Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-13 01:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
Verda said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Also, THF (appropriately) made out like a bandit, what in the *** is that head/body/legs

The legs are good but almost wondering if Samnuha Tights are still better due to STP and I'm fairly certain Lustratio +1 subligar still beat it for rudra, might win for stacked mandalic tho, the body with TA 7% tho is really good but you also miss capping DW from Adhemar, but it also doubles as the best now stacked rudra body. The head though... it has no attack but in every other way is amazing. If you cap pdif with support it's doing 2.3k more damage according to the spreadsheet for stacked WS than Adhemar +1, having that much of a boost from one item slot is crazy. Solo though it'll be less effective due to no attack. Still I'm not complaining it's amazing all around every job got way more than we expected.

Also the Nusku Shield is really nice for RNG sub WAR and wow at Nisroch Jerkin, if you're standing at trueshot distance that should be a very beastly body piece for Jishnu's Radiance.
Pillager's isn't the thf set I want tons of triple attack on. Skulker's should have been the set for that. Pillager's had some Critical already and could have easily been made 4/5 for best in slot stacked, but of all of the pieces the body barely squeaks in for best in slot, and the the head clearly wins despite either of them not having any attack. Yet lots of accuracy because of all those times we miss with sneak attacks. I really don't get what they were aiming for with this set. Dual wield on the gloves that augments trick attack? What? Why?

So because not every piece completely replaces old choices it was a backwards design choice? The body has 7 triple attack on it. There is nothing else in the game that competes with that. On any content that actually matters, your attack is incredibly unlikely to be any issue whatsoever. I truly do not understand how you aren't happy about some exceptional gear upgrades.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-12-13 01:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting/Recipes Thread - https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/129493-New-Recipes-December-12th-2016-Version-Update
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-13 01:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Anybody said: »

My reaction to the Omen gear update....

I think the only images I have that would do justice to my reaction would get the post deleted and me banned.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2016-12-13 01:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Went into omen on PLD/BLU just to check it out before bed. There were about 20 mobs (Tigers and flies) One transcended mob that had decent evasion. Got messages like don't use magic to kill mob/follow the light to a special foe etc...I assume the special foe was the transcendent mob. I killed a few mobs then my trust aggro about 15 more lmao. I stayed up tanking them all until about 45 seconds left until my trusts died then I Just bit it and waited for the timer to end. They gave nice CP per kill but only drops I received were crests and normal crap.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-13 01:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bigheadkitty said: »
Went into omen on PLD/BLU just to check it out before bed. There were about 20 mobs (Tigers and flies) One transcended mob that had decent evasion. Got messages like don't use magic to kill mob/follow the light to a special foe etc...I assume the special foe was the transcendent mob. I killed a few mobs then my trust aggro about 15 more lmao. I stayed up tanking them all until about 45 seconds left until my trusts died then I Just bit it and waited for the timer to end. They gave nice CP per kill but only drops I received were crests and normal crap.

Really hoping that cards aren't a rare drop or something.
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2016-12-13 01:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In my log a few times I saw this:

Obey...Follow the light...
Vanquish 1 specific monster.

Also a message once saying there are 630 omens from your foes.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-13 01:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did omen as BHK stated there were tiger and flies on the first floor, on the second floor there were beetles and leeches(With mini objectives like defeat an enemy with an elemental weaponskill), then we had the boss. The boss hits you with curse,slow,blind. And it does this AoE move called special attack which hit us for 2K+ damage.
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2016-12-13 01:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also all vorseal waned when entering and no access to temp items etc like in escha.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-13 01:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Just did omen as BHK stated there were tiger and flies on the first floor, on the second floor there were beetles and leeches(With mini objectives like defeat an enemy with an elemental weaponskill), then we had the boss. The boss hits you with curse,slow,blind. And it does this AoE move called special attack which hit us for 2K+ damage.

How much -DT gear were you in?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 01:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Got to floor 3 solo, timed out on a Glassy Craver. Got him to 67%, an 18k resolution dealt less than 1% of his HP in damage and he was hitting me for 400-500 a hit in non-DT gear with Phalanx on.

Fulfilled all objectives on floor 1 and 2 but got no job cards.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-13 01:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Got to floor 3 solo, timed out on a Glassy Craver. Got him to 67%, an 18k resolution dealt less than 1% of his HP in damage and he was hitting me for 400-500 a hit in non-DT gear with Phalanx on.

Fulfilled all objectives on floor 1 and 2 but got no job cards.

I'm quaking in my stylish-yet-affordable toeshoes.

I wonder if they're a boss-only drop.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 01:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So about 6-7m per set assuming the mats are guild NPC only and don't drop from the NMs.

+3 takes 30-50 cards and a megaboss scale

He also offers further upgrades to the +3...? For 5 of the new 105 crafted mats (which also take the 1.1m guild vendor item)
By Calinari 2016-12-13 01:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Why, why, why with the damned UNM drops, again. Oh well.

500 beads, no big deal at all, but wait till the +3 are 10k
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-12-13 01:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, 10 beads, guess people can stop complaining about that at least.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-13 01:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »
Why, why, why with the damned UNM drops, again. Oh well.

To keep the content relevant.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2016-12-13 01:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Ulthakptah said: »
Verda said: »
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Also, THF (appropriately) made out like a bandit, what in the *** is that head/body/legs

The legs are good but almost wondering if Samnuha Tights are still better due to STP and I'm fairly certain Lustratio +1 subligar still beat it for rudra, might win for stacked mandalic tho, the body with TA 7% tho is really good but you also miss capping DW from Adhemar, but it also doubles as the best now stacked rudra body. The head though... it has no attack but in every other way is amazing. If you cap pdif with support it's doing 2.3k more damage according to the spreadsheet for stacked WS than Adhemar +1, having that much of a boost from one item slot is crazy. Solo though it'll be less effective due to no attack. Still I'm not complaining it's amazing all around every job got way more than we expected.

