Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-18 23:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Commodus said: »
Quizzy said: »
Basically anything I say.

Not going to lie... at this point I'm just going to roll with it.

It is like watching a monkey with a hammer.

Weren’t you going to come back and try to explain your super secret brainlet misunderstanding of revenue vs expense? You slinked off the other day and hoped people would forget and not be as embarrassed for you.

Kinda like how vic made a bunch of wild accusations based on nothing, and then when provided with sources directly from the CDC, daddy government, and leftist media sites, and a thorough explanation of why he was wrong, s/he just stopped responding and tried to pretend to not see it.

There’s a pattern here where you guys embarrass yourselves and disappear for a while, then return the following day with really though-provoking posts to the effect of “lol whatever” and “no u.”

Thankfully the majority of lurkers on this site have gotten to see your behavior out in the open. Without even realizing it, you’re defeating yourselves.

This is probably the truest thing said on this whole thread
By volkom 2020-05-18 23:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

about a month old. but still valid talking points in it~

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Quizzy 2020-05-18 23:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

Weren’t you going to come back and try to explain your super secret brainlet misunderstanding of revenue vs expense? You slinked off the other day and hoped people would forget and not be as embarrassed for you.

Kinda like how vic made a bunch of wild accusations based on nothing, and then when provided with sources directly from the CDC, daddy government, and leftist media sites, and a thorough explanation of why he was wrong, s/he just stopped responding and tried to pretend to not see it.

There’s a pattern here where you guys embarrass yourselves and disappear for a while, then return the following day with really though-provoking posts to the effect of “lol whatever” and “no u.”

Thankfully the majority of lurkers on this site have gotten to see your behavior out in the open. Without even realizing it, you’re defeating yourselves.

This is probably the truest thing said on this whole thread

Just have sex with me already.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-18 23:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i lol'd irl at that one, u got me
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-18 23:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

lol, this didn't happen. Much like your lies about the entire country being infected, your made up mortality rate, your made up death toll. None of your conspiracies have come true. It seems like no matter how many times you get topic banned, you keep trying to derail this thread. Sad.

89,000 reported deaths out of an official population of 330,000,000. That's a death rate of 0.027%.

As Zero and I have pointed out, this is completely wrong. 330m people have not been infected, full stop. You cannot prove this in any way or even come close to it. All you got it "someone went to get groceries." Yeah right. 330m have not been infected, so your death rate is stupidly wrong.

You can't prove that everyone hasn't been exposed, either, and I didn't state that everyone definitely has been. I stated that, "most people have probably been exposed in some way by now." Common sense should tell you that, with at least one member of each household retrieving or receiving groceries regularly, and many people not adhering to strict quarantine protocols, most people in the country should have been exposed at some point over the past number of months. Not many people are living in bomb shelters, eating rations. There will never be anything close to an accurate "infection rate," because of just how many people have little to no symptoms and will never be tested for antibodies, and this theoretical "infection rate" ignores those who are immune, so "infection rate" is a pointless metric. What matters is how the overall population is affected. Total deaths vs total population. It's likely that less than 0.01125% of the US population has been killed by covid.

Since hospitals are lying about deaths in order to secure additional funding, and counting deaths of people who were going to die anyway for other reasons, the number of deaths is way less than 89,000. The actual population of the US, including illegals, is probably closer to 400,000,000. The actual death rate is likely less than 0.01125%.

Three completely *** claims here. You are alleging hospitals are committing mass fraud, a federal crime, with zero evidence. Where is your source? Nowhere. You are also alleging the number of deaths is way less than 89k, with no evidence. Where is your source? We have testimony that the number of infections is being underreported due to pathetic testing numbers thus making the death toll lower than it really is. Where is your testimony?

1) Here are the CDC's guidelines for coding cause of death. Here are some key points from the guidelines, since you won't read or understand the document:
  • What happens if the terms reported on the death certificate indicate uncertainty?
    If the death certificate reports terms such as “probable COVID-19” or “likely COVID-19,” these terms would be
    assigned the new ICD code [(i.e. reported to be a covid death)]. It Is not likely that NCHS will follow up on these cases.

• Should “COVID-19” be reported on the death certificate only with a confirmed test?
    COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is
    assumed to have caused
    or contributed to death.

