Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » my joining Asura experience
my joining Asura experience
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Afania 2018-12-15 13:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
DirectX said: »
mhomho said: »
They don't see that the point of the game is simply to find enjoyment playing however you like for as long as the game exists.
Until you get called a gimp for not having end-game ready gear, and get no invites to content on your BST.

You need to do things you don't enjoy to get ***done, if you don't get ***done there is no point in playing the game.

MMOs and any online game are a reflection of real life. You have people that get ***done, casuals that get by happily being average and bottom feeders. People in the middle are generally happiest, but those at the top are still better off than being bottom feeders. There is no joy in being a bottom feeder.
At any point of this game's life, people with unspeakable gear have been having fun in Campaign, in Reives, whatever.

I remember a guy 12 years ago who literally would play for his NPC fellow and nothing else and he was having the most fun ever.

The same way, I see people with minimum wage jobs being happy no matter how shitty the job is.

I don't know how old you are but you did play the age card earlier in this thread. This kind of comment you are making here is the kind of comment someone who is 16-25 would spew, someone who hasn't finished his studies and has absolutely no clue what the world is about. Someone who hasn't paid attention to life or even their parents/family.

If you are actually any older than that and you still believe this to be true, you have a deeper issue than just misjudging FFXI players. And we can't really help you with that, we can't slap reality into you through your modem.

That too. I personally find it amusing to hear people said their in game happiness came from getting 10 aeonics and endgame gears, and making friends is completely useless.

Because it's the other way around for Me. The entire purpose of playing is to make friends. Getting gear is just a common goal to build connections with people. I wonder how empty it feels to play a mmo just to get gears lol.

People in the middle are generally happiest, but those at the top are still better off than being bottom feeders. There is no joy in being a bottom feeder.

Don't know where this came from, it's mmo. You don't starve to death on the street as bottom feeder, and people that are top generally enjoy hardcore game play. So "people in the middle are happiest" makes no sense to me.
[+]
By mhomho 2018-12-15 13:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people play for the escape. It's not about the other players necessarily, but the break from reality.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-15 13:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
his post is like an exact yell weekdays 12-2pm cst on asura

Lol! this is exactly right!

someone before said it wasn't just the idiot yelling stupid stuff, but the 60 ppl yelling in reply!

Me, btw.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-12-15 15:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

To stay on topic: All I did was point out a wall of text. It was Kylos who set the subject of being accomplished. I am more than happy to compare literally any aspect of our lives but I really don't think it is necessary or relevant to the issue of not being concise.

Kylos is more accomplished in game, imo. And him, or his ls member probably feel the same way, that's all it matters.

At any point of this game's life, people with unspeakable gear have been having fun in Campaign, in Reives, whatever.

I remember a guy 12 years ago who literally would play for his NPC fellow and nothing else and he was having the most fun ever.

The same way, I see people with minimum wage jobs being happy no matter how shitty the job is.
How do you know they are having fun and not actually struggling to get better but lack the ability to do so? Or lack the intelligence to be aware of their position in the bigger picture?

That's a pretty simplified pov on what happiness is. One can be unhappy irl without money, that's for sure. No one would enjoy the life of constant staving or something.

That's not the case in game. The difference between a happy top tier player and a happy low end player is, one kill or merc hardest content with friends, and another one do SR with friends.

Assuming people that can't clear anything beyond SR isn't happy doesn't make a lot of sense.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-15 16:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean not really. He, who has more fake internet points, wins.

How you feel about it is irrelevant. Score onry.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-12-15 16:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you know they are having fun and not actually struggling to get better but lack the ability to do so? Or lack the intelligence to be aware of their position in the bigger picture?
Because you talk to people and they tell you what's what. I have minimum wage people in my company, some are unhappy because they want to gitgud, some are happy because having this very calm life of theirs is better than the ***they've been through before and so on, there are as many reasons and ways of seeing things as there are people.

You thought I was just guessing? Lol, so you really believe that people CAN'T be and AREN'T happy if they don't match your ideal of happiness. That's as childish as it get.

