FFXI To End In 2010?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI to end in 2010?
FFXI to end in 2010?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-17 07:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I feel that the playerbase isn't even going to be from XI - it's just going to be a new one. It's Japan after all - MMOs are like new games, where as in America MMOs only get popular from word of mouth. The only MMO that even has any commercials here is WoW.
TOON TOWN.

Seriously though, from a "business" standpoint, closing down XI would be a gamble SE knows it would win. The people that DON'T kill themselves will want to find a new MMO, no matter what they say. Way, way, way more players will go to FFXI2.0 than to stay without a MMO.

Not saying everyone will. But so many people are addicted to FFXI it's *** silly. Problem being, people refuse to admit it. If crack became nonexistant, and a crack substitute was made...a lot more addicts would go to the substitute than stop doing the drug altogether. It's been proven that MMO addictions are just as bad when it comes to the cravings and the mentality of "NEEDING" it.

Instead of pay for two games and a bunch of EXTRA servers, they can just close the smaller game down and support one, with new AND old consumers paying for it. And chances are, for a higher subscription fee...as well as having to buy the disks to play.

Edit: But SE never made sense. FFXI isn't closing this year, no matter how much laaaaawlz it would be.

I think you put way too much thought into that paragraph of nonsense.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Albender
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2010-02-17 08:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think as long as there is enough people to fill ONE server, the game will continue to run.

I don't really see FFXI shut down anytime soon.
By Izey 2010-02-17 08:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey heres a question, is Ever Quest 1 Still online ?
By musicsoccer 2010-02-17 08:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
SOE doesn't shut down their games last i heard, so i think EQ1 is still up. Hell even the PS2 port EQ Online Adventures is still up, they only raised the monthly fee on it (used to be 10$ monthly now it's 15$ monthly)
 Sylph.Tearsofblood
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Tearsofblood 2010-02-17 08:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

simple thing look at the story lines currently the three add-on's give your Body, Head and Legs there sure to release something along the same lines for Hands and Feet to make it more or less a full set.
WotG story line still is not fully complete you have had the 3 nations end but seen nothing of jeuno in a large scale for the missions.
Also Zilart we got sky, CoP we got sea, ToAU we got salvage, Nyzul Isle, ZNM and Einherjar but WotG all we have are the augment fights which are not really endgame and ANNM which again is not really endgame which means they could still add something there aswell.
So when you think about it in the long run there still alot they can work with for the game and it wont look like its going to be ended all they might do is condanse the servers which would be the better option cause a lot of people wont go streight to play FFXIV.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Server: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-02-17 08:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me put it this way :
From our points of view : This game is a place where you meet people, play and have fun with them, talk to them, make friends, achieve things together over the years.
>> The game means so much to you.

From Square-Enix's Point of view : You're playing a game ... A GAME !

And i don't think they'll wait until no one plays the game anymore to shut it down. More like shutting it down so all the players will move to FFXIV because they don't have anything else to play.
But yeah, there will be a cool-down time after they release some new contents, like a 2 or more years or so, IF they are going to release something new after this VanaFest 2010
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-17 08:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Let me put it this way : From our points of view : This game is a place where you meet people, play and have fun with them, talk to them, make friends, achieve things together over the years. >> The game means so much to you. From Square-Enix's Point of view : You're playing a game ... A GAME ! And i don't think they'll wait until no one plays the game anymore to shut it down. More like shutting it down so all the players will move to FFXIV because they don't have anything else to play. But yeah, there will be a cool-down time after they release some new contents, like a 2 or more years or so, IF they are going to release something new after this VanaFest 2010
also S-E's point of view is they get money each month via pay-to-play FFXI. It'd be smart of them to keep ffxi up to get more money and leach all the cash they can get until they shut down FFXI.

