Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-14 20:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
They may get invited into a higher end group, but only if that group decided to give them charity, or if absolutely nobody wanted to be on that job, like WHM/BRD/GEO.

???

It's sad to hear that people don't enjoy playing White Mage.

I am so glad/lucky that I fell in love with the job 15 years, or so, ago.

How I view White Mage:How others must view White Mage:
~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Meanwhile, this thread is still going on.

Edit: I forgot about type C:

Edit:
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 20:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
You took a year to obtain an aeonic... I'm just finishing my 10th and I have played less than 12 months in the last 7 years. Think you need a reality check on achieving things.

Oh bravo, it's like you're actually offended. What do you want? A medal? Who cares how long it took? Everyone who went on that journey will always remember it. I'm sure I will, it was a great experience. Wouldn't replace that experience with your other nine aeonics. I care more about the people I run with, not how much of my epeen I can show off to others. Stop bragging, it's not a good look.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 20:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not bragging, just giving you a reality check. Honestly, the way you hark on about Cerberus makes you sound like some wacky cult leader. I know FFXI on Hades/Cerb is all you have ever known in your life but you should embrace change rather than fear it.

And abandon good people so I can play with guys like yourself? Who brag about their 10 aeonics like it's actually worth something in life? No thanks. If anything your last comment proves how right I am to stay where I am, and how awesome my group of people are. I'd rather take another year to get an aeonic then spend 1 week having to put up with others inflated egos.

I've always been on a small server, and I got no reason to go anywhere else. You might not get that, you're all about instant gratification. I'm more about the journey with the right group. And if people come and join us? We'll do our best to fit them in, and we hope they remember the good times too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Anoksunamoon
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Anoksunamoon 2018-12-14 20:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I started playing ffxi on asura since NA release and I had a great experience with it and made many
friends and enemys over the 1st 8 years I played. I quit back in 2011 and thought I would never come back, But like most I came back I reactivated my account and the nostalgia that made ffxi still was there even though it's been overhauled with tons of new stuff. But Asura didn't seem The same everyone already had everything that made achieving anytbing redundant overwhelmed by all the new changes I wanted to experience the time old effort and party team ups. I didn't want to just be handed anything I wanted to work for it and get hel,p fail many times and build relationships and stories once more which
Made the game what it is it's not just the equipment it's how you got them and the experience you shared getting it. So I decided to go to a less populated server a that's what it took for me to rekindle that ffxi addiction once more. Do what make you happy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 20:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Anoksunamoon said: »
I started playing ffxi on asura since NA release
And I had a great experience with it and made many
Friends and enemys over the 1st 8 years I played
I quit back in 2011 and thought I would never come back,
But like most I came back I reactivated my account and the
Nostalgia that made ffxi still was there even though it's been
Overhauled with tons of new stuff. But Asura didn't seem
The same everyone already had everything that made achieving
Anytbing redundant overwhelmed by all the new changes I wanted to experience the time old effort and party team ups. I didn't want
To just be handed anything I wanted to work for it and get help
Fail many times and build relationships and stories once more which
Made the game what it is it's not just the equipment it's how you got them and the experience you shared getting it. So I decided to go to a less populated server a that's what it took for me to rekindle that ffxi addiction once more. Do what make you happy.

This is the kind of player I try to reach with my "cult leader" like posts. Sometimes you don't want to take the easy option, because the easy option doesn't always give you the best experience. So while going to another server is without a doubt a way more difficult task, it likely won't stop you having a great experience with others who are in the same boat.

Actually "losing" battles repeatedly can make a group stronger. If you win all the time you're never under pressure, you don't force yourself to be better for the rest of the team .. because you know you'll get carried anyways.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 20:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I'm not bragging, just giving you a reality check. Honestly, the way you hark on about Cerberus makes you sound like some wacky cult leader. I know FFXI on Hades/Cerb is all you have ever known in your life but you should embrace change rather than fear it.

And abandon good people so I can play with guys like yourself? Who brag about their 10 aeonics like it's actually worth something in life? No thanks. If anything your last comment proves how right I am to stay where I am, and how awesome my group of people are. I'd rather take another year to get an aeonic then spend 1 week having to put up with others inflated egos.

I've always been on a small server, and I got no reason to go anywhere else. You might not get that, you're all about instant gratification. I'm more about the journey with the right group. And if people come and join us? We'll do our best to fit them in, and we hope they remember the good times too.
You wouldn't be abandoning them when they inevitably will have to quit or move. Taking a year to make an aeonic as an amazing experience really shows the difference between us - you are about the age now that most people were when they started playing. That feeling is over for anyone who has other ***to get on with in life.

