First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-06 21:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Kitty pants don`t grow on tree`s, or are you saying you`d prefer to exp with someone who has vastly below par skill levels, as long as they`re rocking a pair of kitty pants
You were calling someone gimp when you dont have kitty pants for your sam is all.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-06 21:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Kitty pants don`t grow on tree`s, or are you saying you`d prefer to exp with someone who has vastly below par skill levels, as long as they`re rocking a pair of kitty pants

Majority of people who can equip them and have been playing for more than a couple years have kitty pants. I got mine after only 3 weeks of unlocking sky access since nobody needed.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-06 21:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
You were calling someone gimp when you dont have kitty pants for your sam is all.

Did u even read the post I quoted? I said nothing about his gear, just that if he`s afk burned all his jobs to 80 then they`re bound to gimped skill wise are`nt they.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-06 21:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Asura.Calatilla said:

Did u even read the post I quoted? I said nothing about his gear, just that if he`s afk burned all his jobs to 80 then they`re bound to gimped skill wise are`nt they.
Cal's right
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-06 21:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Tavout said:
Needless to say he has all jobs 80.

And gimp
Kitty pants?
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Now I read your entire post...and it still doesn't make sense... how are you losing gil? "We get - headaches, mass deficiency in skillups (if taking above 50) and severe money loss." is what you said... seriously how are you losing gil..and NO BOX DUTY ISNT HARD, refer to my post on page 1...ive done it before while multi tasking....seriously
Loosing potential gil while everyone else is getting it unless they are popping Red curries and ic wings to dd.

You aren't losing anything. You're trading cruor for exp. The other ally members you mentioned are doing MORE THAN YOU ARE AS KEY ***. Your logic is like you walk into a grocery store and because you walked 100 steps you feel entitled to the grocery store giving you free food.

Bottom line if you're so butt-hurt about trading cruor for exp then DON'T DO IT. No the ally lead/key *** is NOT entitled to the contents of brown chests. If you don't like that and think cruor isn't worth mass amounts of EXP then take your I want everything for nothing mentality elsewhere.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-06 21:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All I need is for the cat to drop 2 pairs of pants and I`ll have some, but he`s always been a tight kitty for me.
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 21:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Asura.Shiroineko said:
That's assuming you get enough cruor boxes to make up for it. Did I get 180 of them? I think not. I don't think I even got 80 of them tbh. Unless you weren't aware a box *** starts out with ZERO cruor per kill. You don't get it back as easily as you would believe.

And considering all the skillups one would have to do to make up for those 45 levels..... lol yea right. You could say the alliance is power leveling me for free, but I could flip it around and say that I'm giving the alliance my services for free. Yea, nuking or healing or auto-attacking is soooo hard compared to the migraines one gets as a box opener.

So let's see, you get - Exp, cruor, merits, for pretty much nothing.

We get - headaches, mass deficiency in skillups (if taking above 50) and severe money loss.

Yea, and you want my gold box items too...

Screw off, you're here for exp and doing mininum work for it.

EXP > Cruor

Are you actually trying to say that you're upset with the alliance that got you a free 30-50 levels cause now your skills are low? You want us to wipe your *** and spoon feed you also? Seriously how hard is it to go out and skill up?

Also you aren't losing any money at all. Cruor is not money. Cruor can be used to trade in for items that can make you a measily amount of gil (ps you can farm up more gil in less time outside of abyssea) If you're npcing those items then honestly you are making maybe 100k gil per 100k cruor. You can farm up 100k gil outside of abyssea on any lvl80 job easily in much less time.

And I don't know about you but all 3 80's I have. When I'm in abyssea on any one of them. I don't AFK, and I do everything in my abilities at all times to make the ally as efficient as it can be. And I've done the key *** job before. It's so much easier than some of these people want others to believe.

You are in essence losing money because everyone else is GAINING money and you are not.

