Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 129 130 131
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-16 15:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bundesliga was laughable, most players didn't exercise during quarantine, they were out of shape and got absolutely obliterated by in shape/technical player because of it.
What's the point of resuming a championship when it can't be played properly (obviously it's about money but due to the players' shape it's a terrible bet)? The whole hysteria about football has been beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

As for this situation being "humanity worst moment since you were born", I don't know man, I think you're turning a blind eye on a lot of stuff that has happened in the past 3 decades, to make sure you were alive.
***like this is happening every single day in most countries but you don't see it that way because your attention is being sucked onto something else.
While I'm sure Brazil isn't USA tier when it comes to politics and being completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, you guys are most likely on the same level as us. There are so many scandals popping left and right that it's difficult to remember that the majority of the population is left to rot just to satisfy a few dudes in suits.

The most shocking thing to me is that Jeff Bezos is still alive today.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-16 15:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Gloves do literally nothing, and you don't wear a mask to protect YOU.

Gloves are used to help keep your hands sanitized, but for the general public you dont have the training to understand how this is supposed to function so it effectively does nothing. It doesnt matter if youre wearing gloves if youre still touching your face with the gloves or dont sanitize your hands or touch something with your gloved hands then later touch said thing with your bare hands, etc.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-16 15:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

Gloves are used to help keep your hands sanitized, but for the general public you dont have the training to understand how this is supposed to function so it effectively does nothing. It doesnt matter if youre wearing gloves if youre still touching your face with the gloves or dont sanitize your hands or touch something with your gloved hands then later touch said thing with your bare hands, etc.
Wouldn't applying gel/soap systematically counter this?

I haven't checked how long either stays active on your skin to protect you but this may be an easy solution for the less trained people.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-16 15:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gloves are actually WORSE for you. You wash your hands less and reuse gloves. You are MORE likely to spread gems by wearing them as a member of the public.

(this is why I was against masks originally. Reusing a dirty mask for MONTHS will give you bacterial infections. PLUS if you cover the face with your hand when you remove it, you cover your hand in virus/bacteria ((improper wear/application/removal)))

My neighbor (works in a doctors office) They will stop you at the door. MAKE you take your gloves off and sanitize your hands right there or you cannot enter the building.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-16 15:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You know who the account is.

[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-16 15:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Bundesliga was laughable, most players didn't exercise during quarantine, they were out of shape and got absolutely obliterated by in shape/technical player because of it.
What's the point of resuming a championship when it can't be played properly (obviously it's about money but due to the players' shape it's a terrible bet)? The whole hysteria about football has been beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I was surprised when the Euro league was actually having games over there. In the US there isn't nearly that dramatic a push to return to sporting events, mainly because the testing system remains terrible and its just not important right now. Basketball wants to finish its season, and baseball wants to start up, but both leagues are treating it with the understanding that they won't resume until July, in empty stadiums. Both are also contingent on the need to have a nationwide testing system in place and up to date so that the idea of athletes being tested regularly isn't a big deal. Right now the US isn't even close.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-16 15:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-16 15:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quarantine is isolating the sick.

Tyranny is isolating everyone, no surprise it's the left who are pushing it the hardest.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-16 15:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

I was surprised when the Euro league was actually having games over there. In the US there isn't nearly that dramatic a push to return to sporting events, mainly because the testing system remains terrible and its just not important right now. Basketball wants to finish its season, and baseball wants to start up, but both leagues are treating it with the understanding that they won't resume until July, in empty stadiums. Both are also contingent on the need to have a nationwide testing system in place and up to date so that the idea of athletes being tested regularly isn't a big deal. Right now the US isn't even close.
It's a mix of huge sums of money being lost and football being REALLY huge. Like, it's seriously a religion for quite a lot of people.

Also, a lot of teams have infected players. And given that some of them either lied or took their sweet time to admit it, you can easily bet that a lot more teams/people are infected and may be dangerous.

