user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2017-02-14 16:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Siren.Dilandu said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Asura.Yankke said: »
For those doing solo Omen runs for cards, is 3 cards the "accepted" average amount of cards obtained per run?

3-5 i seen myself

Most of my runs I've been getting 3, but occasionally I'll only get 2. I've never gotten anything more than 3, so I'm curious to know how some are getting 4 or 5 cards per run.

On the first 2 floors I'm usually clearing 2 out of 3 objectives, and on the final floor, I usually clear 6 or 7 out of 10 objectives.

Copy pasted the quote from the dev tracker.
Quote:
Hello, everyone.

As promised, I wanted to follow up about obtaining job cards from Omen!

By completing main and additional objectives in Omen, players earn points which aren't shown in any menu or logs.
Once players accumulate a certain amount of points, players will receive a card based on the job they were playing at that time.

The new Omen route we introduced in the February version update will grant bonus points and players can also earn points by defeating enemies as well.
With this system, players are able to earn more job cards by taking other routes, so we leave it up to you, my fellow adventurers, to decide which route will take you to reach your desired goals~!!

Quote:
I got 6 cards today on my Sam and Drk mules. Completed 2/3 objectives on floors 1,2, and 7/10 on floor 4. Floor 1 was specific mob but I ended up killing all of them since it was the last mob that opened the portal. Floor 2 was kill all. Floor 4 was kill all transcended mobs. I cleared out most of floor 4 for merits and JP after doing all the objectives.

Seems like each mob killed is counted toward a certain amount of points. The day I got 6 cards, I ended up killing nearly everything. I left a few mandragora mobs on floor 4 but killed everything else. I will test tomorrow and try to do a full clear on one of my mules and report how many cards I get.
I just did a solo non-boss run where I got 14/16 objectives and killed every single mob, and only got 4 cards.

And how many u wanted!? :P like i said 3-5 i got so far and always clear full room before goin up.
By Rife 2017-02-14 16:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got 4 out of non miniboss way, got x2 when completed objective on floor 4
 Sylph.Chosenone
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Chosenone 2017-02-15 13:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"Has anybody tried Trueflight on Kei post patch? We've tried the following setup twice."

well we go rng sam pld sch brd geo or rng pld sch brd geo whm
and have the sch setup a fusion then have the rng TF to close and mb that. if you go the sam route you can have them namas if they have the bow for a second light. over all TF is doing 50-80k to capped light drops it about 10-14ish % a round
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-15 15:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Did some quick test today on low HP Thinker:

- 12000 damage last stand right into Pain Sync
- Epeolatry RUN
- Scherzo +7

resulted in only 1500~ damage taken by him.
How much dt/bdt?

-36% DT
no BDT outside of that

So like...

> 12000 raw damage goes down to 4800 with the new Pain Sync nerfs (SE said 40%)
> 4800 with 36% DT would be 3072
> Then Scherzo kicks in which should be 52% DT with the new NQ neck and lands us around 1500.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-02-15 16:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Scherzo caps at -50% DT, even with the new neck.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-15 17:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Scherzo caps at -50% DT, even with the new neck.

Good to know
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-15 22:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Siren.Dilandu said: »
For those doing solo Omen runs for cards, is 3 cards the "accepted" average amount of cards obtained per run?

3-5 i seen myself

Most of my runs I've been getting 3, but occasionally I'll only get 2. I've never gotten anything more than 3, so I'm curious to know how some are getting 4 or 5 cards per run.

On the first 2 floors I'm usually clearing 2 out of 3 objectives, and on the final floor, I usually clear 6 or 7 out of 10 objectives.

Copy pasted the quote from the dev tracker.
Quote:
Hello, everyone.

As promised, I wanted to follow up about obtaining job cards from Omen!

By completing main and additional objectives in Omen, players earn points which aren't shown in any menu or logs.
Once players accumulate a certain amount of points, players will receive a card based on the job they were playing at that time.

The new Omen route we introduced in the February version update will grant bonus points and players can also earn points by defeating enemies as well.
With this system, players are able to earn more job cards by taking other routes, so we leave it up to you, my fellow adventurers, to decide which route will take you to reach your desired goals~!!

