Samurai Equipment Help :)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Equipment help :)
Samurai Equipment help :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-18 18:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
I find it entertaining...man I don't even remember what I was thinking. This thread fckin blows.

Yea I'm bored lurking in this thread now too D:
 Shiva.Borealis
Server: Shiva
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-18 18:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
I'll admit I've skewed some truths but I hold fast that when accuracy is capped 7 str > 5 str (red curry) and that some mobs have such high defense, that attack is not ignorable whether it be for melee or ws damage. Keep using sushi I don't give a flying ***, but realize gekko is not always capped, and some of you have all ready admitted that (See the JoL post) and you have admitted that str is the best for gekko, so how is 5 str > 7 str especially when accuracy is so easy to cap on 95% of mobs. I want to be enlightened.

THE BOLD TEXT HOLDS THE ANSWERS TO OUR DREAMS!
 Ifrit.Zibo
Server: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 18:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Don't weaponskill i. askar, for that use a domaru, you gain str and stp. On the other hand... Domaru is STILL stupid to TP in because it takes all of a week if that to get an Askar Body.

As for Argettio, you should be ashamed of yourself for flaming people and telling them to use sushi. My sam was capping acc at 75 with meat, now at 80 doing the same events I gain 43 accuracy (23 from skill 20 from level correction). This means that in situations where I even needed to use pizza, my accuracy is now capped at with meat. The only time a sam will ever need accuracy, pizza will cover, I can not fathom there being more than idk let's say 3 situations where sushi will cap what pizza will not.

As for /drg it is situational with a single hit GK. I myself am about to finish my OAT weapon and I plan on running a 26% haste OAT build. The reason OAT is so good with /drg is because jumps stack with the DA thereby doubling its usefulness. (The fact that you /drg and get an acc bonus and still decide to use sushi furthers your stupidity)

Lastly, 20.0tp/hit is NOT a good 5hit. You want 20.2-20.4 to get a comfortable 5 hit while maintaining a strong ws build. Every 1 stp you add to your tp build takes away ~4-5 you need in your WS build, allowing you to use more str.

I said use pizza when accuracy is low, and then I later clarified that the low acc situations I was referring too were on mobs that were high level and also had a high defense, which does make pizza a useful food. THAT is how I see this conversation in my eyes.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 18:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Needz moar obscure random pics to enforce posts.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 18:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Don't weaponskill i. askar, for that use a domaru, you gain str and stp. On the other hand... Domaru is STILL stupid to TP in because it takes all of a week if that to get an Askar Body.

As for Argettio, you should be ashamed of yourself for flaming people and telling them to use sushi. My sam was capping acc at 75 with meat, now at 80 doing the same events I gain 43 accuracy (23 from skill 20 from level correction). This means that in situations where I even needed to use pizza, my accuracy is now capped at with meat. The only time a sam will ever need accuracy, pizza will cover, I can not fathom there being more than idk let's say 3 situations where sushi will cap what pizza will not.

As for /drg it is situational with a single hit GK. I myself am about to finish my OAT weapon and I plan on running a 26% haste OAT build. The reason OAT is so good with /drg is because jumps stack with the DA thereby doubling its usefulness. (The fact that you /drg and get an acc bonus and still decide to use sushi furthers your stupidity)

Lastly, 20.0tp/hit is NOT a good 5hit. You want 20.2-20.4 to get a comfortable 5 hit while maintaining a strong ws build. Every 1 stp you add to your tp build takes away ~4-5 you need in your WS build, allowing you to use more str.

I said use pizza when accuracy is low, and then I later clarified that the low acc situations I was referring too were on mobs that were high level and also had a high defense, which does make pizza a useful food. THAT is how I see this conversation in my eyes.

The Samurai in your avatar is disappoint in you being so gimp.

Gear means NOTHING these days.

But seriously,
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 18:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
I'll admit I've skewed some truths but I hold fast that when accuracy is capped 7 str > 5 str (red curry) and that some mobs have such high defense, that attack is not ignorable whether it be for melee or ws damage. Keep using sushi I don't give a flying ***, but realize gekko is not always capped, and some of you have all ready admitted that (See the JoL post) and you have admitted that str is the best for gekko, so how is 5 str > 7 str especially when accuracy is so easy to cap on 95% of mobs. I want to be enlightened.

By skewing truths, I meant not presenting exact examples for every single thing I said, making most of them seem imaginary, and then later "back tracking" to try and present cases where my examples would hold true.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 18:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

His situationals are imaginary. You heard it here.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 18:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

The man in your avatar should be eating chicken.

Stereotypes mean NOTHING these days.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 18:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
His situationals are imaginary. You heard it here.

See: "seem"
 Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-18 18:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

By skewing truths, I meant not presenting exact examples for every single thing I said, making most of them seem imaginary, and then later "back tracking" to try and present cases where my examples would hold true.

Sure thing, buddy.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 18:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

The man in your avatar should be eating chicken.

Stereotypes mean NOTHING these days.

Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-18 18:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna use one of my favorite ones.

Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 18:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Sure thing, buddy.

You entered this thread with the mindset of disregarding everything I say as being false, without opening your mind to the possibilities. Keep thinking sushi is great for everything, you are definitely good Samurais.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 18:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Sure thing, buddy.

You entered this thread with the mindset of disregarding everything I say as being false, without opening your mind to the possibilities. Keep thinking sushi is great for everything, you are definitely good Samurais.

Please quote where Borealis stated Sushi was the best food for every situation.

I'll wait.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-18 18:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok its boring now. It is like talking to a wall.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 18:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This back and forth is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. He already ackowledged Pizza being inferior to Sushi which is true. And sushi inferior to Curry when accuracy is close to cap. Also true. With pizza pulling ahead for stuff like JoL, also true.

[deadhorse][/deadhorse] here.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 18:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Sure thing, buddy.

I'll wait.

Please list the foods you would use other that sushi and what those situations would be... I'll wait. (Hint: It better not be curry or pizza or you'll look like a dumbass)
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 18:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
This back and forth is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. He already ackowledged Pizza being inferior to Sushi which is true. And sushi inferior to Curry when accuracy is close to cap. Also true. With pizza pulling ahead for stuff like JoL, also true.

[deadhorse][/deadhorse] here.

The one person I had any repect for this entire thread. /thread
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-08-18 18:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys shud all go to one server and ballista 1v1. One person useing sushi another meat, whoever wins can talk!
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 18:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

See: This thread sucks, As it's just another fckin sam gear advice thread. 1 in a million.

You know why sam threads outnumber every other 10 to 1? Because of bandwagoners that don't know what they're doing.

Jesus, Sam has to be one of the simplest jobs in game, and yet there is always so much animosity.

I'm really bored with this now, as the same argument is reworded over and over. I'm leaving in a few minutes, See ya in a couple days xiah.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 18:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Sure thing, buddy.

I'll wait.

Please list the foods you would use other that sushi and what those situations would be... I'll wait. (Hint: It better not be curry or pizza or you'll look like a dumbass)

I'm still waiting for the quote where Borealis states that Sushi is the best food for any situation.

ONCE A *** GAIN you are straw-manning the argument.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 18:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Sure thing, buddy.

I'll wait.

I'm still waiting for the quote where Borealis states that Sushi is the best food for any situation.

Ok you want to use caps so I will too.

MY WHOLE POINT IS THAT SUSHI ISN'T ALWAYS THE BEST, I THEN STARTED LISTING SCENARIOS WHERE SUSHI IS BEATEN. YOU ALL NERDRAGE I GET DEFENSIVE. NOTHING IS ACCOMPLISHED BECAUSE YOU ARE BLIND.
 Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-18 18:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm off to my golden bed with my 3 models and Zibo's mum, work tomorrow. Toodles.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 18:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Sure thing, buddy.

I'll wait.

Ok you want to use caps so I will too.

MY WHOLE POINT IS THAT SUSHI ISN'T ALWAYS THE BEST, I THEN STARTED LISTING SCENARIOS WHERE SUSHI IS BEATEN. YOU ALL NERDRAGE I GET DEFENSIVE. NOTHING IS ACCOMPLISHED BECAUSE YOU ARE BLIND.

COMING FROM THE PERSON WHO OPENLY ADMITTED TO 'SKEWING TRUTHS' YOUR POINT WAS WRONG ORIGINALLY, IT GOT PROVEN WRONG AND NOW YOU ARE TRYING TO COVER YOUR TRACK BY SAYING YOU MEANT SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY. YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS PAPER THIN AND A BLIND HOBO COULD SEE WHAT AN IDIOT YOU ARE. PLEASE STOP PLAYING SAMURAI, SOMEONE WITH YOUR MINDSET MAKES EVERY OTHER SAMURAI LOOK BAD. I WOULD ACTUALLY STAB YOU IN THE EYE IF I KNEW YOU IN REAL LIFE THEN PISS IN YOUR BLEEDING EYE SOCKET

I SAID ALL OF THIS INCREDIBLY CALMLY, BUT USING CAPS MAKES ME LOOK LIKE THE HULK.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-08-18 18:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yagudo Drinks are the best.. idk how this was left out. You self SC and thunder2 MB ftw :D
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 18:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet we're all now in agreeance of which food beats which and when.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 18:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I should stop playing samurai because I had a huge argument that was a misunderstanding, righttt.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 18:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Yet we're all now in agreeance of which food beats which and when.

We are indeed, I think most of us always were to be honest.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 18:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
I should stop playing samurai because I had a huge argument that was a misunderstanding, righttt.

Yes... 'Misunderstanding' -_-
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-18 19:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can i eats Bison steaks for 6 STRZ and MAOR ATTACKS than yellow curry (cuz seriously who buys red curry its expensive as hell for no real reason lol)!?!?!? LOL Sorry was reading this entire thread and it needed a lil more lulz
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9