Also, you're still putting words in my mouth. I am not blaming the alliance for my lack of skillups, I am simply stating facts that I'm not GETTING any, and would therefore have to go out and spend alot more hours outside abyssea getting them. Do not twist my words

Key whoring is one thing, key whoring in a party where you have to spend mass amounts of actual keys - negative profit. Or are you simply refusing to see that the regular people are in fact getting more beneficial aspects out of it than the box ***? skillups, levels, merits, cruor/money. I don't see one negative thing in there for you guys. AT ALL.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 21:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Tavout said:

And gimp
Kitty pants?
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Now I read your entire post...and it still doesn't make sense... how are you losing gil? "We get - headaches, mass deficiency in skillups (if taking above 50) and severe money loss." is what you said... seriously how are you losing gil..and NO BOX DUTY ISNT HARD, refer to my post on page 1...ive done it before while multi tasking....seriously
Loosing potential gil while everyone else is getting it unless they are popping Red curries and ic wings to dd.

cruor isn't really gil unless you AH the items for very low gil..oh noes!!! and who the hell brings ic wings to exp abyssea? or eats 100k red curries? wtf is this..i dont even..? lol and you aren't eating any of those or using those meds if you're chest ***...
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-06 21:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Asura.Shiroineko said:
That's assuming you get enough cruor boxes to make up for it. Did I get 180 of them? I think not. I don't think I even got 80 of them tbh. Unless you weren't aware a box *** starts out with ZERO cruor per kill. You don't get it back as easily as you would believe.

And considering all the skillups one would have to do to make up for those 45 levels..... lol yea right. You could say the alliance is power leveling me for free, but I could flip it around and say that I'm giving the alliance my services for free. Yea, nuking or healing or auto-attacking is soooo hard compared to the migraines one gets as a box opener.

We get - headaches, mass deficiency in skillups (if taking above 50) and severe money loss.

EXP > Cruor

Are you actually trying to say that you're upset with the alliance that got you a free 30-50 levels cause now your skills are low? You want us to wipe your *** and spoon feed you also? Seriously how hard is it to go out and skill up?

Also you aren't losing any money at all. Cruor is not money. Cruor can be used to trade in for items that can make you a measily amount of gil (ps you can farm up more gil in less time outside of abyssea) If you're npcing those items then honestly you are making maybe 100k gil per 100k cruor. You can farm up 100k gil outside of abyssea on any lvl80 job easily in much less time.

And I don't know about you but all 3 80's I have. When I'm in abyssea on any one of them. I don't AFK, and I do everything in my abilities at all times to make the ally as efficient as it can be. And I've done the key *** job before. It's so much easier than some of these people want others to believe.

You are in essence losing money because everyone else is GAINING money and you are not.

Also, you're still putting words in my mouth. I am not blaming the alliance for my lack of skillups, I am simply stating facts that I'm not GETTING any, and would therefore have to go out and spend alot more hours outside abyssea getting them. Do not twist my words

Key whoring is one thing, key whoring in a party where you have to spend mass amounts of actual keys - negative profit. Or are you simply refusing to see that the regular people are in fact getting more beneficial aspects out of it than the box ***? skillups, levels, merits, cruor/money. I don't see one negative thing in there for you guys. AT ALL.

How are you not making gil if you`re lootìng all the sellables?

Besides, if you`re that botherd, don`t key ***
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-06 21:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

cruor isn't really gil unless you AH the items for very low gil..oh noes!!! and who the hell brings ic wings to exp abyssea? or eats 100k red curries? wtf is this..i dont even..? lol and you aren't eating any of those or using those meds if you're chest ***...
You are getting gil in Crour while the chest *** isnt because he is losing crour in keys.
I know its such a hard concept to understand, but if you sit down and think about it for abit maybe you'll grasp this concept.
Asura.Calatilla said:
All I need is for the cat to drop 2 pairs of pants and I`ll have some, but he`s always been a tight kitty for me.
Well goodluck to you.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-06 21:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Tavout said:

And gimp
Kitty pants?
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

You aren't losing anything. You're trading cruor for exp. The other ally members you mentioned are doing MORE THAN YOU ARE AS KEY ***. Your logic is like you walk into a grocery store and because you walked 100 steps you feel entitled to the grocery store giving you free food.

Bottom line if you're so butt-hurt about trading cruor for exp then DON'T DO IT. No the ally lead/key *** is NOT entitled to the contents of brown chests. If you don't like that and think cruor isn't worth mass amounts of EXP then take your I want everything for nothing mentality elsewhere.

Not saying chest *** is entitled to stuff, nor that it's hard work. But any good abyssea pt needs a full-time chest ***, so the argument is null & void about alli members are doing 'more' or 'less' than the chest ***, they are simply fullfilling different roles needed in a successful abyssea pt.

