First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-08 08:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Luckily all of this lootwhoring might now be over, SE saw the problem with the greedy "it's all mine cause I made the party boohoo" people and are doing this on this update;

"Adventurers will also be given the option to place items obtained from pyxides into the pool of lot spoils."

Looks like all arguements for someone keeping all the loot have been lost, loot is for everyone per SE? :o

From what I can make of that, it sounds like you're given the OPTION, meaning you can still ninja open/steal items from chests. It just makes it easier for say LS runs where you can lot all along instead of someone taking all the loot and splitting it in the end. OR... JPs apparently zaar the loot for 1g and people who win lots take from the zaar, but that ofc leaves room for others to steal the loot.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-09-08 08:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just ninja everything and say *** u gotta problem?
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-09-08 09:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Luckily all of this lootwhoring might now be over, SE saw the problem with the greedy "it's all mine cause I made the party boohoo" people and are doing this on this update; "Adventurers will also be given the option to place items obtained from pyxides into the pool of lot spoils." Looks like all arguements for someone keeping all the loot have been lost, loot is for everyone per SE? :o
From what I can make of that, it sounds like you're given the OPTION, meaning you can still ninja open/steal items from chests. It just makes it easier for say LS runs where you can lot all along instead of someone taking all the loot and splitting it in the end. OR... JPs apparently zaar the loot for 1g and people who win lots take from the zaar, but that ofc leaves room for others to steal the loot.

Yes, but it does show SE sees it as a problem and have made one step into rectifying it. Now if you don't seeing it going into the pool at least, you can just leave that alliance and join a fair one.
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Server: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-09-08 10:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:

At first, I thought this entire post was trolling, then as I started getting into the tl;dr portion of this thread (page 3) I started realizing that you're being serious. There is no reason why everyone else should pay for your laziness.

30 stacks of keys? Are you serious? I hope this was a 15 hour marathon and not some four hour excursion. There is no reason to waste that many keys on chests unless you're being extremely lazy. Sure, you played the AoE disruption card, I can sympathize with that. There's nothing more frustrating than getting hit with March, Chaos Roll, or some Mob AoE. That doesn't mean you should just spam keys on every chest, you're just wasting your cruor, everyone else in the alliance shouldn't be expected to pick up your tab.

If you're not making back your cruor from purchasing keys, you're using entirely too many. Even with starting off with a low level job (37 and 42) I've been able to make back my cruor spent on keys, and then some. This is in 4+ hour parties. In the four(?) parties I've been keybitch for, I haven't come close to using 30 stacks of keys. Regrettably, one of those was a failed party (stupid mandies, never again!)

Your waste of keys doesn't give you priority, it just means you're wasting keys. 18 people worked together to get that gold chest, 18 people should get a chance at a share of it.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-08 10:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Wynnia said:
Asura.Shiroineko said:

At first, I thought this entire post was trolling, then as I started getting into the tl;dr portion of this thread (page 3) I started realizing that you're being serious. There is no reason why everyone else should pay for your laziness.

30 stacks of keys? Are you serious? I hope this was a 15 hour marathon and not some four hour excursion. There is no reason to waste that many keys on chests unless you're being extremely lazy. Sure, you played the AoE disruption card, I can sympathize with that. There's nothing more frustrating than getting hit with March, Chaos Roll, or some Mob AoE. That doesn't mean you should just spam keys on every chest, you're just wasting your cruor, everyone else in the alliance shouldn't be expected to pick up your tab.

If you're not making back your cruor from purchasing keys, you're using entirely too many. Even with starting off with a low level job (37 and 42) I've been able to make back my cruor spent on keys, and then some. This is in 4+ hour parties. In the four(?) parties I've been keybitch for, I haven't come close to using 30 stacks of keys. Regrettably, one of those was a failed party (stupid mandies, never again!)

Your waste of keys doesn't give you priority, it just means you're wasting keys. 18 people worked together to get that gold chest, 18 people should get a chance at a share of it.
Yes u are right 18 ppl worked together to get gold chests but some worked harder than others. but w/e ...
Yes i am the one who said leader should get the gold chest items , but now there will be a new option to be able to lot and i will most definitely use that option as leader, which will make leading the pt alot easier as i can now assign someone to open chests cause i don't have to trust them with the items
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-08 11:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
If you bothered to read past the first sentence I said 99/100. This makes you the 1 person out of 100. And even a lvl80 key *** is not entitled to anything. It's still the easiest job in the alliance regardless what level is doing it.

