Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » TachiGekko
TachiGekko
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Yoldin
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Yoldin 2011-01-23 19:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone thinking about joining, don't bother with it unless you want to come to events and never lot.

Booted, ya I know LoL, but anyways booted for lotting on 4 items from freelot out of about 30 that went freelot over a 3 week time period.

Send PM if want details.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2011-01-23 19:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have titled the thread "Linkshell Warning TachiGekko," it confused me at first. I thought it was going to be a thread about the WS: Tachi: Gekko.
On top of that, (and I'm not trying to be an ***-inb4grammarnazi) but the way you worded your original post is confusing all on it's own. Try using this:

Shiva.Yoldin said:
For anyone thinking about joining this linkshell, don't bother, unless you want to come to events and never get the opportunity to lot.

I was booted for lotting on 4 items from a freelot pool out of about 30, these were things that went freelot over a 3 week time period.

If you want to know more about these douche bags send me a PM for more details.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-23 19:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Linkshells are the biggest scam in ffxi. Don't waste your time in any of them, unless it's like Nyzul/Assault groups. Lowman everything with friends >_> so much better.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Linkshells are the biggest scam in ffxi. Don't waste your time in any of them, unless it's like Nyzul/Assault groups. Lowman everything with friends >_> so much better.

*** sorry, try farming out empy weapons as fast as a LS can do it. Some people like being apart of a community/bigger group of friends instead of the same 2~3 all the time. Don't spout this nonsense.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-23 20:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This^ Don't need a linkshell for anything (that actually matters) now.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
*** sorry, try farming out empy weapons as fast as a LS can do it. Some people like being apart of a community/bigger group of friends instead of the same 2~3 all the time. Don't spout this nonsense.
And it'll be so much fun when you're farming for people you don't like, rather than getting emps for your 6 man group.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-23 20:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

He does have a point though. Since everything in Abyssea can be done with low numbers, some things lower than others, more people can actually be a bad thing, depending on what you're doing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-23 20:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
*** sorry, try farming out empy weapons as fast as a LS can do it.
Level 85 weapons are rate-limited by timed pop NMs, so no matter how many people you add a weapon can only be finished so quickly. Not to mention you don't have to complete as many since there's less people involved.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-23 20:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Sorry, the thing about linkshells is you get over worked for no gain. *** them and getting the leader an empyrean weapon.

And my group does farm empyrean weapons. In fact, we're in the canyon right now cleaving for ki for chloris and glavoid. I'd hardly count 6 ppl as a "linkshell"
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Level 85 weapons are rate-limited by timed pop NMs, so no matter how many people you add a weapon can only be finished so quickly. Not to mention you don't have to complete as many since there's less people involved.

Not when you can rotate people, few killing NM, few camping the spawn NM few farming gold/TE.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Sorry, the thing about linkshells is you get over worked for no gain. *** them and getting the leader an empyrean weapon.

And my group does farm empyrean weapons. In fact, we're in the canyon right now cleaving for ki for chloris and glavoid. I'd hardly count 6 ppl as a "linkshell"

I said as fast, not that you couldn't do it in a low man group. You were just in the wrong LS's, I have been apart of the same LS for years and I don't experience any of that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-23 20:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Not when you can rotate people, few killing NM, few camping the spawn NM few farming gold/TE.
Suck less and kill pop NMs between timed spawns? Keeping time up isn't hard either, send one person off to get TE chests at most.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
This^ Don't need a linkshell for anything (that actually matters) now.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
And it'll be so much fun when you're farming for people you don't like, rather than getting emps for your 6 man group.

Can finish them a lot faster than your 6 man group.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Suck less and kill pop NMs between timed spawns? Keeping time up isn't hard either, send one person off to get TE chests at most.

That isn't always possible, sometimes you want to proc grellow for people that still need the +2 items, you might not always make it back in time etc. Some of the paths require more than just the timed spawn NM, can have a group farming a set each individually. Don't argue that a low man group of 6 can complete a weapon faster than an ls of 12~ish, because you are wrong.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-23 20:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet you're pretty high up in botd too. Watch me join then get an empyrean weapons.

i made myself lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-23 20:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
That isn't always possible, sometimes you want to proc grellow for people that still need the +2 items,
You're doing 30+ pops per weapon, not really something worth worrying about.

Quote:
Some of the paths require more than just the timed spawn NM, can have a group farming a set each individually.
Or you could suck less and kill pop NMs between timed pops. Having a dedicated group at a timed pop NM is a waste, unless you seriously take more than 10 minutes to pop and kill a NM...?