Nuff said, I don't see why people get hyped up about it so much. Level don't really matter. I wouldn't want chest ***'s fighting & wasting time not opening chests. Only advantage I could see about having a Lv80 over a Lv30 is if they can throw a random cure out or sleepga out here & there..
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-06 21:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:

/comfort, Give it a few years ill be considered gimp too no doubt, I think every other mnk or blm on sylph has hikazu hara ate or macha coat except me 4 yrs and waiting. I wonder if ill get either before 2014. :D
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 21:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

cruor = gil, I am sorry you are not capable of seeing this.

one only needs to go out of their way to spend said cruor to make a buttload of gil. end of story.

People are gaining cruor, you are not gaining cruor, are in fact losing near twice as much as others have gained = extreme negative profit.

selling the 'sellables' are helping us try to break even with it. have you payed any attention to the main concept at all?
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 21:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

You are getting gil in Crour while the chest *** isnt because he is losing crour in keys.
I know its such a hard concept to understand, but if you sit down and think about it for abit maybe you'll grasp this concept.

no real reason to be that big of a douche about it lol...ok so every visit you can spend cruor to NPC stuff for like 8k gil at most for the most expensive item...but they are all rare, so its VERY VERY slow process.....you can EASILY farm more outside of abyssea..
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-06 21:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Asura.Shiroineko said:

EXP > Cruor

Well then simply don't leech exp in abyssea. Obviously you're doing it for a reason. If its simply for gil then that's truly pathetic. Not everyone spends their cruor in exchange for a pathetically low amount of gil. I'd rather hold onto it cause new add ons are coming out soon with new abyssea zones. If I need gil I'll go out and farm for a while. Cruor is pathetically easy to obtain. EXP is incredibly hard to come by outside of abyssea. You do the math.

You're trading goods for a service. It's basic economics.

Being a key *** is insanely easy. Obtaining cruor is insanely easy. Any one of those dds would gladly gear up a low job and trade places with you. Cause everyone knows key *** is the *** job of the alliance. Free exp in exchange for cruor. People line up outside the doors to sign up for that spot. And they won't *** and moan like others would about "But I'm losing cruors which can be exchanged for a very small amount of gils" lol get a grip on reality.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-09-06 21:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, you wanna aby burn your subs while getting paid for it

Edit: Aby gear was only profiable when people were stupid enough to spend 1mil + on it
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-09-06 21:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

no real reason to be that big of a douche about it lol...ok so every visit you can spend cruor to NPC stuff for like 8k gil at most for the most expensive item...but they are all rare, so its VERY VERY slow process.....you can EASILY farm more outside of abyssea..
how am I being a douche? I'm just being the same to you as you are being to me. Being subtle.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 21:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

how was i being a douche to you? hell i never directed any of my posts at you lol...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-06 21:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone lets me level a job from 30 which is normally VERY slow within 2-3 sessions while contributing effectively zero outside of opening boxes anyone could do, I'm not going to *** about having to use some of my abundantly available resources to achieve this.

Just saying.
[+]
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-09-06 21:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's mah party I'll lootwhore if I wan't tooo!
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 21:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Reverting back to the "don't do it then" argument hmmm? Can't find anything else to say? "Don't like the box openers taking up some small bits of money to break even? then just don't join"

I find what you said really funny though. Perhaps YOU need to do the math...

30 stacks of keys burns through in an AoE spam party = 360 keys = 180,000 cruor

you know what you can get with 180,000 cruor?

Buy gloves for 3k cruor apiece and then npc it for ~7k apiece.

180,000 cruor = ~420,000 gil

yea lol, cruor so doesn't mean gil. it just takes a little bit of effort and going out of your way to get it. that's so freaking hard...

one doesn't need to do abyssea for money, one does abyssea for experience. duh. thing is, regular people are earning money while getting experience. hurrah! box openers are going in key debt. not only have to spend essentially 420k on keys, but you don't even earn cruor/kill to make up for it. i'd like to see 180 cruor boxes drop to break even, but hey, maybe that's just me...

so... you're earning about 500k gil per Lv.75-80 party, more if you go back after dumping merits and... we earn... what? -400k?

haha yea right.

box *** are so awesome arn't they? we just take the unfairness for not having to buy low level gear in our already-crammed inventories and grinding them up in MMM or something. we even get less experience than you too... hmm....
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-09-06 21:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

how am I being a douche? I'm just being the same to you as you are being to me. Being subtle.

