FFXI To End In 2010?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI to end in 2010?
FFXI to end in 2010?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-17 13:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
I think when they mean "end" they mean it in the sense that they are going to end any type of production on it, IE. They won't add anymore expansions or quest lines.

They won't fully terminate FFXI probably until all the profits they can get out of it cease.

Which honestly won't happen for a long time probably.

Pretty much this here. Nothing to see people, move along.
By Flavaflav 2010-02-17 14:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The rumor may be halfway true - my prediction is at the JP Fanfest they will announce the conclusion of WoTG with a new endgame arena, while simultaneously saying that no new substantial content will be added to FF11 (the "end"). I think the servers will be up for at least another 2 years.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-17 14:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
I think when they mean "end" they mean it in the sense that they are going to end any type of production on it, IE. They won't add anymore expansions or quest lines.

They won't fully terminate FFXI probably until all the profits they can get out of it cease.

Which honestly won't happen for a long time probably.

Pretty much this here. Nothing to see people, move along.
^
 Carbuncle.Mikehoncho
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Mikehoncho 2010-02-17 14:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, to be honest, I don't see what the big deal is. If anyone should be upset its prolly the HNM LSs that are afeared of losing quite possibly their only source of iRL income, which I find ironically hilarious. If you spend more than 5-6 hours on this site/game a day, why wait for the inevitable end? Just set ur lolbox3-sucksty or lolPC on fire, go out there and get a *** job and stop leaching off of society's tax-payer dollars.

Sorry, I don't mean to rant, but I think people have forgotten, its just a game. It's just one big elaborate chat room w/ tl;dnr everywhere. And no matter how much you have achieved in the X many years you've played, when its all said and done, its all for fun/memories/and ultimately nothing. Myself included in the mix, I play to spend time w/ my iRL friends just as I do w/ other online games or iRL activities.

Soo, please stop giving a ***about if the game is going to end or not. Because it's clear that servers are shrinking, end-game is dying, and the rate of psychologically/emotionally/socially challenged nubs is increasing.

If you actually read all this, lol.
 Bismarck.Corolie
Server: Bismarck
user: Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-02-17 14:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Maybe, this server closage is square-enix's way of saying f-u to microsoft for not accepting S-E's terms on ff14 for the 360.

edit: ignore the f-u to microsoft >> i didn't realize it was confirmed. That's good news tho for my 360 buddies :3

Go suck on sony's *** you playstation fangirl LOL. I'd rather jump on my PC then play FFXIV on ur shitty *** system. Anyways tho it would be a horrible mistake to shutdown FFXI at the launch of 14 cause many ppl are still enjoy playing 11 including myself for all these years. SE would get alot of backlash, and start gaining distrust between their customers as well. Besides it's not guaranteed that FF14 will be a killer hit either lol. For all we know it just be another Age of conan or SWG.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-17 14:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Corolie said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Maybe, this server closage is square-enix's way of saying f-u to microsoft for not accepting S-E's terms on ff14 for the 360. edit: ignore the f-u to microsoft >> i didn't realize it was confirmed. That's good news tho for my 360 buddies :3
Go suck on sony's *** you playstation fangirl LOL. I'd rather jump on my PC then play FFXIV on ur shitty *** system. Anyways tho it would be a horrible mistake to shutdown FFXI at the launch of 14 cause many ppl are still enjoy playing 11 including myself for all these years. SE would get alot of backlash, and start gaining distrust between their customers as well. Besides it's not guaranteed that FF14 will be a killer hit either lol. For all we know it just be another Age of conan or SWG.
I own both a PS3 and a 360 :P I'd prolly play FFXIV on PS3 tho because i wanna try it out first (plus it'd be out sooner) UNLESS 360 comes out the same time then i might play on the 360 version. My PC can't run the newest games >< It can barely run FFXI now lol. I was mad before thinking Microsoft was pulling that "We won't allow Sony users to play with our users" bs (like they did with other games). I have nothing against the 360 itself (tho some users are.. well... annoying on voice chat >.> little kids screaming because a rare dropped) i think it's a fine console. I wish, tho, Microsoft would put out another system w/ blu-ray compatibilities instead of this silly "Hardware Upgrade" stuff that will fail badly.

