FFXI To End In 2010?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI to end in 2010?
FFXI to end in 2010?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Pandemonium.Nadul
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Nadul
By Pandemonium.Nadul 2010-02-18 13:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
Hey heres a question, is Ever Quest 1 Still online ?
Last I checked UO was still online, so Im sure EQ is.
 Unicorn.Kaida
Server: Unicorn
user: kaida
By Unicorn.Kaida 2010-02-18 14:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://kotaku.com/5474554/dont-worry-about-final-fantasy-xi-just-yet

There have been rumors swirling on the Japanese internet that Square Enix's MMORPG Final Fantasy XI will be ending this year. Time for Square Enix honcho Yoichi Wada to fire up his Twitter account.

You know, the one with the fluffy dog avatar.

Online role-playing game Final Fantasy XIV will be hitting the PS3 and the PC sometime this year. Thus, these rumors seem to be based off the idea that Square Enix will shutter Final Fantasy XI to focus on the upcoming FFXIV. But is it truth?

Wada has poured water on the rumor by tweeting, "There seems to be a rumor that FFXI is ending, but if that was done, we'd be in trouble." That remark was followed with a emoticon of face grimacing.

There are people still playing Final Fantasy XI, and the game still seems to be making money for Square Enix. (Isn't it still the biggest MMORPG in Japan?!) That doesn't mean that one day Square Enix will shutter Final Fantasy XI. One day, we could all be wearing hamburgers on our feet and eating shoes. Who knows!

日々是遊戯:「FF11」が今年で終了!? 和田社長「そんなことされたら困りますっ ><」 [IT Media] [Pic]

blah blah blah
 Fairy.Baelfael
Server: Fairy
user: Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-02-18 14:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way I'd see there being a conversion of XI players to XIV would be if they transferred all your jobs, skills, etc. But with the new system they have developed for XIV, I highly doubt that. Not to mention, they haven't finished WotG yet, so I imagine XI still has a fair bit of time left. It wouldn't make much sense to make an expansion and not finish it. >.>
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-18 14:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SE works in mysterious ways
By annabelleramuh11 2010-02-18 15:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb thread.
S-E has invested money into developing, advertising, maintaining, and expanding FFXI. They will continue to host the game unless it becomes unprofitable. That will not be anytime soon.
Threads like this that promote and espouse paranoia and hearsay are just plain stupid.
[+]
 Hades.Cdub
Server: Hades
user: Cdublov
By Hades.Cdub 2010-02-18 15:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

annabelleramuh11 said:
Dumb thread. S-E has invested money into developing, advertising, maintaining, and expanding FFXI. They will continue to host the game unless it becomes unprofitable. That will not be anytime soon. Threads like this that promote and espouse paranoia and hearsay are just plain stupid.

Agreed, stop spreading panic and rumors......
[+]
 Carbuncle.Mikehoncho
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Mikehoncho 2010-02-18 15:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nadul said:
Izey said:
Hey heres a question, is Ever Quest 1 Still online ?
Last I checked UO was still online, so Im sure EQ is.

Under Observation?
 Garuda.Mameshiba
Server: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-18 15:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No worries OP, FFXI is to end in 2012
TOGETHER WITH THE HUMAN ... wait, what?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-18 16:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that's what I keep thinking I see when I see this thread. The end is in 2010... and then I look at the thread and see people panicing and it isn't till I see ffxi that I realize oh it's just lame rumors about the game
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-18 16:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We should derail this into a 2012 end of the world?! thread.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
Server: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-18 16:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
Speaking of which, you know what I want to do when 2012 come and the world ends with a meteor?
I wanna go to the highest place I can reach, and try to hug the meteor before it hits me.

Sounds retard right?
But hell we're all going to get pwned anyway!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-18 16:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always dreamed on throwing a cheap POS lawn chair onto the roof of my house. Laying down on it with a drink in my hand wearing some shades and just enjoying the sun like it's a normal day. Except I'm on the room. And ya know watching and laughing at all the people uselessly panicing
 Unicorn.Kaida
Server: Unicorn
user: kaida
By Unicorn.Kaida 2010-02-18 16:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be making a huge black box to hide in
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Server: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-02-18 16:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
If FF is going to end there will be obvious signs. There will be downsizing and things like servers mashing together. SE will not encourage us to leave with "there will be little to no content added to FFXI now", but will not put in huge content boosts. It is not until we can sit here and say 'well the last update to the game was 10 months ago with nothing announced' that we can make threads like this for still no purpose at all. Anyone who sits here and talks about the game ending really wants it to end. Like those people that watch a fire, hurricane, or Haiti hoping to see it get bigger and worse and maybe even have a nuke explode on top of it. I think it will be interesting for one to see what happens with players who stay out of love for the game. Not the players who just come home and log on for fun or addiction. FFXI seems to be Windows XP in a Windows 7 and beyond world.

