Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-06 19:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
The keywhores should get it.
They are spending their cruor on keys while it could be used to buy gear and npced for gil.
and /randoming a 20k item or bitching you didnt get something when you wanted exp is just dumb.

Because cruor is so hard to come by?

Or because most if not all chest *** are so low lvl, without the rest of the alliance actually doing something they`d get nothing at all?

I don't usually care what the alliance does with most of the items from the chests, but if a scroll drops that I need I`d at least like a chance at randoming for it, after all, I`m putting in just as much work as everyone else.

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-06 20:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Yea
Sylph.Kaiye said:
Its not hard for someone to make an abyssea pt, everyone wants xp, if they are having trouble making one it's cause they suck. Pricey items should be randomed for it seems fair since you have people killing the mobs that drop these chests x; lesser items should go to pt leaders, you can make a decent amount of gil off of npcing or being patient with the AH.

As for key *** getting items, these people choose to be keyers :/ they already do absolutely no work, so why should they get claim to items.

I've yet to have a problem with this though, luckily most people are courteous and believe in fairness. ^_^y bet I get rated down!
fairness is u relying on other ppl to make pt and then u get same rewards. Sounds real fair

You seem to be forgetting that the leader is already getting something. They 99/100 times are the person bringing their low level job to be the key ***. You honestly think they were gonna get a pty outside of abyssea? LOL k gl w/that. The people in their alliance are power leveling them! You don't consider getting a bunch of free levels as something?

Oh and also anyone who says key *** is tough, you are completely out of your mind. You trade a key to a box and it opens. Congratulations you just passed kindergarten.

The leaders reward is getting their low level job power leveled. The rest of the alliance is actually doing something to earn their levels and merits! So their reward is being able to /random on the drops. Cause if they weren't around your level 30 mnk would be sitting on its *** in its moghouse with its flag up for 8 hours.

Cause leveling sync is so hard to do. FOV makes leveling a low levels easy anyways.

You act like clicking engage and then WSing is so hard to do.

IMO everyone puts in the same amount of work so everyone should be allowed to random on scrolls and stuff thats needed. As far as cheap items, who *** cares?
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-06 20:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Yea
Sylph.Kaiye said:
Its not hard for someone to make an abyssea pt, everyone wants xp, if they are having trouble making one it's cause they suck. Pricey items should be randomed for it seems fair since you have people killing the mobs that drop these chests x; lesser items should go to pt leaders, you can make a decent amount of gil off of npcing or being patient with the AH.

As for key *** getting items, these people choose to be keyers :/ they already do absolutely no work, so why should they get claim to items.

I've yet to have a problem with this though, luckily most people are courteous and believe in fairness. ^_^y bet I get rated down!
fairness is u relying on other ppl to make pt and then u get same rewards. Sounds real fair

You seem to be forgetting that the leader is already getting something. They 99/100 times are the person bringing their low level job to be the key ***. You honestly think they were gonna get a pty outside of abyssea? LOL k gl w/that. The people in their alliance are power leveling them! You don't consider getting a bunch of free levels as something?

Oh and also anyone who says key *** is tough, you are completely out of your mind. You trade a key to a box and it opens. Congratulations you just passed kindergarten.

The leaders reward is getting their low level job power leveled. The rest of the alliance is actually doing something to earn their levels and merits! So their reward is being able to /random on the drops. Cause if they weren't around your level 30 mnk would be sitting on its *** in its moghouse with its flag up for 8 hours.

Cause leveling sync is so hard to do. FOV makes leveling a low levels easy anyways.

You act like clicking engage and then WSing is so hard to do.

IMO everyone puts in the same amount of work so everyone should be allowed to random on scrolls and stuff thats needed. As far as cheap items, who *** cares?

As for level syncing. Have you played lately? Even if you're willing to level sync you will be lucky to get 1 invite on any job in the span of 4-6 hours with your flag up outside of abyssea.

So you're comparing Foving for 4k(max) exp an hour to an alliance power leveling you for 50-100k exp an hour?

And yes all other jobs in ally are much tougher than key *** if the people on them are actually putting in the amount of effort they are supposed to be putting in.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-09-06 20:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not comparing, im saying you can still get exp and the idea that you will stand around for 8 hours with no invite and doing jack ***is very far out there.

Honestly, casting a nuke or WSing when you are suppose to isnt any harder than opening chests. Get over it. Try getting freaking event skipped 20 times when trying to open something, lol.

Not saying one is harder then the other, but they are all doing their part.

As for your edit, just recently took the last few jobs I needed for sub jobs and spend like, hardly any time waiting. Was even able to rotate people out as needed and kept the party moving smoothly.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-06 20:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in a party last week and they got my dog killed by Abyssea monsters. The WHM could have used Protect IV but the *** just stood there AFK.
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 20:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
They are spending their cruor on keys while it could be used to buy gear and npced for gil.
and /randoming a 20k item or bitching you didnt get something when you wanted exp is just dumb.

