Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » More QQ about abyssea~
More QQ about abyssea~
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-09-06 16:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What is everyone's opinion on the drops from chest in an xp party in abyssea? Should these key *** get to keep the loot or the leaders of the parties/alliances? Seems lately that all these mf leaders want to tell party members that there lucky they got a party and shut up and forget about the loot. I see some of these mf's getting 500-1000k worth of drops a party while others get nothing. Is this ok? Do the leaders have a right to the drops?
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-06 16:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

every man for himself, carry keys with you and ninja every box you can
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-06 16:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are bothered about the drops, ask about the lotting system before going to pt.

If you don't like how they handle loot, don't join.

Honestly its been like this forever. I.e, Nyzul Isle, leaders generally choose the lotting system, and you join up knowing what you can and cannot lot. Also, BCNMs, share loot or YOYD.

It's only really annoying if they say they're going to share loot, then keep for themselves.

TL;DR
It's their party, don't like it? Don't join.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-06 16:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The keywhores should get it.
They are spending their cruor on keys while it could be used to buy gear and npced for gil.
and /randoming a 20k item or bitching you didnt get something when you wanted exp is just dumb.
[+]
By Whizzkid90 2010-09-06 16:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You join the party for exp at the end of the day, if the leader decides to let people random for items that's fine but otherwise just focus on doing your job and get exp
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-06 16:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
They are spending their cruor on keys while it could be used to buy gear and npced for gil.
and /randoming a 20k item or bitching you didnt get something when you wanted exp is just dumb.

I agree to a certain extent, however I think that reason is a tad bit ridiculous. If they were given x amount of items to cover expenses from cruor, sure. But you get a hell of a lot more gil from drops than from the cruor spent. Honestly though, most of the time the chest *** is leader or a friend of the leader, and if they're leading the pt they have the right to choose whats going to who.

FYI: I don't go around loot-whoring before ya'll start getting pissy. I generally go with lotting scrolls if you have the job, free lot on the augmented items and whoever is leading gets crafting mats.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-06 16:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't give a crap about the items unless it's a good augmented item. I go for the exp and if I want gil, I'll npc the abyssea gear. I hate when people stand around checking every *** chest (when it's not a brown one) instead of fighting and letting key person do it.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-09-06 16:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i saw this ***comin lolz...
no one will give a ***in some months when everythin will be 10k...

and *** YOU to every mages who spend 100k buyin stupid scroll they should had priority...
[+]
 Bahamut.Jobice
Server: Bahamut
user: Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-09-06 16:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the parties I've attended the "chest ***" gets to keep items >20k gil and anything over that gets /randomed. I dont care for parties that the leader or key holder gets to keep all the items. Yes I join for exp but I also join knowing that the leader and most of his friends will be leeching in the process. The leech spot is beneficial enough without being paid for it also. I always ask before I join a party if items will be randomed and if not I dont join and they dont get their desperately needed BLM.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 16:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think since some of those crafting materails go for a few hundred k still if i'm not mistaken, they should ALL be randomed out...I think its unfair a lvl 50 chest leech gets a few hundred k in gil just for doing absolutely nothing. I was in an abyssea party on 80 blu and i was able to heal my party, DD with a few spells per mob AND do chests all at the same time... its not that hard! its senseless to have a lvl 50 leech to just handle chests ><
[+]
By Krionin 2010-09-06 16:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have only done abyssea parties where they are free lot and key people only go because they want to get exp on low level jobs, that would offer little to no help to the party otherwise. And there is almost nothing for cruor that is worth anything anyway and in an ok party you will get over 40k cruor. I may be wrong but that is just how I view it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-06 16:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's a scroll that someone in alliance can use, right there, then goes to them.

If etc, then /random is the most fair. People getting boxes that are spending cruor, usually are under leveled, and couldn't do anything else in abyssea. so they dont have a priority, they are lucky they are getting 60k+ /hr on a low level job.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-09-06 17:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-06 17:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously stuff it, bring keys with yourself and ninja stuff and ruin your rep, it's not your party so it's none of your business who gets what.
 Leviathan.Eburo
Server: Leviathan
user: Stephano
By Leviathan.Eburo 2010-09-06 17:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Xarchangel said:
What is everyone's opinion on the drops from chest in an xp party in abyssea? Should these key *** get to keep the loot or the leaders of the parties/alliances? Seems lately that all these mf leaders want to tell party members that there lucky they got a party and shut up and forget about the loot. I see some of these mf's getting 500-1000k worth of drops a party while others get nothing. Is this ok? Do the leaders have a right to the drops?

Actually, I was in a phenominal 4-hour Abyssea party last night, and well... I only made around 90k in drops. I highly doubt that they're making 1mil.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-06 17:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:

Try thinking about this, You say stop your bitching.. the Key *** should get the drops, and any other person who gets invited is just lucky enough to get exp.. WTF??

You bought keys, big deal! You wouldn't be able to open those crates, if you didn't get invite, so your loss as well.

I wouldn't *** about your loss either, but my point & yours crosses each other out.

Maybe perhaps Ill do the latter, I'll bring keys and ninja the f'n boxes. EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-09-06 17:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:

Lu for president.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-09-06 17:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

Try thinking about this, You say stop your bitching.. the Key *** should get the drops, and any other person who gets invited is just lucky enough to get exp.. WTF??

You bought keys, big deal! You wouldn't be able to open those crates, if you didn't get invite, so your loss as well.