So this plus the fact that a lot of players are seriously out of shape, thus producing not only ***entertainment but also destroying any reliability when to bets (it's a sport but still), I don't see why they forced it so hard in Germany. I believe at least 9 clubs are either about to die or were about to die in Germany, but I'm pretty sure other countries are in the same shape more or less.

I always forget when stuff like the superbowl happens but in EU the biggest football competitions have been postponed already and the championships are pretty big (especially since we don't have playoffs in the big ones, so actually finishing the championship has a huge meaning).

In France they chose to end everything early so it's mostly safe in that regard.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-16 15:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gloves are actually WORSE for you. You wash your hands less and reuse gloves. You are MORE likely to spread gems by wearing them as a member of the public.

(this is why I was against masks originally. Reusing a dirty mask for MONTHS will give you bacterial infections. PLUS if you cover the face with your hand when you remove it, you cover your hand in virus/bacteria ((improper wear/application/removal)))

My neighbor (works in a doctors office) They will stop you at the door. MAKE you take your gloves off and sanitize your hands right there or you cannot enter the building.

"but for the general public you dont have the training to understand how this is supposed to function so it effectively does nothing"
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-16 15:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't applying gel/soap systematically counter this?

I haven't checked how long either stays active on your skin to protect you but this may be an easy solution for the less trained people.

Washing/sanitizing your hands only matters the moment you do it. The moment you touch anything potentially contaminated, assume your hands are as well, even if you washed your hands 10 seconds ago.
By Viciouss 2020-05-16 15:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a mix of huge sums of money being lost and football being REALLY huge. Like, it's seriously a religion for quite a lot of people.

Also, a lot of teams have infected players. And given that some of them either lied or took their sweet time to admit it, you can easily bet that a lot more teams/people are infected and may be dangerous.

So this plus the fact that a lot of players are seriously out of shape, thus producing not only ***entertainment but also destroying any reliability when to bets (it's a sport but still), I don't see why they forced it so hard in Germany. I believe at least 9 clubs are either about to die or were about to die in Germany, but I'm pretty sure other countries are in the same shape more or less.

I always forget when stuff like the superbowl happens but in EU the biggest football competitions have been postponed already and the championships are pretty big (especially since we don't have playoffs in the big ones, so actually finishing the championship has a huge meaning).

In France they chose to end everything early so it's mostly safe in that regard.

Its the same thing over here. The NBA has already cut the player's salaries by 25%, and they stand to lose billions in the next 12 months. The best thing the NBA has going for it is outstanding leadership at the very top, Adam Silver is a great commissioner, he led the way for really the entire country to shut down operations. They want to finish the season, they want to crown a champion, but they understand the need to slow walk a return, even if it means impacting the next season.

Baseball isn't so lucky, the relationship between the players and the owners is terrible, and they were already heading for a war in the next CBA, covid just made things worse. I'm much less optimistic about baseball returning this year because of the owners. Its realistic to believe there won't be baseball this year.

The NFL, which is the king of sports over here, doesn't start until September, and they are adamant the sport will kick off on time, albeit in empty stadiums.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-16 16:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a great tendency to paranoia. When the authorities said "wash your hands" my thoughts were WAIT I'm supposed to touch potentially infectious surfaces and THEN wash my hands?

No thanks, I bought disposagloves early on. I know how to put them on and, more important, how to take them off. And then I wash my hands anyway.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-16 16:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I've said this before but it's worth saying again.

Your immune system is like a muscle, if it's not constantly working it becomes weaker. This is just how it works, it needs minor infections (that don't impact your health) to remain active. It also needs Vitamins (C & D from sunlight) and also less stress because stress has an awful impact on your immune systems effectiveness.

If you are the kind of person that has bought into this nonsense fully, locked yourself in your house and are afraid...when the lockdown does end you're going to be in such a bad shape it's not even funny. You may not get Covid, but you'll get flu, colds, pneumonia, bacterial infects, digestive issues etc

I've gone out as normal, I haven't changed a damn thing and I'm as fit as ever. Not only that but all the people who I see that work in the supermarkets and other places are exactly the same too, they aren't getting issues either and are at work every day just fine.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-16 18:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to literally hide underground. Just avoid purposely tripping landmines.