2) What methods are used to estimate the number of influenza-associated deaths in the U.S.? "We first look at how many in-hospital deaths were observed in FluSurv-NET. The in-hospital deaths are adjusted for under-detection of influenza using methods similar to those described above for hospitalizations using data on the frequency and sensitivity of influenza testing. Second, because not all deaths related to influenza occur in the hospital, we use death certificate data to estimate how likely deaths are to occur outside the hospital. We look at death certificates that have pneumonia or influenza causes (P&I), other respiratory and circulatory causes (R&C), or other non-respiratory, non-circulatory causes of death, because deaths related to influenza may not have influenza listed as a cause of death. We use information on the causes of death from FluSurv-NET to determine the mixture of P&I, R&C, and other coded deaths to include in our investigation of death certificate data."

In other words, when the CDC estimates flu-related deaths, they add a bunch based on a guess of how many diagnoses may have been missed, then they add a bunch based on a guess of how many deaths reported as a bunch of other things may have been related to flu. They're doing the same thing with covid, and their own published guidelines support this.

3) "At Tuesday's White House coronavirus press conference, task force member Dr. Deborah Birx said that while some countries are reporting coronavirus fatality numbers differently, in the U.S. you are counted as a victim of the pandemic if you die while testing positive for the virus, even if something else causes your death." Source (I even found one from a leftist site so you won't dismiss it based entirely on who published it)

4) From HHS.gov: "HHS is distributing $12 billion to 395 hospitals who provided inpatient care for 100 or more COVID-19 patients through April 10, 2020...hospitals are paid a fixed amount per COVID-19 inpatient admission, with an additional amount taking into account their Medicare and Medicaid disproportionate share and uncompensated care payments...$12 billion to facilities admitting large numbers of COVID-19 patients and $10 billion to providers in rural areas..."

Conclusion: The CDC guidelines for reporting, combined with financial incentive for hospitals to report as many "covid-related deaths" as possible, causes the 89,000 deaths number to be grossly overinflated. You can always follow the money. But I'm positive that, even though hospitals are private for-profit companies, and you're pro-government controlled healthcare (and everything else) because "corporations are evil," you'll mental gymnastics your way into defending hospitals (again, private gigantic corporations) and claim that there's NO WAY they would EVER lie for money... even though they technically don't have to if they just follow the CDC guidelines, since the CDC has stated that they won't bother to verify any claims. Unless latenight.funnyman tells you that the evil corporations are committing fraud, you won't know what to think, and right now scaring people with overinflated number is more important to the left than their usual routine of calling out the evil scary corporations because it's an election year.

And lastly, there are not 70m illegal immigrants in the USA, or even close to it. Try 14m. So the population is nowhere near 400m. Your assumed death rate is not using any facts whatsoever. I liked the bolded touch tho, as if its important.

You must not have really meant "lastly," since you continued after this. The "official" number of illegal aliens is based on census reporting... it's shocking that even 1 illegal alien responds to the census. Here's a study from Yale & MIT that estimates the more likely number. The study concludes that the conservative estimate is over 22 million, but could be as high as 35 million. So I'll accept that the total population probably isn't quite 400 million. If you add in foreign citizens living here for an extended period of time, homeless, and all the foreign workers who have overstayed their visas, most of whom probably don't respond to the census, then the number increases by millions, but we can ignore them, use 350 million and move on. Just don't be so naive as to believe the bogus census number of illegals.

Almost all of those deaths are the really old and/or really sickly. You've been duped, AGAIN, by the same propaganda networks that dupe you into getting worked up endlessly about whatever they think they can use to push their agenda and sell the most views and clicks. The photos of the press not wearing masks proves that they know it's not very serious and are lying to you. You have the photo evidence, use a little common sense.

Again, the "photos" have already been exposed as phony, like everything else kireek posts. No one is being duped. We know that covid is killing every age group, and is now being linked to an inflammatory disease among children, which thank God schools are closed.

You've been provided with photo and video proof. You personally stating that the photos and live video are "phony" shows how far gone you are. This is why I asked what authority figure would have to tell you that it's all OK in order for you to stop shitting your diaper in protest.

The fact is that covid-19, itself, is killing very few, if any, people. The only primary symptom that could lead to death is fever. The people who are dying are dying from secondary pneumonia. With access to a ventilator, it should be very difficult for an otherwise-healthy person to die from pneumonia. IF arislan is telling the truth, then I'd ask what the official cause of death was, if his in-law had underlying conditions, and how old he was.

89,000 Americans have died from covid-19, of 1.5m infections. A number that could have been lower with better leadership. Your 330m number is fake, your 400m number is even worse. The entire country has not infected or exposed to covid-19. You cannot possibly prove this.

Obligatory "orange man bad" insert out of nowhere. Already covered the rest.