How do you know how old I am? And no, like the person above stated .. that feeling is not over. It's just you.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2018-12-14 20:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is fun, sounds like Asura's yell chat. I got my popcorn!
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-14 20:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Anoksunamoon said: »
I started playing ffxi on asura since NA release
And I had a great experience with it and made many
Friends and enemys over the 1st 8 years I played
I quit back in 2011 and thought I would never come back,
But like most I came back I reactivated my account and the
Nostalgia that made ffxi still was there even though it's been
Overhauled with tons of new stuff. But Asura didn't seem
The same everyone already had everything that made achieving
Anytbing redundant overwhelmed by all the new changes I wanted to experience the time old effort and party team ups. I didn't want
To just be handed anything I wanted to work for it and get help
Fail many times and build relationships and stories once more which

[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 20:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
This thread is fun, sounds like Asura's yell chat. I got my popcorn!

Absolutely. I don't care so long as more people see my points. Directx is just giving us more exposure. Cheers for that man. Keep trying dude, it's appreciated.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2018-12-14 20:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I like Asura for its yell chat, I literally sit afk in Mhaura half my time playing just reading the chat cos it's pretty entertaining.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 20:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I am from Hades/Cerberus. It really is over for most people but keep the dream alive brother.

You mean you are formerly of Hades/Cerb and left for the easy option? I got ya.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 20:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol non-sadistic? Are you that desperate for your ten aeonics? It makes me laugh so hard. You do know I only do one event a week right? I don't play every day either. So no, I don't have the time. In fact, you probably play more than I do. Yet I still somehow managed to make two aeonics on this "dead" server (and we didn't rush to finish eitherl). I see other groups also making aeonics here, they finished around the time mine did. But you wouldn't know that, because you know nothing.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 20:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok kid, you keep your great life experiences of wasting massive amounts of time to do menial content and I will do it in a flash and be happy. Each to their own.

You get it at last! You have fun with ya instant gratification and never really enjoying the experience of having to endure, while I keep enduring for the sake of those who appreciate the effort. All I do here is offer an alternative for players who perhaps don't want to have to put up with braggy, epeen players who say they dont have time .. when they do. I mean, they got enough time to troll here don't they??

Or for those who get sick of the armies of bots taking mobs they need to progress in quests? Or maybe they just want to find a group of people with no drama at all? Either way, don't put me down for trying to make other servers slightly more populated. It's not like Asura needs anymore players.

PS: I'm not a "kid".
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-12-14 20:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You took a year to obtain an aeonic... I'm just finishing my 10th and I have played less than 12 months in the last 7 years. Think you need a reality check on achieving things.
***, I still don't have an Aeonic at all, maybe I should just commit suicide at this point.

Thank you for letting me know what is an achievement in 2018 FFXI.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 20:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
***, I still don't have an Aeonic at all, maybe I should just commit suicide at this point.

Thank you for letting me know what is an achievement in 2018 FFXI.

Lol yes Senk, I almost died (laughing) after reading that as well.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 21:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It was an example given because you basically posted about it non-stop for a year. No other reason... so yeah, be proud that you fail at FFXI if it makes you feel like a winner.

Oooo you sound hurt man. So hurt. You're just funny to me at this point, a great source of entertainment.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 21:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The aeonic itself.. the weapon, wasn't the achievement. The true achievement was finishing the journey with friends. But you wouldn't understand that. You say you are a very busy person, yet you spend most of your life on here. Something smells. You keep looking for ways to insult me, it's very entertaining for everyone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-12-14 21:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What is everyone so angry about? OP put together a pros and cons list and gave their opinion based on their personal experience. It was a pretty level headed post, but then people took it like someone insulted their mother. Chill out.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-14 21:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-12-14 21:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
The aeonic itself.. the weapon, wasn't the achievement. The true achievement was finishing the journey with friends. But you wouldn't understand that. You say you are a very busy person, yet you spend most of your life on here. Something smells. You keep looking for ways to insult me, it's very entertaining for everyone.
I'd love to see you try to explain how I spend most of my life on here when you have more posts. I only pointed out your wall of text, it is you that is offended, pissy and personal. Keep trying though. More than happy to compare my accomplishments to your own on anything.

Like I said .. keep insulting me as it's so entertaining. If the jokes on me? Awesome. I don't mind that. It is in fact you who keeps replying to me in an angry tone, like you can't accept not having the last word. You absolutely must have that last word, I can tell.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9