Plenty of sun comes through your windows and in your yard. The only thing of any consequence you shouldn't do is hit up the gym. You can still eat healthy, get sunshine and do cardio. With zero risk and zero fear and zero stress.

Unless you do your cardio with a dog, then landmines(humans) are a real threat. Be safe in one instance (around humans) and nothing changes. Blowing this way out of proportion. Outrage culture.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-16 18:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
stuff
I have a great immune system. It happens to be a 76 year old immune system though.

So I take few chances.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-05-16 18:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gone out as normal, I haven't changed a damn thing and I'm as fit as ever. Not only that but all the people who I see that work in the supermarkets and other places are exactly the same too, they aren't getting issues either and are at work every day just fine.

Easy to shrug this whole thing off until you lose somebody you love.

My brother in law just passed three weeks ago from Covid. He was a firefighter EMT who risked his life every day to be there when arrogant, irresponsible dickbags like you fall sick. Thankfully, I suspect the vast majority of people he helped were actually good, deserving people, so his sacrifice wasn't in vain.

Not everybody has the luxury of sitting at home, bitching about the lock down, peddling silly conspiracy theories. There are people out there doing their jobs, making a difference, risking their lives to help others -- and sadly some are dying.

So with all due respect, *** you, and everybody else on here who's minimizing this thing too. And seriously... *** the mods too for keeping this thread open.

You all should be ashamed.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-05-16 19:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

when the lockdown does end you're going to be in such a bad shape

I don't even know where to start with this.

haven't changed a damn thing

That is, at best, ignorant, and at worst, straight up sociopath behavior.

Shiva.Arislan said: »
*** the mods too for keeping this thread open

This stuff has to come out somewhere. Leaving it in one thread is how it avoids showing up in fifty threads.

Sorry for your loss.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-16 20:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, you aren't a victim. Nice try tho. Go away.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-16 20:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, you aren't a victim. Nice try tho. Go away.

Where was that courage before Rooks woke up? Paper Tiger Karen
By Viciouss 2020-05-16 21:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see your post. Don't worry tho, I would have called you out right away for being that fake tough guy you pretend to be. Just like earlier today.
 Valefor.Commodus
Server: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-16 22:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Easy to shrug this whole thing off until you lose somebody you love.

My brother in law just passed three weeks ago from Covid. He was a firefighter EMT who risked his life every day to be there when arrogant, irresponsible dickbags like you fall sick. Thankfully, I suspect the vast majority of people he helped were actually good, deserving people, so his sacrifice wasn't in vain.

Not everybody has the luxury of sitting at home, bitching about the lock down, peddling silly conspiracy theories. There are people out there doing their jobs, making a difference, risking their lives to help others -- and sadly some are dying.

So with all due respect, *** you, and everybody else on here who's minimizing this thing too. And seriously... *** the mods too for keeping this thread open.

You all should be ashamed.

Quote:
don't believe your story to be honest, I think it's outrage attention points

Weird how mods see a typed out sob story followed by the real goal of saying and I quote "*** you and everybody else" and delete the voice of opposition because feelings. Pathetic

Edit: Censorship is never the answer

89,000 reported deaths out of an official population of 330,000,000. That's a death rate of 0.027%.

Since hospitals are lying about deaths in order to secure additional funding, and counting deaths of people who were going to die anyway for other reasons, the number of deaths is way less than 89,000. The actual population of the US, including illegals, is probably closer to 400,000,000. The actual death rate is likely less than 0.01125%.

Almost all of those deaths are the really old and/or really sickly. You've been duped, AGAIN, by the same propaganda networks that dupe you into getting worked up endlessly about whatever they think they can use to push their agenda and sell the most views and clicks. The photos of the press not wearing masks proves that they know it's not very serious and are lying to you. You have the photo evidence, use a little common sense.