Lud is not being a douche.

You are getting a taste of your own medicine... the douchy kind D:

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 21:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:

yea lol, cruor so doesn't mean gil. it just takes a little bit of effort and going out of your way to get it. that's so freaking hard...

so if you ONLY buy gloves for this example, you have to buy 3 per visit (1 of each set), which is 9k cruor, which you have to repeat 20 times to spend this 180k cruor...thats a *** LOAD of effort if you ask me, considering all of the travel time and time lost in abyssea just buying the items and going back and forth...not really worth the effort especially for those that save their cruor for the 2m drink.
 Siren.Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-06 21:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiroineko said:
Reverting back to the "don't do it then" argument hmmm? Can't find anything else to say? "Don't like the box openers taking up some small bits of money to break even? then just don't join"

I find what you said really funny though. Perhaps YOU need to do the math...

30 stacks of keys burns through in an AoE spam party = 360 keys = 180,000 cruor

you know what you can get with 180,000 cruor?

Buy gloves for 3k cruor apiece and then npc it for ~7k apiece.

one doesn't need to do abyssea for money, one does abyssea for experience. duh. thing is, regular people are earning money while getting experience. hurrah! box openers are going in key debt. not only have to spend essentially 420k on keys, but you don't even earn cruor/kill to make up for it. i'd like to see 180 cruor boxes drop to break even, but hey, maybe that's just me...

so... you're earning about 500k gil per Lv.75-80 party, more if you go back after dumping merits and... we earn... what? -400k?

haha yea right.

box *** are so awesome arn't they? we just take the unfairness for not having to buy low level gear in our already-crammed inventories and grinding them up in MMM or something. we even get less experience than you too... hmm....

Ok lets use your busted *** math. 180k cruor. Your math is based on the assumption that you will recieve ZERO cruor back. Which is truly an amazing feat. I'd love to see footage of someone obtaining ZERO cruor in a 4 hour abyssea pty. Before abyssea I can guarantee you 420k gil was not gonna get you 30 free levels. You get 80k cruor back? So you truly think 100k cruor is worth more than 30 levels? You WOULDN'T have gotten those levels if it wasn't for that alliance in abyssea. Definitely not in 4 hours. Maybe over the course of two weeks of constant grinding outside of abyssea. In which you would have spent way more time obtaining those levels. Time in which you could have INSTEAD spent farming up MUCH MORE than 420k gil. You got any more busted nonsensical logic to throw around? I'd love to devour it.

Don't like it? Don't do it. U mad? Keep being ungrateful for the free exp that just got handed to you. Otherwise maybe go out and solo up those 30 levels you just got thanks to the work of 16 lvl 80s. See how long that takes you and get back to me. Honestly I would happily spend 180k cruor per abyssea pty in exchange for 30 free levels on a low job. I wouldn't *** and pretend like I was important either.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-09-06 21:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you even reading what you're typing? It's like you only see every other word and fill in the rest with craziness.

I am working under the assumption, no the FACT, that key *** START OUT with 0 cruor/kill for a VERY long time. Yes, we eventually get some with silvery light. About, say, 4 hours into the party give or take zone.

But really are you reading anything in this thread? Yes, we go in there for experience. I openly said this in my last post. You are ALSO going in there for experience. I am not debating this. You getting exp, I'm getting experience, we both getting experience. This thread does not =/= experience.

Yes, I'm getting ~20-60 levels in abyssea. You are also getting roughly the same amount of experience getting from ~75-80. This is not in dispute. So stop bringing it up, it's getting you nowhere and making you look idiotic.

The REAL issue of this thread is do the key *** deserve the gold chest items? Yes. Because YOU are earning cruor, while we are NOT, so to make up for that we are getting ITEMS. is this so hard to understand? is this concept so difficult?
 Alexander.Meowryu
Server: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-09-06 21:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The people who complain about not making gil off Abyssea parties are the same people who do campaign to make gil.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-06 21:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It really takes 4 hours to a leech to start recieving any exp? IDK its a genuine question btw.