Your bolded "If" is pathetic, questioning if Arislan is telling the truth. Not even kireek or Draylo are accusing people
of lying about their loved ones dying of covid-19. You and Soraishin are the bottom. You can't back up any of your wild conspiracy theories with any sources, yet you both challenge other people to "prove you wrong." No one is playing that *** game. You didn't post a single source to back up any of your crap, because there aren't any.

Predictable emotional response. Automatically and unquestioningly believe anything posted on the internet, by people you don't know, as long as it supports your masters' agenda and makes you feel sad-sad feelings.

There's a pattern in your way of thinking. You want the government to control everything, you want the left side of the government to make all the rules, and you automatically and unquestioningly believe anything the left side of the government tells you. This is a dangerously stupid way of thinking. Independent thinkers are skeptical and question most things. By automatically buying into whatever your political party or the government tells you, you're allowing yourself to be an emotional pawn and slave to their game. People far away in suits, who you've never met, own you.

Happened right here. Your fragile babyego couldn't handle it so you tried to pretend to not see it. Also never been topicbanned, so you're caught lying about yet another thing.
By Quizzy 2020-05-18 23:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of an old family guy episode where marilyn Manson was going door to door trying to shock people.
By Viciouss 2020-05-19 00:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I didn't see that long, drawn out post of guesswork because I went to sleep and didn't bother backreading because you and sora were shitposting like crazy (still are). Certainly wasn't a case of me "slinking off at 2 AM." Don't have time to respond right now as Im doing gaingil. But its very amusing how you try to compare flu like deaths to covid related deaths. Doesn't work.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-19 00:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I didn't see that long, drawn out post of guesswork because I went to sleep and didn't bother backreading because you and sora were shitposting like crazy (still are). Certainly wasn't a case of me "slinking off at 2 AM." Don't have time to respond right now as Im doing gaingil. But its very amusing how you try to compare flu like deaths to covid related deaths. Doesn't work.

1) Deny;
2) Make excuse for pretending to not see;
3) Make excuse for not responding again;
4) Misinterpret the small portion that you skim;
5) Dismiss without reason and disappear;
6) NPC_denial() subroutine complete.

No comparison between flu and covid was made. A breakdown of how they inaccurately estimate deaths was presented. Focus and try to comprehend.
By Viciouss 2020-05-19 01:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, like I said, I don't have time atm, I'm doing gain Gil. Everyone understands what your trying to say, the complaint is months old. They are reporting covid deaths for anyone that tested positive, even if they were terminally ill and were gonna die anyway. It's an outdated argument that certainly does not inflate the death toll by the thousands. It's just your personal hope.
By Viciouss 2020-05-19 01:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Your gonna have to wait till tomorrow to get laughed at some more.
By Quizzy 2020-05-19 02:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

*** dork.

I don't really do memes, but Grandma's Boy comes to mind.

That's not an act, or trolling either. That is 100% you.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-19 02:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

During this time of "every life matters!" virtue signalling I wanna ask a question:

If every life is precious, should we donate $20 million dollars for an 80 year old woman to get a costly surgery and care from 50 great doctors to stay alive an extra week? If not why not, is it the money?

If every life matters would you be fully happy and prepared to pay twice as much tax as you do now to save the life of 10 extra people, or 100 people (oops numbers don't matter to you guys, every life is precious!) in the USA per year? If not why?

If you say no to either of these things are you an evil bigot that wants people to die or are you making common sense decisions? I fully expect no lefties to answer questions like this because they are cowards and have no standards at all.

Is life precious? sure, but it's not that precious if we don't know them personally. Every single one of us agrees because I will 100% guarantee you that every single virtue signaller in this thread would not give up everything they own to save some random persons life they never met. I guarantee you every single person in this thread virtue signalling would not do that, and as such their possessions are of more value than this random persons "precious" life to them.

I hate 2020, virtue signalling asshats everywhere that won't be honest and pretending everyone else is the bad guy.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-19 02:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all life matter, that's why people are being sacrificed, that's a rough natural selection right here.

https://twitter.com/maria_rendon97/status/1262389337506881536?s=20

Look at this healthy young woman, she's had enough of staying indoor. Poor thing, she has to party!

God bless.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 03:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Life matters.

5 or 10% death rate isnt by any means acceptable when its about human lifes.

But one thing shouldnt be ignored is, if 5~10% gonna die by covid, you cant just ignore 90~95% that will live and will have a hell of a time to recover from those months without work.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-19 03:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Democrats: "walls don't work trump, people will just use ladders you bigot!"