Quote:
I got 6 cards today on my Sam and Drk mules. Completed 2/3 objectives on floors 1,2, and 7/10 on floor 4. Floor 1 was specific mob but I ended up killing all of them since it was the last mob that opened the portal. Floor 2 was kill all. Floor 4 was kill all transcended mobs. I cleared out most of floor 4 for merits and JP after doing all the objectives.

Seems like each mob killed is counted toward a certain amount of points. The day I got 6 cards, I ended up killing nearly everything. I left a few mandragora mobs on floor 4 but killed everything else. I will test tomorrow and try to do a full clear on one of my mules and report how many cards I get.
I just did a solo non-boss run where I got 14/16 objectives and killed every single mob, and only got 4 cards.

And how many u wanted!? :P like i said 3-5 i got so far and always clear full room before goin up.

Only got 2 cards in today's run. Cleared 2 out of 3 objectives on Floors 1 and 2, and cleared 7 out of 10 on Floor 3. First floor was specific mob, floor 2 was kill 9 Sweetwater mobs, floor 3 was specific mob and I got lucky and found it quickly on the 3rd set of mobs.

*shrug* My luck must really suck.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-02-15 22:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

On the 3rd floor, did you kill all the mobs? That gives quite a bit of points towards cards.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-15 22:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
On the 3rd floor, did you kill all the mobs? That gives quite a bit of points towards cards.

I did not. I killed all NQ Rabbits, and all NQ Mandragora. I found "the one" while killing Lizards. I still had 25 minutes left, I guess I could have stayed a bit longer and killed stuff.

I can try putting a /shout group together and try killing everything to see if that helps.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-02-15 22:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had no problem full clearing the 3rd floor dual boxing 2 blm's (10-15min leftover), so even a 2nd person should make it pretty easy to clear the whole floor. Doing it with a full group would make certain objectives pretty annoying to do, especially if you're with a bunch of random people not used to working together.
 Asura.Yankke
Server: Asura
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2017-02-15 22:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill all mobs even if u complete all objectives or time out, idk in the patch notes i read something about "Hidden points that didnt show in chat log" so i just kill all still 3-5 cards per run dnc/sam
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-15 23:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to attempt a solo run on my mule's SAM. It's not too well geared though and my kill speed isn't great on it. I do have a 4-hit setup with the 119 Soboro though so I'm hoping Shantotto II will help speed up kills.

I'll see if I can clear the first 2 floors without killing all mobs, then on 3rd floor I'll go ham and kill everything. See what ends up happening.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-16 00:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill all mobs even if u complete all objectives or time out, idk in the patch notes i read something about "Hidden points that didnt show in chat log" so i just kill all still 3-5 cards per run dnc/sam
Dev note. And it was saying completing objectives gives you points that make cards (duh already knew that) and that killing fodder on alt F4 does as well
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-16 00:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished. As I suspected, I was unable to fully clear the floor due to my slow kill speed. I did, however, randomly get a card while killing fodder. The final floor was "Specific mob" and it took me a while to find it. When I finally did, I had 3 minutes left and all of the Pixies still standing, so I just went for the exit.

Still only got 3 cards for the run.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-02-16 00:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

At least it wasn't 2, hehe.

Keep in mind, it remembers how many points you earned previously so there's some variance in how much you'd get a run. You could have potentially earned something like 3.8 cards worth or something making it easier to get more than 3 the next time.

And I don't think there's actually any benefit at all to exiting, might as well just kill to the end.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-16 13:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though we exclusively do boss floors, we still get 3 cards pretty reliably with our group as we do most if not all the objectives going up.

The only HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE one is the 6 step skill chains where mobs tend to die before it could be executed. We just haven't really bothered bringing very low weapons to try and do them.

Especially since they need to be unique skill chain occurrences needing something like:
Liquefication > Scission > Reverberation > Impactation > Detonation > Gravitation to complete,

by then pretty much anything is dead, that's if you even have the weapon types / WSs to complete a long chain.

