Samurai Equipment Help :)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Equipment help :)
Samurai Equipment help :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ifrit.Vextra
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-18 02:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Diabolos.Artfuldodger said:
If you added a Rajas Ring and ate Carbonara, you could get a 6-hit build, which iirc equates to something like 15% haste. A lot of people don't like relying on food to achieve x-hit builds, especially if you're killing colibri @55, but it's a great performance boost having a build that takes one less swing to reach 100% TP. I think you only need the Shinimusha Haidate to have your 7-hit build currently, so the Hara-Ate is overkill on Store TP (I'd replace it w/ a Jujitsu Gi). And don't forget your WS build!

At 60 fulltime the Hauby/+1, never ever ever ever ever use a Domaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Haste =/= xhit builds.7 hit to 6 hit is a 20% increase in ws freq. though. 46 stp on a 450 delay gkt for a 6 hit, 20 from traits, 26 more. Shini body/legs/rajas/carbonara = 26 exactly. Just to give some math on it.

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Diabolos.Artfuldodger said:
If you added a Rajas Ring and ate Carbonara, you could get a 6-hit build, which iirc equates to something like 15% haste. A lot of people don't like relying on food to achieve x-hit builds, especially if you're killing colibri @55, but it's a great performance boost having a build that takes one less swing to reach 100% TP. I think you only need the Shinimusha Haidate to have your 7-hit build currently, so the Hara-Ate is overkill on Store TP (I'd replace it w/ a Jujitsu Gi). And don't forget your WS build!

At 60 fulltime the Hauby/+1, never ever ever ever ever use a Domaruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

need the domaru at 80 for a 5 hit if you dont have askar or usukane

Just go die

I like your denali bonnet dumb ***
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 02:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:

Haste =/= xhit builds.7 hit to 6 hit is a 20% increase in ws freq. though.

Not exactly the same. When you're at high levels of Haste sacrificing certain amounts in favor of a lower xhit is less efficient. 6 > 5hit is a 25% increase, but loses to about, 7? haste at high haste levels.
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

Just go die

He's not wrong. Using accuracy food and a domaru beats STP food and a haub.
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-18 02:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Not exactly the same. When you're at high levels of Haste sacrificing certain amounts in favor of a lower xhit is less efficient. 6 > 5hit is a 25% increase, but loses to about, 7? haste at high haste levels.
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

Just go die

finally someone who isn't a moron.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-18 02:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Vextra said:
I like your denali bonnet dumb ***

Omg, someone fell for my troll attempt. Didn't think it would actually work XD.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Bahamut.Serj said:

Bahamut.Serj said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

Just go die

We're agreeing to the first part.

To the second part, you shouldn't be using carbonara or domaru endgame, ever. Which was all that I was talking about. The argument is further irrelevant when you can lose the carbonara at 70 and use normal food and tp in haub and attilla's, or something.

Edit: you're also *** contradicting yourself by saying giving up gear for a 5 hit is pointless then defending him using a domaru to get a 5 hit.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 02:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, no. I said giving up Haste increments to obtain an xhit build when at high levels of haste is inefficient. Using a domaru/sushi instead of Haub/Carb is not sacrificing any Haste.

My set

20.0tp/hit + sushi if I'm whiffing.

If you're still bandwagoning the oh so old domaruuuuu crap from 06 then there's some misplaced priorities there.

[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-18 02:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Could totally be using askar or usu during tp cause you have too much stp. 64 stp on keito = 5 hit. You're using 69. Domaru sucks, there's no way to justify it.

Edit: this assumes you're using the kasha +10% gkt, using the stp gkt and forgoing the body is a much better route. You're just doing it wrong.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-18 03:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Could totally be using askar or usu during tp cause you have too much stp. 64 stp on keito = 5 hit. You're using 68. Domaru sucks, there's no way to justify it.

Edit: this assumes you're using the kasha +10% gkt, using the stp gkt and forgoing the body is a much better route. You're just doing it wrong.

you are an idiot, period
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 03:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, what? Count it up again.
Weapon: 5
Rajas: 5
Usu feet: 7
Brutal: 1
Domaru: 7
Grip +4

7+7 = 14
+5 = 19
+1 = 20
+5 = 25
+4 = 29

Traits :35

35+29 = 64

??????????

Using Askar or Usukane wouldn't actually give me the 5hit without using say, ecphoria/white tath or something else. That aside, using accuracy food Domaru offers higher offensive stats thanks to 2.25 fSTR. Askar probably does pull ahead thanks to DA increments, but saying Domaru is useless? Stop stupid.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-18 03:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Could totally be using askar or usu during tp cause you have too much stp. 64 stp on keito = 5 hit. You're using 68. Domaru sucks, there's no way to justify it. Edit: this assumes you're using the kasha +10% gkt, using the stp gkt and forgoing the body is a much better route. You're just doing it wrong.

