Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-10 03:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

On my static runs we did get 4 cards once (4th coming from megaboss kill) but it happened only once, normally we get 3, sometimes 2. We tipically complete most objectives.

I think this is because there are two sources of cards. You get one card:
1) Every 5 objectives completed (killing boss on floor 3 and 5 counts as an objective I think)
2) Every XXX Omen farmed. Killing stuff, bosses included, grant you a certain amount of "omen points", which stay between runs.

You said 6 objectives on last floor, that's not a typo right? If so that means there's one more objective than what you get on default floor 4.

Personally I see three useful scenarios in this new path for Omen, and it's something that I think it's gonna become more useful in the long run. I still expect some changes to Omen (cards exchange rate? cards drop rate? KI cooldown?) by april though.

1) It's useful if for some reason you can't go with your static or with a PUG and don't wanna waste your KIs. Can lowmen or solo this path and get I guess... at least 2 cards even if you suck? Supposing you manage to stay alive and kill everything.

2) It's gonna be useful once you're capped on items from mini and megabosses and don't care about the mats (gil), allows for more relaxed cards farming (since we all know, bodies aside, we all gonna cap on drops before we cap on cards)

3) It's gonna be useful to farm cards on jobs that would never ever ever ever get a spot in a default Omen run with your static, for whatever reason.
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-10 04:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a typo but I'm pretty sure there was 6 objectives listed. Not 100% sure since I was in a rush after seeing the kill all objective.

I cleared 6x elemental WS, 12x physical WS, kill x amount of mobs, and MB 6 times which is 4 objectives cleared. I didn't complete 30k dmg and elemental dmg for 15k without a MB.

I did get 2 cards in a row after completing the kill all which was surprising. I'm assuming it counts as a boss kill as well since you just exit after.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-02-10 04:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo'd with a thf earlier along with trusts doing non-boss path. Floor 4 has 10 objectives to do on that floor
 Siren.Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-10 04:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I duo'd with a thf earlier along with trusts doing non-boss path. Floor 4 has 10 objectives to do on that floor

Needs new glasses... How many cards did you get for the run?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-02-10 04:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 3 cards. I guess it's possible to get max of 4 cards per run if you're able to clear nearly objectives all plus counting main floor objective clears
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-10 04:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So if what Zuidar said is correct we're looking at
Old path: 16 objectives
New path: 19 objectives

You get a card every 5 objs. I think an incomplete series of objectives "stays" between runs?
That is if you finish a run with 13 objs done, next run you do you won't start with 0 objs done but game will consider that you have 3 already completed? (leftover from previous run)
I'm not sure, just wondering.

Isn't there also a hidden "omen currency" that you get for killing stuff, and you get one card if you manage to reach a certain number in this currency?
I think I read someone mentioning it going from 0 to 999 and you getting a card if you manage to go above 999

If this is true and if completed but unused objectives stay between runs, then it should be theoretically possible to get a max amount of 5 cards in a single run, but obviously that's not very likely to happen and no way you can do that on every single run.
 Siren.Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-10 05:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
You get a card every 5 objs. I think an incomplete series of objectives "stays" between runs?
That is if you finish a run with 13 objs done, next run you do you won't start with 0 objs done but game will consider that you have 3 already completed? (leftover from previous run)
I'm not sure, just wondering.

Yes objectives carry over. I've only done 2 runs with my SAM and DRK mules. I completed 4 objectives on my first run before the update and didn't get a card. I got a card on the first objective I've completed on my second run after the update.

Isn't there also a hidden "omen currency" that you get for killing stuff, and you get one card if you manage to reach a certain number in this currency?
I think I read someone mentioning it going from 0 to 999 and you getting a card if you manage to go above 999

No idea, never paid attention to the omen message.

