More QQ about abyssea~
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-07 13:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Waiting til the party ends is one of thee must HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ideas. most parties last HOURS. by that time, so many things happen.
-members leave/join.
-people forget the items that fell.
-inv gets filled, multiple items or scrolls can drop, with rare tags, eliminating one person holding more than one.

Once the party ends, I.e, a 5 hour party, black mage was there hours 1~4, saw waterV drop. But gets replaced by a blu, and the blu wins the lot, after the pty ends. even though he wasn't there when it dropped. That's not so fair,

Stop being greedy ***, and /random, if you don't like it, stop chesting, and pick up a weapon and engage. Then tell me you don't deserve the items in the chest than the leader.

Its a group event, try making a chest drop without people killing ***, or mages keeping people alive. everyone deserves the a shot at the loot.
[+]
 Alexander.Meowryu
Server: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-09-07 13:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
-people forget the items that fell. -

***, they're on to us.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-09-07 13:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Waiting til the party ends is one of thee must HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ideas. most parties last HOURS. by that time, so many things happen.
-members leave/join.
-inv gets filled, multiple items or scrolls can drop, with rare tags, eliminating one person holding more than one.

Once the party ends, I.e, a 5 hour party, black mage was there hours 1~4, saw waterV drop. But gets replaced by a blu, and the blu wins the lot, after the pty ends. even though he wasn't there when it dropped. That's not so fair,

Stop being greedy ***, and /random, if you don't like it, stop chesting, and pick up a weapon and engage. Then tell me you don't deserve the items in the chest than the leader.

Its a group event, try making a chest drop without people killing ***, or mages keeping people alive. everyone deserves the a shot at the loot.
Ive had the experience of dealing with people who lied about needing the scroll, lucky enough i FFXIAH'd them and didnt give them the scroll. Ive decided from now on if someone wins, and their FFXIAH is set to where i cant see jobs, or dont have a profile at all, after the pt is over i will make them change jobs so i can see if they really have it or not
[+]
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-07 14:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Yea
Sylph.Kaiye said:
Its not hard for someone to make an abyssea pt, everyone wants xp, if they are having trouble making one it's cause they suck. Pricey items should be randomed for it seems fair since you have people killing the mobs that drop these chests x; lesser items should go to pt leaders, you can make a decent amount of gil off of npcing or being patient with the AH. As for key *** getting items, these people choose to be keyers :/ they already do absolutely no work, so why should they get claim to items. I've yet to have a problem with this though, luckily most people are courteous and believe in fairness. ^_^y bet I get rated down!
fairness is u relying on other ppl to make pt and then u get same rewards. Sounds real fair
You seem to be forgetting that the leader is already getting something. They 99/100 times are the person bringing their low level job to be the key ***. You honestly think they were gonna get a pty outside of abyssea? LOL k gl w/that. The people in their alliance are power leveling them! You don't consider getting a bunch of free levels as something? Oh and also anyone who says key *** is tough, you are completely out of your mind. You trade a key to a box and it opens. Congratulations you just passed kindergarten. The leaders reward is getting their low level job power leveled. The rest of the alliance is actually doing something to earn their levels and merits! So their reward is being able to /random on the drops. Cause if they weren't around your level 30 mnk would be sitting on its *** in its moghouse with its flag up for 8 hours.
Well said, saved me a longer post.
This is the most redicoulus thing i ever heard, lmao. Catabolic's post is totaly invalid. No where in my posts does it say anything about the person who makes the party gets to bring a low lvl job. I used to make abyssea pt's and i never brought a low lvl job. So try again
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-07 14:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Needing the scroll is all the better reason to give it to them, but if they were there when it dropped, then they should have a chance to win it, regardless of use. That's like saying no sam can lot scrolls, because theyre not a mage, so you're gonna toss it instead.

I get the lying though, if someone proclaims they need it for x job, I get it, but to research etc is a bit overboard lol.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-09-07 14:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Needing the scroll is all the better reason to give it to them, but if they were there when it dropped, then they should have a chance to win it, regardless of use. That's like saying no sam can lot scrolls, because theyre not a mage, so you're gonna toss it instead.

