December 2016 Version Update - Omen Edition
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-12-13 02:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The timer on them is really quick, the only one we managed to do was cast 18 spells on the monsters and that was with 3 mages spamming Dia.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-12-13 02:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

so is it one card for every objective completed?

I think it gave me something like 90 seconds to complete all 3 objectives. One was do 5x Weaponskill, one was do 30k dmg WS and I can't remember the third one.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-12-13 02:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We got 1 card on the 1 objective we completed. It went to every member for the job they were currently on.
By Lexouritis 2016-12-13 02:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah apparently thinker sucks, but keep it debuffed it won't 'needles'
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2016-12-13 02:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh also final boss gives a title. We got Kin Kicker.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2016-12-13 02:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »

So because not every piece completely replaces old choices it was a backwards design choice? The body has 7 triple attack on it. There is nothing else in the game that competes with that. On any content that actually matters, your attack is incredibly unlikely to be any issue whatsoever. I truly do not understand how you aren't happy about some exceptional gear upgrades.
Because it's not an exceptional gear upgrade at all. It would be palatable yet confusing if it was an upgrade on it's own but after seeing the stuff all of the other jobs get it's clearly one of the weakest sets because it halfasses trying to be everything instead of actually being good at something.

Assuming you have proper amounts of haste since capped haste is available on 99% of content:

Hat is on par with the hats the other jobs have by some miracle.
Body has triple but now you lose out on DW. Still actually pretty good. Not obscene like some of the other slots but still an upgrade once utilized properly.
Hands are DW for a TA piece aka a detriment and are actually WEAKER than Ambuscakdi+1 on WS. Unless SE altered how the TA augment works then the TA aug is nigh useless due to it's place in the formulae. They might be able to slot in for adhemar instead to cover for the loss of DW in body when you get the +3 body. Due to this it's generally a good idea to look at body + gloves as a pair if using for TP in high acc situations.
This makes you lose at least 6 stp on the Nqs alone and your overall triple attack goes up by a massive 1% when you were already 40%+.
Now of course there are other options like dropping an earring for Suppa which would mean there's no use for hands on TP except to make things worse.

Legs gave some ta and crit% but they're weak enough that people here already question whether to use them and Lustratio+1 are still probably king on ws.
Feet are entirely for the movement speed and magic eva because noone gives a hoothoot about a second or two more of flee. They're inferior to lustratio+1 which will give a set bonus with the legs to make the crit+ dmg on the omen legs obsolete when compared as a set.

Then about half of this nonsense I typed goes out the window if you had any luck during a dark matter campaign and got misc combination like QA STP DA and/or WSDMG 8 augments in the wrong slot.
Now there is still hope for the omen gear having aug sweet augment paths but that is irrelevant to your overall argument about how amazingly awesome thf set must be since the reason thieves are disappointed/upset in this is that the sets are inferior in terms of how much they were upgraded compared to some other random job's omen sets they checked out before augments even came into play or were discovered.

If you had some herc gear and then went to solo some reisen NMs you'd have had more than enough stones for the lotto to do a roughly better/equal job than most of the thf set in certain roles via the magic of gearswapping and having the patience to sit down at the npc.
By Draylo 2016-12-13 03:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see they added something good, hopefully they keep doing stuff like this.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-13 04:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That dingir ring is *** awesome! (among other things)
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-13 04:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That dingir ring is *** awesome! (among other things)

Yeah the JSE is going to be situational but quite a few accessories that are absolutely godlike.
 Asura.Taruranto
user: Tarlant
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-13 04:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The issue with Eschan portals in Escha – Zi’Tah and Escha – Ru’Aun, as well as ethereal ingresses in Reisenjima wherein graphics would not display properly.

Game saved.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-13 05:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

wat

I had entrusted indi-attunement, bolstered indi-barrier and geo-frailty. I'm guessing it's related to the earlier objectives?
By Jimmyballsack 2016-12-13 05:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

500 beads to skip waiting one measly Vana-day opposed to using 10 beads and waiting in typical AF fashion. If it were an Earth day or week, I could see it, but not a game day.

Maybe bead farming is going to be eased? Maybe we'll be obtaining AF cards at such an alarming rate that we want to get it all done in fell swoops. At any rate, best update in quite a while.