Agreed with this^ the keywhores SHOULD get it. You're there on a very low level job and can hardly participate at all, but have you even TRIED being a full-time box ***?

For one thing, once the party gets going, there will be a box dropping like every 10-15 seconds, that's ALOT of boxes to manage if you're by yourself. If you're opening it manually, it can take a while to get to each one individually (at which point I silently thank the gods that 1 out of 2 boxes holds something like soothing light)

Sure, sounds okay dunnit? You're just running around, opening boxes, getting free experience...

Now what if you're fighting a mob that spams A o' *** E? that is such a pain in the ***. Every few seconds "event canceled" "event canceled" "event canceled". If you're in a party with a buffer such as COR or BRD, it's nigh IMPOSSIBLE to open them manually quickly enough to keep up. Hell, it's almost impossible to open them manually at all!

So what does one do?

That's right, they spam keys on the boxes, after spending 6-7 attempts with interruptions to see what's inside.

Do you know how fast you go through keys like that?

Do you know how *** EXPENSIVE it is!?!?

You can only buy 1 key at a time. I was in one of these nightmare parties (bats and a bard, ugh) and went through my 30 stacks of keys (that took a full hal-fhour to get mind you, goodbye stone) in no time flat. Not only that...

30 stacks = 360 keys = 180,000 cruor

EXPENSIVE ***TO JUST BLOW THROUGH LIKE THAT.

You have to be in a party for hours and hours on end doing nothing but DD to get that much, IF THAT.

You know how much gear I coulda bought with 180k cruor and NPC'd for cash? Yea. Just think about that. And then you *** because I didn't wanna share this Beech Log with you.

TOO *** BAD.

It's hard work no matter how you look at it, the only way it's easy is when some OTHER box *** is doing all the work. Quit QQ and just let them have their stupid miniscule gil already.

Like a regular exp group will get enough in gold boxes anyway to get anything worthwhile out of it...
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-06 20:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:

That was only 420k you gave to the party while they got 420k and whatever they won in random.
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 20:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

^
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-06 20:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:

Agreed with this^ the keywhores SHOULD get it. You're there on a very low level job and can hardly participate at all, but have you even TRIED being a full-time box ***?

For one thing, once the party gets going, there will be a box dropping like every 10-15 seconds, that's ALOT of boxes to manage if you're by yourself. If you're opening it manually, it can take a while to get to each one individually (at which point I silently thank the gods that 1 out of 2 boxes holds something like soothing light)

Sure, sounds okay dunnit? You're just running around, opening boxes, getting free experience...

Now what if you're fighting a mob that spams A o' *** E? that is such a pain in the ***. Every few seconds "event canceled" "event canceled" "event canceled". If you're in a party with a buffer such as COR or BRD, it's nigh IMPOSSIBLE to open them manually quickly enough to keep up. Hell, it's almost impossible to open them manually at all!

So what does one do?

That's right, they spam keys on the boxes, after spending 6-7 attempts with interruptions to see what's inside.

Do you know how fast you go through keys like that?

Do you know how *** EXPENSIVE it is!?!?

You can only buy 1 key at a time. I was in one of these nightmare parties (bats and a bard, ugh) and went through my 30 stacks of keys (that took a full hal-fhour to get mind you, goodbye stone) in no time flat. Not only that...

EXPENSIVE ***TO JUST BLOW THROUGH LIKE THAT.

You have to be in a party for hours and hours on end doing nothing but DD to get that much, IF THAT.

You know how much gear I coulda bought with 180k cruor and NPC'd for cash? Yea. Just think about that. And then you *** because I didn't wanna share this Beech Log with you.

TOO *** BAD.

It's hard work no matter how you look at it, the only way it's easy is when some OTHER box *** is doing all the work. Quit QQ and just let them have their stupid miniscule gil already.

Like a regular exp group will get enough in gold boxes anyway to get anything worthwhile out of it...

Well you would have been spending more money to be a leech spot in a AFB pty pre-abyssea. Also in the pty you are spending 180k cruor, you are making back at least 100k of it. Oh god! I just got power leveled for 45 levels worth and I had to spend 80k cruor for it! Cruel cruel world to deny me of my 80k cruor in exchange for a free 45 levels! wah wah wah. Lol seriously. The alliance is power leveling you for free. All you are spending is an imaginary currency that drops like water in abyssea. But yea that 100k gil you just lost to get keys instead is worth much much more than 30-50 levels. NOT
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-06 20:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:

Well you would have been spending more money to be a leech spot in a AFB pty pre-abyssea. Also in the pty you are spending 180k cruor, you are making back at least 100k of it. Oh god! I just got power leveled for 45 levels worth and I had to spend 80k cruor for it! Cruel cruel world to deny me of my 80k cruor in exchange for a free 45 levels! wah wah wah. Lol seriously. The alliance is power leveling you for free. All you are spending is an imaginary currency that drops like water in abyssea. But yea that 100k gil you just lost to get keys instead is worth much much more than 30-50 levels. NOT
What about me? I come on my level 80 job what do I get?
Oh I get nothing. I'm a greedy *** for just wanting to break even at least.
 Sylph.Kaiye
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-06 20:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Parties are saving keyers money for gear, and yet they still *** that they deserve something. Free xp, tons of gil saving, especially for jobs such as Cor and Rng, and zomg it still isn't enough!?

