FFXI To End In 2010?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI to end in 2010?
FFXI to end in 2010?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Garuda.Riaayo
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Riaayo
By Garuda.Riaayo 2010-02-17 16:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Mikehoncho said:
Garuda.Riaayo said:
Carbuncle.Mikehoncho said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

also fyi i'm a guy irl (reason why my character's a mithra: i'd rather stare at a chick's *** than a guy's *** all day playing a game)

Wow, fail, you picked a race in game based off of its *** rather their stats... everyone knows that manthras make lolMages. :P

/sigh

Mithras being bad mages... seriously? The only stats mithra do really poor in are STR and CHR, their MND and INT is not that bad and their DEX and AGI balance out their lack of STR somewhat. About the only thing Mithra is truly "bad" at might be BRD or BST, and I see mithra excel at those fine as well. Not to mention Mithra HP and MP pools are a rather good balance also.

Anyone who thinks that races honestly break ANY job in this game is really blind. Taru can make fine PLDs, Galka can make fine BLMs. Not everyone picks their race because it will be the best stats for the one job they magically knew they wanted to always be prior to starting.

/ma blindna <me>

Oh ***, its all so clear now, my subtle undertone of sarcasm was perhaps too subtle. >.<
I was simply taking a crack at manfras as mages, not that they can't do it lol. The point was about the "*** staring" all day as opposed to picking a race based off base stats.

Haha my bad then :P I think "I wanted to stare at girl ***" is silly... I play a mithra because I FELT LIKE IT. If people want to judge I don't care lol, my business what I play and act like.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-17 16:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

/judges
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-02-17 17:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

last I herd se had about another years worth of content left to add then they were finished with ffxi and going to concentrate all their time to 14. So they probably won't end the game but nothing new will be produced for it after they add the remaining content. So it will be about people playing a 10 year old game with the same old content -vs- a brand new game with much better tech( graphics game play ect..)I myself am switching to 14 when it drops but thats just me. Some people still play "nintendo" and like it so i'm sure ffxi will be around as long as they have enough people to play it.
 Fairy.Budoukiba
Server: Fairy
user: Budou
By Fairy.Budoukiba 2010-02-17 17:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be a bummer seeing the work on your character pretty much go down the drain if you decide to move to FFXIV, which I will be. The only downside I see, besides the character, is the fact that some of my friends will inevitably be split apart. But I'm trying my best to convince people to follow to my server. If not, owell. ._.
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-17 17:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

All I hope is SE cuts the price per month to play FFXI after they stop adding support/content for it. I mean after all that's what our $15 was supposed to be going towards but alas, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Mikehoncho
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Mikehoncho 2010-02-17 17:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

Anyone who sits here and talks about the game ending really wants it to end. Like those people that watch a fire, hurricane, or Haiti hoping to see it get bigger and worse and maybe even have a nuke explode on top of it.

Well in all fairness, who doesnt want to see a nuke explode? And second, the damage sustained by said fire, hurricane or a Haiti, would not be surpassed much by a nuke on top.

Great now I have to call my Insurance company and see if they have an amendment for Haiti coverage. "Excuse me, do you cover for Haities?"

lawl.
 Fairy.Shirahime
user: Chobit
By Fairy.Shirahime 2010-02-17 17:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

From FFXI official site:

Quote:
VanaFest 2010 Confirmed! (15/01/2010)

It is our pleasure to announce that the next edition of VanaFest, Japan's premier Final Fantasy XI fan event, will be held on Sunday, February 28th 2010 in Tokyo!

Attendees can expect this year's event to be a veritable goldmine of mind-blowing news. Development and operation team members will engage in a talk session and divulge juicy pieces of information such as new content scheduled for upcoming version updates, planned job improvements, and other exciting milestones for the year 2010. The evolution of Final Fantasy XI is far from over, folks!

But save your awestruck faces for the special announcement...and be sure to hang on to your seats when it comes!

Even those unable to attend need not be disheartened! All the latest news and developments announced at the festival will be delivered to you hot off the press, so stay tuned!

