Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 61 62 63
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-02-13 13:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had a run where I entered, and before even calling all 5 trusts I got the ! and the teleport showed up. I tagged a mob to check objectives anyway.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-02-13 13:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How many bodies have people seen so far? We have gone basically every day(we hold a Canteen and go twice every other day) and haven't seen one yet.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-13 13:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
How many bodies have people seen so far? We have gone basically every day(we hold a Canteen and go twice every other day) and haven't seen one yet.

You and I are in the same boat.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-02-13 13:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So far our ls has 1 Udug Jacket and 1 Nisroch Jerkin.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-13 14:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gone almost everyday but pre update I pretty much just warped on thinker and a few losses figuring out how to win various bosses (finally tri-boxed Kyou yays) so probably averaging 4-6 wins a week since starting. Only seen 1 body
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-13 14:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
At this point, Fu/Kin/Gin are pretty easy and can be steamrolled with just about any above average DD. I don't think it's exclusive to any best jobs in particular. 3f are still more dangerous than the damn 5Fs.

How is Kyou not the same? Just have your tank die every Bravado and continue as normal.

Kei is the only one that's a true change of pace from my experience as he's clearly designed around a manaburn strategy.

None of the 3rd floor bosses are difficult, they're just easier to *** up. Gorger's Spirit Absorption can still destroy things though MDB seems to reduce it but I've been burning it down so quick lately it doesn't really get as much opportunity to do hate resets and jump to different target. Pain Sync is still dangerous but less frequent so a tad easier to handle and Craver is never an issue with Wilt.

Sorry Lady, was just speaking from experience. I haven't done Kei/Kyou yet, just because I'm still farming the first 3. Probably all the same, just watch out for the gimmicks.

edit: I agree with the part about messing up midbosses. They are so weak now, but all it takes is one person doing the wrong thing to complete mess up the fight. GEO uses Dematerialize on Gorger? 0 dmg for 1min. DRK using Last resort? Your RUN is gonna take a beating. Spirit Absorb still does a hefty amount of damage through shell/Lux, and can occasionally hit very high if not resisted/caught out of DT set. Craver is a steamroll as long as wilt doesn't go down. If your GEO isn't competent and decides to replace wilt with, say, refresh, then everyone is ***. If someone decides to be noble and run out of the bubble, that person will probably die also. If it weren't for the fact that Pain Sync weren't just a "wait and see" type of move, I'd put that at the top of the list of annoying ***to encounter. At any point, someone not paying attention can cost you a wipe.
By Afania 2017-02-13 14:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei is the only one that's a true change of pace from my experience as he's clearly designed around a manaburn strategy.

Based on what I've seen on youtube video melee seems fine, idk.

Mage(5:50 clear):
YouTube Video Placeholder

Melee(5:30 clear):

Edit: fixed link
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-13 14:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

linked same video twice
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2017-02-13 14:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The BLU's were stupid, plain and simple.

There is a high damage WS that BLU has, it's extremely powerful because it has awesome TP scaling so holding TP won't cause much DPS loss. That WS also doesn't SC with itself or anything else in the fragmentation category. It's *** Savage Blade.

People need to wake up and think about these things, both DD's need to find a WS that they can do together that won't SC or time their WS's so they happen simultaneously.

That's what I'm saying. If you're having trouble with Kin, learn the Target mechanics, bring holy waters, wear DT gear during Interferance and other TP moves and use WS's that do not skillchain with each other. Stretching this fight out may end up in your healer running out of MP if Kin starts spamming Interferances.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-13 14:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong, but we did Kin last night and I don't recall it ever using Target, Doom, or Terror. Maybe the whm was just that good, but I don't remember it. Maybe the update caused him to use it less? I know pre-update he used to use it quite frequently.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-13 14:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair point Afania. We could probably do Kei faster now with improved marches from Bard and if I just told my COR to sit down and not screw things up with her missed WS's all the time.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-13 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong, but we did Kin last night and I don't recall it ever using Target, Doom, or Terror. Maybe the whm was just that good, but I don't remember it. Maybe the update caused him to use it less? I know pre-update he used to use it quite frequently.
Definitely had it use Target post update. But my guys swap hate back and forth often enough I don't get the terror/doom. Most annoying part I've found is the tp spam at lower hps making it harder to not heal it especially for pets
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-02-13 14:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Definitely had it use Target post update. But my guys swap hate back and forth often enough I don't get the terror/doom

It's good to have a working system like that. I'm on SMN a lot for Omen so Pacifying Ruby works wonders for Target.
 Odin.Taffy
Server: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-13 15:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin still uses Target as normal / pre update. Did him last night.
 Odin.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-02-13 15:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Based on what I've seen on youtube video melee seems fine, idk.

Mage(5:50 clear):

Melee(5:30 clear):

Edit: fixed link

What is their mage set up? The runs I've gone on we're not hitting 99k MBs. What am I doing wrong?
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-02-13 16:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the log it looks like RUN, GEO, BLM x3, and SCH
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-02-13 17:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It will lose its eyes when the DD's take hate. If eyes are up but hate switched then the eyes go down. I also got doomed once that fight, but i used holy water lol :D

Anyhow kin is a joke, just need to bounce hate a little bit, which with any good dd will happen naturally.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-13 17:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I just cant envision other dds being much more useful.

Because the only DD that exists to you is DRK..