And yeah, I just restarted FFXI again (at first i only played one month because i couldn't find good groups and people to talk to. I'm more of a social party person) and i find it really fun, even tho it's hard to find a party as a 54WHM oy)

also fyi i'm a guy irl (reason why my character's a mithra: i'd rather stare at a chick's *** than a guy's *** all day playing a game)
 Carbuncle.Mikehoncho
By Carbuncle.Mikehoncho 2010-02-17 14:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Corolie said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Maybe, this server closage is square-enix's way of saying f-u to microsoft for not accepting S-E's terms on ff14 for the 360.

edit: ignore the f-u to microsoft >> i didn't realize it was confirmed. That's good news tho for my 360 buddies :3

Woah woah, wait a minute, PC is rape, I agree w/ you there, but don't call the PS3 a "shitty system" after all, it *** cures cancer. And last time I checked, I put a Bluray DVD in my lolbox elite, and nothing happened... If any system out there is shitty, its that *** Wii P.O.S. My only problem w/ lolbox is that its loud as *** and unreliable, and monopolized in terms of accessories/upgrades. Now ppl like me who have money dont give a ***about the price of said items, we're just upset about the principle behind it. Again, attack the wii, not the PS3. okthxbai.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Mikehoncho
By Carbuncle.Mikehoncho 2010-02-17 14:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

also fyi i'm a guy irl (reason why my character's a mithra: i'd rather stare at a chick's *** than a guy's *** all day playing a game)

Wow, fail, you picked a race in game based off of its *** rather their stats... everyone knows that manthras make lolMages. :P

/sigh
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-17 14:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Mikehoncho said:
Bismarck.Corolie said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Maybe, this server closage is square-enix's way of saying f-u to microsoft for not accepting S-E's terms on ff14 for the 360. edit: ignore the f-u to microsoft >> i didn't realize it was confirmed. That's good news tho for my 360 buddies :3
Woah woah, wait a minute, PC is rape, I agree w/ you there, but don't call the PS3 a "shitty system" after all, it *** cures cancer. And last time I checked, I put a Bluray DVD in my lolbox elite, and nothing happened... If any system out there is shitty, its that *** Wii P.O.S. My only problem w/ lolbox is that its loud as *** and unreliable, and monopolized in terms of accessories/upgrades. Now ppl like me who have money dont give a ***about the price of said items, we're just upset about the principle behind it. Again, attack the wii, not the PS3. okthxbai.

Actually, attack Sega for not putting out another DreamCast :O Wii is mainly for party games and kid's games. (There are a few good games out)

Only reason why i have a problem with the 360 system is the constant turning it on, waiting for RRoD to appear and the 8 weeks of sending it in for repairs. PS3 has something similar but mine has been nice to me :3
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-17 14:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Wow, fail, you picked a race in game based off of its *** rather their stats... everyone knows that manthras make lolMages. :P /sigh
I play for fun, not for best stats. :P I mean it's just a game.

I root for Galka Mages :D and Taru tanks. (taru tanks freaking rule man)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-17 14:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Wow, fail, you picked a race in game based off of its *** rather their stats

Mithra stats are quite wonderful. I don't mean STR/DEX etc either...
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-17 14:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

You need to get out more...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-17 14:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I do get out, I quit FFXI remember :(

Doesn't change the facts that Mithra have wonderful figures.
 Carbuncle.Mikehoncho
By Carbuncle.Mikehoncho 2010-02-17 14:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-17 14:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
36-24-36 Only if she's 5'3''
LOL
oh if only there was more character customization like making your character taller/shorter, skinnier/fatter and so on.

I'd so make a tall big boob and big *** mithra :D
i hope FF14 has more customization
 Bismarck.Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-02-17 14:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Corolie said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

o.O My Nintendo wii got better games then the phailed ps3 cause devs believe in making games from da heart son. The wii is better then the 360 and ps3 put together wanna know why cause it's different!!! All microsoft/sony did was steal the N64 controller designs but revamp em just alittle bit ROFL Failed. Mario , Zelda , Super smash bros brawl, Call of Duty and Madden pwns hard on the wii :). Lets see..... Sony's ps3 has barely any good exclusives oooh wait they got haze, and white knight chronicles xD. Please! Don't get me started on Sony online entertainment cause they can't seem to make MMO games worth of dog ***.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-17 14:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Corolie said:
Bismarck.Corolie said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
o.O My Nintendo wii got better games then the phailed ps3 cause devs believe in making games from da heart son. The wii is better then the 360 and ps3 put together wanna know why cause it's different!!! All microsoft/sony did was steal the N64 controller designs but revamp em just alittle bit ROFL Failed. Mario , Zelda , Super smash bros brawl, Call of Duty and Madden pwns hard on the wii :). Lets see..... Sony's ps3 has barely any good exclusives oooh wait they got haze, and white knight chronicles xD. Please! Don't get me started on Sony online entertainment cause they can't seem to make MMO games worth of dog ***.
PS3 also has Valkyria Chronicles (omg GREAT game too)