For multiple magic bursts, we tend to just go with fusion (RLB > Flat blade) and do 4-6 MBs per fusion using dia
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-16 13:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Especially since they need to be unique skill chain occurrences needing something like:
Liquefication > Scission > Reverberation > Impactation > Detonation > Gravitation to complete
Jinpu spam alternating between Detonation and Scission fulfills the 6-step skillchain objective.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-16 13:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Liquefication > Scission > Reverberation > Impactation > Detonation > Gravitation to complete
Jinpu spam alternating between Detonation and Scission fulfills the 6-step objective.

I wonder why we aren't getting credit doing Fast blade to RLB for scission > Liquefication > scission

Maybe we just didn't see it and gave up prematurely, will try again later!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-16 14:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Jinpu spam alternating between Detonation and Scission fulfills the 6-step objective.

I wonder why we aren't getting credit doing Fast blade to RLB for scission > Liquefication > scission

Maybe we just didn't see it and gave up prematurely, will try again later!

I've done 6 SC's using RLB -> Flat Blade before. I think it's the magic WS at the end not counting or something.
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-16 21:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a full clear and only got 3 cards on my Drk and Sam mules. Cleared the usual amount of objectives which is 2/3 floors 1,2, and 7/10 on floor 4. First time getting less than 4 cards.

My Blu mules always been getting 3 cards every run.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2017-02-16 23:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The only HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE one is the 6 step skill chains where mobs tend to die before it could be executed. We just haven't really bothered bringing very low weapons to try and do them.

We use a quint spear alternating
Penta Thrust-> Double Thrust

It's low damage, the only issue is accuracy if you don't have other buffs. We usually pop languor/precision and it's usually ok.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-02-18 01:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that clearing the floor 3 objective on the "smaller light" path automatically grants a job card regardless of omens/secondary objectives..

Every time I've completed floor 3, I get a card when I clear the objective, and in the above run, I got 2 cards immediately upon clearing the objective (one from "winning" and one perhaps from omens or some other criteria.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-02-18 04:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
I believe that clearing the floor 3 objective on the "smaller light" path automatically grants a job card regardless of omens/secondary objectives..

Every time I've completed floor 3, I get a card when I clear the objective, and in the above run, I got 2 cards immediately upon clearing the objective (one from "winning" and one perhaps from omens or some other criteria.

That would make sense with what I am experiencing as well.
 Valefor.Terravcota
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Terravcota 2017-02-18 09:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies in advance - my search ability is failing me.

Fu is the only boss I haven't done. I've only been able to find a couple posts about pet setups but melee might be a better way for the group I'm in.

If we do go pet, would a SMN and a BST be enough damage?
What's the range on Ebullient Nullification?
Is the charge up time on Ebullient Nullification long enough to run out of range?
If not, how do you push him with your DDs out of range? (I think I saw COR WF in a post.)
What's a good number of buffs to have stolen?
Any other tips/tricks?

This doesn't seem all this complicated but I feel like I'm missing something... Thanks!
 Sylph.Parshias
Server: Sylph
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2017-02-18 09:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Terravcota said: »

Fu is the only boss I haven't done. I've only been able to find a couple posts about pet setups but melee might be a better way for the group I'm in.

What's the range on Ebullient Nullification?
Is the charge up time on Ebullient Nullification long enough to run out of range?
If not, how do you push him with your DDs out of range? (I think I saw COR WF in a post.)
Any other tips/tricks?

This doesn't seem all this complicated but I feel like I'm missing something... Thanks!

I would think that Fu would be one of the easier ones to do as a pet set up, seems almost built for it. I've only done it with a melee group.

The range of Ebullient Nullification was told to me as 25 yalms. I haven't tested standing between 20 and 25 to see if it might actually be 20 yalms, but I doubt it.

I don't recall it having much of a charge up. Certainly not enough of one to go from melee range to 25 yalms.

