Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Omen Findings
Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63
By Boshi 2018-01-25 10:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We've done omen most Kis since it started. During campaign tho we do like 90% card runs.

We were doing Ou x6 in a cycle (mules) until about 3 months ago when we started farming mostly specific kin/gin/kei

Seen 2 bodies drop:
1 Ashera
1 Nisroch

Seen 4 hands:
1 pld/run
1 mnk
1 thf/nin ect

Then I one time burned a ki with a random group and saw a Kin body drop.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-25 11:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Which hands are actually good for something particular? I'm not trolling, genuinely asking. I wanted the hands for DRG so I could build a DT <-> TP conversion set with Arke, but honestly, looking at them, I see only 1 pair that's good (PLD/RUN Regen/Aq SIRD, idle set and maybe others). You are better off selling your Ou pop for 5mil on weekends if you see a shout for it, and then repeat bosses/cards. Or sell the ring/neck/belt/gem for a decent price.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-01-25 11:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd doubt the hands are as bad as bodies, but the rarity most get to do Ou probably makes it feel that way. If you're not already, bring mules and have them warp out before warping to Ou, saving another Ou pop. I'd assume most are doing this, but if not, START! ;)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-01-25 11:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Which hands are actually good for something particular? I'm not trolling, genuinely asking. I wanted the hands for DRG so I could build a DT <-> TP conversion set with Arke, but honestly, looking at them, I see only 1 pair that's good (PLD/RUN Regen/Aq SIRD, idle set and maybe others). You are better off selling your Ou pop for 5mil on weekends if you see a shout for it, and then repeat bosses/cards. Or sell the ring/neck/belt/gem for a decent price.

The Regal Gauntlets are GREAT +enhancing duration piece, with a metric shitton of HP to boot- along with a standing +10regen+1refresh.

The Regal Gloves I use in my tier 1 DT set on RNG and COR. I'll take one or two hits in that set to get some free TP then switch to a full DT set to survive if the tank hasn't gotten hate back.

The Regal Cuffs are best in slot for enfeebling duration, which is very niche, but also very nice to boost that Dia3 duration if you're holding a mob after a wipe during recover time.

You're right, not gamebreaking, but man they are nice.
By Boshi 2018-01-25 11:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

FRegal Cpt. Gloves WAR/MNK/DRK/SAM/PUP: Bad. Only thing they could possibly be useful for is some obscure phys ws where int/chr/mnd30 helps.

BRegal Gloves THF/BST/BRD/RNG/NIN/DRG/COR/DNC: interesting but not very practical. They're very good for the BRD mythic ws tho I guess.

A Regal Cuffs WHM/BLM/RDM/SMN/BLU/SCH/GEO: great piece. Especially for stuff like Sleep. BIS int macc hands (I think without mb kaykaus still bis for mnd based macc? I'd need to look).

A Regal Gauntlets: PLD/RUN: great piece. Great for idle, great for enhancing spells.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-25 11:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with you on the Gauntlets, those are the clear winner in hands from Ou. I'm ignoring the HP since, at least for RUN, the swaps back to a DT is probably much less than what that offers (unless you build tank set around that). The Regen and Refresh are amazing and the duration is awesome.

Not really impressed with anything else hands-wise, so the effort of building 5 KIs and downing ou in 4 minutes is just not appealing with the stuff they offered in the hands department. Get your ring/earring/gem/neck and be done with that crap.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [188 days between previous and next post]
Server: Asura
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-01 21:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Question regarding Kei as I was having trouble finding anything specifically on my inquiry: Is the listing on Kei incorrect on how his absorb damage mechanic works?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Kei

It specifically says : Possesses a permanent shield effect active that absorbs all incoming magic damage (including DoT) and which gives Kei a strong Regen effect.

I was told by a few people that this was incorrect and that it absorbs all damage types including weapon skills and melee/ranged physical damage with the shield up.

Need clarification on this as it is pivotal in wanting to do this with a DD setup. My guess is 2 DDs can constant SC while a GEO nukes the corresponding elemental weakness to keep regen nullified.

