Aww it's cute, he still uses a LS website and everything~
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-02-08 17:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
We have a points system for outside of abyssea which we rarely do anymore, inside we use a priority system. Try harder.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-08 17:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
We have a points system for outside of abyssea which we rarely do anymore, inside we use a priority system. Try harder.

OMG you got me, lololol jeepers, I thought I had you!!!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-08 17:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Aww it's cute, he still uses a LS website and everything~

Damn right.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-08 17:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I wouldn't worry about this Gylfie, it's just something Draylo does when he can't refute a point. He turns on retard mode. (Well more retard mode)
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-02-08 17:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I wouldn't worry about this Gylfie, it's just something Draylo does when he can't refute a point. He turns on retard mode. (Well more retard mode)
It's okay, I got this.

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-08 17:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no point to refute, no points are used for Abyssea. If you looked harder (like at the first page!) you would notice we use priorities for Abyssea, so again try harder.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-02-08 17:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
There is no point to refute, no points are used for Abyssea. If you looked harder (like at the first page!) you would notice we use priorities for Abyssea, so again try harder.
k.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-08 17:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

It's okay, I got this.

Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-08 17:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yeah?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-08 17:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, butt breath.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 17:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
You seem to not consider your biased statements considering you're a sackholder. I could careless what flavor jam you use on your LS leader's ***, but to state being in a bigger LS is better than lowmanning is purely idiotic. You have 17 drones eating the cheese under your nuts to help you get an empyrean in 2-3 days, while they have to wait months before being able to. Let me guess, you guys still use a point system, too? Tired *** flooded points from 2 years ago that have no relevance of the events of now which allow you to get geared first?

lol, I'm just not stupid enough to ever get 'butthurt' from an ex-LS, I don't turn my cheek when I see fishy ***.

I have an LS, I don't make people slave to get me ***I look at it as a family we all help each other get cool ***. I do agree there are many different Linkshells that operate in that way but to assume all Linkshells do is ignorant.

Yea we can low-man most of the stuff we do but that would be the selfish thing to do people would be left behind. I do everything in my power to make sure people are continually progressing and moving forward. What's so nice about Abyssea compared to old end game ***is EVERYONE can progress constantly and at the same time where as in other end game events a large group of people would work together to help 1 person progress at a time.

Only reason we use points is to protect people, +1s and +2s are practically free it's just a point system to make sure 1 person is not getting all the cool drops i.e. a leader who gets all his ***first.

Additionally, it's just nice to play with a cool group of people. It helps keep people motivated and provides people who are less likely to go out and do these types of activities on their own the chance to get cool ***.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-08 17:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
You seem to not consider your biased statements considering you're a sackholder. I could careless what flavor jam you use on your LS leader's ***, but to state being in a bigger LS is better than lowmanning is purely idiotic. You have 17 drones eating the cheese under your nuts to help you get an empyrean in 2-3 days, while they have to wait months before being able to. Let me guess, you guys still use a point system, too? Tired *** flooded points from 2 years ago that have no relevance of the events of now which allow you to get geared first?

lol, I'm just not stupid enough to ever get 'butthurt' from an ex-LS, I don't turn my cheek when I see fishy ***.

I have an LS, I don't make people slave to get me ***I look at it as a family we all help each other get cool ***. I do agree there are many different Linkshells that operate in that way but to assume all Linkshells do is ignorant.

Yea we can low-man most of the stuff we do but that would be the selfish thing to do people would be left behind. I do everything in my power to make sure people are continually progressing and moving forward. What's so nice about Abyssea compared to old end game ***is EVERYONE can progress constantly where as in other end game events a large group of people would work together to help 1 person progress at a time.

Only reason we use points is to protect people, +1s and +2s are practically free it's just a point system to make sure 1 person is not getting all the cool drops i.e. a leader who gets all his ***first.

Wow some intelligent posts, I'm surprised.

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-08 17:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yeah, butt breath.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-08 17:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yeah, butt breath.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 17:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
What's so nice about Abyssea compared to old end game ***is EVERYONE can progress constantly and at the same time where as in other end game events a large group of people would work together to help 1 person progress at a time.

