Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-13 09:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taruranto said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Does only the leader need KI for Omen entry or does everyone need it/lose it?
Everyone needs it according to patch notes
Do you lose it when you enter or when you win? (Like Ambu)
Everyone looses it yes.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-12-13 09:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wolfen said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Niqmaddu Ring
Rings
STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10 "Quad Attack"+3% "Subtle Blow II"+5
WAR / MNK / DRK / SAM / DRG / PUP / RUN

?????????
Looks at jobs... /sigh

"Niqmaddu" is an ancient Japanese phrase roughly translating to "throw me a bone, bro"
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-12-13 09:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Wolfen said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Niqmaddu Ring
Rings
STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10 "Quad Attack"+3% "Subtle Blow II"+5
WAR / MNK / DRK / SAM / DRG / PUP / RUN

?????????
Looks at jobs... /sigh

"Niqmaddu" is an ancient Japanese phrase roughly translating to "throw me a bone, bro"
As someone who plays drg drk war a lot I'm chuffed they got some decent exclusives this update
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2016-12-13 09:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The blus can seethe. About damn time SE is showing other jobs some love.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-13 10:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RolandJ said: »
I feel like the earrings and necks would have better served the players if they were for "All Jobs" or all jobs of the selected damage-type instead of the remarkably selective job list each one gets. The rings are the exception since they actually were given to all jobs of the selected damage type - there's a melee ring, a magic ring, a ranged ring, and a 2hander ring and seemingly all jobs related to each damage type landed on each corresponding ring.

THF DNC and RUN get a TON of the non-JSE armor/earrings & the melee neck while many identical damage-type jobs (melee vs magical vs ranged vs pet) don't get on same gear. It seems to be more of a game of favorites rather than balance in some cases. It's mostly directed towards SAM, BLU, WAR, and DRK getting selectively left off of various melee-specific pieces. All four of those jobs get left off of the melee-centric neck & earring, for instance while WAR & SAM don't even land on a single neck or earring from this update.... now THAT is annoying. ^^;

This is SE attempting to apply balance to the various jobs via selective high powered gear vs actually modifying the jobs of weaponskills.
 Asura.Kasandea
By Asura.Kasandea 2016-12-13 10:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
The blus can seethe. About damn time SE is showing other jobs some love.

For those screaming for the BLU nerf, BLU was avoided in nearly all new accessories/armor pieces and BLU has no melee set from Ambuscade aswell.

BLU can't wear
Anu Torque, (MNK / RDM / THF / BST / RNG / DRG / DNC / RUN)
Yamarang, (THF / NIN / DNC / RUN)
Sherida Earring, (MNK / RDM / THF / BST / RNG / DRG / DNC / RUN)
Ashera Harness. (MNK / THF / BRD / NIN / DNC / RUN)

Those screaming for BLU blood, You just took us a glass of blood now :3
But we're still there ;3
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-13 10:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kasandea said: »
For those screaming for the BLU nerf, BLU was avoided in nearly all new accessories/armor pieces and BLU has no melee set from Ambuscade aswell.

BLU can't wear
Anu Torque, (MNK / RDM / THF / BST / RNG / DRG / DNC / RUN)
Yamarang, (THF / NIN / DNC / RUN)
Sherida Earring, (MNK / RDM / THF / BST / RNG / DRG / DNC / RUN)
Ashera Harness. (MNK / THF / BRD / NIN / DNC / RUN)

Those screaming for BLU blood, You just took us a glass of blood now :3
But we're still there ;3

These will help in a number of ways in closing the gap. The self-haste cap is still an issue for party dynamics, but it's slowly becoming the only real issue.
[+]
By Darksparksnot 2016-12-13 11:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is ridicolous, i'm putting new stuff into spreadsheet and i realized there's nothing to add.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-13 11:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is vagary broken? Can't seem to get the multi-chain upgrades for Plout and Perf after update...
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-12-13 12:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Is vagary broken? Can't seem to get the multi-chain upgrades for Plout and Perf after update...

yep it isnt working for us either, tried 2 different runs and cant upgrade the multi-step skillchaining D:
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-13 12:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Vagary broken? I'm meant to be doing a Vagary event tonight.. but if we can't do Perf/Plouton there's not much point.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-12-13 12:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ok update, stone > aero imanence skillchain doesnt work now but u can do it with SCH and pld, imanence aero > fast blade > imanence aero til u meet the 6 step
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-13 12:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
ok update, stone > aero imanence skillchain doesnt work now but u can do it with SCH and pld, imanence aero > fast blade > imanence aero til u meet the 6 step

Sounds annoying. Hopefully they fix it soon.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-12-13 12:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Be nice to actually know how to access the new gear from the Goblin. He's giving me nothing except speil about food or something.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-13 13:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So is the only way to do it right now: Aero > Fast Blade > Aero > fast blade (etc.) ? Or could it be done with a SAM or other DD instead?
By RolandJ 2016-12-13 13:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Content omitted from quote

This is SE attempting to apply balance to the various jobs via selective high powered gear vs actually modifying the jobs of weaponskills.

Yes Saevel I might agree there, I was getting that impression too. Of all the jobs to exclude though, SAM? WAR and DRK seem quite better off than SAM.

Instead of playing a pseudo-balancing act with armor job-selection I'd rather they start fixing the handful of bad WS calculations so that other jobs can excel in their WS spam which would remove the need to gimp the armor selection of the currently min-maxer melee jobs.