Also Democrats: "stop going on the beaches or we will put up fences, don't make us do it!"

[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-19 03:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 03:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Its almost like the idiot here that thought that, just because traffic was high, meaning people were getting out of their house, if they could restric the number of cars in the street, that could result in more people staying at home.

Results: next day of car restriction the public transport had peaks of passengers. Lots of people heaping inside tiny space.

Last week the idiot just changed his mind and lifted the car restriction.

Thats what happens when people inside a bubble, totally without a touch of population reality, makes their "solutions".

Same thing about quarentine. Im sure the people who came up with this idea dont live in a slum. Neither should have thought people could just ignore it.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 03:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring reality, ignoring that many people wont comply with imposed rules doesnt makes quarentine any right.

And even worse, imposing those measures without any negotiation, any talk, any explanation. Only fear, fear, fear, numbers, deaths.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-19 03:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

*** dork.

I don't really do memes, but Grandma's Boy comes to mind.

That's not an act, or trolling either. That is 100% you.

Are you still working through why $22B of revenue and $1T of expense are different things?
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-19 21:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Life matters.

5 or 10% death rate isnt by any means acceptable when its about human lifes.

But one thing shouldnt be ignored is, if 5~10% gonna die by covid, you cant just ignore 90~95% that will live and will have a hell of a time to recover from those months without work.
Playing devil's advocate here since it's a 50/50 topic but we don't actually need or should keep people alive.

Our world is in such a bad shape because of all these humans, if we could be less it'd be great.
Obviously, if you remove say, 50% of humanity, we'll be back to the same numbers in record time. But still.

Not all life matter, but see it in the way that "anyone who will die, will die", not "okay, now we have to judge who deserves to die and who doesn't".

But then we can also play the other role and be like "but we are good people, we aren't ill intended, we should strive to save any and every life just because we can".

I don't disagree nor agree with either side personally. It's honestly a shitty topic where there is no right answer, I hope Naruto will find a solution soon enough.
By Quizzy 2020-05-19 22:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you don't get off that easy. You have to say something crazy.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-20 12:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after opening fire on a Waffle House employee who told him he needed to wear a mask, authorities in Colorado said.
By volkom 2020-05-20 13:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after opening fire on a Waffle House employee who told him he needed to wear a mask, authorities in Colorado said.

reminds me of this scene:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By RadialArcana 2020-05-20 13:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I love that normies are getting red pilled on this virus.

Literally saw nobody in a mask when I went out today, lots out in the sun too. 5/6 of the cashiers had no mask or gloves.

Laughed at one incredibly fat woman complaining about social distancing though, she was so fat you had to be across the street to give her social distancing. Also if you're that damn fat you don't care about your health anyway, you'll die before the lockdown ends from a heart explosion.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-20 13:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »

Literally saw nobody in a mask when I went out today, lots out in the sun too. 5/6 of the cashiers had no mask or gloves.

Laughed at one incredibly fat woman complaining about social distancing though, she was so fat you had to be across the street to give her social distancing. Also if you're that damn fat you don't care about your health anyway, you'll die before the lockdown ends from a heart explosion.

Good for you.

But um words like normies and red pilled implies that the chicks have been practicing social distancing from you for several years now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-20 14:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-20 14:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

Master bait’n
By Draylo 2020-05-20 16:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Democrats: "walls don't work trump, people will just use ladders you bigot!"

Also Democrats: "stop going on the beaches or we will put up fences, don't make us do it!"

Can you believe this guy wanted to be president?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-20 16:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a ridiculous argument. Walls work because of the consequences of crossing the walls. Not because the wall works.

A Mexican doesn't give a *** if you send him back. That wall doesn't work.

Karen gives a *** if she goes to jail for trespassing. That wall works.

Roxy does care if she jumps over the doggy wall cause she gets treats and pets even if shes bad. That wall doesn't work.

A prisoner gets shot if they get caught outside the wall. Those walls work.

And putting a fence around the beach doesn't cost $50 billion and take 2 years to construct. It's also about scale. Patrolling 1 mile vs 1300 miles.

Locks don't stop thieves either but you have locks on your damn doors. Walls, locks, signs are a deterrent. That's it.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-20 17:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Locks don't stop thieves either but you have locks on your damn doors. Walls, locks, signs are a deterrent. That's it.
Locks don't stop thieves either but you have locks on your damn doors.
Locks don't stop thieves.
Locks don't stop thieves

The first thief wasnt a lockpicker, the lock was invented to stop thieves. Locks dont stop good theives sure, but on average they work pretty well.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 129 130 131