To further touch up on the following. Back in the day people would finally get the 1 thing they needed and it would create this gap of what they want/desire and what they already got. In Abyssea you are constantly getting new ***, if you don't want to keep getting new ***then you can leave the LS or not attend events, it's not going to really hurt the LS because like everyone has mentioned ***can be low manned.

The thing is not many people just want 1 thing in Abyssea everyone wants a ton of ***so of course they are inclined to keep coming back. The points just keep favoritism aspect out of the picture and protects each individual.

When my LS started we had a giant check list of all the things that would make our entire LS stronger as individuals and as a group and that is what we focused on. Getting the big named atmas, getting zone boss clears, killing caturaes. Not every single player in this game is a die hard player with the luxury of being able to play 8+ hours a day so it's nice having a group that can help go through those checklists etc. contrary to the mass opinions of FFXIAH.com forums not every single player got RR the day Scars came out of killed Shinryu the day Heroes was released.

P.S. I'm not knocking anyone who doesn't have an LS for Abyssea ***, I really don't give a ***if you do or not. But I do have a problem is someone is going to assume all Linkshells or all LS leaders (specifically mine) are just some type of scam or have zombie slaves working to help only leaders.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-02-08 18:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I love when Draylo gets in a "fight"
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-02-08 18:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
What's so nice about Abyssea compared to old end game ***is EVERYONE can progress constantly and at the same time where as in other end game events a large group of people would work together to help 1 person progress at a time.

How do big linkshells handle Empyrean weapons, especially the ones that don't use points in Abyssea? Are they all going to sack holders, or is there some safeguard in place to keep things fair across the members?

For example, Draylo has spent a lot of time saying how quick and easy a large shell can get Empyrean weapons for members, but going by the loot listed on the site only he and ls shell holder have received one. In their last two listed events in Empyrean zones, 10/13 drops went to sacks, although it does show that they are slowly doing Empyreans for other members, although judging by the number of listed drops and raid zones it's being done very slowly.

I'm not calling out big shells, I'm in one myself, although I do my Empyrean farming lowman with friends. I just don't really see large shells in Abyssea as being any more beneficial for the majority of members than they were in the days Dyna or Ein.

If you want to complete the big stuff in a full ls only, it will be at the expense of members lower on the totem pole. If you want to help everyone in a large ls, you can't keep pace with a lowman group at completing the big stuff and accommodate leeches. If you lowman only, you can get the best of both worlds but lose the benefits of a larger community you get in a LS.

I don't understand why so many people in this thread there needs to be a clear split between the two styles of play, when can do both and still remain efficient.

Edit: This isn't trying to call you out or anything Tweeek, you actually had one of the most reasonable posts in several pages. Your comment just caught my eye when I refreshed the page.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
Server: Cerberus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-02-08 18:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cute and all. However, we weren't talking about LOL+1 +2 AF, since you hit a surplus when farming for weapons anyway. The subject was and will probably always be about Empyrean weapons since they are the new bandwagon for the majority of players who could never get close enough to a relic.

All Draylo was spewing was hypocrisy. Of course he's one of the satisfied because
Asura.Solara said:
but going by the loot listed on the site only he and ls shell holder have received one

Frankly, no one called out on Tweeek. Congratulations your Social LS you're running is finally going places in a well-governed manner.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 18:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

How do big linkshells handle Empyrean weapons, especially the ones that don't use points in Abyssea? Are they all going to sack holders, or is there some safeguard in place to keep things fair across the members?

For example, Draylo has spent a lot of time saying how quick and easy a large shell can get Empyrean weapons for members, but going by the loot listed on the site only he and ls shell holder have received one. In their last two listed events in Empyrean zones, 10/13 drops went to sacks, although it does show that they are slowly doing Empyreans for other members, although judging by the number of listed drops and raid zones it's being done very slowly.