Yeah, it's a game and games come to an end (except evercrack) so maybe they will end it soon. nobody knows cuz this is the first s-e mmorpg.

edit:
Sylph.Tearsofblood said:
simple thing look at the story lines currently the three add-on's give your Body, Head and Legs there sure to release something along the same lines for Hands and Feet to make it more or less a full set. WotG story line still is not fully complete you have had the 3 nations end but seen nothing of jeuno in a large scale for the missions. Also Zilart we got sky, CoP we got sea, ToAU we got salvage, Nyzul Isle, ZNM and Einherjar but WotG all we have are the augment fights which are not really endgame and ANNM which again is not really endgame which means they could still add something there aswell. So when you think about it in the long run there still alot they can work with for the game and it wont look like its going to be ended all they might do is condanse the servers which would be the better option cause a lot of people wont go streight to play FFXIV.
Storywise, i don't think it matters. Phantasy Star Universe PS2/PC (International servers not JP servers) are closing down at the end of march and the storyline isn't finished. It pisses people off a lot but i guess they're just bearing with it or are going on the 360 servers when the next episode comes out.

I just guess it depends what Square-Enix has to say about it. And about VanFest, as someone stated earlier, it is possible that the announcement is about what this blog-post is about (ffxi coming to an end). Maybe they'll make the last part of the story like a little book like what they did with Final Fantasy VII -> Advent Children (the online novel).
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-02-17 09:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not another one of these threads!

Ok seriously, all these threads do is create unrest among players considering there is no base to the source, create enough and it's kinda like reverse-psychology whether people realize it or not.

People are easily influenced these days, just as the media does.

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
Omg you guys.

Ok, perhaps I didn't make it clear. Perhaps the other 1000 people didn't make it clear.

Perhaps logic didn't make it clear.

Shut the *** up. Nothing is going away.

lol

This guy knows the score!
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-17 09:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Not another one of these threads! Ok seriously, all these threads do is create unrest among players considering there is no base to the source, create enough and it's kinda like reverse-psychology whether people realize it or not. People are easily influenced these days, just as the media does.
Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
Omg you guys. Ok, perhaps I didn't make it clear. Perhaps the other 1000 people didn't make it clear. Perhaps logic didn't make it clear. Shut the *** up. Nothing is going away. lol
This guy knows the score!
I'm usually not influenced on things BUT 99% of the time, SankakuComplex's "rumor" articles come up to be true, which is why i'm scared that this rumor will become true at a later date this year.
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-17 09:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
“How many people will commit suicide when FF11 ends?”
For this very reason, I *** HOPE this rumor is true.

Suicide nerd bombers in Tokyo/Usa? No thanks
 Ramuh.Herrmann
Server: Ramuh
user: Herrmann
By Ramuh.Herrmann 2010-02-17 09:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Glenn Beck told me that FFXI will end at the end of 2010. He said it had something to do with the economy and that Sage Sundi and Hitler both have one thing in common: a liver.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-17 09:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Ramuh.Herrmann said:
Glenn Beck told me that FFXI will end at the end of 2010. He said it had something to do with the economy and that Sage Sundi and Hitler both have one thing in common: a liver.
Hitler was already banned from FFXI for fish botting
POIDH!

Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-02-17 09:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

musicsoccer said:
Izey said:
SOE doesn't shut down their games last i heard, so i think EQ1 is still up. Hell even the PS2 port EQ Online Adventures is still up, they only raised the monthly fee on it (used to be 10$ monthly now it's 15$ monthly)

ffs even ultima online is still running and has new content for it. the "ffxi is ending" threads are really getting old.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-17 09:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
giving away free relics = the end
This^
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-17 09:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lies he's banned from x box live
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-02-17 10:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
giving away free relics = the end
This^

Probably 1 person will end up winning a relic. Honestly though, I don't see anyone winning unless they purposely pick a number someone has chosen. How many SE accounts are there anyway?

People had a ton more chances on the last bonanza and only 45 or so people won rank 1.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-17 10:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks shopped to me
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-17 11:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I can't post the link because I'm just making this up
Fixed the OPs post.