I get the lying though, if someone proclaims they need it for x job, I get it, but to research etc is a bit overboard lol.
Overboard, not so much, these *** say they need scrolls then sell it.
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-07 14:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Waiting til the party ends is one of thee must HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ideas. most parties last HOURS. by that time, so many things happen. -members leave/join. -people forget the items that fell. -inv gets filled, multiple items or scrolls can drop, with rare tags, eliminating one person holding more than one. Once the party ends, I.e, a 5 hour party, black mage was there hours 1~4, saw waterV drop. But gets replaced by a blu, and the blu wins the lot, after the pty ends. even though he wasn't there when it dropped. That's not so fair, Stop being greedy ***, and /random, if you don't like it, stop chesting, and pick up a weapon and engage. Then tell me you don't deserve the items in the chest than the leader. Its a group event, try making a chest drop without people killing ***, or mages keeping people alive. everyone deserves the a shot at the loot.
^^ This guy has never lead an abyssea pt
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-09-07 14:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Waiting til the party ends is one of thee must HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ideas. most parties last HOURS. by that time, so many things happen. -members leave/join. -people forget the items that fell. -inv gets filled, multiple items or scrolls can drop, with rare tags, eliminating one person holding more than one. Once the party ends, I.e, a 5 hour party, black mage was there hours 1~4, saw waterV drop. But gets replaced by a blu, and the blu wins the lot, after the pty ends. even though he wasn't there when it dropped. That's not so fair, Stop being greedy ***, and /random, if you don't like it, stop chesting, and pick up a weapon and engage. Then tell me you don't deserve the items in the chest than the leader. Its a group event, try making a chest drop without people killing ***, or mages keeping people alive. everyone deserves the a shot at the loot.
Seems so, i get the worst headaches in the world when i lead them
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-07 14:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Quite opposite, I've made parties, and I prefer to lead, I know it won't be crap that way. as well I've taken over lead after the original lead has left. I've even been lead, while doing chests. Its not a problem for me.
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-07 14:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Quite opposite, I've made parties, and I prefer to lead, I know it won't be crap that way. as well I've taken over lead after the original lead has left. I've even been lead, while doing chests. Its not a problem for me.
I know ur full of ***now. Ok say u /random the items ur telling me you open boxes, keep track of lights, find reps, and /random items. (srry but thats hard to belive) not saying it's impossible but its not easy
 Asura.Lexin
Server: Asura
user: Kakurot
By Asura.Lexin 2010-09-07 14:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't care sometimes I roll on the items but most of the time I don't.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-07 14:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Waiting til the party ends is one of thee must HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ideas. most parties last HOURS. by that time, so many things happen. -members leave/join. -purple forget the items that fell. -inv gets filled, multiple items or scrolls can drop, with rare tags, eliminating one person holding more than one. Once the party ends, I.e, a 5 hour party, black mage was there hours 1~4, saw waterV drop. But gets replaced by a blu, and the blu wins the lot, after the pty ends. even though he wasn't there when it dropped. That's not so fair, Stop being greedy ***, and /random, if you don't like it, stop chesting, and pick up a weapon and engage. Then tell me you don't deserve the items in the chest than the leader. Its a group event, try making a chest drop without people killing ***, or mages keeping people alive. everyone deserves the a shot at the loot.
I know ur full of ***now. Ok say u /random the items ur telling me you open boxes, keep track of lights, find reps, and /random items. (srry but thats hard to belive) not saying it's impossible but its not easy
Didn't say it was easy, but its not tough. I find reps before people ask once we've been there a while, and when they get to maw i'd say "got a xxx out side, who wants out" and I get a response 90% of the time. And I have a macro /item "forbidden key" <t>
Which I found out by asking, people don't utilize. Sorry dude, but its true, its not that hard to multi-task.
 Titan.Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-07 14:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Waiting til the party ends is one of thee must HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ideas. most parties last HOURS. by that time, so many things happen. -members leave/join. -purple forget the items that fell. -inv gets filled, multiple items or scrolls can drop, with rare tags, eliminating one person holding more than one. Once the party ends, I.e, a 5 hour party, black mage was there hours 1~4, saw waterV drop. But gets replaced by a blu, and the blu wins the lot, after the pty ends. even though he wasn't there when it dropped. That's not so fair, Stop being greedy ***, and /random, if you don't like it, stop chesting, and pick up a weapon and engage. Then tell me you don't deserve the items in the chest than the leader. Its a group event, try making a chest drop without people killing ***, or mages keeping people alive. everyone deserves the a shot at the loot.
Didn't say it was easy, but its not tough. I find reps before people ask once we've been there a while, and when they get to maw i'd say "got a xxx out side, who wants out" and I get a response 90% of the time. And I have a macro /item "forbidden key" <t> Which I found out by asking, people don't utilize. Sorry dude, but its true, its not that hard to multi-task.
lol 10% of the time reps get there and are told to just wait
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-07 15:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cripnicc said:

lol 10% of the time reps get there and are told to just wait
Yeah, and 5-10 min never kills anyone, I'm telling you, people will leave if you have a rep on standby.