I really don't think you've ever been on chest duty.

I'm not saying it's the most difficult job in the ally or that it's very hard but the chest people do more than a lot of people in the ally. I hate how people act like Abyssea is difficult, it's mind numbingly easy for everyone to do their job to the point that you can be successful with multiple leechers or people being afk if you want.

If anything the puller and the chest people are the most active ones in the ally and need to stay on point.
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-09-08 12:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pullers, and main assist is the most demanding position followed by a good rdm if you happen to have one. Everything else is EP. Key *** stands around for about an hour but once chest start to drop every mob it can become work. DD have it super easy, /assist and attack with occasional WS here and there. BLM have it easier then anyone, well except for the f'n smn that stand there and just have diablos up and do nothing else.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-08 12:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Xarchangel said:
Pullers, and main assist is the most demanding position followed by a good rdm if you happen to have one. Everything else is EP. Key *** stands around for about an hour but once chest start to drop every mob it can become work. DD have it super easy, /assist and attack with occasional WS here and there. BLM have it easier then anyone, well except for the f'n smn that stand there and just have diablos up and do nothing else.

yea i guess i undervalued a good tank, in abyssea it depends what you're killing though. some things die so quick the tank is not even important. depends again what you're killing how many mobs are on stand by asleep at camp etc.

lol at smn with diablos out, literally just get to chill think about the new update too i'm thinking it wont even cost mp to have him out with the new 76 trait (at least from what i had been told about how much it cost right now). still though, as a mage i love when someone has diablos out next to me. plus the smn can stay pretty active when you're getting a lot of ISL (intense soothing lights) drops and they are pulling out odin over and over.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-08 19:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
If you bothered to read past the first sentence I said 99/100. This makes you the 1 person out of 100. And even a lvl80 key *** is not entitled to anything. It's still the easiest job in the alliance regardless what level is doing it.

I'm not saying it's the most difficult job in the ally or that it's very hard but the chest people do more than a lot of people in the ally. I hate how people act like Abyssea is difficult, it's mind numbingly easy for everyone to do their job to the point that you can be successful with multiple leechers or people being afk if you want.

If anything the puller and the chest people are the most active ones in the ally and need to stay on point.

Yes I have been on chest duty. For a solid 4 hours in a pty. It is completely effortless. Anyone who would want people to think otherwise is pretty lazy. Every other job in the alliance is harder if the people on those jobs are actually doing what they're supposed to be doing. I'm not factoring in lazy people. I'm factoring in the honest people who earn their keep. The only job you could possibly contest is about as easy is DD.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-09-08 20:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Keywhores should NOT get all the items.

They are usualy

A) Moochign on a low lv40-60 job and getting free xp

B) QQ my poor cruor, stfu. You get like 50k per pt.

Example.
I got invited ot a JP run.
The lv46 bst leader was the key ***. Getting handed free lvls, using his cruor which is not costly At all.
And getting 10-100k gil worth of items per chest, plus snagging all the augment items which are good and if not good, npc'd for 30k.

IMO the stuff should be randomed. In no way should a person be able to mooch off others for xp and make gil for doing nothign but trading a key.

/end rant
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-09-08 20:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
Lol Keywhores should NOT get all the items.

They are usualy

A) Moochign on a low lv40-60 job and getting free xp

B) QQ my poor cruor, stfu. You get like 50k per pt.

Example.
I got invited ot a JP run.
The lv46 bst leader was the key ***. Getting handed free lvls, using his cruor which is not costly At all.
And getting 10-100k gil worth of items per chest, plus snagging all the augment items which are good and if not good, npc'd for 30k.

IMO the stuff should be randomed. In no way should a person be able to mooch off others for xp and make gil for doing nothign but trading a key.

