it is a big deal.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 02:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you going to link a graph based on sketchy numbers like the others?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 02:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently, everything is stopped and frozen. Open up, now you have bills to pay, and need employees. However, people arent stupid. Your employees dont want to get sick and die, and neither do your customers. Your rent isnt going down, your expenses arent going down, but your income is going to be heavily reduced. Small businesses will fold over night, and larger companies will fall into a deflation spiral and we will sink into a full blown depression if we open up fully as a result. Consumers have no trust in the market currently, no income because the government refuses to do a proper stimulus package, and will not go out to spend their money as a result of both pandemic and limited funds.

The worst thing you can do for small businesses is open up, and force them to try to make ends meet. Those ends simply will not be met.
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

Go away dumby. Grown ups are talking.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 02:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just block them. They dont deserve a seat at the table of discussion.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 02:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Least you had the courtesy to not quote the W.H.O. and other foreign run propaganda pieces, you're still in time out for emotional outbursts though
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Currently, everything is stopped and frozen. Open up, now you have bills to pay, and need employees. However, people arent stupid. Your employees dont want to get sick and die, and neither do your customers. Your rent isnt going down, your expenses arent going down, but your income is going to be heavily reduced. Small businesses will fold over night, and larger companies will fall into a deflation spiral and we will sink into a full blown depression if we open up fully as a result. Consumers have no trust in the market currently, no income because the government refuses to do a proper stimulus package, and will not go out to spend their money as a result of both pandemic and limited funds.

The worst thing you can do for small businesses is open up, and force them to try to make ends meet. Those ends simply will not be met.

I'm divesting most of my portfolio in August...
By Draylo 2020-05-17 02:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

People die every day, I think that point keeps getting missed. From many different things

I'm just giving my opinion and I'm sure others feel the same because I see tons of people out on the streets with this beautiful weather recently. They don't see the mass death or people dropping like flies like some apocalypse. They've been told it has a low mortality rate and generally those that are compromised or elderly should be more concerned. Anecdotes about people who have died from it doesn't mean it continues to warrant a shut down to this degree. I know people who have died of many things, including cancer, it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

There is so much conflicting information out there, I would suspect any normal person to have their suspicions at this point. Taking safety as a priority and intend to push forward with trying to reopen and get back into things is the best choice. You say it will be worse, but these people see their bank accounts at 0 and all these bills coming in. I have had countless credit card companies tell me they will continue to charge interest, nothing is stopping in favor of the little guy. They would rather get back into work and have a fighting chance, then to endure this hell another month sitting on their hands.
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Least you had the courtesy to not quote the W.H.O. and other foreign run propaganda pieces, you're still in time out for emotional outbursts though

Cool story.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-17 02:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is what is happening right now.

Our leaders listened to "experts", they were WRONG and now they don't want to admit they were wrong because they know they will face heavy political consequences for it if they do. So they are doubling down and this sill go on forever unless we push back.

They were wrong and they don't admit it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 02:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

People die every day, I think that point keeps getting missed. From many different things

I'm just giving my opinion and I'm sure others feel the same because I see tons of people out on the streets with this beautiful weather recently. They don't see the mass death or people dropping like flies like some apocalypse. They've been told it has a low mortality rate and generally those that are compromised or elderly should be more concerned. Anecdotes about people who have died from it doesn't mean it continues to warrant a shut down to this degree. I know people who have died of many things, including cancer, it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

There is so much conflicting information out there, I would suspect any normal person to have their suspicions at this point. Taking safety as a priority and intend to push forward with trying to reopen and get back into things is the best choice. You say it will be worse, but these people see their bank accounts at 0 and all these bills coming in. I have had countless credit card companies tell me they will continue to charge interest, nothing is stopping in favor of the little guy. They would rather get back into work and have a fighting chance, then to endure this hell another month sitting on their hands.

You're trying to make a point to house wives who are generally insulated from real economics, business practices, and going to work in general. There's no way they can be grown men who have families to support and unironically believe the stuff they spout.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If states had done nothing what do you think things would look like right now? I think we'd already be passing a million deaths.

I think I it may still come to that.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 02:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

but these people see their bank accounts at 0 and all these bills coming in. I have had countless credit card companies tell me they will continue to charge interest, nothing is stopping in favor of the little guy. They would rather get back into work and have a fighting chance, then to endure this hell another month sitting on their hands.

Instead of bitching at the government to try and reopen, screwing you and others even further because you physically do not comprehend the situation, *** at the government to pass a proper stimulus package that they were supposed to do day 1 but failed to do. There are reasons to be upset at the government failing to respond properly. You only screw yourself and everyone else trying to get them to open asap. It doesnt matter if you see your bank account at 0 now. It wont go up after opening and the economy folds like a lawn chair.
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Here is what is happening right now.

Our leaders listened to "experts", they were WRONG and now they don't want to admit they were wrong because they know they will face heavy political consequences for it if they do. So they are doubling down and this sill go on forever unless we push back.

They were wrong and they don't admit it.