BG Wiki has entering omen counting as a objective which is needing verification. I can verify entering omen does not count as an objective completed. I've entered 7 times with my other mules and never got a single card. What I'm thinking is whoever wrote it must have got a free objective when entering omen and got a card from carrying over 4 objectives.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-10 05:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dilandu said: »
BG Wiki has entering omen counting as a objective which is needing verification. I can verify entering omen does not count as an objective completed. I've entered 7 times with my other mules and never got a single card. What I'm thinking is whoever wrote it must have got a free objective when entering omen and got a card from carrying over 4 objectives.
Looking at the first reported instance of it occuring, there's no "a Spectral Light appears" message around the card. I've gotten a card upon entry as well, but we did get a free floor along with the usual spectral light message.

Siren.Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-10 06:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Siren.Dilandu said: »
Looking at the first reported instance of it occuring, there's no "a Spectral Light appears" message around the card. I've gotten a card upon entry as well, but we did get a free floor along with the usual spectral light message.

From reading up on BG Wiki and seeing entering omen counting as an objective. I wanted to leech some free cards on COR. My salvage BLU mules had access to Omen so I tested by entering 5 times on a naked lvl 1 COR doing nothing but exiting after but never got a single card. I entered 2 more times to make sure in case I didn't count correctly.

I ended up gearing up my mules and It did take 5 objectives for them to get their first card. These are not my SAM and DRK mules which I recently geared.

I've also got a free floor and obtained a card but it wasn't when entering omen but on the 2nd floor.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2017-02-10 07:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that completing the requirements to go up a floor counts as an objective.. On free floors, you complete the requirement by entering, so if you get a free floor on the first floor, that's an objective done. If it's your fifth, you get a card.
 Siren.Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-10 08:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
I believe that completing the requirements to go up a floor counts as an objective.. On free floors, you complete the requirement by entering, so if you get a free floor on the first floor, that's an objective done. If it's your fifth, you get a card.

The screenshot does not show as a free floor but I've never got a card with my group by just entering omen. Also like I said my mules entered 7 times and didn't get a single card. Got my first card after I did 5 objectives on them.

Just finished with Kyou. Was getting cursed a lot more often with the vex and attune nerf. Didn't seem to hit as hard and less acc needed with the update. We beat it down much faster than usual with 4 people. Had over 28 minutes left which is a record for us.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-10 09:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Glassy Gorger went down like a rock, DD reported same numbers just less HP, scoreboard showing 800k~ HP
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-10 13:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Kin, and he seemed to hit significantly less hard, and I had capped hit rate with ~1250 accuracy, (as opposed to ~1350 pre-update) so he seems to be noticeably nerfed all around.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-02-10 13:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as a PSA: Just beacause you dont get the chest floor after the glassy, doesn't mean that you wont get it at all, we got one today just as we where trying to leave.
So yeah, don't warp when you kill the boss, manually leave. and then warp and whatever.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-10 13:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Just as a PSA: Just beacause you dont get the chest floor after the glassy, doesn't mean that you wont get it at all, we got one today just as we where trying to leave.
So yeah, don't warp when you kill the boss, manually leave. and then warp and whatever.

Man, I feel sorry you haven't had the joy of being disappointed by a double scale drop and then a double gil chest bonus floor before now.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-02-10 14:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Man, I feel sorry you haven't had the joy of being disappointed by a double scale drop and then a double gil chest bonus floor before now.
Its ok we NEARLY had this...
Double scale,
Double gil,
one item

\o/
By clearlyamule 2017-02-10 14:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oddly ever open 2 boxes has been gil but every open 1 has been a boss item. Knowning SEs sadistic ways they could have a open 15 and it would actually lower your chances of getting an item
 Siren.Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-11 01:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So if what Zuidar said is correct we're looking at
Old path: 16 objectives
New path: 19 objectives

10 objectives, They are even numbered.

I manage to get a card after all the objectives were done on floor 4. Just killed a few mobs and got a card. Did not pay attention to the omen number.

Todays run I got 4 cards again. I didn't complete all the objectives. I think it's possible to get 5 cards in a single run. I completed 2/3 on floors 1 and 2 and 7/10 on floor 4.

I got kill 38 sweetwater mobs with 2 people on floor 4. Assuming it's 19 for one person.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-11 01:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting occurrence today. I did do a cure for over 500 HP on floor up, but only 1. Not sure why the floor decided to give us credit for 2 HP cures upon initiating the objective timer.