I don't know how old you are but you did play the age card earlier in this thread. This kind of comment you are making here is the kind of comment someone who is 16-25 would spew, someone who hasn't finished his studies and has absolutely no clue what the world is about. Someone who hasn't paid attention to life or even their parents/family.

If you are actually any older than that and you still believe this to be true, you have a deeper issue than just misjudging FFXI players. And we can't really help you with that, we can't slap reality into you through your modem.
I'm 30 and the question of age was in an entirely different context to the way which you have understood it. I have more than finished my studies, I am a Professor. I am also married and I have a wonderful baby so your unqualified internet psychologist persona has failed on every level.

I'm not asking for your help and it would be very difficult to be doing any better in my life.... Surely by interjecting yourself into a discussion which doesn't involve you and then deluding yourself into believing people need your help shows that you have some kind of psychological issue. It really makes me laugh when people play pseudo-intellectual on the internet and try to be degrading when they are so out of their depth.

To stay on topic: All I did was point out a wall of text. It was Kylos who set the subject of being accomplished. I am more than happy to compare literally any aspect of our lives but I really don't think it is necessary or relevant to the issue of not being concise.
I guess they don't ask professors to have any kind of reading comprehension nowadays.

This is a forum, if you don't want people to come into the discussion and make fun of you when you say stupid ***, then send him in private. You tried to act as a strong bully, arrogantly, thinking you were strong/superior and what not but your argument was laughable and you got laughed at.

You got told, twice, it's time to move on. Grow up and keep your real life justifications for people in real life. I can't even wipe my *** with it as it is. Professor, my sides, dude hops on a forum and gets schooled by literally anyone and he's like "this is like real life", "I'm a professor mang", get the *** out hahaha.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-12-15 16:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

talk about derail
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-15 16:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we move this to Asura /Yell where this kind of talk belongs?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-15 16:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura threads on this site are worse that actually being on Asura and seeing the yells.

[+]
By mhomho 2018-12-15 16:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Successfulness is society's measurement of the individual, while satisfaction is the self's measurement. You can be successful and unsatisfied just as you can be satisfied and unsuccessful. One doesn't equate the other. The individual decides the value of each.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-12-15 16:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess they don't ask professors to have any kind of reading comprehension nowadays.

This is a forum, if you don't want people to come into the discussion and make fun of you when you say stupid ***, then send him in private. You tried to act as a strong bully, arrogantly, thinking you were strong/superior and what not but your argument was laughable and you got laughed at.

You got told, twice, it's time to move on. Grow up and keep your real life justifications for people in real life. I can't even wipe my *** with it as it is. Professor, my sides, dude hops on a forum and gets schooled by literally anyone and he's like "this is like real life", "I'm a professor mang", get the *** out hahaha.
I can read perfectly well, perhaps you want to try and elaborate rather than simply spew personal attacks which show you are clearly frustrated due to your inferior intellect. (See, anyone can throw baseless insults, but it holds no value to the subject and is incredibly childish.)

I simply pointed out a wall of text. If you think that is being a bully then you are a very delicate snowflake. If you think responding to someone trying to bully someone by saying they have never accomplished anything then you are demonstrating a clear inability to read, or a severe lack of intelligence. It really dismays me to see the "supporting the underdog" mentality present on this forum. He attacked me, and I am more than happy to take up the challenge. That does not make me a bully.

I haven't "been told" by anyone. You raged and spewed some uneducated wannabe internet psychologist nonsense and got a reality check. Now you are raging and going on the offensive even harder. It's actually funny to see someone rile themselves up so much.
How can Diogenes be "supporting the underdog", that makes no sense haha.

"Uneducated" he said, you have some balls I'll admit, that or... no, you're a professor, that can't be.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-12-15 16:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, whatever keeps people away.
Like 'murica, We don't need anymore people.