I checked this video for reference and the shield up seems to indicate that melee/ranged damage is not absorbed but heavily reduced until shield is off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnk2UlP0Zbc

Wanted to do a DD + Rng/Cor, PLD, GEO, BRD, WHM for my setup. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-08-01 21:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I card leeched a run, where the only DPS was an Aeonic SAM. He just did constant 5 steps.

Shoha > Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo.

Nobody else touched Kei, it wasn't as fast as a solid MB set up, but it was effective. I'd guess a 10min clear.

Nothing was absorbed as long as the SC window was open.
 Carbuncle.Spiketaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Spiketaru 2018-08-01 22:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »
I card leeched a run, where the only DPS was an Aeonic SAM. He just did constant 5 steps.

Nobody else touched Kei, it wasn't as fast as a solid MB set up, but it was effective. I'd guess a 10min clear.

That's how I usually do it. Only thing that stops you is carefully setting up those pushes to 75 50 25 10. As long as you hit either Light or Radiance while he's doing something, you can get out just fine.

For maximum swag, push him to 10 as he's casting Interference so you get knocked out of Fullers' range.
[+]
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-01 22:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So he will absorb physical damage if the shield is up based on what Sirtaint said? Just making sure as the wiki page should be updated if this is the case. Also, not planning to use a Samurai for this fight so this is important to know.
By Foxfire 2018-08-01 23:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i have never seen kei absorb melee damage, only elemental/skillchain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-02 01:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Spiketaru said: »

That's how I usually do it. Only thing that stops you is carefully setting up those pushes to 75 50 25 10. As long as you hit either Light or Radiance while he's doing something, you can get out just fine.

For maximum swag, push him to 10 as he's casting Interference so you get knocked out of Fullers' range.

If you don't mind me asking, what job layout were you using for this method besides Sam? I'd love to try a melee method on him. Just using mages is boring. :P
 Odin.Spoiled
Server: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-08-02 02:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

If you don't mind me asking, what job layout were you using for this method besides Sam? I'd love to try a melee method on him. Just using mages is boring. :P

Not Spiketaru but usually when we do it it's Aeonic SAM, 2 GEO PLD WHM BRD COR SCH(embrava)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-02 02:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spoiled said: »

Not Spiketaru but usually when we do it it's Aeonic SAM, 2 GEO PLD WHM BRD COR SCH(embrava)

So in this situation, does the Sch just buff? Or aid in mbing? I'd presume the Sch would just spam out Radiance. Hmmm.
 Odin.Spoiled
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-08-02 04:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So in this situation, does the Sch just buff? Or aid in mbing? I'd presume the Sch would just spam out Radiance. Hmmm.

SCH is solely there for Embrava to overwrite Kei’s slow aura
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-02 06:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH is solely there for Embrava to overwrite Kei’s slow aura

Ah got ya. So how long does Embrava last with Perpetuance and Accession anyway?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-08-02 07:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

His description is worded a bit funky. Whichever mode he is in (fire or wind based on what he casts) gives him regen effect and his eyes glow. This regen effect can be removed by casting the opposite element on it (water or ice), and t1 nukes work fine. As far as doing dmg to him you need to do a sc to open up a window for him to take dmg which lasts ~8 seconds. Anything outside of that window he will absorb all dmg with the exception of casting the opposite element of which he is casting. Hope it all makes sense. I personally take rune/sch/rng/rdm/cor/geo. Fusion from sch and rng closes light with trueflight. Rune can eat fullers no problem. Also be sure not to have luopan or any other person within 15' of Kei during fullers. He'll do 2.5k dmg per person/pet inside of 15'
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-02 09:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
His description is worded a bit funky. Whichever mode he is in (fire or wind based on what he casts) gives him regen effect and his eyes glow. This regen effect can be removed by casting the opposite element on it (water or ice), and t1 nukes work fine. As far as doing dmg to him you need to do a sc to open up a window for him to take dmg which lasts ~8 seconds. Anything outside of that window he will absorb all dmg with the exception of casting the opposite element of which he is casting. Hope it all makes sense. I personally take rune/sch/rng/rdm/cor/geo. Fusion from sch and rng closes light with trueflight. Rune can eat fullers no problem. Also be sure not to have luopan or any other person within 15' of Kei during fullers. He'll do 2.5k dmg per person/pet inside of 15'