[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-02-11 01:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Floor 4 is a decent place for CP'ing after you've completed the objective. Our objective on that one was kill 30 mobs. I'd have to check logs since there is so much spam hard to keep track. In the end, we finished with nearly 15 minutes to spare so we just cleared the floor and got 6~7 iirc JPs on mules, etc.

setup was BLU BLU BRD + trusts

4 cards total for BLU and BRD, 2nd BLU only got 3 ( not sure why )
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-02-11 03:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeez, the new path is painful >.<

It asked me, SOLO, to kill 47 mobs

I did it literally at the last second, and I got booted after getting the completion.

Second time I entered, it asked for "specific mob", which I won (by chance) pretty easily

However completing the objective effectively ends the run, as you can only "stay" or "escape" at the ingress

Not sure if worth noting, but both times I beat the objective I got a card. Might just be lucky.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-02-11 03:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a Kyou run today. Had a significant evasion drop (100ish) but Meteor required vex/attunement to keep manageable. So pretty much traded out a acc buff for Meva buff.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-11 03:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
Did a Kyou run today. Had a significant evasion drop (100ish) but Meteor required vex/attunement to keep manageable. So pretty much traded out a acc buff for Meva buff.

Yeah my usual only-vex on Kyou (Idris GEO) wasn't working so hot with the WAR who was constantly dying and then he used Interference right before his 25% Bravado so we couldn't be stacked up and I ate it solo (on DD RUN) so both DD's were dead. Even plopping in my MDT set my RUN was taking upwards of 1500 from Meteor with vex active. Pretty absurd.
By Justuas 2017-02-11 04:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw Shadowlina, when are you going to update the op?
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2017-02-11 04:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »

Yeah my usual only-vex on Kyou (Idris GEO) wasn't working so hot with the WAR who was constantly dying and then he used Interference right before his 25% Bravado so we couldn't be stacked up and I ate it solo (on DD RUN) so both DD's were dead. Even plopping in my MDT set my RUN was taking upwards of 1500 from Meteor with vex active. Pretty absurd.

yea i wussed out after first meteor dumpstered us pretty hard and just vex/attunement the rest of the fight. We had a pld, was kind of hoping run could get way without doubling up defensive buffs. I guess with evasion nerf its a net wash anyways.

Oh yea also, was able to stick distract on geo ~40% of the time and 100% off darkness which was nice. didnt really think or care enough to try anything else with the spam removal
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-11 08:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We've never used Vex or Attunment on Kyou ... and kill him really fast, our last run was something like under 4 minutes.

King's Justice (WAR) -> Torcleaver (DRK) -> Upheaval (WAR) -> Resolution (DRK) -> Big Light -> Upheaval (WAR) -> 80~99K Radiance.

Did that twice, on the third volley the DRK's light killed it.

Setup

RUN
WAR
DRK
GEO
BRD
WHM
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-02-11 19:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What is everyone finding as an ideal set-up for Kin? Depending upon who comes, we aren't very fast on it and sometimes we time out. There is so much variety, I've had a tough time singling out where we should focus. Thanks in advice for the input!
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-02-11 20:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin can be done very easily with nearly any setup. Tank, geo, whm, brd, DD, DD.

Now with that said drk is best melee dd on almost any of the bosses simply due to largest dps potential and the fact they have arcane circle and crest to help whole pty. War also does really good and is right there with drk.

The fight is simple and fast if you only ws during casting and dont do sc. A rag user will pull a good 50k~ reso at 3k on him, probably closer to a 35k~ avg over the fight, war should do the same.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-11 20:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Now with that said drk is best melee dd on almost any of the bosses simply due to largest dps potential and the fact they have arcane circle and crest to help whole pty. War also does really good and is right there with drk.

WAR's better total damage then DRK in this situation though AC adds enough utility for it to be worth it's slot. I frequently do this NM with one of the best DRK's in the game and we both do lots of parsing.

That being said, Kin is by far the easiest of the NM's so it's not like you need max damage or anything.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-11 21:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always found Gin to be easier than Kin, to be honest.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 61 62 63