Not sure what u ment at all but SE said for a fact that there will be no more content added after they release the remaining content they have and this was last year so as 2011 there will be no more content updates for ffxi. they will have maintence/pol updated but nothing new will be added to the game.

Thats not what they meant. They have the next years worth of content already mapped out, they never said anything about that being the end of new content. Think about what you're saying...Vanafest is coming up, they just released a new Vanadiel Collection, Wings of the Goddess is coming to a close - which means the 'years worth' of content is likely a new expansion or mini-expansion. Stopping new content after only a year is the same as committing virtual suicide, what you're saying doesn't make any sense.
 Fairy.Tedwardian
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-02-18 16:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
Unicorn.Kaida said:
http://kotaku.com/5474554/dont-worry-about-final-fantasy-xi-just-yet
One day, we could all be wearing hamburgers on our feet and eating shoes. Who knows!
hope that happens before 2012, because that sounds delicious
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-18 16:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll consolidate servers before they actually shut-down ffxi.
They'll have released ffiv months before server population dwindles low enough to consolidate servers.
They'll have postponed the release of ffiv a few months before it actually hits the shelves.
FFXI 10th anniversary is highly likely. (2012)

that is all.
 Fairy.Baelfael
user: Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-02-18 16:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I had heard awhile ago they weren't planning to expand past WotG and the last three mini-expansions...
But as far as 2012 goes, I think it's just a hype over the movie that came out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-18 17:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides they aren't giving away free relics. They are giving you the opportunity to win one. A very a very small opportunity. So small that statistically less than 1 will be won from it
 Phoenix.Leknaat
Server: Phoenix
user: Leknaat
By Phoenix.Leknaat 2010-02-18 17:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was reading the news on a Japanese website. The rumors started flying when someone attended a Square Enix Recruitment Seminar.

Apparently whatever numbnut was doing the recruitment hinted that they'd be ending FFXI services this year to set the stage for people moving on to FFXIV

The source blog has since deleted the original post.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-02-18 17:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
giving away free relics = the end
It's called advertising for their security token. A hacked account means less customers which results in lower friends which then results in an even much lower consumer base. So in total it is to give the company insurance for both the customer and the business plus increase sales for the tokens thus resulting in an increase in profits, this bonza gives all r/e items, nothing is of gil value, which is awesome for SE and the fight for RMT activity. I don't understand how a person can not understand the basic properties of business.
its called a joke, douche. Humor {Do you have it?}

i personally dont think theyll be shutting down servers anytime soon anyway.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-02-18 17:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
giving away free relics = the end
It's called advertising for their security token. A hacked account means less customers which results in lower friends which then results in an even much lower consumer base. So in total it is to give the company insurance for both the customer and the business plus increase sales for the tokens thus resulting in an increase in profits, this bonza gives all r/e items, nothing is of gil value, which is awesome for SE and the fight for RMT activity. I don't understand how a person can not understand the basic properties of business.
its called a joke, douche. Humor {Do you have it?} i personally dont think theyll be shutting down servers anytime soon anyway.
That actually wasn't directed to you Mr. Douche lol. I was saying it as a general perspective and not you personally.
my bad, i appologize then.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-02-18 18:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I heard that in the year 2000 all the computers will crash, satellites will fall from the sky and all the worlds nukes will go off D=
I'm scared ; ;
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-02-18 19:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
TOON TOWN. Seriously though, from a "business" standpoint, closing down XI would be a gamble SE knows it would win. The people that DON'T kill themselves will want to find a new MMO, no matter what they say. Way, way, way more players will go to FFXI2.0 than to stay without a MMO. Not saying everyone will. But so many people are addicted to FFXI it's *** silly. Problem being, people refuse to admit it.

Couldnt agree with you more, to alot this is more than a game this is there life
/sigh
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-18 19:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

3101 error :o

END DAYS OF FFXI HAS BEGUN!!!

*mortal kombat theme plays in the background*
[+]
 Bahamut.Vette
Server: Bahamut
user: Vette
By Bahamut.Vette 2010-02-18 19:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Fyyvoaa said:
I'm pretty sure they won't just "Stop" 11, that would in a business sense be a really really bad thing for them to do as that is basically showing people "Hah we don't *** care about you". I know for a fact that if I was making a new game that is going to be similar in the style of play (online) I would want to keep up the lower version (in this sense being 11) and just promote the hell out of the newer product (in this sense being 14) until enough people have transitioned to make it justifiable enough to close down the 11 servers with minimal loss of a profit. Until 11 only has like 100 players or less on each server, I am pretty sure they will keep it up and running, now what they might end up doing is perhaps "Merge" the servers when the populations start to decrease, and in that sense when you look at it, they could keep it up longer because obviously when you take away servers, you are not going to have to pay for the upkeep of said server. So even if they are forced to keep it up with only 1 or 2 servers, they are still going to be making some type of profit off it.
i agree that FFXI will not just shutdown
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9