All so quite,do dah do do dah dah bo bo!
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-18 04:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to admit it, but Domaru isn't a completely LOL piece any more.

Moving from a 6hit to a 5hit is a 25% increase in WS damage, or 15-17.5% increase in total damage. This is ridiculous increase, and it can 'cover up' for some gear choices that would otherwise be massively sub-par. As a GKT SAM should be /DRG and eating sushi most of the time the loss of a Hauby's stats isn't enough to 'break' the build.

Personally I think people still SHOULD be ashamed at using a Domaru as Askar body isn't hard to get and is a far better piece.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-18 05:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

this gk makes me sad
i gotta lot SAM af peices for myochin haidate +1 now to keep 5 hit in ws >.>

TP

upgrades:
hachiman kote +1
acc+7 ring
goading belt
hauby+1

WS
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-18 13:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are you getting 45 from? You only have 35 STP with merits. <_<
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 13:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Where the *** are you getting 45 from? 25base STP + 5*2 merits. 35.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-18 13:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Where are you getting 45 from? You only have 35 STP with merits. <_<

/facepalms, this is why you shouldn't do math at 4 am.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-18 13:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys can augment the domaru body... Anyone try and what stat they got?
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-18 13:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

My *** apparently. I can do math good /sigh
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-18 13:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

My *** apparently. I can do math good /sigh

Fair enough, I was seriously confused where you were coming from till you said that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-18 13:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, don't do drugs kids.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-08-18 13:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew something was wrong this morning when I saw 5 hit without the stp. Anyway >_<
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 15:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't weaponskill i. askar, for that use a domaru, you gain str and stp. On the other hand... Domaru is STILL stupid to TP in because it takes all of a week if that to get an Askar Body.

As for Argettio, you should be ashamed of yourself for flaming people and telling them to use sushi. My sam was capping acc at 75 with meat, now at 80 doing the same events I gain 43 accuracy (23 from skill 20 from level correction). This means that in situations where I even needed to use pizza, my accuracy is now capped at with meat. The only time a sam will ever need accuracy, pizza will cover, I can not fathom there being more than idk let's say 3 situations where sushi will cap what pizza will not.

As for /drg it is situational with a single hit GK. I myself am about to finish my OAT weapon and I plan on running a 26% haste OAT build. The reason OAT is so good with /drg is because jumps stack with the DA thereby doubling its usefulness. (The fact that you /drg and get an acc bonus and still decide to use sushi furthers your stupidity)

Lastly, 20.0tp/hit is NOT a good 5hit. You want 20.2-20.4 to get a comfortable 5 hit while maintaining a strong ws build. Every 1 stp you add to your tp build takes away ~4-5 you need in your WS build, allowing you to use more str.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-18 15:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't use the sushi that gives STR. Use pizza which gives no STR, just some attack that's pretty useless.

Pro advice...

[+]
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 15:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Hit a mob with no food
2) Hit it with pizza
3) Look at the increase per swing

1) Weaponskill a mob w/o zerk a couple times
2) Do it again with zerk up

Attack makes a difference, it increases melee dmg and, whether or not Gekko has an Att mod, it still increases dmg and it is pretty obvious when you ws w/ food on and w/o food on.
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-18 16:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: ATT is autocapped during TP.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-18 16:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
1) Hit a mob with no food 2) Hit it with pizza 3) Look at the increase per swing 1) Weaponskill a mob w/o zerk a couple times 2) Do it again with zerk up Attack makes a difference, it increases melee dmg and, whether or not Gekko has an Att mod, it still increases dmg and it is pretty obvious when you ws w/ food on and w/o food on.
He's pretty pro..I think he would know.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 16:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know people still used sushi O-o
wth is this nonsense
 Shiva.Borealis
Server: Shiva
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-18 16:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
1) Hit a mob with no food
2) Hit it with pizza
3) Look at the increase per swing

1) Weaponskill a mob w/o zerk a couple times
2) Do it again with zerk up

Attack makes a difference, it increases melee dmg and, whether or not Gekko has an Att mod, it still increases dmg and it is pretty obvious when you ws w/ food on and w/o food on.

Gekko in almost all situations will cap attack, adding more is pointless. So Gekko with berserk up is going to do the same as it would have w/o it.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-18 16:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is all besides the fact that a sam's accuracy (especially /drg as he proposes) is capped on every single old content event before food is accounted for meaning that they should be eating meat anyway. And if you want to push for str+ (seeing as that's all sushi has when acc is capped besides dex which isn't useful unless you are approaching crit cap) then why not use red curry which is +7?
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-18 16:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Polearm a lot so Pizza wins for me!
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-18 16:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I use Polearm a lot so Pizza wins for me!
I only ever used Polearm @ birds and I wouldn't use pizza them damn birds are hungary little ***.

Since update I have only be on sam for 1 night and that going from 75-80..I don't think i've touched the job since then..in fact I was going to leave it at 75 until I learned of Abyssea.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9