The fact is that covid-19, itself, is killing very few, if any, people. The only primary symptom that could lead to death is fever. The people who are dying are dying from secondary pneumonia. With access to a ventilator, it should be very difficult for an otherwise-healthy person to die from pneumonia. IF arislan is telling the truth, then I'd ask what the official cause of death was, if his in-law had underlying conditions, and how old he was.

In the US, there have only been 25 reported EMS deaths allegedly from complications related to covid-19, and almost all of them were in their late 50s, 60s, and 70s. Source.

If your brother-in-law had died fighting a fire, would you be screaming that we need to ban potential sources of fire and cursing people who cook on the stove? Given all of these numbers, it's important to remember that we DO NOT make decisions for the entire population based on individual emotional reactions from astronomically rare occurrences (again, assuming it actually happened).
By Viciouss 2020-05-16 22:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol wow you two are once again, the bottom of the barrel. Also, your death rate is stupidly wrong, 330m Americans haven't been infected. Why do I need to point that out? Oh right, cuz its you.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-16 22:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok, see with that kind of logic there are zero gun deaths, only bullet deaths.

And we can take it one level lower with zero bullet deaths, they all died from lack of breathing.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-16 23:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Commodus said: »
89,000 reported deaths out of an official population of 330,000,000. That's a death rate of 0.027%.

Since hospitals are lying about deaths in order to secure additional funding, and counting deaths of people who were going to die anyway for other reasons, the number of deaths is way less than 89,000. The actual population of the US, including illegals, is probably closer to 400,000,000. The actual death rate is likely less than 0.01125%.

How can you be on a FFXI forum and not know which numbers to calculate? You would be right if the entire population of the US was infected but currently it’s only been 1.5M people. Of which 428,345 cases have had a resolution. 90,113 were death and 339,232 recovered. Which is 79% Recovery 21 % Fatality. There is still another 1,078,428 active cases and rising.

Now if we take that same ratio and apply it to the total population of the US at 330M or as you imagine 400M that comes out to roughly 66M to 80M deaths.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-16 23:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
Valefor.Commodus said: »

How can you be on a FFXI forum and not know which numbers to calculate? You would be right if the entire population of the US was infected but currently it’s only been 1.5M people. Of which 428,345 cases have had a resolution. 90,113 were death and 339,232 recovered. Which is 79% Recovery 21 % Fatality. There is still another 1,078,428 active cases and rising.

Now if we take that same ratio and apply it to the total population of the US at 330M or as you imagine 400M that comes out to roughly 66M to 80M deaths.

Do you genuinely believe 80 million people in the US will die from covid in your lifetime? Serious question. Despite quarantine, most people have probably been exposed in some way by now. Someone in your household has to retrieve groceries and/or bring deliveries into your house. There is no catastrophic death toll. It just doesn't exist. You've been bamboozled.

It's ok, see with that kind of logic there are zero gun deaths, only bullet deaths.

And we can take it one level lower with zero bullet deaths, they all died from lack of breathing.

The CDC even combines influenza and pneumonia, because the primary symptoms of influenza hardly kill anyone. They have to add pneumonia in order for it to make the top 10 leading causes of death. As an aside, since you brought it up, gun-related deaths doesn't make the top 10. Source.
By Viciouss 2020-05-17 00:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Complete deflection from every single point in his original shitpost being wrong. Lying about the mortality rate, lying about the death toll, lying about hospitals committing fraud, and now lying about exposure. Any other topic and this would be funny, but you two are telling a person a family member didn't die from covid-19.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-17 00:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Complete deflection from every single point in his original shitpost being wrong. Lying about the mortality rate, lying about the death toll, lying about hospitals committing fraud, and now lying about exposure. Any other topic and this would be funny, but you two are telling a person a family member didn't die from covid-19.

Quote me where I stated his in-law did not die. While you’re at it, provide one source proving that anything I said is incorrect.

Incoming NPC_vic response #3 “I don’t play the question game.”
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 129 130 131