Samurai Equipment Help :)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Equipment help :)
Samurai Equipment help :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-18 16:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Only time I don't use it is where I'm not supposed to TP on the mob and the SC purpose of Gekko/Kasha.

Even in zerg with BRD it's just unreal, even before the lv80 cap, I hate to think what it'll be like 90/99.
 Bahamut.Drevin
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-08-18 16:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Diabolos.Artfuldodger said:
If you added a Rajas Ring and ate Carbonara, you could get a 6-hit build, which iirc equates to something like 15% haste. A lot of people don't like relying on food to achieve x-hit builds, especially if you're killing colibri @55, but it's a great performance boost having a build that takes one less swing to reach 100% TP. I think you only need the Shinimusha Haidate to have your 7-hit build currently, so the Hara-Ate is overkill on Store TP (I'd replace it w/ a Jujitsu Gi). And don't forget your WS build! At 60 fulltime the Hauby/+1, never ever ever ever ever use a Domaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Haste =/= xhit builds.7 hit to 6 hit is a 20% increase in ws freq. though. 46 stp on a 450 delay gkt for a 6 hit, 20 from traits, 26 more. Shini body/legs/rajas/carbonara = 26 exactly. Just to give some math on it.
Ifrit.Vextra said:
If you added a Rajas Ring and ate Carbonara, you could get a 6-hit build, which iirc equates to something like 15% haste. A lot of people don't like relying on food to achieve x-hit builds, especially if you're killing colibri @55, but it's a great performance boost having a build that takes one less swing to reach 100% TP. I think you only need the Shinimusha Haidate to have your 7-hit build currently, so the Hara-Ate is overkill on Store TP (I'd replace it w/ a Jujitsu Gi). And don't forget your WS build! At 60 fulltime the Hauby/+1, never ever ever ever ever use a Domaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
need the domaru at 80 for a 5 hit if you dont have askar or usukane
Just go die
I like your denali bonnet dumb ***
i'm probly late. but HE GAWT EET THE OTHER NIGHT!! XD he fulltimes it too >:3
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-18 16:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam was my favorite job for a very short period of time..and now its prolly my least used job now.

Sam was always my DD dynamis job so naturally I got tired of it.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-18 16:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Drevin said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Haste =/= xhit builds.7 hit to 6 hit is a 20% increase in ws freq. though. 46 stp on a 450 delay gkt for a 6 hit, 20 from traits, 26 more. Shini body/legs/rajas/carbonara = 26 exactly. Just to give some math on it.
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Just go die
Just end the thread now a wild Drevin has appeared.
 Bahamut.Drevin
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-08-18 16:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Drevin said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Just go die
Just end the thread now a wild Drevin has appeared.
I. Hate. You.
go die in a hole
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-18 16:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
ITT: ATT is autocapped during TP.
Weren't you saying something about uncapped acc on SAM not so long ago? Even if not, trade in your acc pieces for damage. TP in a STR ring, etc. 6 STR fulltime and whatever trades you can make (or desirable acc) vs attack that's likely only relevant during TP phase on a job with a 40:60 split post-Hagun.
 Ifrit.Zibo
Server: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 16:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

End it before Zorander keeps talking to himself >.>
 Bahamut.Drevin
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-08-18 16:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
End it before Zorander keeps talking to himself >.>
thank you >:3
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-18 16:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
ITT: ATT is autocapped during TP.

I never said that attack is capped during TP

I said a 5-10% increase in your TP phase damage from pizza (which is 1.175-3.5% increase your overall damage) is worth less than 3-6% increase in your WS damage from the STR on sushi (which is 1.95-3.9% increase your overall damage).

Also sushi will allow for more aggressive builds TP with things like STR rings, JTorque etc.
Ifrit.Zibo said:
1) Hit a mob with no food
2) Hit it with pizza
3) Look at the increase per swing

1) Weaponskill a mob w/o zerk a couple times
2) Do it again with zerk up

Attack makes a difference, it increases melee dmg and, whether or not Gekko has an Att mod, it still increases dmg and it is pretty obvious when you ws w/ food on and w/o food on.

Go read up on Gekko, then come back and we can talk.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 16:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, you are just dumb. You fail to realize how much overkill Sam's accuracy was on most old content w/o pizza at 75, let alone 80.

14 from merits, 10 from hasso, standard gear (Haub+1 Sniper's [+1] bushinomimi Ranged-Slot PCC), and now with the level increase it is another 43 accuracy to play with.

Moral of the story = eat curry when acc is capped (most of the time) and pizza when it isn't.