My main takeaways are BLM hands and PLD body with its souv +1 crushing HPs and the ability to effectively precast in a non-souv piece without dropping your HP ceiling--followed by some of the WSD+10% pieces. SE seems eager to throw Amalric +1 hands under the bus posthaste, as AF2 hands were the ones with an MB bonus stat.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-12-13 06:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does only the leader need KI for Omen entry or does everyone need it/lose it?
[+]
By geigei 2016-12-13 06:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »
Maybe we'll be obtaining AF cards at such an alarming rate

One can only dream, 30-50 cards per +3 piece sounds like years of farming.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-13 06:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Everyone needs it according to patch notes
By Wolfen 2016-12-13 06:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Niqmaddu Ring
Rings
STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10 "Quad Attack"+3% "Subtle Blow II"+5
WAR / MNK / DRK / SAM / DRG / PUP / RUN

?????????
Looks at jobs... /sigh
[+]
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-12-13 06:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Were they actually going to reveal the location of the gear NPC Coelestrox to us then? Or is it a closely guarded secret between SE and the leets?

Can't find it anywhere.

I found the gobbie for the KI at warp point 10. And 2 more gobbies at point 8. No sign of the gear one, or indeed a warp point 9 for some reason.

k, so he's at 10 over from the KI gobbie. Found him now. Doesn't do anything though. Do I have to go into Omen first to make him show me the goods?

He's just wittering on about food on his plate.

So the update notes which state -
"Getting Started
Speak with Coelestrox in Reisenjima to commence the reforging event..."
Seem a little bit under informed.
 Asura.Kasandea
By Asura.Kasandea 2016-12-13 07:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

While we're at it we should check vorseals aswell :)
By Jimmyballsack 2016-12-13 07:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The real limiter will be the cool downs between runs, unless there's a way to get a lot of cards in single runs. Hard to imagine SE releasing their penchant on creating rapidly decaying content, but this looks to be a bit of a turnaround in development strategy.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-13 07:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We found a treassure room and we had to open 2 boxes. I opened one and we got entry KI so... Yeah

Also got a Job card for WHM when we went down FU path.

Fu wiped buffs the moment we engaged.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-13 07:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta figure out how to rapidly farm cards, there has to be a way.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-13 07:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

500 beads to skip waiting one measly Vana-day opposed to using 10 beads and waiting in typical AF fashion. If it were an Earth day or week, I could see it, but not a game day.

Maybe bead farming is going to be eased? Maybe we'll be obtaining AF cards at such an alarming rate that we want to get it all done in fell swoops. At any rate, best update in quite a while.

My main takeaways are BLM hands and PLD body with its souv +1 crushing HPs and the ability to effectively precast in a non-souv piece without dropping your HP ceiling--followed by some of the WSD+10% pieces. SE seems eager to throw Amalric +1 hands under the bus posthaste, as AF2 hands were the ones with an MB bonus stat.

BLM hands are 63 MAB beneath Amalric+1 so I wouldnt say they are totally under the bus
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2016-12-13 08:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SO Shadowlina could you reenter immediately with your key item from treasure room? Maybe our goal should be to seek out this treasure room each time.
By Jimmyballsack 2016-12-13 08:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

BLM hands are 63 MAB beneath Amalric+1 so I wouldnt say they are totally under the bus
True. A buddy just pointed this out to me too. Knee-jerked on that one.
By Cupbot 2016-12-13 08:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the odds of me lowmanning this with randoms?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-13 08:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »
SO Shadowlina could you reenter immediately with your key item from treasure room? Maybe our goal should be to seek out this treasure room each time.
Yup

I made a new thread jsut for Omen btw
By Jimmyballsack 2016-12-13 08:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cupbot said: »
What are the odds of me lowmanning this with randoms?
10:1 in favor of you needing a Raise.
By Boshi 2016-12-13 08:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Feet are entirely for the movement speed and magic eva because noone gives a hoothoot about a second or two more of flee.

I carry the the +1 feet around when I'm running around on thf, flee going from 30->45 sec is pretty noticeable. It's nice that these let you save a slot by also being a move+18 piece
By RolandJ 2016-12-13 08:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like the earrings and necks would have better served the players if they were for "All Jobs" or all jobs of the selected damage-type instead of the remarkably selective job list each one gets. The rings are the exception since they actually were given to all jobs of the selected damage type - there's a melee ring, a magic ring, a ranged ring, and a 2hander ring and seemingly all jobs related to each damage type landed on each corresponding ring.

THF DNC and RUN get a TON of the non-JSE armor/earrings & the melee neck while many identical damage-type jobs (melee vs magical vs ranged vs pet) don't get on same gear. It seems to be more of a game of favorites rather than balance in some cases. It's mostly directed towards SAM, BLU, WAR, and DRK getting selectively left off of various melee-specific pieces. All four of those jobs get left off of the melee-centric neck & earring, for instance while WAR & SAM don't even land on a single neck or earring from this update.... now THAT is annoying. ^^;
[+]
 Asura.Taruranto
user: Tarlant
By Asura.Taruranto 2016-12-13 09:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Everyone needs it according to patch notes
Do you lose it when you enter or when you win? (Like Ambu)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8