Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-13 15:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Scherzo works on Pain Sync btw. Not enough to survive with 8 targets in range to share the damage, but it works.
We were getting ~8k without scherzo (and 8 targets), and uh... like ~2k with Scherzo (and 7 targets)

Scherzo+EA might be ok to survive maybe? But I'm honestly confident there's a way to counteract Pain Sync or to stun it or make so Thinker doesn't use it at all.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2016-12-13 15:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lexouritis said: »
Got to Thinker in a 6man, did some "needles" move we think correlates to the amount of dmg it 'took' beforehand, while readying the tp move. Wiped everyone but tank, no one thought to have reraise up. "Pain Sync" was the move.

Soooo...stun it (if we are able to didn't test stun), EA/Scherzo it, or stop all dmg when u see it readying "Pain Sync." Ofc need more testing... brb in 20 hours

Edit again: Mischief went in solo, says if u spam debuffs on thinker, it will just use wings of prommy and not "pain Sync"

From the December update thread. I haven't tried it myself, but if you go with a GEO and they can land debuffs, just have them spam debuffs to stay away from Pain Sync. Pain Sync sounds like discord from that one chariot in Abyssea.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-12-13 16:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Scherzo works on Pain Sync btw. Not enough to survive with 8 targets in range to share the damage, but it works.
We were getting ~8k without scherzo, and uh... like ~2k with Scherzo (and 7 targets)

Scherzo+EA might be ok to survive maybe? But I'm honestly confident there's a way to counteract Pain Sync or to stun it or make so Thinker doesn't use it at all.

But Migawari Sechs! Migawari! 8D
By Bahadir 2016-12-13 16:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Kin and Glassy Gorger. Setup Whm Cor Pld Nin Drk Blu

The Gorger was rather easy. It took us a long time case we didnt really have dispel and we were too lazy to "not buff" ^^ but no real danger. Nin did well as all his moves I think were absorbed by shadows. He just spams a Para move that is annoying.

Kin was more tricky and we ran out of time here. He absorbs Phys dmg during TP moves and magic dmg during spell casts. He has moderatly high Eva. 1.3k or what I had as Acc was not enough to cap. His special move seems to be called Malign Invocation. Massive dmg AoE with amnesia, goes through shadows but is absorbed by Migawari. He has the usually doom and curse and bio moves but nothing scary. Actually Nin was a very good tank here as well. Our Pld died to Doom early and I had no problem tanking it.
He casts some week spells like drain, aspir , freeze, comet....no idea if it gets stronger at the end. I highly assume so.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-13 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Inuyushi said: »
From the December update thread. I haven't tried it myself, but if you go with a GEO and they can land debuffs, just have them spam debuffs to stay away from Pain Sync. Pain Sync sounds like discord from that one chariot in Abyssea.
This sounds like a more reliable strategy.
Keep landing debuffs and as long as they're up, Pain Sync won't happen because he will prioritize Winds of Promyvion.
Does it really work though? Do you need focus or languor to land debuffs?
I could land BRD stuff just fine on first cast (Requiem, Elegy, Nocturne), but I don't remember if I had NiTro up when I landed stuff, uuh...
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-12-13 16:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin starts to cast more often and tp more often around 25% hp. Idris indi vex and geo frailty did well enough to cover everything, along with applying nocturne on it. Just has a buttload of HP.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-13 16:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Just did Kin and Glassy Gorger. Setup Whm Cor Pld Nin Drk Blu

The Gorger was rather easy. It took us a long time case we didnt really have dispel

your BLU should have changed spell load ever so slightly to employ Blank Gaze. 60 seconds of non-casting sucks, but is not the end of the world unless you're trying to tank or heal on BLU.
By Sammeh 2016-12-13 17:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »

There may be a piece of gear that you use for resist.. Man if only you could react fast enough to swap it in just for those few milliseconds when the move went off..........
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-12-13 17:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammeh said: »

There may be a piece of gear that you use for resist.. Man if only you could react fast enough to swap it in just for those few milliseconds when the move went off..........

*cough* archon cape
 Ragnarok.Zaryun
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zaryun
By Ragnarok.Zaryun 2016-12-13 18:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
If anyone has any more please let me know. Thanks <3

Land a melee hit for X damage.*

It was set at 2k on the run I did which is very high if you're without a relic/empy and/or DRK mechanics.

We also got the "weapon skill X amount of times" which was set at 30, with a 30 second time limit...

Edit* Sorry I was either too late or didn't notice you'd already noted it. My bad.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-12-13 18:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammeh said: »

...and for $9.99 plus shipping...the secret can also be yours! Please act fast for a limited time.
By Lyramion 2016-12-13 18:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot to add Glassy Gorger dropped Enki Strap.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-13 18:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zaryun said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
If anyone has any more please let me know. Thanks <3

Land a melee hit for X damage.*

It was set at 2k on the run I did which is very high if you're without a relic/empy and/or DRK mechanics.

We also got the "weapon skill X amount of times" which was set at 30, with a 30 second time limit...