It all depends on what type of games you like really.
 Bismarck.Corolie
By Bismarck.Corolie 2010-02-17 14:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Cat women in FFXI turn you on don't they? lol
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-17 14:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Corolie said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Hey I do get out, I quit FFXI remember :( Doesn't change the facts that Mithra have wonderful figures.
A naked Mithra has the strangest yet most erotic underwear i've seen in a game. That's all i have to say with the time i've spent on FFXI.
By rahmanjr 2010-02-17 14:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just To Make It Clear.. FFXI IS NOT Going To Be Shutting Down.. SE Just Recently "RESTARTED" A FFXI Classic Spec-Edit Give Away Pack. To Help Promote Further The FFXI Role FFXIV Will Have Nothing To Do With FFXI In The End Result.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Server: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-02-17 15:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubtful.

The ultimate collection just went on sale on Steam a few months ago.

What this is, is probably a mistranslation of the fact that CONTENT for FFXI is ending this year, as in, major updates (not bug fixes\balance tweaks) once WotG is finished. The game itself won't go offline, it's still too profitable.

SE has clearly stated on multiple occasions that they want to keep both FFXI and FFXIV running alongside each other if at all possible.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Mikehoncho
By Carbuncle.Mikehoncho 2010-02-17 15:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Corolie said:

Omfg, at first I was gonna take you serious and reply w/ a million reasons on why PS3 will rape the Wii any day of the year lolz...but then I saw ur /SCH and I knew right away what I was dealing wif. Enjoy ur infrared motion bar and lack of bluray/bluetooth/decent-internet browser/ability to partition the HD and install any OS/and on and on...

Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-17 15:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Corolie said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Less than most people here would imagine ; ; I've never become properly aroused from looking at one but they are very pleasing to the eye.
 Seraph.Gojira
Server: Seraph
user: Gojira
By Seraph.Gojira 2010-02-17 15:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Any OS on PS3? Please enlighten me I got one a month ago and I wanna know where I can learn to do all that neat-o stuff =)
 Garuda.Riaayo
Server: Garuda
user: Riaayo
By Garuda.Riaayo 2010-02-17 15:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Wow, fail, you picked a race in game based off of its *** rather their stats... everyone knows that manthras make lolMages. :P

/sigh

Mithras being bad mages... seriously? The only stats mithra do really poor in are STR and CHR, their MND and INT is not that bad and their DEX and AGI balance out their lack of STR somewhat. About the only thing Mithra is truly "bad" at might be BRD or BST, and I see mithra excel at those fine as well. Not to mention Mithra HP and MP pools are a rather good balance also.

Anyone who thinks that races honestly break ANY job in this game is really blind. Taru can make fine PLDs, Galka can make fine BLMs. Not everyone picks their race because it will be the best stats for the one job they magically knew they wanted to always be prior to starting.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-02-17 15:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll believe it when I see it, until then, this is goes into my "another bs post" category.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Mikehoncho
By Carbuncle.Mikehoncho 2010-02-17 16:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Riaayo said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

/sigh

Mithras being bad mages... seriously? The only stats mithra do really poor in are STR and CHR, their MND and INT is not that bad and their DEX and AGI balance out their lack of STR somewhat. About the only thing Mithra is truly "bad" at might be BRD or BST, and I see mithra excel at those fine as well. Not to mention Mithra HP and MP pools are a rather good balance also.

Anyone who thinks that races honestly break ANY job in this game is really blind. Taru can make fine PLDs, Galka can make fine BLMs. Not everyone picks their race because it will be the best stats for the one job they magically knew they wanted to always be prior to starting.

/ma blindna <me>

Oh ***, its all so clear now, my subtle undertone of sarcasm was perhaps too subtle. >.<
I was simply taking a crack at manfras as mages, not that they can't do it lol. The point was about the "*** staring" all day as opposed to picking a race based off base stats.
 Fairy.Bitcloud
Server: Fairy
user: Bitcloud
By Fairy.Bitcloud 2010-02-17 16:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If they do shut down FFXI I'm for one, not going to play FF14, so are my sibs/friends. So that makes a total of 9. Who else here is going to play FF14 that is currently playing FF11 when it close down? I'm not going to waste all that time again for gears just to lose it and try to get something similar in FF14.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-17 16:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Corolie said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Why am I under these quotes, I never said this o.O;
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9