Asura.Frod said: »
Agreed. Midbosses can be a bigger ***than the end boss, mostly just view sync guy, occasionally pain sync.

Thinker actually has room for error now so it's really just how much people can pay attention instead of random lag spikes. Craver requires people to have -DT sets and pay attention instead of just spamming a WS macro. View Sync has a long charge time and it's always followed by Carousel, both are physical and can be reduced by using -DT, Wilt / Barrier or a Defense song or two. If your running with BLU's then they have Barrier Tusk along with some attack down options, if with a WAR (or RUN / DRK if they epic) then Weapon Break for -25% attack down.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2017-02-13 17:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also skip target if he is doing manafont and you burn through the percentage checkpoints.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-13 18:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

For those doing solo Omen runs for cards, is 3 cards the "accepted" average amount of cards obtained per run?
By Afania 2017-02-13 18:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the log it looks like RUN, GEO, BLM x3, and SCH

According to the description it's 2 sch 2 blm 1 geo 1 run.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-02-13 18:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way, it just died. Assume that was pre adjustment and RUN required.

Looks like Noris is SCH, Karina is RUN, Aminia BLM, Eight BLM, Pisky Geo, and Yakitoriman healing SCH.
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2017-02-13 19:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
For those doing solo Omen runs for cards, is 3 cards the "accepted" average amount of cards obtained per run?

3-5 i seen myself
By clearlyamule 2017-02-13 19:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Largely going to depend on how well you can hit targets but it appears according to dev post Alt f4 lets you also get some from just killing fodder
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-13 19:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yankke said: »

3-5 i seen myself

Most of my runs I've been getting 3, but occasionally I'll only get 2. I've never gotten anything more than 3, so I'm curious to know how some are getting 4 or 5 cards per run.

On the first 2 floors I'm usually clearing 2 out of 3 objectives, and on the final floor, I usually clear 6 or 7 out of 10 objectives.
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-14 02:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

3-5 i seen myself

Most of my runs I've been getting 3, but occasionally I'll only get 2. I've never gotten anything more than 3, so I'm curious to know how some are getting 4 or 5 cards per run.

On the first 2 floors I'm usually clearing 2 out of 3 objectives, and on the final floor, I usually clear 6 or 7 out of 10 objectives.

Copy pasted the quote from the dev tracker.
Quote:
Hello, everyone.

As promised, I wanted to follow up about obtaining job cards from Omen!

By completing main and additional objectives in Omen, players earn points which aren't shown in any menu or logs.
Once players accumulate a certain amount of points, players will receive a card based on the job they were playing at that time.

The new Omen route we introduced in the February version update will grant bonus points and players can also earn points by defeating enemies as well.
With this system, players are able to earn more job cards by taking other routes, so we leave it up to you, my fellow adventurers, to decide which route will take you to reach your desired goals~!!

Quote:
I got 6 cards today on my Sam and Drk mules. Completed 2/3 objectives on floors 1,2, and 7/10 on floor 4. Floor 1 was specific mob but I ended up killing all of them since it was the last mob that opened the portal. Floor 2 was kill all. Floor 4 was kill all transcended mobs. I cleared out most of floor 4 for merits and JP after doing all the objectives.

Seems like each mob killed is counted toward a certain amount of points. The day I got 6 cards, I ended up killing nearly everything. I left a few mandragora mobs on floor 4 but killed everything else. I will test tomorrow and try to do a full clear on one of my mules and report how many cards I get.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-14 15:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some quick test today on low HP Thinker:

- 12000 damage last stand right into Pain Sync
- Epeolatry RUN
- Scherzo +7

resulted in only 1500~ damage taken by him.

On another note:

Equipping my 50 MACC Atoyac in my offhand is enough to land full damage Wildfires on FU as COR without any other buffs. Useful when you have too much hate built and need to trigger another Ebullient Nullification soon.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-14 15:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Did some quick test today on low HP Thinker:

- 12000 damage last stand right into Pain Sync
- Epeolatry RUN
- Scherzo +7

resulted in only 1500~ damage taken by him.
How much dt/bdt?
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-14 15:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dilandu said: »

3-5 i seen myself

Copy pasted the quote from the dev tracker.
Quote:
Hello, everyone.

As promised, I wanted to follow up about obtaining job cards from Omen!

By completing main and additional objectives in Omen, players earn points which aren't shown in any menu or logs.
Once players accumulate a certain amount of points, players will receive a card based on the job they were playing at that time.

The new Omen route we introduced in the February version update will grant bonus points and players can also earn points by defeating enemies as well.
With this system, players are able to earn more job cards by taking other routes, so we leave it up to you, my fellow adventurers, to decide which route will take you to reach your desired goals~!!

Quote:
I got 6 cards today on my Sam and Drk mules. Completed 2/3 objectives on floors 1,2, and 7/10 on floor 4. Floor 1 was specific mob but I ended up killing all of them since it was the last mob that opened the portal. Floor 2 was kill all. Floor 4 was kill all transcended mobs. I cleared out most of floor 4 for merits and JP after doing all the objectives.

Seems like each mob killed is counted toward a certain amount of points. The day I got 6 cards, I ended up killing nearly everything. I left a few mandragora mobs on floor 4 but killed everything else. I will test tomorrow and try to do a full clear on one of my mules and report how many cards I get.
I just did a solo non-boss run where I got 14/16 objectives and killed every single mob, and only got 4 cards.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 61 62 63