Not going to lie. We come from opposite sides but I think we both agree the Trump administration is messing this up. Nice job.
By Draylo 2020-05-17 02:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just disagree with you, people are not as scared as you think. The ones trying to scare them and shame them from leaving their apartments are the MEDIA. People are on the fence and they WANT to get back to work, not sit in their home afraid. Once they get the okay to reopen slowly, they will begin to return to work and spend and the world can go back to business as usual. The response was completely overblown and now they just keep coming up with bogus stories to scare people and they have people like you to shame others into thinking they are wrong for wanting to work.

There is not going to be a fair agreement that will benefit the majority to stay inside, it just isn't going to happen currently. The work they've done so far is not sufficient and 1,200 will not last anyone 10 weeks like was said. Let's face it, nobody on this forum has power to sway anything so we are all just saying our opinions here. You act like you're trying to prevent some mass action from happening, people are already leaving their apartments and going outside to work and do things, it is already happening with or without your consent.
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So are they afraid of not afraid? You said two different things in two consecutive sentences.

I think people are not afraid because the closures have created an environment where millions have not been infected.

Edit: also.. I don't understand your opinion about my intent... Are you under the impression I think I can change the world?
By Draylo 2020-05-17 02:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They've said almost everyone will get infected, some don't even have symptoms. I said people would rather get back to work then to sit in their apartments afraid, like the media wants.

My point about stopping some mass action was towards the people who constantly harass people for differing opinions. Nobody here is in a position of power to change things, so maybe people need to realize we're just nerds debating a current world topic.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 02:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So are they afraid of not afraid? You said two different things in two consecutive sentences.

I think people are not afraid because the closures have created an environment where millions have not been infected.

Pure nonsense, i've yet to meet a single person irl who DID social distance this whole time. Everyone I know has went to work, went to grocery stores, socialized, etc with the exception of stores closed down. The ones that didn't aren't infected, people didn't fall over in the allegedly packed hospitals and die in the hallways. Not even the sniffles. Where is this virus even at besides on paper somewhere?
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pure nonsense, i've yet to meet a single person irl who DID social distance this whole time. Everyone I know has went to work, went to grocery stores, socialized, etc with the exception of stores closed down. The ones that didn't aren't infected, people didn't fall over in the allegedly packed hospitals and die in the hallways. Not even the sniffles. Where is this virus even at besides on paper somewhere?

And how long have you felt this way?
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They've said almost everyone will get infected, some don't even have symptoms. I said people would rather get back to work then to sit in their apartments afraid, like the media wants.

My point about stopping some mass action was towards the people who constantly harass people for differing opinions. Nobody here is in a position of power to change things, so maybe people need to realize we're just nerds debating a current world topic.

I don't think anyone here thinks otherwise. About the nerd thing that is.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 02:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Long enough to realize its mostly people like you in tiny apartments in failed leftist run cities that want everyone to follow these silly guidelines that amount to nothing at all.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 02:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Long enough to realize its mostly people like you in tiny apartments in failed leftist run cities that want everyone to follow these silly guidelines that amount to nothing at all.

And your earliest memories of your mother... How would you describe them?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 03:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, you have no idea what youre talking about or what a pandemic even is. News flash; this isnt overblown. Fox news isnt real news. The president is a moron. Republicans in congress are brain dead shills and most democrats are right behind them.

No, people dont want to go back to work. Theyre being forced back to work because the government refuses to make an actual stimulus package that works, and they feel thats the only way theyll be able to retain income to survive. Problem is... their jobs will start folding. Small businesses will fold completely, and major companies will start heavy layoffs in a month or two as demand plummets and they need to cull their bottom line to fit deflation.

The only thing you get from opening prematurely is a guaranteed depression and businesses flopping. Oh, and rapid infections and death growth because, guess what? Theres still a pandemic!
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 03:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you truly believe these protect you as you hand your ID over and they hand it back contaminated. Least you didn't sneeze on those essential workers.

By Draylo 2020-05-17 03:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Basically, you have no idea what youre talking about or what a pandemic even is. News flash; this isnt overblown. Fox news isnt real news. The president is a moron. Republicans in congress are brain dead shills and most democrats are right behind them.

No, people dont want to go back to work. Theyre being forced back to work because the government refuses to make an actual stimulus package that works, and they feel thats the only way theyll be able to retain income to survive. Problem is... their jobs will start folding. Small businesses will fold completely, and major companies will start heavy layoffs in a month or two as demand plummets and they need to cull their bottom line to fit deflation.

The only thing you get from opening prematurely is a guaranteed depression and businesses flopping. Oh, and rapid infections and death growth because, guess what? Theres still a pandemic!

Yet most countries people are beginning to go back to work and move past this, not just US. Here he begins to lash out at anyone who doesn't agree with his OPINION. Who exactly are you with all this arcane knowledge that all us dolts lack!? What qualifications do you have Nyaarun that make you some expert to demand the horrible countries stay closed and shut people in their homes?
[+]
By sudsi 2020-05-17 03:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you truly believe these protect you as you hand your ID over and they hand it back contaminated. Least you didn't sneeze on those essential workers.

I see, I see. When she ignored you, how did that make you feel?
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 129 130 131