And to fix some of the anti-blu movement they could give us a way to reliably cap haste. We typically need around max, 43.5% magic haste depending on the job. That is 30 more haste than haste 1 gives. I don't know about you but I want this without sacrificing other party spots for horrible trust-BRDs while duo/trio'n otherwise I look to other options since the trust march can't be relied on. Is a non-unity geo trust who keeps up indi-haste without switching to to a different indi-spell & cures with access to convert too much to ask for? lol. Hasso+ gear affecting the delay reduction of hasso could help SAM, LR recast reduction mimicing WAR's berserk recast reduction could help DRK (they should have this anyways, shouldn't they??), WAR might not need much extra for lowman potency due to almost-fulltime berserk and 100% DA except that it makes them squishy since it kinda allows your GEO to use haste instead of frailty or fury. I would have to consider the other melee jobs a little more before suggesting much as far as haste fixes for them since I don't play them currently.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-12-13 13:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

So is the only way to do it right now: Aero > Fast Blade > Aero > fast blade (etc.) ? Or could it be done with a SAM or other DD instead?

its the way we tried but yea, u can do it with a sam for example or any mix of DD + sch that works too, dunno why they removed the skillchain thing from sch tho
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-13 13:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

its the way we tried but yea, u can do it with a sam for example or any mix of DD + sch that works too, dunno why they removed the skillchain thing from sch tho

There was something they changed regarding a certain NM where Immanence was causing it to behave differently. I guess when they fixed that they broke the Vagary conditions. I hope they know about it.. I don't want to have to bring a DD each time.

"The issue wherein using a skill chain involving the ability Immanence against the notorious monster Wopket in Yorcia Weald would cause certain battle gimmicks to become disabled via an improper attribute."
By RolandJ 2016-12-13 14:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There was something they changed regarding a certain NM where Immanence was causing it to behave differently. I guess when they fixed that they broke the Vagary conditions. I hope they know about it.. I don't want to have to bring a DD each time.

"The issue wherein using a skill chain involving the ability Immanence against the notorious monster Wopket in Yorcia Weald would cause certain battle gimmicks to become disabled via an improper attribute."

Does this mean immanence skillchains no longer qualify as grounds for Maju's skillchain gimmick?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-13 14:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this mean immanence skillchains no longer qualify as grounds for Maju's skillchain gimmick?

Sorry I don't know about that. I put a post on the official forums asking if others are having the same issue. Perhaps the devs will pick it up, they might not know of the problem.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-12-13 14:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i think for maju or onychophora, u just dont have to repeat the same skillchain in X amount of SCs, the case of vagary is just doing multisteps with imanence
By Justuas 2016-12-13 14:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Yeah wasn't working for us too..
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-13 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the only way SE will fix it is if we blow up my post with upvotes and comments. I know Vagary is old content and a lot don't do it, but it's way more convenient to do that stage with a Scholar and we shouldn't let them forget the problem. Please reply to my post here >> Vagary Spawn Conditions Broken?

Don't know if I put it in the right place.. if it could be put somewhere better please let me know.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-12-13 15:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried doing the 6 step with two scholars? Like if one did Stone and the other did Aero?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-13 15:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kasandea said: »

Complain about the accessories if you want, but your Ambuscade point is ridiculous.

1) BLU is going to get on one of the next two Ambuscade sets, probably the Homam model set which is highly likely to have melee stats.

2) Just like every other job, Ambuscade gear may provide a piece or two that's a modest upgrade or great for a niche use, but is otherwise unlikely to beat fairly easily obtainable Escha gear anyway (NQ abjuration stuff, T1 Reisenjima with solid augments).
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-13 17:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the only way SE will fix it is if we blow up my post with upvotes and comments. I know Vagary is old content and a lot don't do it, but it's way more convenient to do that stage with a Scholar and we shouldn't let them forget the problem. Please reply to my post here >> Vagary Spawn Conditions Broken?

Don't know if I put it in the right place.. if it could be put somewhere better please let me know.

Community rep has been linked to the thread, we'll see how quickly they can get a response.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-12-13 17:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried doing the 6 step with two scholars? Like if one did Stone and the other did Aero?

i did that today and wasnt working, we did the sch/pld combo after that and it worked
By volkom 2016-12-13 17:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

they did it~ they actually put acc on the drk gear. i don't know SE anymore but i'm ok with this
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2016-12-13 18:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So I found something interesting. I found out you can carrie over a KI from previous day and do back to back runs. the exact same thing you could do with salvage pre rhapsody.
By Lexouritis 2016-12-14 01:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei beaten, title Kei Combuster. Dropped that Ammurapi Shield. set up was RUN BLM SCH Idris, boxed BLM.

Went in blind really, first run (PLD SCH BLM BLU BRD Idris) killed Gorger, it dropped Erra pendant.

The second run, they got the Craver, it dropped the Sherida earring

Got to Kei, timed out. Different Ls members for the most part went in a few minutes later with the info we gathered + better setup for the win.

Used benediction at 53%, and a special TP move (Dancing Fullers) at 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10% that does 2500 base dmg x the number of people in range, Including lupons. (BLU + lupon in range= 7500 dmg) Scherzo was on, still did 7500dmg.

Has elemental spikes effect, and changes them often. (indicating what element to nuke it with) It absorbs everything else.

Long fight, does typical Ashva caturae moves, but did not see Banneret's Charge.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8