Our DDs don't go out of range, so we push it through a threshold the same as any other time. We make sure the DDs have no buffs on them. (maybe give them Shell 5, but nothing more)

I haven't done much testing on the ideal amount of buffs, but when we've fought Fu we go for about 4-6 buffs stolen at once. That's usually no buffs from the DDs, 1-2 buffs off the WHM (Solace, maybe Aurorastorm) and then a handful of buffs off the tank. Damage from Fu can get pretty heavy even with 6 buffs stolen, so be careful.

One thing to note is that the buffs that get wiped are only buffs that can normally be dispelled. So things like Reraise, Light/Dark Arts, RUN Runes, etc. can be up on as many party members as you want and they'll never be affected by Ebullient Nullification.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-18 09:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Parshias said: »
The range of Ebullient Nullification was told to me as 25 yalms

I've been at 21 and it not hit me before. I go as the RDM/WHM "main healer" / enfeebler for those fights so I'm constantly casting on it due to *** sphere.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-18 09:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »

We use a quint spear alternating
Penta Thrust-> Double Thrust

It's low damage, the only issue is accuracy if you don't have other buffs. We usually pop languor/precision and it's usually ok.

Another option we use is Aeolean Edge spam.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-18 12:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Sylph.Parshias said: »
The range of Ebullient Nullification was told to me as 25 yalms

I've been at 21 and it not hit me before. I go as the RDM/WHM "main healer" / enfeebler for those fights so I'm constantly casting on it due to *** sphere.
I consistently keep myself at like 20.3-6' to keep myself out of range but my dummy buff trust in range. Works pretty good

Valefor.Terravcota said: »

Most the rest was explicitly answered but yes they are definitely enough dmg. With several buffs absorbed you are throwing out capped dmg moves left and right. I haven't used bst or smn but with 2 pups using OD and a cor for buffs/dia it's usually around a 4-5 minute fight. Smn and bst moves can obviously do more dmg and with sps can be spammed a bit faster.

Buffs you want stolen is gunna kind of depend. Like for me personally I tried to usually get 6-10 stolen as that was around the point where it would start hitting my autos hard enough where I'd actually have to considering using anwig or healing items which is somewhat difficult if trying to have masters avoid nullification and that would lead to a lot of capped dmg. On the other hand smn/bst do more dmg to begin with so wont need as many buffs absorbed and are also less sturdy but being less reliant on tp staying in range isn't a problem. I'd probably start lower until you find what's comfortable balance of keeping your pets alive while keeping dmg high
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-18 12:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The range of ebullient is 20 yalms. We use pet setup because it's just faster with competent players. But melee works just as fine.

Keep in mind with pets, they lose hate because they die and are replaced often. with melee, doing 99999 damage is a death sentence possibly if your tank hasn't established great hate. I've even pulled damage on my corsair and subsequently died.
If you're using melee, just have them go all out with no buffs and they should be fine, assuming their accuracy is sufficient. They don't have to run out of range, except for the first absorb at 100%, where we have our tank pull him from behind and we all hug the opposing wall.

That said, all of the meaningful fu strats are discussed pretty much in detail on this thread a few pages back. We covered how many buffs to absorb is safe as well.
 Odin.Taffy
Server: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-02-21 12:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some info for Kei. We tried going Blm Blm Whm Pld Geo Sch but could not sustain enough damage. Granted one of the Blm wasn't geared that well so I know if I switch to Blm instead of Whm we can probably increase the damage by a fair bit but based on the numbers we were hitting we wouldn't come close to killing him. we only got him down to 69% and this was Pre benediction. The other blm was geared well and lands 99,999 deaths on WoC and 60-80k Aero's on Kirin as well as landing close to capped dmg on Reis t4 so I don't think he was lacking. My blm is geared a little better and I would say geared very well. All master jobs and Idris Geo. We went with Geo Langour and Indi malaise with entrust focus. It just wasn't enough damage. What are we missing?

Edit: Parse was 49% Blm 1, 32% Blm 2, 19% Sch. Figure swapping my blm is and increasing the to something the would look closer to 45/45/10. I Still only see this getting us down to around 10-20% if benediction wasn't factored which of course it is.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 61 62 63