This is official. The rest are rumors. Next topic please D:
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-02-17 17:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If FF is going to end there will be obvious signs. There will be downsizing and things like servers mashing together. SE will not encourage us to leave with "there will be little to no content added to FFXI now", but will not put in huge content boosts. It is not until we can sit here and say 'well the last update to the game was 10 months ago with nothing announced' that we can make threads like this for still no purpose at all. Anyone who sits here and talks about the game ending really wants it to end. Like those people that watch a fire, hurricane, or Haiti hoping to see it get bigger and worse and maybe even have a nuke explode on top of it. I think it will be interesting for one to see what happens with players who stay out of love for the game. Not the players who just come home and log on for fun or addiction. FFXI seems to be Windows XP in a Windows 7 and beyond world.

Not sure what u ment at all but SE said for a fact that there will be no more content added after they release the remaining content they have and this was last year so as 2011 there will be no more content updates for ffxi. they will have maintence/pol updated but nothing new will be added to the game.
 Carbuncle.Mikehoncho
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Mikehoncho 2010-02-17 17:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shirahime said:
From FFXI official site:

Quote:
VanaFest 2010 Confirmed! (15/01/2010)

It is our pleasure to announce that the next edition of VanaFest, Japan's premier Final Fantasy XI fan event, will be held on Sunday, February 28th 2010 in Tokyo!

Attendees can expect this year's event to be a veritable goldmine of mind-blowing news. Development and operation team members will engage in a talk session and divulge juicy pieces of information such as new content scheduled for upcoming version updates, planned job improvements, and other exciting milestones for the year 2010. The evolution of Final Fantasy XI is far from over, folks!

But save your awestruck faces for the special announcement...and be sure to hang on to your seats when it comes!

Even those unable to attend need not be disheartened! All the latest news and developments announced at the festival will be delivered to you hot off the press, so stay tuned!

This is official. The rest are rumors. Next topic please D:

PICS OR GTFO!!! txt is merely hearsay.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fairy.Shirahime
By Fairy.Shirahime 2010-02-18 03:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Source:
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/1001/topics_all.html

Pic:

<.<
 Phoenix.Tealsic
Server: Phoenix
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-02-18 04:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Put this into perspective..... WHy do you play FFXI and not WoW...?

IMO they are trying to get wow players and expect us to follow along well if we are staying....... wow player i bet high dollars wont budge..... The game wont be a complete failga but it wont be END ALL BE ALL game of the year. IMO just saying ^^/. So they will keep ffxi active or they will loose a large amount of the client base inwhich they have atm. And its all about the $$$ so it would be a HORRIBLE buisness choice to close the servers lol maybe combine them and close small servers but not close them all.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2010-02-18 05:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who sits here and talks about the game ending really wants it to end. Like those people that watch a fire, hurricane, or Haiti hoping to see it get bigger and worse and maybe even have a nuke explode on top of it.
I think I lol'ed a little too hard at that. I'm shot to ***, that comment made me gigglesnort.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-18 05:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Think that'd be a CAT6 hurricane when it has nuclear warheads flying around within it that randomly drop as it tears a path of already catastrophic destruction. The nukes are just icing on the cake.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2010-02-18 05:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i like icing...
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-18 05:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

+

= ???
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-02-18 06:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

All of these rumor, based on a possible "mistake" of a unknow man at a unknow event in an unknow place...

Man u like talk about nothin...
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-18 06:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks photoshopped :p jk

You do realize that they could just mean "One to three more updates folks!"

I've been there and done that with a previous online game. (lol Phantasy Star Universe) hell they told the PS2/PC servers they weren't gonna go down yet then 2-3 months later: "March 31, 2010 shutdown for PS2/PC"
of course i can't really compare them since PS2/PC has only 40 people left on the server while FFXI has what around 10k people. FFXI has been dying lately tho. I'm seeing less and less people on due to work, school, or just bored of the game.
 Fairy.Shirahime
By Fairy.Shirahime 2010-02-18 10:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you realize that I can wake up one day and say I saw on a japanese blog which has been closed now that there is gona be a secret race in ffxiv made by space ducks? XDDD

Now what's going to happen most likely?

FFxi is gona keep going since there are still a lot of people playing it?

Or they are gona shut down everything because someone read something somewhere that can't be verified that they're gona do so?