Quote:
Don't argue that a low man group of 6 can complete a weapon faster than an ls of 12~ish, because you are wrong.
I didn't say that, only that you can only increase completion speed so much and that smaller groups benefit from having to complete fewer weapons.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We only schedule one~two nights a week for empy weapon farms, we don't farm them out hardcore, mostly because not a lot of people are on the stage requiring the items. Rest of the nights people get others in LS to come and help and we finish whatever people need. It isn't always about getting items, you really miss out on the community aspect of this game don't you? Which wouldn't suprise me considering you always buy ***instead of working w/people.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
That isn't always possible, sometimes you want to proc grellow for people that still need the +2 items,
You're doing 30+ pops per weapon, not really something worth worrying about.

Quote:
Some of the paths require more than just the timed spawn NM, can have a group farming a set each individually.
Or you could suck less and kill pop NMs between timed pops. Having a dedicated group at a timed pop NM is a waste.

Quote:
Don't argue that a low man group of 6 can complete a weapon faster than an ls of 12~ish, because you are wrong.
I didn't say that, only that you can only increase completion speed so much and that smaller groups benefit from having to complete fewer weapons.

You miss the fact I said some NM's don't require only two pops? You must be thinking of specifically Heqet/CC because others require a ton of KI that can be obtained much faster with a dedicated group. One group farming the pop NM and timed while the other is actually killing the main NM is more efficient than what you are suggesting.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-23 20:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
We only schedule one~two nights a week for empy weapon farms, we don't farm them out hardcore, mostly because not a lot of people are on the stage requiring the items. Rest of the nights people get others in LS to come and help and we finish whatever people need. It isn't always about getting items, you really miss out on the community aspect of this game don't you? Which wouldn't suprise me considering you always buy ***instead of working w/people.

I do work with people lol, I find it fun getting ***for people that I actually like; for example what I'm doing right now. Most people on this game are trash, I'll say it outright.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, maybe a LS doesn't work for you. Being greedy and self centered hinders that a bit, but to blatantly call it a scam and a waste of time is silly.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-23 20:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

Well, on an individual weapon basis, a ls can do an emp faster, but that's provided they're even working on yours. The more people, the more people you have to wait behind. i finished my emp in 2 and a half weeks. Sure it's not the 2-3 days a ls can crank one out in, but keep in mind 80% of it wasn't even low manned, it was straight up dual boxed and one of the 2 mobs being a tahrongi canyon one.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-23 20:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You miss the fact I said some NM's don't require only two pops? You must be thinking of specifically Heqet/CC
Nope.

Quote:
One group farming the pop NM and timed while the other is actually killing the main NM is more efficient than what you are suggesting.
Considering you have a 10 minute window, is burning down two force pop NMs (1-3 min each) and the T2 NM (maybe 5?) between windows really so implausible? Not to mention you'll frequently have competition, allowing you to stock up on KIs/pop NMs should you lose claim.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-23 20:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a leaders *** also helps you get the ***you want. But that just doesnt work for me draylo :< Funny you call me greedy too, considering whm/blm prolly has the least gear to get out of "endgame" (pre abyssea, when I was in linkshells) You're just mad that I'm calling your system HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when it really is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you even arguing? That a bigger group won't complete a weapon faster, or at best marginally, than a small group? Sorry but try doing certain stages, such as briarius, faster than my group when we hold 3 KI each vs a small group. There is nothing to argue, a bigger group = faster weapon.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 20:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a leaders *** also helps you get the ***you want. But that just doesnt work for me draylo :< Funny you call me greedy too, considering whm/blm prolly has the least gear to get out of "endgame" (pre abyssea, when I was in linkshells) You're just mad that I'm calling your system HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when it really is.

It's only HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because you joined the wrong ones.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-23 20:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
What are you even arguing? That a bigger group won't complete a weapon faster, or at best marginally, than a small group? Sorry but try doing certain stages, such as briarius, faster than my group when we hold 3 KI each vs a small group. There is nothing to argue, a bigger group = faster weapon.
Individual weapon yes. But the bigger the group, the more ppl you have to wait behind to get yours.

Let's say you start a 10 man static for emps. The last person wants vereth.

I start dual box at the same time you guys start. I'll have my vereth before he does.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-23 20:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk youre the one that starting bitching at me about my opinion. Sure it's faster FOR ONE PERSON with a bigger group, but I don't work that way. Let's see how many of those people get burned out before it comes to "their turn".
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-01-23 20:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

A bigger group = 1 faster weapon yes. A bigger group also = slow completion for your personal weapon. A 6 man group can complete 6 emps much faster than a 12-18 man ls completing 12-18 weapons. sure you get the community aspect to it but who really wants wants to sit in their ls grinding for a pat on the back. Just sounds boring to me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-23 20:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

THere is no way your 12 man ls can get everyone an empyrean weapon as fast as a 6 or even 4 man group.

But yeah they can get a single one faster. ***I'm trioing right now for kannagi and armageddon and we average like 30 min per trophy gotten... granted things will change a little when we get to next stage but meh. It's even faster when we buy pops
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-01-23 20:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is your manthra the same as my manthra!
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-01-23 20:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

your the doppelganger in this case. Had this avatar as long as i can remember
First Page 2 3 4 5 6