FFXI To End In 2010?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI to end in 2010?
FFXI to end in 2010?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Vette
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Vette
By Bahamut.Vette 2010-02-18 19:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL
 Bahamut.Vette
Server: Bahamut
user: Vette
By Bahamut.Vette 2010-02-18 19:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Hey guys, I heard that in the year 2000 all the computers will crash, satellites will fall from the sky and all the worlds nukes will go off D= I'm scared ; ;

lol
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-18 19:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

this is it

GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-02-18 20:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Every time I see a thread about this, it makes we want to mimic the OP's avatar. How many times has SE said that FFXI will continue to be supported as long as people still play? How many times have they said they want FFXI and FFXIV to exist simultaneously and that they want you to play both?

No doubt sir, I swear everyone that is saying the game is done, ending, or about to be done is ignorant. They are just trying to create and spread rumors (some posts even say it plainly that it is just rumor, posts in this very thread) when they dont know crap about that situation and they never will until the same time as everyone else does. Until then if that's the best they got to do then they can just leave the game now and not wait for the true end so people who enjoy the game actually can without their ***.

Then again some people have left but still come here which is like, so freaking weird in itself. That's like, moving out of your parents house but you're still trying to suck on the nipple.
[+]
 Cerberus.Inglorion
Server: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-02-18 20:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

/wrist
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 06:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Every time I see a thread about this, it makes we want to mimic the OP's avatar. How many times has SE said that FFXI will continue to be supported as long as people still play? How many times have they said they want FFXI and FFXIV to exist simultaneously and that they want you to play both?
No doubt sir, I swear everyone that is saying the game is done, ending, or about to be done is ignorant. They are just trying to create and spread rumors (some posts even say it plainly that it is just rumor, posts in this very thread) when they dont know crap about that situation and they never will until the same time as everyone else does. Until then if that's the best they got to do then they can just leave the game now and not wait for the true end so people who enjoy the game actually can without their ***. Then again some people have left but still come here which is like, so freaking weird in itself. That's like, moving out of your parents house but you're still trying to suck on the nipple.
I hope it's a rumor, because i still have loads to do in the game. I'm just paranoid because i played Phantasy Star Universe on the PS2/PC server and well they announced the server's doomsday in January and i have til March 31st to take as many memory screen shots as i can.

I'm not saying it's true and i'm not saying it's false, it's only February and we have 10 more months left in the year. Things can happen, change, and whatnot.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 07:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but PSU has been around how much longer than ffxi? And is like pretty much dead anyways isn't it?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-19 07:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

/movieguy

"In the year 2012, the year the Mayans proclaim will be the end of days, one man will unknowingly start the demise of the human race. John Cusack, in quite possibly the last role of his life, is that guy. Prepare yourself for a world where everything turns to ***and cockroaches take over the earth.

Welcome to Roach Island."

/endmovieguy
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 07:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah but PSU has been around how much longer than ffxi? And is like pretty much dead anyways isn't it?
i think PSU started in like 2005/6ish. FF11 is way older than PSU tho. Besides, PS online games don't last long. (PSO, PSOBB and so on)
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-02-19 07:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Big deal, I'm sure not many of you notice now but when playing FFXI it feels like driving a 1970 citroen. The game is simply old and outdated.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 07:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah I was thinking PSO
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 07:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Big deal, I'm sure not many of you notice now but when playing FFXI it feels like driving a 1970 citroen. The game is simply old and outdated.
At least it's not like EQ or EQOA(for PS2) where it feels like a Ford T-Model. lol
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-19 08:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope not. I have only been playing for 5 months!!
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-19 15:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't worry about it. Game isn't that likely to end this year. SE's still making money on it.
 Hades.Neverslip
Server: Hades
user: Nevers
By Hades.Neverslip 2010-02-19 16:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... SE would be stupid to kill the cow that many MANY people are still wanting the milk from.

"We could make billions still... meh... F it... let's not and say we did..."

I don't even think "not making $$$$" is a thought process seen at SE anymore.
 Fenrir.Riousan
Server: Fenrir
user: Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-02-20 13:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Make FF-14 free to play = more players. All other games are becoming free to play online. SE is rich as it is with making various MMORPGS on the market and already has made profit with FF-11.

Of course, some *** monkey is going to disagree with me here because either:

A) They work for them
B) Will Agree with SE's regardless because they are "god"
C) Suck ups
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-02-20 13:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Riousan said:
Make FF-14 free to play = more players.
If its F2P game I'm not even gonna bother.
F2P mmo's have the worse playerbase from my experience.
Oh and they also have all those lovely "cash shops" where you can spend hundreds of dollars a month and still not have an equal playing field as others.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-02-20 13:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Free MMOs almost always cost money. How are they going to pay for their server maintenance/updates/internet fees for free? Most free MMOs cut something away from you "Oh you want to a Mog House huh? You'll have to upgrade to a silver gold account kid." Free MMOs that still do the above usually have fewer updates. Brazilians can play free MMOs. BR?! BR?! GIV MONIES PLOX! LOL I RPORT U!! GIV MONIES PLOZ!!
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-02-20 13:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see it now "This zone brought to you by Hersheys. *buffering video*" No thanks I think I'll stick to paying for my MMOs. At least the 12 year olds with poor parents are kept out.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-20 13:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously monthly subscription keeps the playing field more or less level and it's not like omg $10 a month breaks the bank. Most people pay more than that on just food in a day
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-20 13:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is not going to make FFXIV free to play. They're a business. How the hell are they going to make money off their product by not charging people to play? Post advertisements on billboards around the cities? Have little logos on the armors. People walking around with Pepsi or Coke or Trojan Condom logos on them. It'll most likely cost the same as FFXI. I see FFXI costing a little less eventually when they're done adding content but FFXIV will definitely be pay to play.
 Fenrir.Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-02-20 14:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
I can see it now "This zone brought to you by Hersheys. *buffering video*" No thanks I think I'll stick to paying for my MMOs. At least the 12 year olds with poor parents are kept out.

I don't like *** pickers who suck up to square enix. You get more players that will most likely play a game that is free to play online. Economy is bad and SE has never ceased to think about lowering the price of the monthly cost of $12.9 milking off millions of players.

Look at world of warcraft, it's free to play online and millions play it (even though I hate the game and never played it).

The big picture is, they make money. They have nothing to worry about funding and neither should you (and I mean, really? You're worried about SE losing money?) servers or whatever automatic garbage they do, it's the same thing what world of warcraft does most likely.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-20 14:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Riousan said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

I don't like *** pickers who suck up to square enix. You get more players that will most likely play a game that is free to play online. Economy is bad and SE has never ceased to think about lowering the price of the monthly cost of $12.9 milking off millions of players.

Look at world of warcraft, it's free to play online and millions play it (even though I hate the game and never played it).

The big picture is, they make money. They have nothing to worry about funding and neither should you (and I mean, really? You're worried about SE losing money?) servers or whatever automatic garbage they do, it's the same thing what world of warcraft does most likely.

Actually SE isn't as rich as you may think. They've been having financial problems as of late so yeah they do need the money. And the point they were making is a good one. I'd want mature young adults/adults playing with me because they have a better chance at being mature and fun to play with. By charging money, it keeps younger kids and stupid people away. Not all of them but enough to make the game fun.
[+]
 Fenrir.Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-02-20 14:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But how do you know exactly they're tight on money? That makes no sense. If they created a game that millions play(even non-online playing games)then obviously they wouldn't have created an online game and a sequel like to FF-14.

If they have enough money to make an opera for FF-11 instruments to play them stupid bag pipe theme of Sandoria, then I'm very sure they're not broke to make free or at least reduce the price.

Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-20 14:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well before 2004, Uematsu Nobuo (music dewd for many Final Fantasies) was part of the Square company, so I doubt it would cost 'em much to make the songs for his own company.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-20 14:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Riousan said:
But how do you know exactly they're tight on money? That makes no sense. If they created a game that millions play(even non-online playing games)then obviously they wouldn't have created an online game and a sequel like to FF-14.

If they have enough money to make an opera for FF-11 instruments to play them stupid bag pipe theme of Sandoria, then I'm very sure they're not broke to make free or at least reduce the price.

Making games isn't cheap. They've invested MILLIONS of dollars in their game and they're getting their money back slowly. You assume too much. They don't see massive returns up front. They still have to pay their employees after the fact on top of the production costs on top of servers and the maintenance for those. You're talking a lot of money for just one game. 9 years later after FFXI launch, they're raking in profit sure but back when it first came out, they didn't have money to spare.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-20 14:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate people that are so greedy they would want a company to lose millions of dollars so they could save $10 a month.

Turns out you want stuff in this world you pay for it. It is the goddamn american way. You have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Ie you have the right to work for it. Don't expect no goddamn hand out. And if you can't afford $10 month... then you don't deserve to play.

Seriously min wage is over half that anywhere and up here min wage is almost $9. Hmmm a full months entertainment for the cost of an hours "work" at the most dead-end POS job? Sounds like a job deal to me.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-02-20 14:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

>world of warcraft, it's free to play online
Stopped reading there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-02-20 14:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I hate people that are so greedy they would want a company to lose millions of dollars so they could save $10 a month. Turns out you want stuff in this world you pay for it. It is the goddamn american way. You have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Ie you have the right to work for it. Don't expect no goddamn hand out. And if you can't afford $10 month... then you don't deserve to play. Seriously min wage is over half that anywhere and up here min wage is almost $9. Hmmm a full months entertainment for the cost of an hours "work" at the most dead-end POS job? Sounds like a job deal to me.

FF is supposed to be a game, not a career. I smell RMT...
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-02-20 14:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Riousan said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:

WoW has a Free trial period just like FFXI it most certainly is not free to play.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq/general.html said:
There are three subscription options: a month-to-month package at $14.99 per month, a three-month plan at $13.99 per month, and a six-month plan at $12.99 per month. The subscription fees for the three-month plan and the six-month plan must be paid in full.

For the company to PAY people to create new content for an MMO they need to have monthly fees.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9