Asura needs a wall, and Nasomi is gonna pay for it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-12-15 17:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How can Diogenes be "supporting the underdog", that makes no sense haha.

"Uneducated" he said, you have some balls I'll admit, that or... no, you're a professor, that can't be.
I'm referring to your support for Kylos, as if he is some kind of poor victim that I am just randomly "bullying". Nothing to do with Diogenes. The wall of text comment was made as forum banter, it's not my fault he took it so personally and went OTT in his response.

I don't see what "balls" have to do with the subject. You insinuated the subject of being uneducated and you got caught out of your depth. Swallow your pride and move on, making petty posts to try and save face isn't really contributing to the discussion. More than happy to discuss my analogy of MMOs reflecting life in PMs if you would like to stop shitting up this thread further trying to save face.
You still don't get it so I'll spell it out: I wasn't supporting him, I was making fun of your comment. Those are very different.

Then you went on to explain your deep thoughts about it (the topic, not Kylos), which are frankly out of touch with reality for the reasons explained above. That's all. There is literally nothing more to it.

You are clearly disconnected from the very people you speak of, so I was pointing out that because of this very fact, you should maybe rethink the value of your opinion. Usually, adults will take some time to reflect, assimilate the new information and add some nuance to their conclusion (in the event that they don't change their mind, they can still very well understand and accept the nuance).

You didn't do any of that. I don't know how to put it and it has honestly nothing to do with my own intelligence at all, it's all about what you said and how disconnected from reality or even FFXI community it is. If I called you an idiot and what not it was an exaggeration, obviously, but you clearly have not a single clue what reality or how people are.

Here, I think I explained everything clearly this time.
There is nothing I need to save face from, from the very beginning it has always been about you and only you. You may call it internet psychology/try to deflect it, or not, that's perfectly fine.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-15 17:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-12-15 18:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The wall of text comment was made as forum banter, it's not my fault

My turn with meme :D

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-15 18:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because they are easy to make doesn't make them necessary to own.

"REMA DD" is absolutely meaningless. #deadhorsebeat
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-15 19:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

How do I gold this
[+]
 Carbuncle.Makonnen
Server: Carbuncle
user: Numbahz
By Carbuncle.Makonnen 2018-12-15 23:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I will be moving to Asura next week to verify said issues, seems like where all the cool kids are, as per this post.

Returning player looking for LS on Asura?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-16 00:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-12-16 00:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone, would you say this is better or worse than the other recent dumb threads?
[+]
By volkom 2018-12-16 01:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg. I just got back from my company's xmas party. I'm too drunk for these memes. They're great
[+]
By Voren 2018-12-16 01:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP:

I came back to 11 a few months ago and followed a friend to Asura. This, like anything imo, is a "your experience may vary". Since returning I've:

Worked on BRD to have Ghorn, Daurdabla, and will eventually start the carnwehan. I've obtained Ochain90 on PLD, working on Aegis, maybe excal, will work on burtgang later. I've low geared THF, BLU, and PUP for solo farming. Trying to decide which DPS I want to gear.

In the end, I'll have PLD with Ochain90/Aegis/Burtgang, BRD with Ghorn/Daurdabla/Carnwehan, and a DPS with relic/mythic/empy of choice.

During my farming I've ran into a few douchebags, mainly in Dynamis, but a ran into a lot of really cool people. So far the ratio is 1 d-bag to 7 chill. Pretty damn good odds considering that's about the same Bismark was.

I was fortunate, though, to have someone already working on an endgame LS, but for the most part we're all still trying to gear up. If you're interested send me a /tell Vorenko and I'll pearl you in. Only thing we ask is to be versatile. Have your favorite job, and if it's not a support, at least be open to leveling and gearing COR/BRD/WHM/GEO. Don't necessarily need REMA, but it helps.

This is only my experience, this isn't a reflection of the entire server as I can't speak for anyone else.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-12-16 09:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

By mhomho 2018-12-16 10:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You just lost the game.
By kalimairo 2018-12-16 11:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Prime time asura yells in a nutshell