Edit* Sorry I was either too late or didn't notice you'd already noted it. My bad.

I had to do a 1500 damage auto-attack, I was dualboxing THF+GEO...
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-13 19:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Glassy Craver likes to use View Sync (which is like Carousel but pulls you in) and follows immediately with Carousel. Dropped Sherida Earring.

Kin absorbs damage the same way Rani does. Uses a WS called Target, which gives a message about locking onto whoever it targeted. They then get glow eyes (which doesn't seem to do anything), and later does a move called Eleventh Dimension, which was a 3 min single target terror with hate reset. Looked about 90-120 sec between Target/Eleventh Dimention, but he can use Target multiple times (like once he just used it back to back). Might be a gaze, so I'll try turning next time. Also has Death Sentence which is a single target SP-like thing (whirlwind, no readying) but it never once landed on me (got Resist! a lot). Dropped Ilabrat Ring.

Oh, and the entry KI timer is based on when you acquire it, not when you enter. Sweetwater enemies are 127, Transcended are 129, Glassy are 134, and the Caturaes are 139.
[+]
 Bismarck.Funstealer
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2016-12-13 19:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

how did you manage to kill the classy craver this thing seems to have massive hp and cant even hit it doesnt seem to take lot of damage either
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-13 20:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyuo -

Debuffs you on every strike. Uses Comet/Holy > 25% (Holy seems to be AoE and wipes shadows). Uses Meteor below 25%.

Unfaltering Bravado - Used at 75%, 50%, 25%, and possibly something lower than 25% (we timed out at 17%).

10k conal Discoid like move. Migawari does not reduce the damage taken by this, but Luopans do. Stoneskin will absorb some, unsure if DT gear helps. You will want to huddle at these percentages so you don't die. It's a relatively tame fight with NIN BLU GEO GEO WHM SCH. Spams
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-13 20:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like the general pattern is the following.

Floors 1/2/4 - Mini objectives you can do for a short time on trash mobs and one main objective to do before moving up. There doesn't seem to be any point in hanging around when you run out of time on the mini objectives, so just finish up the main objective and move on.

Floor 3 - Sub boss that drops an accessory.
Floor 5 - Main boss that drops reforged materials.
 Leviathan.Thoma
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Thoma 2016-12-13 20:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fought Glassy Gorger and Enki Strap dropped along with the party being awarded their individual cards for defeating it.
 Odin.Ewellina
Server: Odin
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2016-12-13 21:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

managed to get to kei the end boss with the crazy regen and shield, we figured out we could take his shield down with a frag SC from requiescat to savage, then all magic dmg, dealt damamage and stopped healing him. possible sch + mages fight. we timed out cos of basicly doin no dmg.

killed glassy gorger, dropped enki strap
[+]
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2016-12-13 21:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fought glossy gorger dropped fc ring and got to Gin and he did Suppresive Sphere at start which put up an invisible shield that only appeared during sc which sucked for us cause we went mage style.
Thunder worked at first till he used a tp move Zero hour that absorbed thunder and stone and extremly weakened aspir which was the 3 spells we used most. he used this at 75%. also used deathly dimmuendo spelling is wrong idk what it did i was on geo. had 20+ min on him too -.-
 Cerberus.Boleslaus
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Boleslaus 2016-12-13 21:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

got cards from mini quests to so if farming cards thats what u wanna focus on
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-12-13 21:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinker wiped the floor with us, we only completed 1 side objective (X weaponskill stuff)

Any correlation between completing those side objectives and difficulty of the NM?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-12-13 21:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We went Fu route - as noted before, 20 yalm AoE dispel Buff Absorb (Ebullient Nullification).

Takes huge bonus damage:
Cast Paralyze, Paralyga, Poisonga II, Water V, Blizzaga IV.
Used Stygian Cyclone, Malign Invocation, Hellish Crescendo, Deathly Diminuendo, and its special attack: Ebullient Nullification.

After each Ebullient damage seemed to return to normal for a short time.
Had ~2.3million HP.

Title:
[+]
By Calinari 2016-12-13 21:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost wish you didn't post that, because now everyone will see it and immediately default to 4bst cor geo and never bother to figure out the mechanics.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-12-13 21:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

BST BST BST PUP GEO RDM (We only netted two cards, totally not efficient)

Can't really satisfy the zone requirements for cards. :\
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-13 21:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »
I almost wish you didn't post that, because now everyone will see it and immediately default to 4bst cor geo and never bother to figure out the mechanics.

If they're okay with getting BST gear forever. Mechanics will be discovered.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-12-13 21:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe using pets is the gimmick? Fu's scale is used for upgrading all the pet jobs if I recall.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-12-13 22:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the mini-boss and final boss based on job of the team leader or is it random?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-13 22:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mini-boss (Promyvion dudes) is random, final boss is chosen by the person using the portal after beating the mini-boss. I think the normal enemies you see before the final boss is based on which one you pick too.
By Draylo 2016-12-13 22:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

80k Razor fang, and people complain about BLU!!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63