/end rant

End the QQ. SE implemented "Lotting" for items from gold chests. Augmented, key-items aside.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-09 00:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

so yea. i was doing some exploring then this

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-10 17:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Siren.Catabolic said:

Yes I have been on chest duty. For a solid 4 hours in a pty. It is completely effortless. Anyone who would want people to think otherwise is pretty lazy. Every other job in the alliance is harder if the people on those jobs are actually doing what they're supposed to be doing. I'm not factoring in lazy people. I'm factoring in the honest people who earn their keep. The only job you could possibly contest is about as easy is DD.

i dunno possible factors which could have left a different impression:

maybe you only using keys to open every single chest rather than unlocking with the guesses? (this would in fact make you the lazy/wasteful one)

maybe your azure and pearl lights were low making the rate of chest drops much slower?

maybe your lights weren't capped and you didn't need to enter 6 guesses for each blue box?

maybe you skip a lot of chests or are one of the people who don't value temp items or ISLs?

maybe you were battling mobs that never AoE attack interrupting you while in the middle of the laggy chest guessing screen?

Again, I never said it was difficult or hard to do. But to say it's effortless is stupid. Many jobs can AFK and no one will notice for a little while, it will not impact the group. I was just saying you need to stay active and participate.

The entire basis of your argument is saying you are not factoring in a majority of the people who play Abyssea.

Siren.Catabolic said:
I'm not factoring in lazy people. I'm factoring in the honest people who earn their keep. The only job you could possibly contest is about as easy is DD.

Must be nice to cover your eyes and ears, tune out the world and only focus in on what you want when making an argument. Well over half the Abyssea PT should be DD so what you're comparing the key people to just the tank, the puller and the debuffers/healers? No one is making that argument but you, have fun arguing with yourself you're sure to win.

Having a different experience or perspective than yourself does not constitute me being "lazy". I don't AFK, I don't walk away from my CPU unannounced and I don't play lazy if I wanted to be doing something else I would sign off.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-10 17:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
I really don't think you've ever been on chest duty. I'm not saying it's the most difficult job in the ally or that it's very hard but the chest people do more than a lot of people in the ally. I hate how people act like Abyssea is difficult, it's mind numbingly easy for everyone to do their job to the point that you can be successful with multiple leechers or people being afk if you want. If anything the puller and the chest people are the most active ones in the ally and need to stay on point.
i dunno possible factors which could have left a different impression: maybe you only using keys to open every single chest rather than unlocking with the guesses? (this would in fact make you the lazy/wasteful one) maybe your azure and pearl lights were low making the rate of chest drops much slower? maybe your lights weren't capped and you didn't need to enter 6 guesses for each blue box? maybe you skip a lot of chests or are one of the people who don't value temp items or ISLs? maybe you were battling mobs that never AoE attack interrupting you while in the middle of the laggy chest guessing screen? Again, I never said it was difficult or hard to do. But to say it's effortless is stupid. Many jobs can AFK and no one will notice for a little while, it will not impact the group. I was just saying you need to stay active and participate. The entire basis of your argument is saying you are not factoring in a majority of the people who play Abyssea.
Siren.Catabolic said:
I'm not factoring in lazy people. I'm factoring in the honest people who earn their keep. The only job you could possibly contest is about as easy is DD.
Must be nice to cover your eyes and ears, tune out the world and only focus in on what you want when making an argument. Well over half the Abyssea PT should be DD so what you're comparing the key people to just the tank, the puller and the debuffers/healers? No one is making that argument but you, have fun arguing with yourself you're sure to win. Having a different experience or perspective than yourself does not constitute me being "lazy". I don't AFK, I don't walk away from my CPU unannounced and I don't play lazy if I wanted to be doing something else I would sign off.
I think this matter can be put to rest

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-10 18:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i know, i'm glad the lotting system was introduced to Abyssea it's how it should have always been. but i don't like being called lazy for having a different perspective. it does seem like that guy literally just traded keys to every single chest or there just weren't many chests dropping do to low lights.. i dunno. our good PTs there are anywhere from 1-5 chests on the ground at one time because we are going through mobs so quick and all our lights are capped

Shiva.Superdan said:
Not saying chest *** is entitled to stuff, nor that it's hard work. But any good abyssea pt needs a full-time chest ***, so the argument is null & void about alli members are doing 'more' or 'less' than the chest ***, they are simply fullfilling different roles needed in a successful abyssea pt.

+1