Let me guess, its hard for you to rdm, if you have to heal, refresh, haste, AND enfeeble, right? Don't lie :p
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-07 15:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:

this is exactly what the leader / key man should be doing with assistance from friends on finding reps or with boxes while getting more keys or assistance from the people leaving helping finding their own reps. it shouldnt be too much to ask for though from a leader imo. i do know being on boxes can get hectic from my experience of being on boxes and leading, but you just ask for help when you need it. with a full ally of 18 there should be at least 1 competent person who can help out when you need it

on the other hand: lol @ waiting for the PT to end i've been in an abyssea for 13+ hours we did reps on every single position i dont know how many times over that option would be implausible in most abyssea PT situations.

the time consuming thing with the keys/boxes shouldnt be the actualy trading of the key though it should be the effort in cracking the boxes by guessing the #s. If you aren't spending time opening the Red and Blue ones by guessing than you'll be burning through keys too quickly. If you're skipping any of the red, your party is failing.

as for checking the lights all you need to do is keep track of who got the kill shot and check the box for how many guesses are needed to see if that person (who got the killshot) is capped on that particular light (depends what they used to get the kill shot) maybe not as efficient as someone running some program counter or whatever but you can get it done without it and it gets the job done.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-07 15:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i was keywhore with lvl 42 WAR. I opened chests and if some items were in it like spells or such i announced that and asked who needs it. They /random'd it and i opened the chest for the winner to collect it. seriously i can understand that ppl are being bitchy about the fact it's their key and they opened it. They spend a good amount of cruor for some stacks of keys. but as it comes down: who kills the mob? Chests can be opened without keys sure takes longer and is frigging annoying but hey it can work.

but for all the *** out there that take the items not saying ANYTHING and selling these items and they didnt even open the chest..... *** be crazy.

but still got 15 stacks of keys one me everytime i go in abyssea with a lower job.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-07 15:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

F the curor spent on keys, it's all about the time spent buying those stacks lol that alone gives key leeches a right to leech :) but i dont think anyone should be entitled to any items for using their key
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-07 15:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
-members leave/join.

Ive had the experience of dealing with people who lied about needing the scroll, lucky enough i FFXIAH'd them and didnt give them the scroll. Ive decided from now on if someone wins, and their FFXIAH is set to where i cant see jobs, or dont have a profile at all, after the pt is over i will make them change jobs so i can see if they really have it or not

Someone pointed out in another thread, that even if they dont have a job that can use them they might still need the scroll.

Lets say whatever brd scroll drops, lets assume its worth 50 k. A guy that only have blm lv dont have stone V. Basically he will lot the brd scroll, sell it for 50 k and buy stone V.

He will save 50 k (basically trading a scroll he got in abyssea for another scroll on AH), while if a BRD who need the scroll would also save 50 k if he won the lot.

Not saying that this is my logic, but I recall readin it in another abyssea QQ thread, and it kind of makes sense in a way.
 Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-09-07 15:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
They spend a good amount of cruor for some stacks of keys.

I agree with some of the other stuff you said, but cruor is extremely easy to get. Its a weak excuse to get all items from chest.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-09-07 16:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Someone pointed out in another thread, that even if they dont have a job that can use them they might still need the scroll.

Lets say whatever brd scroll drops, lets assume its worth 50 k. A guy that only have blm lv dont have stone V. Basically he will lot the brd scroll, sell it for 50 k and buy stone V.

He will save 50 k (basically trading a scroll he got in abyssea for another scroll on AH), while if a BRD who need the scroll would also save 50 k if he won the lot.

Not saying that this is my logic, but I recall readin it in another abyssea QQ thread, and it kind of makes sense in a way.

personally, i completely disagree with this logic. throw this logic out and just say make everything /random makes a lot more sense.
 Diabolos.Fattynoob
Server: Diabolos
user: xprophetx
By Diabolos.Fattynoob 2010-09-07 19:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

idk why box *** are crying about spent cruor on keys. i can open 90% of all chests without a key. quit being lazy on top of your leeching and Q.Q about it. b4 u say idk wot im talkin about, i have done chests for over 40+ hrs in total so far.