I wouldn't *** about your loss either, but my point & yours crosses each other out.

well if you want it that way, then ur lucky that you have someone being keybitch at all, w/o Keybitch your party wouldnt last longer than 120mins and thats if u enter w/ capped time >.>;

tldr; your point = no point.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-09-06 17:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't care less about gil items in abyssea chests. I'm there for the exp (and maybe some skillups :D ).
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-06 17:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
I couldn't care less about gil items in abyssea chests. I'm there for the exp (and maybe some skillups :D ).

This

Only drops I've ever got from aby in the past few weeks is Stone 5 & water 5 & they were both free lot for any BLM in entire alli. I'm just happy to get 20merits a day..
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-06 18:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Asura.Tamoa said:

This

Only drops I've ever got from aby in the past few weeks is Stone 5 & water 5 & they were both free lot for any BLM in entire alli. I'm just happy to get 20merits a day..

I'm all for exp , hell I think that is the main point of being there! XD

..but the small little sharp pain in my ***, is that why not make a lil gil on the side, or pass something that might help someone.

No need to be onry lil ***, imo, really? is it necessary?

=/
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-06 18:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
^^ I agree not to mention that when i join someones abyssea pt i get invite then go afk till we ready to roll, the leader has to sit there /sh and organize and invite ppl. they should get drops but i started a topic about this same thing cause i got in a fight with ppl saying that i should /random them, and when i posted this topic i got Flamed for not /randoming the items and keeping them for my self, so since then i dont make pt's any more i just join others then go afk till we ready to go . Oh and i still get the same reward's as if i where to lead. That is a Win/Win for me.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-06 18:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So far most invites I go to , they are /random treasure drops.

Usually the key *** does the /randoming for the whole party, and tells that person to get their loot.

leaders look after the party, and when ppl go, usually ask the person leaving if they have a rep in cue, and then the leaders decide if the job is valid enough, ( or if they need job specific enough for party)

I think that's about it?
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-06 18:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to post again here cause this topic realy gets to me and i will prolly get flamed again but w/e

Why Should PPL That Put The PT Together Get The Same Rewards As PPL Who Get To AFK Till PT Is Ready.

doesn't matter if its not hard to /sh or put pt together or organize it is still time consuming and takes more effort so u should get Rewarded Thats all im gonna say
[+]
By Randomguy 2010-09-06 18:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-06 18:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk never really had a problem with people randoming for stuff...

then again I usually blist *** as soon as I meet them so don't really pt with them lol
[+]
 Sylph.Kaiye
Server: Sylph
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-06 19:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not hard for someone to make an abyssea pt, everyone wants xp, if they are having trouble making one it's cause they suck. Pricey items should be randomed for it seems fair since you have people killing the mobs that drop these chests x; lesser items should go to pt leaders, you can make a decent amount of gil off of npcing or being patient with the AH.

As for key *** getting items, these people choose to be keyers :/ they already do absolutely no work, so why should they get claim to items.

I've yet to have a problem with this though, luckily most people are courteous and believe in fairness. ^_^y bet I get rated down!
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-06 19:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea
Sylph.Kaiye said:
Its not hard for someone to make an abyssea pt, everyone wants xp, if they are having trouble making one it's cause they suck. Pricey items should be randomed for it seems fair since you have people killing the mobs that drop these chests x; lesser items should go to pt leaders, you can make a decent amount of gil off of npcing or being patient with the AH.

As for key *** getting items, these people choose to be keyers :/ they already do absolutely no work, so why should they get claim to items.

I've yet to have a problem with this though, luckily most people are courteous and believe in fairness. ^_^y bet I get rated down!
fairness is u relying on other ppl to make pt and then u get same rewards. Sounds real fair
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-06 19:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kaiye said:

I believe it is unfair to say the chest *** do 'no' work.

Really.. what is this all-so-mighty-work everyone else is doing? Honestly grinding xp is EASY and we all know it. The only reason it could be classed as 'work' is because it's tedious, which chest whoring is also..

Another thing - especially when it comes to DD - You can slack off a bit and sometimes people even fully AFK without being noticed.. But if you're chest whoring, you have to be on the ball all the time once the pt's picked up, because if those chests aren't getting opened people will most definately notice. You also have to put up with all the people whining about lots, trying to ninja ***, shouting about its unfair 1 guy won 3 scrolls & deal with the people looking in chests instead of fighting screaming "HEY OPEN THIS ONE IT HAS EXPZ IN EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET"

Maybe I'm going over-board but meh.. annoys me when people complain about low levels chest-whoring. There is no way whatsoever someone could be doing a job role to its full extent (Or even half really..) while keeping track on ALL chests alone, plus it's nice to let someone get their job up quickly, especially with how slow pt's are these days. Most the people who *** are probably just jealous because they're grinding up in MMM or whatever.

Inb4 rate down for calling half of ya'll jealous
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-06 19:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Yea
Sylph.Kaiye said:

fairness is u relying on other ppl to make pt and then u get same rewards. Sounds real fair

You seem to be forgetting that the leader is already getting something. They 99/100 times are the person bringing their low level job to be the key ***. You honestly think they were gonna get a pty outside of abyssea? LOL k gl w/that. The people in their alliance are power leveling them! You don't consider getting a bunch of free levels as something?

Oh and also anyone who says key *** is tough, you are completely out of your mind. You trade a key to a box and it opens. Congratulations you just passed kindergarten.

The leaders reward is getting their low level job power leveled. The rest of the alliance is actually doing something to earn their levels and merits! So their reward is being able to /random on the drops. Cause if they weren't around your level 30 mnk would be sitting on its *** in its moghouse with its flag up for 8 hours.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6