Here's your answer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor
=PPP
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-18 10:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Shirahime said:
Do you realize that I can wake up one day and say I saw on a japanese blog which has been closed now that there is gona be a secret race in ffxiv made by space ducks? XDDD Now what's going to happen most likely? FFxi is gona keep going since there are still a lot of people playing it? Or they are gona shut down everything because someone read something somewhere that can't be verified that they're gona do so? Here's your answer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor =PPP
We already know that the new race in FF14 is a space duck. no need to state the old news :p

But that's also the same as someone showing proof of the new Gen 5 pokemon and saying the name is Zoroark and the pre-evolution is Zorua. Yet IT CAME TO BE TRUE :O

OMGZ :p

Some rumors are true, some are false.
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-02-18 10:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

"FFXI to end in 2010?"

No /close thread w
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-18 10:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather be shocked that a rumor is true than be sad when a rumor is false.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2010-02-18 10:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty much by far the most nonsense thread I've ever read. Play, and enjoy the game while you can... NOTHING lasts forever. Jesus Christ, you're like a bunch of *** babies whining about your precious GAME being turned off... find a new hobby, go outside, read a *** book.. ***.. do something other than whining about your online life.
Here is my prediction........ AT SOME TIME..... IN THE FUTURE..... SE ..........WILL.... TURN OFF ALL THE SERVERS.....AND FFXI WILL BE NO MORE!..... there. It's been said. Now, go back to your salvage runs, and expansion add-on's, and stop worrying about ***that doesn't matter and enjoy the game. They could turn it off tomorrow, or next year, or 10 years from now. What difference does it make?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-18 10:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Radaghast said:
This is pretty much by far the most nonsense thread I've ever read. Play, and enjoy the game while you can... NOTHING lasts forever. Jesus Christ, you're like a bunch of *** babies whining about your precious GAME being turned off... find a new hobby, go outside, read a *** book.. ***.. do something other than whining about your online life. Here is my prediction........ AT SOME TIME..... IN THE FUTURE..... SE ..........WILL.... TURN OFF ALL THE SERVERS.....AND FFXI WILL BE NO MORE!..... there. It's been said. Now, go back to your salvage runs, and expansion add-on's, and stop worrying about ***that doesn't matter and enjoy the game. They could turn it off tomorrow, or next year, or 10 years from now. What difference does it make?
Rage post ftw :D

I do agree with you, just less swearing on my part.

Games don't last forever, FFXI won't last forever.

It's funny that because it doesn't people like us pay 15/month for a game to just be shut down eventually and our character data being deleted.

I hope i can watch the baws once ffxi gets the doomsday notice.
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-02-18 10:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there some mmorpg that is still running after some crazy amount of time? EQ? or something? This is my first and hopefully only mmorpg so not to sure but who knows maybe ffxi will become a extremely long running game.

or they will shut if off before I get home today and the news will be covering the mass suicides that must be related because everyone yelled Mijin Gakure before they did it...
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-18 11:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said:
Isn't there some mmorpg that is still running after some crazy amount of time? EQ? or something? This is my first and hopefully only mmorpg so not to sure but who knows maybe ffxi will become a extremely long running game.

or they will shut if off before I get home today and the news will be covering the mass suicides that must be related because everyone yelled Mijin Gakure before they did it...
EQ has been going forever
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-18 11:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You also have to remember that this is Square-Enix's first and only MMO availiable. You never know if they'll shut it off a few months after FF14 comes out or not.

Also don't compare FFXI to Evercrack. EQ sucks.
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-02-18 11:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Juggalo said:
Doubtful.

The ultimate collection just went on sale on Steam a few months ago.

What this is, is probably a mistranslation of the fact that CONTENT for FFXI is ending this year, as in, major updates (not bug fixes\balance tweaks) once WotG is finished. The game itself won't go offline, it's still too profitable.

SE has clearly stated on multiple occasions that they want to keep both FFXI and FFXIV running alongside each other if at all possible.

I'll wait and see what happens, I mean SE would never lie or be money grubbing ***. ummmm oh wait
 Unicorn.Kaida
Server: Unicorn
user: kaida
By Unicorn.Kaida 2010-02-18 11:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish threads like this would go away in fire.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9