I'm not calling out big shells, I'm in one myself, although I do my Empyrean farming lowman with friends. I just don't really see large shells in Abyssea as being any more beneficial for the majority of members than they were in the days Dyna or Ein.

If you want to complete the big stuff in a full ls only, it will be at the expense of members lower on the totem pole. If you want to help everyone in a large ls, you can't keep pace with a lowman group at completing the big stuff and accommodate leeches. If you lowman only, you can get the best of both worlds but lose the benefits of a larger community you get in a LS.

I don't understand why so many people in this thread there needs to be a clear split between the two styles of play, when can do both and still remain efficient.

Edit: This isn't trying to call you out or anything Tweeek, you actually had one of the most reasonable posts in several pages. Your comment just caught my eye when I refreshed the page.

Personally my LS has not worked on empy weapons and I agree that lowman would be easier to handle. I also am not sure I would consider my LS big but I think it would get messy with that many empy weapons going on at once (10+) especially when it's more difficult to keep a larger amount of people accountable and in the case of empy weapon upgrades I personally believe someone should be held more accountable.

This has crossed my mind though even with something like a group of 5 people how to best handle what is worked on first and in what order. In my opinion it would be best to work horizontally i.e.

NIN
MNK
WAR
BLU
THF

Rather than upgrade the NIN first to -> 85/90 perhaps upgrade 1 job to 80 then the next job to 80 until all 5 members have hit 80. Then get all jobs to 85 and then all jobs 90. In a way you could scale this larger but you police attendance and accountability you would want to make sure people are not just showing up for their days exclusively.

I still think it would be best to split into smaller groups for empy weapons maybe if the LS normally had 5 runs a week but more people feel they should focus more on empy weapons over equip / seals / +2 items then drop it down to 3 big runs and it will free up 2 days for people to pursue smaller group events to work on empy weapons. I do think my LS will hit this cross road some time I know some individual members are already working on their empy weapons I wish I had enough IRL time to do the same myself but I just don't.

Right now people are pretty happy (to the best of my knowledge) with getting equip drops, Seals/+2 items. We split our 3 runs a week into different days to focus on different things. 1 Day for farming KIs, 1 day for getting seals/+2 items (with the KIs we farmed) and the last day for equip drops that people declare they would like (Loki's for all!)

Keep in mind we only just (a few weeks ago) unlocked Shinryu access before that we had been pretty focused on intially getting strong atmas, then killing zone bosses then killing the cats. The further we went along the easier the road got. When we split into 2 parties and go seal hunting we are so much more effective than we once were back in the days when we had no atmas.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-02-08 18:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So, your ls doesn't focus on emp weapons. You guys seem fairly new. Lacking lots of +2 it seems.

Hm, ok.

Well Lv80 Emp weapons are just the weapons and not the ws so finishing one greatly increases the speed of kills. Just throwing that out there.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 18:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
LOL+1 +2 AF

Wow, you're so cool I look up to you so much I wish I had as much free time as you so I could look down on others who are still upgrading AF3 gear.

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
Frankly, no one called out on Tweeek. Congratulations your Social LS you're running is finally going places in a well-governed manner.

lol, sad attempt of an insult but it's w/e I'm not even mad. The LS is specifically for events just because our events aren't as cool as yours or we aren't as hardcore as you doesn't mean it's a social LS. If this is truly a concept you're unable to understand let me know we can take it offline.

Keep in mind Deadmaus, having 16x jobs @ lvl 90 does not make you better than anyone else. Congratulations on your ability to play for longer durations than others there truly is a piece of me that is jealous of the free time you are able to dedicate to the game but make no mistake that time spent playing has nothing to do with skill or making someone better you can check that garbage attitude at the door.

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
So, your ls doesn't focus on emp weapons. You guys seem fairly new. Lacking lots of +2 it seems.

Yea I've mentioned this, the LS didn't have it's first run until around December and no where would I ever claim otherwise. Like I said we only just unlocked Shinryu access, for only a few hours a night for 3x a week imo we went along at an alright pace, when others talk down on people for accomplishing things before me/my friends I find it absurd because it really is nothing more than a time issue in 95% of the cases.