Also there isn't anything on 2ch called 'How many people will commit suicide when FF11 ends?' because I just looked.
[+]
 Siren.Maximillion
Server: Siren
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-02-17 11:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope it doesn't end that soon, I just started enjoying the game all over after like MONTHS and MONTHS of standing in whitegate. D:
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-17 11:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:
I can't post the link because I'm just making this up
Fixed the OPs post. Also there isn't anything on 2ch called 'How many people will commit suicide when FF11 ends?' because I just looked.
i just PM'd you the link.
Siren.Maximillion said:
I hope it doesn't end that soon, I just started enjoying the game all over after like MONTHS and MONTHS of standing in whitegate. D:
So you're one of those Whitegate AFKers? :P
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-17 11:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

posting in soon to be epic no where thread .
 Unicorn.Celestius
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-02-17 12:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There really is no point in shutting down a revenue stream, the game is already abandonwear, try calling a GM lately? no one is there, you get a form response. They will probly make it a micropurchase game, like ffxiv is gonna be, you wont have to buy gil from SEInc's shell websites anymore they will become "honest" about selling you stuff.
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-17 12:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Albender said:
I think as long as there is enough people to fill ONE server, the game will continue to run.

I don't really see FFXI shut down anytime soon.

This. Squenix HAS stated they won't shut down FFXI as long as people are playing it. You really think they'd shut down this game as soon as the XIV came out? That's actually HUGE risk to them financially.
 Unicorn.Celestius
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-02-17 12:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV, lmao the community linkshell site is still Beta after four years, and FFXIV hasnt even gone thru Beta. It'll be 2014 before its ready to go. Servers from 1986 used for FFXI cant be that expensive to run, they probly buy em on Ebay. Since SEInc spends zero on customer service, keeping it up and going cant cost that much. ATV2 for ps2 still has online servers running, with no one ever using them.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-17 12:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Celestius said:
FFXIV, lmao the community linkshell site is still Beta after four years, and FFXIV hasnt even gone thru Beta. It'll be 2014 before its ready to go. Servers from 1986 used for FFXI cant be that expensive to run, they probly buy em on Ebay. Since SEInc spends zero on customer service, keeping it up and going cant cost that much. ATV2 for ps2 still has online servers running, with no one ever using them.

My brain hurts from reading that idiotic paragraph. Thank you~
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-17 13:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:
Unicorn.Celestius said:
i second this . but srsly
Unicorn.Celestius said:
There really is no point in shutting down a revenue stream, the game is already abandonwear, try calling a GM lately? no one is there, you get a form response. They will probly make it a micropurchase game, like ffxiv is gonna be, you wont have to buy gil from SEInc's shell websites anymore they will become "honest" about selling you stuff.
qtf is this i dont get it or understand what this is supposed to mean or imply or state .please expand on this for moar epic lolz .
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-17 13:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Unicorn.Celestius said:
i second this . but srsly
Unicorn.Celestius said:
qtf is this i dont get it or understand what this is supposed to mean or imply or state .please expand on this for moar epic lolz .

Dude's saying that Squenix was behind the RMT sites, and that GMs just send automated responses (which is partly true). At night (in the US), there are three GMs on staff, and a few more during the day. They only send canned replies when they get numerous calls that are all about the same thing.

And in regards to the micropurchase thing, no, that hasn't been officially stated. It might happen in XIV, but who knows? We sure don't, and neither do you.
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
Server: Pandemonium
user: Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2010-02-17 13:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

SE won't pull the plug on FFXI. To me, this doesn't make sense. If they do pull the plug on FFXI, it means that they will most likely do it to FFXIV too when the next FF MMO comes out. To me that is not much an appealing feature of the game.
"You can play this current game, but when the next one comes out..."

When they eventuallly shut it down, that will be the end of MMO's for me. I'm not touching FFXIV or any other MMO with a 40' pole.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9