Why so greedy?
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 20:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
What about me? I come on my level 80 job what do I get?
Oh I get nothing. I'm a greedy *** for just wanting to break even at least.

This.... I hate how the box *** think that since their job is so "hard" they are entitled to the goods...wtf is that about... especially NM pop key items from the big golds...
[+]
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 20:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's assuming you get enough cruor boxes to make up for it. Did I get 180 of them? I think not. I don't think I even got 80 of them tbh. Unless you weren't aware a box *** starts out with ZERO cruor per kill. You don't get it back as easily as you would believe.

And considering all the skillups one would have to do to make up for those 45 levels..... lol yea right. You could say the alliance is power leveling me for free, but I could flip it around and say that I'm giving the alliance my services for free. Yea, nuking or healing or auto-attacking is soooo hard compared to the migraines one gets as a box opener.

So let's see, you get - Exp, cruor, merits, for pretty much nothing.

We get - headaches, mass deficiency in skillups (if taking above 50) and severe money loss.

Yea, and you want my gold box items too...

Screw off, you're here for exp and doing mininum work for it.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-06 20:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:
That's assuming you get enough cruor boxes to make up for it. Did I get 180 of them? I think not. I don't think I even got 80 of them tbh. Unless you weren't aware a box *** starts out with ZERO cruor per kill. You don't get it back as easily as you would believe.

And considering all the skillups one would have to do to make up for those 45 levels..... lol yea right. You could say the alliance is power leveling me for free, but I could flip it around and say that I'm giving the alliance my services for free. Yea, nuking or healing or auto-attacking is soooo hard compared to the migraines one gets as a box opener.

We get - headaches, mass deficiency in skillups (if taking above 50) and severe money loss.

So your not here for the exp then? Just the gil items?
Glad we got that coverd
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 20:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:

I'm sorry are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? lol... 1) how are you losing gil for leeching abyssea exp? (you mentioned severe gil loss....wtf....)

2) really? you're worried about skill up deficiency....? THEN DON'T *** LEECH 50 LEVELS FOR MINIMAL WORK....

3) its really not THAT hard like i said on page 1...
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-06 20:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Yea
Sylph.Kaiye said:
Its not hard for someone to make an abyssea pt, everyone wants xp, if they are having trouble making one it's cause they suck. Pricey items should be randomed for it seems fair since you have people killing the mobs that drop these chests x; lesser items should go to pt leaders, you can make a decent amount of gil off of npcing or being patient with the AH. As for key *** getting items, these people choose to be keyers :/ they already do absolutely no work, so why should they get claim to items. I've yet to have a problem with this though, luckily most people are courteous and believe in fairness. ^_^y bet I get rated down!
You seem to be forgetting that the leader is already getting something. They 99/100 times are the person bringing their low level job to be the key ***. You honestly think they were gonna get a pty outside of abyssea? LOL k gl w/that. The people in their alliance are power leveling them! You don't consider getting a bunch of free levels as something? Oh and also anyone who says key *** is tough, you are completely out of your mind. You trade a key to a box and it opens. Congratulations you just passed kindergarten. The leaders reward is getting their low level job power leveled. The rest of the alliance is actually doing something to earn their levels and merits! So their reward is being able to /random on the drops. Cause if they weren't around your level 30 mnk would be sitting on its *** in its moghouse with its flag up for 8 hours.

Well said, saved me a longer post.
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-06 20:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

@ludoggy

You're looking at it wrong tbh. You are already getting something. You're getting free merits/exp. All you're doing to obtain them is opening chests. Which I'm sorry is not hard at all to do. Event skipped. Oh no I have to wait 4 seconds to trade this key to this chest. It's the easiest job in the alliance if everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing. You lost 100k cruor in exchange for a bunch of free exp/merits. Get over it. Join an abyssea pty tomorrow and not key *** and you'll wind up with more cruor then you lost in the last pty. Cruor is worth nothing. Higher levels > cruor
[+]
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 20:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Asura.Shiroineko said:

So your not here for the exp then? Just the gil items?
Glad we got that coverd

When did I say that? I don't see that anywhere in there ^^ are you putting words in my mouth?
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-06 20:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh actually if any job should be getting the drops its the "boring" jobs which I sympathise alot with main heal or brd, but I guess thats a matter of opinion again.
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 20:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
You're looking at it wrong tbh. You are already getting something. You're getting free merits/exp. All you're doing to obtain them is opening chests. Which I'm sorry is not hard at all to do. Event skipped. Oh no I have to wait 4 seconds to trade this key to this chest. It's the easiest job in the alliance if everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing. You lost 100k cruor in exchange for a bunch of free exp/merits. Get over it. Join an abyssea pty tomorrow and not key *** and you'll wind up with more cruor then you lost in the last pty. Cruor is worth nothing. Higher levels > cruor

I redirect you back to my previous post about using keys like that :)
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-06 20:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

3k cruor =/= 7k gil
Ok gotcha, I'm just gonna save up for that 2mil drink.
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 20:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Asura.Shiroineko said:

I'm sorry are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? lol... 1) how are you losing gil for leeching abyssea exp? (you mentioned severe gil loss....wtf....)

2) really? you're worried about skill up deficiency....? THEN DON'T *** LEECH 50 LEVELS FOR MINIMAL WORK....

3) its really not THAT hard like i said on page 1...

I'm sorry did you just skim through it like and idiot...? lol...

1. losing gil because I'm not gaining cruor like everyone else, if not losing twice as much as the rest of the party.

2. I said IF one goes past level 50, and really some jobs are just worth burning them up... also redirect YOU back to my previous post explaining just how 'minimal' our work really is :)

3. It is hard. VERY. The only people who can say it isn't havn't done it.
By Tavout 2010-09-06 20:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Or can be like our LS leader makes Abyssea pt's put's his friends in leader spot, then goes to bed and wakes up lvl 80. Must be nice to lvl in your sleep cause no one wants to break the alliance and reform. Needless to say he has all jobs 80.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-06 20:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tavout said:
Needless to say he has all jobs 80.

And gimp
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 20:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I read your entire post...and it still doesn't make sense... how are you losing gil? "We get - headaches, mass deficiency in skillups (if taking above 50) and severe money loss." is what you said... seriously how are you losing gil..and NO BOX DUTY ISNT HARD, refer to my post on page 1...ive done it before while multi tasking....seriously
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-06 20:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:

EXP > Cruor

Are you actually trying to say that you're upset with the alliance that got you a free 30-50 levels cause now your skills are low? You want us to wipe your *** and spoon feed you also? Seriously how hard is it to go out and skill up?

Also you aren't losing any money at all. Cruor is not money. Cruor can be used to trade in for items that can make you a measily amount of gil (ps you can farm up more gil in less time outside of abyssea) If you're npcing those items then honestly you are making maybe 100k gil per 100k cruor. You can farm up 100k gil outside of abyssea on any lvl80 job easily in much less time.

And I don't know about you but all 3 80's I have. When I'm in abyssea on any one of them. I don't AFK, and I do everything in my abilities at all times to make the ally as efficient as it can be. And I've done the key *** job before. It's so much easier than some of these people want others to believe.
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-06 20:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tavout said:
Or can be like our LS leader makes Abyssea pt's put's his friends in leader spot, then goes to bed and wakes up lvl 80. Must be nice to lvl in your sleep cause no one wants to break the alliance and reform. Needless to say he has all jobs 80.

I'm sorry, but all I read was "we're a bunch of door mats"

Edit: I hate when people AFK in Abyssea. I am almost always BLM, and I refuse to D2 AFK people when asked. They can sit in the zone and have their time run out. Bit of a *** thing to do? I agree, there may of been a legitimate problem. But it doesn't take much to type "Sorry brb" or "g2g emergency" & I hate people who just think they can leech. I've had a RDM sat at full mp for 10 minutes before.. Tried to target them, then noticed they weren't even at camp. They were 2 minute walk {Over There} stood about AFK or asleep or some *** ~.~ & No, it wasn't even a roaming pt such as worms.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-06 20:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing boxes is hard?

What is this I don't even...

I enjoyed leeching my SCH up because it was actually just really relaxing and easy.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-06 20:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Tavout said:
Needless to say he has all jobs 80.

And gimp
Kitty pants?
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Now I read your entire post...and it still doesn't make sense... how are you losing gil? "We get - headaches, mass deficiency in skillups (if taking above 50) and severe money loss." is what you said... seriously how are you losing gil..and NO BOX DUTY ISNT HARD, refer to my post on page 1...ive done it before while multi tasking....seriously
Loosing potential gil while everyone else is getting it unless they are popping Red curries and ic wings to dd.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-06 21:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kitty pants don`t grow on tree`s, or are you saying you`d prefer to exp with someone who has vastly below par skill levels, as long as they`re rocking a pair of kitty pants
[+]