***I hadn't even come back to the game from a 2 year hiatus until around September.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-08 18:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

We only spend two days on empy weapons and other days are done for af3+2 main focus and free days. The reason we have our empy weapons is because we are the first ones to get it to the stage where we needed the actual items. We got our weapons in two days time each. It's been the same core group farming empy weapons on mon/tues and we are now working on another members h2h, the empy farms aren't even mandatory. The loot list is updated sporadically by the leader, it doesn't automatically update every time someone gets an item. We have completed a ton of +2 sets for people and it isn't just the leadership obtaining items.

Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-08 18:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadmaus isn't even worth responding too. That guy has been so butthurt by a previous LS he doesn't even know the ***he spews from his fingertips.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-08 18:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Asura.Solara said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Personally my LS has not worked on empy weapons and I agree that lowman would be easier to handle. I also am not sure I would consider my LS big but I think it would get messy with that many empy weapons going on at once (10+) especially when it's more difficult to keep a larger amount of people accountable and in the case of empy weapon upgrades I personally believe someone should be held more accountable.

This has crossed my mind though even with something like a group of 5 people how to best handle what is worked on first and in what order. In my opinion it would be best to work horizontally i.e.

NIN
MNK
WAR
BLU
THF

Rather than upgrade the NIN first to -> 85/90 perhaps upgrade 1 job to 80 then the next job to 80 until all 5 members have hit 80. Then get all jobs to 85 and then all jobs 90. In a way you could scale this larger but you police attendance and accountability you would want to make sure people are not just showing up for their days exclusively.

I still think it would be best to split into smaller groups for empy weapons maybe if the LS normally had 5 runs a week but more people feel they should focus more on empy weapons over equip / seals / +2 items then drop it down to 3 big runs and it will free up 2 days for people to pursue smaller group events to work on empy weapons. I do think my LS will hit this cross road some time I know some individual members are already working on their empy weapons I wish I had enough IRL time to do the same myself but I just don't.

Right now people are pretty happy (to the best of my knowledge) with getting equip drops, Seals/+2 items. We split our 3 runs a week into different days to focus on different things. 1 Day for farming KIs, 1 day for getting seals/+2 items (with the KIs we farmed) and the last day for equip drops that people declare they would like (Loki's for all!)

Keep in mind we only just (a few weeks ago) unlocked Shinryu access before that we had been pretty focused on intially getting strong atmas, then killing zone bosses then killing the cats. The further we went along the easier the road got. When we split into 2 parties and go seal hunting we are so much more effective than we once were back in the days when we had no atmas.

if it's a small group of people who aren't that close, then it would be best to do it slowly, yeah. if it's a group of friends, personally i would do nin to 85 first. relatively fast (depending on how crowded it is), and the ws + aftermath makes everything else faster. suggested nin over blu because nin has more utility. after that you could either do another briareus/sobek (blu) or start cleaving tahrongi for mnk/war.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-02-08 18:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Cerberus.Deadmaus said:
LOL+1 +2 AF

Wow, you're so cool I look up to you so much I wish I had as much free time as you so I could look down on others who are still upgrading AF3 gear.

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:

lol, sad attempt of an insult but it's w/e I'm not even mad. The LS is specifically for events just because our events aren't as cool as yours or we aren't as hardcore as you doesn't mean it's a social LS. If this is truly a concept you're unable to understand let me know we can take it offline.

Keep in mind Deadmaus, having 16x jobs @ lvl 90 does not make you better than anyone else. Congratulations on your ability to play for longer durations than others there truly is a piece of me that is jealous of the free time you are able to dedicate to the game but make no mistake that time spent playing has nothing to do with skill or making someone better you can check that garbage attitude at the door.
Ok, I'll slowly but surely break down your plate of garbage.

Free time as me? We do events for 1-2 hrs tops. Not including weekends because I'm almost never home (the joys of doing things with 3-4 people rather than 18 you get ***faster).