dead on, just let's not underplay how your RNG needs to be geared to make this strat work. /DNC for Skillchain bonus and dual-wield allowing either Malevolence x2 or Malevolence/Trilling Dagger. A dedicated Trueflight set built around a combination of WSD and MAB and that utilizes Hachirin-no-Obi with Aurorastorm II from the SCH. Inundation from the RDM re-applied before every SC. Gastraphetes,Fomalhaut,Armageddon in that order for weapon (Gastra best for TF, TP bonus makes Foma 2nd, all that AGI makes Arma 3rd). Your regen-fighter (usually the GEO or RDM) has to be incredibly on point. And have your SCH pop Tabula after Kei uses Benediction, followed by the COR firing off a Wild Card. These last two suggestions are there to speed up the fight.

This is an incredibly fun way to tackle this boss when done correctly, and also incredibly safe. Good luck!

EDIT: Its also completely possible to {Run Away!} from Dancing Fullers with good timing from your Tank. The range isn't a full 20'. Takes some practice and its MUCH safer for beginning groups to do what Kitt says above about no Luopan on Kei and tank eats it with a High HP set, but you don't have to go that route.

Also one last note on a RNG strat- remember that Decoy Shot does NOT work on Weaponskills, and your damage in this fight is gonna be about 3% TP, 97% WS/SC dmg.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-02 09:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancing Fullers is 10', so as long as you don't run beyond 20 and draw in the entire party, you're fine. If Kei is using a spell or TP move when he hits the "fullers" threshhold, he will stand in place and complete that cycle, and then use fullers, never moving. Kei will also use Fullers regardless of your distance under 20'. This means if Kei happens to land on 75% while he's casting a spell, you can literally stand at 13~ for the entire cast duration, and he will immediately use fullers right after, and it will miss. He will not run forward and use fullers on you. This is a good strategy for tanks who are not comfortable timing the run just right. You can just stand at 15' or so and just wait for him to use it, and then run back into position. Have been doing this since day 1.

Also, alternatively, you don't really need an aeonic sam, as I have done this with SAM/BRD/COR/GEO/TANK/WHM. Rolls are normally either Sam's/Allies or Sam's/Tact/Fighters; whatever gets you tp faster. Standard 4-5 step SC, have an entrust haste and 2 marches, and then you can just go to town. Only thing you have to be concerned about is getting caught in ws animation when fullers goes off, so it's best to wait til he's casting a spell to push him to use it, so you aren't caught. Also, stand at max melee range (about 5'~) so that you have less to run away from.

edit: adding a sch to the mix makes it so the SAM doesn't have to force himself to be in range for fullers, as normally a GEO+SCH nuking can push Kei down a few % numbers to force Fullers.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-08-02 16:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
So he will absorb physical damage if the shield is up based on what Sirtaint said? Just making sure as the wiki page should be updated if this is the case. Also, not planning to use a Samurai for this fight so this is important to know.

Kei will never absorb physical damage, but does have a stupidly high damage reduction (PDT-99.9% or possibly a straight dmg-per-hit cap?) while the shield is up.

Kei will always absorb all magic damage, (other than the element opposite his current mode,) any time that the shield is up.

BG-Wiki is currently accurate and should not be updated with wrong info.
 Carbuncle.Spiketaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Spiketaru 2018-08-02 16:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We usually suffice with tank, SAM, GEO(nullifying regen), BRD (double marches because Stone Spikes give, what, -30% Haste?), COR (SAM roll helps so much), and WHM.

Added magical damage at that point is icing on the cake. Only problem is if the SAM goes down. Even if the tank goes down, the SAM should be generating enough hate to hold it off the healer.