Curry will give you the str of sushi AND the att from pizza (and then some) on mobs where accuracy gives you 0 bonuses

Pizza will cap your accuracy on the rare mobs that you aren't capped on, and then it will give you an attack boost. This attack bonus probably WOULD affect weaponskills because any mob that is so high level it can evade you consistantly, will probably have a reasonable defense to go alone with it, which would mean even Gekko's omgwtfbbq att bonus isn't sufficient enough to make att useless.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 16:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
1) Hit a mob with no food
2) Hit it with pizza
3) Look at the increase per swing

1) Weaponskill a mob w/o zerk a couple times
2) Do it again with zerk up

Attack makes a difference, it increases melee dmg and, whether or not Gekko has an Att mod, it still increases dmg and it is pretty obvious when you ws w/ food on and w/o food on.

Attack makes little to no difference on melee swings if you're not fighting something with high def or buffs. Also decreasing xhit for 100 lowers your total regular melee dmg and leans more towards WS, which, get cratio bonuses. Attacks moot, sushi gives extra fSTR.
 Shiva.Borealis
Server: Shiva
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-18 16:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Honestly, you are just dumb. You fail to realize how much overkill Sam's accuracy was on most old content w/o pizza at 75, let alone 80.

14 from merits, 10 from hasso, standard gear (Haub+1 Sniper's [+1] bushinomimi Ranged-Slot PCC), and now with the level increase it is another 43 accuracy to play with.

Moral of the story = eat curry when acc is capped (most of the time) and pizza when it isn't.

Curry will give you the str of sushi AND the att from pizza (and then some) on mobs where accuracy gives you 0 bonuses

Pizza will cap your accuracy on the rare mobs that you aren't capped on, and then it will give you an attack boost. This attack bonus probably WOULD affect weaponskills because any mob that is so high level it can evade you consistantly, will probably have a reasonable defense to go alone with it, which would mean even Gekko's omgwtfbbq att bonus isn't sufficient enough to make att useless.

Seriously, Gekko caps on almost everything. If the many other people telling you that you are wrong doesn't persuade you go read up on it, there's a lot of math.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 16:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I lol at SAM/WAR w/o polearm.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 16:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Seriously, Gekko caps on almost everything. If the many other people telling you that you are wrong doesn't persuade you go read up on it, there's a lot of math.

Says the kid tp'ing in Hachiman Kote/Ace's Helm, food aside, get some haste.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 17:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
This is why I lol at SAM/WAR w/o polearm.

Says the drg that... well just look at yourself. *shivers*
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 17:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The argument is very simple, 90% of the content you do you will have capped acc BEFORE food. So there is NO reason to eat food with Acc+Str on it.
 Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-18 17:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Town gear, bro. No-one said anything about me TPing in that ***. lol.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 17:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how all arguments boil down to TPing in ace's O-o
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-18 17:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Too bad it's true?
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 17:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When they start with something stupid, they usually end with something stupid.
 Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-18 17:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
When they start with something stupid, they usually end with something stupid.

Coming from someone who thinks they need attack for Gekko.

Lrn2SAM
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 17:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said I needed att for Gekko. I ws in full str. The point was that acc that does absolutely NOTHING is worse than att.
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-08-18 17:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So much hate in this thread.

Got 5stp katanna yday and after another Byakko am 0/12 on Haidate.

Maybe trying again tonight.

I can believe the 50% drop on pants as since everyone i know 1/1 them i balance it out.

Played with the 5hit build (that i have, not by any means steller) fun as hell.

Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-18 17:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
I never said I needed att for Gekko. I ws in full str. The point was that acc that does absolutely NOTHING is worse than att.
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 17:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're telling me that weaponskilling with food = weaponskilling without food. The marginal str you gain from eating food does not represent the damage boosts you recieve. WS'ing with attack gear on is stupid, but eating curry is not.

I hate to do something like this, but go look up Failure on Phoenix, he is known for crunching numbers, and I believe the last 2 foods he has bought are Marinara +1 and Yellow Curry.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 17:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The attack would have far less of an effect on Y/G/K than an increase to fSTR and WS mods would.
 Shiva.Borealis
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-18 17:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
So you're telling me that weaponskilling with food = weaponskilling without food. The marginal str you gain from eating food does not represent the damage boosts you recieve. WS'ing with attack gear on is stupid, but eating curry is not.

I hate to do something like this, but go look up Failure on Phoenix, he is known for crunching numbers, and I believe the last 2 foods he has bought are Marinara +1 and Yellow Curry.

Nice dodge, bro.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 17:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's been fully realized, it's that you are getting the SAME str from Curry (more if you use red) and the att. Acc can be completely disregarded in most cases, meanwhile the att does still play a role.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-18 17:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
The attack would have far less of an effect on Y/G/K than an increase to fSTR and WS mods would.

Unless the bonus on y/g/k doesn't cap attack, which would be... hardly ever.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 17:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I can think of that it wouldn't naturally cap would be maybe... JoL? And even then...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9