Keep in mind Deadmaus, having 16x jobs @ lvl 90

Where did I ever bring up my character, period? Not once did I state my gear or jobs leveled. Understanding how to utilize your time doesn't mean I have more or less of it. Since you seem like the type that'll waste your playtime scheduling Tea Parties @ Aht Urghan I can help you understand time efficiency better "offline."

Trying to come in here like Captain Nobility spewing garbage *** opinions you're not even apart of. Should spend less time in this thread and maybe you'll get somewhere in this game instead of crying about your lack of "free time."
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 18:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadmaus said:

Ok, I'll slowly but surely break down your plate of garbage.

Free time as me? We do events for 1-2 hrs tops. Not including weekends because I'm almost never home (the joys of doing things with 3-4 people rather than 18 you get ***faster).

Keep in mind Deadmaus, having 16x jobs @ lvl 90

Where did I ever bring up my character, period? Not once did I state my gear or jobs leveled. Understanding how to utilize your time doesn't mean I have more or less of it. Since you seem like the type that'll waste your playtime scheduling Tea Parties @ Aht Urghan I can help you understand time efficiency better "offline."

Trying to come in here like Captain Nobility spewing garbage *** opinions you're not even apart of. Should spend less time in this thread and maybe you'll get somewhere in this game instead of crying about your lack of "free time."

You're ranked 51 on a large server, it's not a secret that you have spent a great deal of time on this game. I don't give a ***how optimal you spend your time unless you are some genius that figured out some secret backdoor it's safe to assume to spend more time on this game than the average user. Deny this more it's pretty amusing.

Either way I didn't realize this was primarily about empy weapon upgrade LS etc. so maybe none of my posts even had a shred of relevance, for that I apologize and will move along.

Also I guess the WS factor @85 is a good point I just hate the possibility of people getting burned. There are people out there that would quit helping others once their ***got to the level if they had to look at helping 4+ other people for a long period of time before they would ever if ever get anything out of it.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-02-08 19:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Deadmaus isn't even worth responding too. That guy has been so butthurt by a previous LS he doesn't even know the ***he spews from his fingertips.
Wait you're back from being in Retard Mode?

nevermind I'll reply for you.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-08 19:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Either way I didn't realize this was primarily about empy weapon upgrade LS etc. so maybe none of my posts even had a shred of relevance, for that I apologize and will move along.

Also I guess the WS factor @85 is a good point I just hate the possibility of people getting burned. There are people out there that would quit helping others once their ***got to the level if they had to look at helping 4+ other people for a long period of time before they would ever if ever get anything out of it.

yeah i know, i totally agree if you don't fully trust the people you're with. but if you do, then doing 85s speeds it up.
By RajwaChan 2011-02-08 19:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Rajwa and Bullwinkle were awesome, never associated much with Summoneryuna when I was in PPE.

I'm sorry, but I'm STILL awesome :/. And you might have me and Yuna mixed up, I was the bitchy *** that bitched like a ***, Yuna usually was quiet (at least in LS chat). But we share accounts so it may have been confusing. I'm also the nerdy math one, so any math ***was me.

This thread looks like it got off track. Let me try to bring this back on track. Here are some of my favorite BDB (TachiGekko leader) moments.

1) He calls BlueGartr forum a place for geeks and math nerds. Claims he is better than the "math nerds" but use to wear Ace's Helm over Wturban.

2) Every other day me and some friends would SMN burn. BDB would constantly *** about SMN burners, claiming they were almost as bad as RMT. Then he claims that SMN burns were only for noobs who cant play jobs. The biggest irony is he started after TOAU release, while I been playing since NA release. TOAU is to Pre-TOAU, as SMN burn is to TOAU. Further he had absolutely no problem with abyssea which is even faster than SMN burn and produced much more noobs.

3) Claims anyone (including African-americans) who use the N-word are ignorant and disgusting, which I would agree with. But the irony is his favorite artist was Tupac. I don't listen to much rap/hip-hop but I am sure Tupac has said it a few times.

4) Said Hagun was such a good GKT that even Amano users still use it.

Anyway, have fun, glad to see the drama can still live on!