I'm surprised so many people do back-line heavy strats. Sure, it's safer, but as a SAM, hearing that a mob needs many SCs to open it up, I sat in the back of my first few runs like

[+]
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-08-02 17:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We do kei with tank/geo/blm(or any caster that can spam opposite element/rng/brd

Have sch do a fusion skillchain when rng gets 3k tp then after skillchain blast it with a trueflight. All 9's for dmg. I however am not sure if this will work for everyone as I have gastra but we do this for him everytime. I don't know bubble name but it's the mab one. I just stand next to geo, tank puts himself between me and mob and I use use decoy to mitigate some hate. It's about a 7min clear.
By Peeks 2018-08-02 18:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
We do kei with tank/geo/blm(or any caster that can spam opposite element/rng/brd

Have sch do a fusion skillchain when rng gets 3k tp then after skillchain blast it with a trueflight. All 9's for dmg. I however am not sure if this will work for everyone as I have gastra but we do this for him everytime. I don't know bubble name but it's the mab one. I just stand next to geo, tank puts himself between me and mob and I use use decoy to mitigate some hate. It's about a 7min clear.

You can save a body by just having the GEO do water/blizzard. We don't do much else during the fight.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-02 18:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've said it before, and I'll say it again-

RNG strat on Kei is one of the best gifts you can give your group's members who love the pewpew. But it does require a unique setup/buff settings/well geared RNG. It does NOT require a Gastraphetes if the rest of your gear holds its own. Just so its here w/ exact reasons, one more time I guess.

RNG-subjob of /DNC if you trust your tank and your personal DT set,/NIN if not.
COR-Samurai and Wizard's Rolls
SCH-Skillchain maker(Fusion, Aurorastorm II and Animus Mineo on RNG
RDM-Flurry2 and Inundation
GEO-Acumen/Malaise, regen fighter (spams T1 Water/Blizzard as needed)
RUN-personal preference for Rayke, PLD works fine.

additional roles that fit in well are SMN or BLM for bursting if you have members working on cards, BRD for AGI etude/prelude(minuets aren't going to matter much here),THF(who's gonna turn down TH?), 2nd COR for Tactician/Allies Rolls. For a RMEA RNG with proper gear on Trueflight, Allies Roll will be useless, can give 2nd roll to help the mages if ya like. Of course the existing RDM, SCH, and GEO can all burst, although I recommend saving MP and only bursting on the RNG's Light, not the SCH's Fusion.

Again, Decoy shot isn't going to do much as it doesn't transfer hate from WSs. At least Trueflight is magical, so proportionally less hate than an equivalent dmg physical weaponskill, but you're probably gonna pull hate at one point in the fight. If you do @Dancing Fullers proc, consider yourself lucky as you'll be out of range and just made life easy for your Tank. But you'll take a hit or seven. SCH can also use its 2nd 1hr, "Caper Emissarius" to transfer the entire party's hate onto the tank in an emergency.

The most important buffs are easily Geo-Acumen, Aurorastorm II, Animus Mineo, and Flurry 2. Inundation is a HUGE boon to this fight, but remember Kei like all the bosses will use "Stygian Sphere" to wipe all enfeebles. Casting inundation during the SCH skillchain is both safe and won't interrupt it.

Hope this helps some fellow RNGs have some fun now and then.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-08-02 18:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to agree with Celebrindal, We use rng often with sch, of course or rng has no life so he is well geared, but it works extremely well for Kei
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-02 19:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tacothecat said: »
I am going to agree with Celebrindal, We use rng often with sch, of course or rng has no life so he is well geared, but it works extremely well for Kei

Hey! I resemble that remark!
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-08-02 21:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. Lot of stuff is missing from wiki so updated it with better info so it is more accurate.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-08-03 00:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei is probably one of the easiest NM's if people are geared right and pay attention. Myself and s friend both 3box and hsve did it with our 6 atleast s dozen times the last couple weeks.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-08-03 00:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are really putting too much focus into particular jobs. Kei's entire gimmick is you want to keep a MB window open as long as possible. Whether you do this with a SCH, with a SCH and an extender, a single melee with massive buffs doing 4 steps, or multiple melee and doing 4-steps is entirely up to you and your group. All that matters is you keep that MB window open as often as you can. The last time I did Kei I went as aeonic COR and would get aftermath up, SCH would make Fragmentation, our warrior would Upheaval for Light and then I'd extend that Light and we would have a GEO and BLM MBing each step of the way. I've also done it melee with THF+COR both meleeing...back in the 6-man cap Omen days. That was torture, but that was when accuracy was an issue pre-BRD viability too, so I don't think it would be a big deal if I were to repeat it now.
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63