Titan.Cripnicc

I lead a 6-12 hr abyssea pt doing chests most nights almost every night a weak. and handle lights, chests, replacements, randoms. and never once have i ninja'd ***. never will. i may put in more effort, but thats my choice to have a successful abyssea every night instead of ***ones i used to get not leading. Nor am i an elitist who thinks my time is more valuable than 17 other people saying I should get all items. thats bogus greed talk there.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-09-07 20:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Nepharite said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
They spend a good amount of cruor for some stacks of keys.

I agree with some of the other stuff you said, but cruor is extremely easy to get. Its a weak excuse to get all items from chest.
as you may have noticed i did not take the "my key, my loot"-side. maybe my sentences were a little hard to understand (sry english is not my native language).
Basically: Key *** or people who have keys and open chests do NOT have the right to take it all on their own. These people couldnt do jack is it weren't for the others that kill the mob. Even if it is your key: you have no more right on the loot than anyone else. Simple explanation: you mostly dont have to engage the mob!

and btw: i for myself had to buy the spells because they got stolen even though i won /random. Water V 2x and StoneV 1x. And this was when i was the keywhore ^^
 Ramuh.Lucried
Server: Ramuh
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2010-09-07 20:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

well seems to me the most intelligent way of dealing with this is not to open brown chests at all let alone opening red chests with amber light. no harm no drama no headache seems pretty win to me. lulz
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-07 20:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lucried said:
well seems to me the most intelligent way of dealing with this is not to open brown chests at all let alone opening red chests with amber light. no harm no drama no headache seems pretty win to me. lulz
I'll give you a headache!!!
 Asura.Railieca
user: Railieca
By Asura.Railieca 2010-09-07 20:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to read what half of this post is about and all I can think about is there is some english teacher crying about most of these posts.
 Carbuncle.Lileana
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sumiyaka
By Carbuncle.Lileana 2010-09-07 21:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I like doing the random way or just ingore completely.

I see it this way though. If everything in game was ran by the "I'm the leader, Everthing should go to me." way. Most shells would break and be a million player warnings. Being the leader doesn't give you special treatment. In the end you wouldn't be able to get anything without the rest of the group.

Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-07 21:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

thread jacked~

Does abyssea time carry over maintenance or is saved time erased?
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-09-08 08:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Yea
Sylph.Kaiye said:
Its not hard for someone to make an abyssea pt, everyone wants xp, if they are having trouble making one it's cause they suck. Pricey items should be randomed for it seems fair since you have people killing the mobs that drop these chests x; lesser items should go to pt leaders, you can make a decent amount of gil off of npcing or being patient with the AH. As for key *** getting items, these people choose to be keyers :/ they already do absolutely no work, so why should they get claim to items. I've yet to have a problem with this though, luckily most people are courteous and believe in fairness. ^_^y bet I get rated down!
fairness is u relying on other ppl to make pt and then u get same rewards. Sounds real fair
You seem to be forgetting that the leader is already getting something. They 99/100 times are the person bringing their low level job to be the key ***. You honestly think they were gonna get a pty outside of abyssea? LOL k gl w/that. The people in their alliance are power leveling them! You don't consider getting a bunch of free levels as something? Oh and also anyone who says key *** is tough, you are completely out of your mind. You trade a key to a box and it opens. Congratulations you just passed kindergarten. The leaders reward is getting their low level job power leveled. The rest of the alliance is actually doing something to earn their levels and merits! So their reward is being able to /random on the drops. Cause if they weren't around your level 30 mnk would be sitting on its *** in its moghouse with its flag up for 8 hours.
Well said, saved me a longer post.
This is the most redicoulus thing i ever heard, lmao. Catabolic's post is totaly invalid. No where in my posts does it say anything about the person who makes the party gets to bring a low lvl job. I used to make abyssea pt's and i never brought a low lvl job. So try again

If you bothered to read past the first sentence I said 99/100. This makes you the 1 person out of 100. And even a lvl80 key *** is not entitled to anything. It's still the easiest job in the alliance regardless what level is doing it.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-09-08 08:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
thread jacked~ Does abyssea time carry over maintenance or is saved time erased?

its saved
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-09-08 08:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Luckily all of this lootwhoring might now be over, SE saw the problem with the greedy "it's all mine cause I made the party boohoo" people and are doing this on this update;

"Adventurers will also be given the option to place items obtained from pyxides into the pool of lot spoils."

Looks like all arguements for someone keeping all the loot have been lost, loot is for everyone per SE? :o