Also the Nusku Shield is really nice for RNG sub WAR and wow at Nisroch Jerkin, if you're standing at trueshot distance that should be a very beastly body piece for Jishnu's Radiance.
Pillager's isn't the thf set I want tons of triple attack on. Skulker's should have been the set for that. Pillager's had some Critical already and could have easily been made 4/5 for best in slot stacked, but of all of the pieces the body barely squeaks in for best in slot, and the the head clearly wins despite either of them not having any attack. Yet lots of accuracy because of all those times we miss with sneak attacks. I really don't get what they were aiming for with this set. Dual wield on the gloves that augments trick attack? What? Why?

So because not every piece completely replaces old choices it was a backwards design choice? The body has 7 triple attack on it. There is nothing else in the game that competes with that. On any content that actually matters, your attack is incredibly unlikely to be any issue whatsoever. I truly do not understand how you aren't happy about some exceptional gear upgrades.
I mean if you want to look only at multi attack Thaumas coat still has more multi attack than it. I don't understand the on any content that matters point. Seems counter intuitive unless the implied is on content that matters you better bring an idris geo with you. In which case that's a terrible argument. And if you are confused here is the tl;dr thf gets one exceptional gear upgrade, one slight upgrade, and +1 inventory, big freaking whoop.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 01:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

dont even have to farm the UNMs for them if you've killed them before... can just buy with accolades :]
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-13 01:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, let's not drag Thaumas Coat into this. I had just regained a sliver of my will to live.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-13 02:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any desire to debate something with somebody who willfully ignores glaringly obvious facts, so we'll let this be.

On a better note, info from a post by Dasva over on BG makes it seem like the AF gear can be improved beyond +3, likely through augmenting.

"But wait there is more. "Can improve foire babouches +3 but will need more stuffs. Need two times. 3 azure cement, 1khoma thread, 1 cyan orb ( basically 3 different new crafting items which checking the guild appear to be above 100 but below 110 with one of those items being a 1-3 of) then 300 or 15k beads. So I'm thinking the +3s can be augmented with a ton of these crafted items"
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-13 02:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet Altana, if that's true, what on Vana'diel could the augments be?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-13 02:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lookin' through the list of NPC names in Omen. Groups of 7 Sweetwater (regular) enemies and then a Transcended (NM) version of the same types. Full list of names
Only unique things look to be boss-like are the Glassy Craver/Gorger/Thinker, and then the 5 unique names at the bottom. Good luck, gumshoes.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-13 02:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The bottom ones are what im going to assume are "Super bosses" if you get in far enough. And their the ones that drops those scales. So they are likely to also be dragons.
By Ulthakptah 2016-12-13 02:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I don't have any desire to debate something with somebody who willfully ignores glaringly obvious facts, so we'll let this be.

On a better note, info from a post by Dasva over on BG makes it seem like the AF gear can be improved beyond +3, likely through augmenting.

"But wait there is more. "Can improve foire babouches +3 but will need more stuffs. Need two times. 3 azure cement, 1khoma thread, 1 cyan orb ( basically 3 different new crafting items which checking the guild appear to be above 100 but below 110 with one of those items being a 1-3 of) then 300 or 15k beads. So I'm thinking the +3s can be augmented with a ton of these crafted items"
Depending on the augments I might withdraw my complaints, but I will continue to stay cautiously pessimistic.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-12-13 02:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Same reports on omen as the previous poster.

We got the Gorger in room 3 and got the Kishar Ring as a direct drop from it. Gorger has a move that copies all buffs from all PT members and did it often enough that I spammed dispel for the entirety of the fight.

When zoning after the Gorger it asped me to pick a path so I chose Kin. Kin was the caturei final boss of the run.

Kin was nothing to write home about. MP was never an issue and he didn't seem to do anything particularly dangerous. He manafonted and absorbed magic damage during spells. Melee damage healed him during TP moves. It took us a long time to kill it. Dropped Kin's Scale and Utu Grip.

Its special attack gave a 3 minute terror to our RUN. Terror move has hate reset as well.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-12-13 02:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like scales are job specific and that info can be gained from the other Gob as shown above.
By Lexouritis 2016-12-13 02:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Got to Thinker in a 6man, did some "needles" move we think correlates to the amount of dmg it 'took' beforehand, while readying the tp move. Wiped everyone but tank, no one thought to have reraise up. "Pain Sync" was the move.

Soooo...stun it (if we are able to didn't test stun), EA/Scherzo it, or stop all dmg when u see it readying "Pain Sync." Ofc need more testing... brb in 20 hours

Edit again: Mischief went in solo, says if u spam debuffs on thinker, it will just use wings of prommy and not "pain Sync"
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2016-12-13 02:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

For us it went:

Floor1: Kill a bunch of enemies
Floor2: Kill a bunch of enemies
Floor3: Single Empty NM, we got the tall one. Dropped RNG shield. After NM was dead, portal allowed us a pick a NM path.
Floor4: Kill a bunch of enemies
Floor5: Kill boss
We picked Gin, which was a Caturae. Used Perfect Dodge at some point along with a new TP move called Zero Hour along with typical Caturae TP moves. Bolster'd Vex blocked nearly all of its status effects and it was very squishy to melee, though at one point it absorbed a 70K Light so swapped to Shoha after that.

Setup was: SAM GEO GEO SCH COR WHM. Took about 25min to clear.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-12-13 02:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So... Nothing about the cards yet?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-12-13 02:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly is the reward for completing the objectives on the floor?
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-12-13 02:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cards are gained from clearing the mini-floor objectives and we all got one after we killed the megaboss.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8