First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Avallon 2017-02-08 12:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Does Migawari work for it?

Yes, along with Earthen Armor and Scherzo.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-02-08 12:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Migawari work for it?

It does null Pain Sync yes.

Also for Fu, I found Droning Whirlwind does actually land after the buff steal which was really neat. I know it's tough to not use Mighty Guard, but I figured if I had to stay in I was gonna lose it anyways, so I saved UL to test it out and Finale had no effect.

Edit: I seriously hope one day SE finds a way to make spells show their additional effects land like they did Violent Flourish, I feel like it's such a gamble on these fights just using spells and being like "I used X, hopefully it landed and didn't waste a 5-minute cooldown over nothing". Same thing with Weapon Skills like Infernal Scythe, Ageha, or others with really useful effects.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-08 12:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming player dispels work like enemy dispels, Droning Whirlwind should have a 100% land rate which I've so far experienced on numerous resistant NMs, which is pretty convenient considering it's also a full dispel.
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-02-08 13:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Assuming player dispels work like enemy dispels, Droning Whirlwind should have a 100% land rate which I've so far experienced on numerous resistant NMs, which is pretty convenient considering it's also a full dispel.

I have noticed that at least for Osmosis (for non-Undead mobs anyway) which I enjoy using for obvious reasons. Does that also hold true for Rending Deluge? Really useful info to have in the back of my mind for future NMs though, so I appreciate that tidbit.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-02-08 13:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

100% land rate because it is paired with damage or because it's a full buff wipe? I'm certain that they can be resisted even if joined with damage, maybe Droning is special or has a huge macc boost though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-08 13:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Why not just say "we are adding the option to either have a middle boss or not"?
They've always been vague when they talk about adding new things, which from SE's perspective is smart because it gives them room to change details without nerd rage from the playerbase if they do. It also leaves a bit of mystery which keeps people curious and thinking about it which is good for them too. Details often change in development so idk why you think they should give you all of them. They can also gauge playerbase reactions when vague and mine them for ideas based on what they wish or expect. Idk I just thought it was accepted that's how smart game companies work.

As usual it's wait and see they've never given full details before a patch is actually released that I can remember, and they'd probably face PR hardships if they did for reasons stated above.

Maybe. PR Hardships? Like when they said content was done last year and then followed it up with new content? Like when they said BST would be getting more TH and then countered with "no, you misunderstood, we were saying we could do that to enhance TH"?

I like the other response better, they just swiss cheesed it up. But I had my hopes up pretty high because im just about sick of Gorger at this point. For every 10 Omen runs, its 8 Gorger, 1 thinker, 1 craver.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-08 16:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
I have noticed that at least for Osmosis (for non-Undead mobs anyway) which I enjoy using for obvious reasons. Does that also hold true for Rending Deluge? Really useful info to have in the back of my mind for future NMs though, so I appreciate that tidbit.

100% land rate because it is paired with damage or because it's a full buff wipe?
Because of it being paired with damage was my initial reasoning, but it looks like it's only an attribute of Droning Whirlwind for players. Used Bucca as my target for something that regularly buffs itself with something I can tell if it's off or not (Dread Spikes) and is also very resistant. Rending Deluge and Osmosis failed to dispel it, but Droning Whirlwind hits it every time.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 16:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of it being paired with damage was my initial reasoning, but it looks like it's only an attribute of Droning Whirlwind for players. Used Bucca as my target for something that regularly buffs itself with something I can tell if it's off or not (Dread Spikes) and is also very resistant. Rending Deluge and Osmosis failed to dispel it, but Droning Whirlwind hits it every time.

BLU spells are primarily additional effects, meaning there is a separate proc and resistance check made. Droning is special in that it always lands and always wipes every buff.

Honestly it's best to just treat BLU spells like Weapon Skills that don't use TP.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-08 17:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Why not just say "we are adding the option to either have a middle boss or not"?
They've always been vague when they talk about adding new things, which from SE's perspective is smart because it gives them room to change details without nerd rage from the playerbase if they do. It also leaves a bit of mystery which keeps people curious and thinking about it which is good for them too. Details often change in development so idk why you think they should give you all of them. They can also gauge playerbase reactions when vague and mine them for ideas based on what they wish or expect. Idk I just thought it was accepted that's how smart game companies work.

As usual it's wait and see they've never given full details before a patch is actually released that I can remember, and they'd probably face PR hardships if they did for reasons stated above.

Maybe. PR Hardships? Like when they said content was done last year and then followed it up with new content? Like when they said BST would be getting more TH and then countered with "no, you misunderstood, we were saying we could do that to enhance TH"?
Don't forget them deleting the post where they said they would after someone pointed it out and linked it
[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-02-08 17:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't Bucca normally absorb darkness damage? I know using Drain III on something that absorbs damage wouldn't trigger an HP Boost on your end so I'm wondering Osmosis not triggering plays a factor, but that does certainly rule out Rending Deluge.

It's also just possible Droning Whirlwind's effect works like Atomos where it's a specialized dispel BEING that it's on a long cooldown.

Thanks for testing it out though.

Edit: I'm only bringing that part up about Osmosis because I've utilized it to steal Summer Breeze (100 TP Regain) from at least one of them before.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-08 21:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Doesn't Bucca normally absorb darkness damage? I know using Drain III on something that absorbs damage wouldn't trigger an HP Boost on your end so I'm wondering Osmosis not triggering plays a factor
Didn't notice. Tried on Gajasimha instead and yeah, Osmosis was always absorbing Protect/Shell even after numerous level ups. So Osmosis looks like a non-UL option for an unresistable (in most cases), single buff dispel, which also absorbs!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 21:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So Osmosis looks like a non-UL option for a (likely) unresistable, single buff dispel, which also absorbs!

It's definitely resistable, especially if the target has natural dark resistance. It's highly accurate so not likely going to resist unless the target is obscenely higher then you. Try it on a high level Apex mob while naked to see if it's truly unresistable.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-08 21:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gajasaimha isn't high enough? So picky. It absorbed Shell on an Apex Crab while naked, btw. Also absorbed Enstone from a Dark/Earth hybrid elemental in Vagary, again, while naked.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-08 21:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gajasaimha isn't high enough? So picky. It absorbed Shell on an Apex Crab while naked, btw. Also absorbed Enstone from a Dark/Earth hybrid elemental in Vagary, again, while naked.

That's good enough for government work. Wiki mentions how some stuff isn't absorbable so maybe it can be a bit funky then cause I know I've used that on big stuff to remove buffs and it didn't work. Also if you have that buff icon already on you then it won't work either, like if you have Nat Med Attack Boost and you attempt to Osmosis Sharp Strike off Selkit then it'll fail to absorb it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-09 01:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So getting back to the thing I was talking about HERE I noticed something strage again on Kin which I fought yesterday.

Landed Nocturne and nothing else.
Stygian Sphere was healing Kin but not removing nocturne
I wondered why, I said to myself that wasn't possible, that a packet got lost or something and I had to reapply Nocturne again.
But nope, I couldn't land Nocturne again not because resisted, but because the effect was already present on Kin.

Is this normal behaviour for all Caturi? There's something strange going on here.
I had to reapply Nocturne only once In the >10 mins that took us to kill Kin.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-02-09 01:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe it's like Exuviation where it can't remove songs, only regular debuffs? Songs have a few cases where they're treated differently like that.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-09 01:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe it's like Exuviation where it can't remove songs, only regular debuffs?
Not at all.
It removes pretty much everything. I assume there might be some exception but songs are not one of those.
When I used to spam debuffs he used Stygian Sphere pretty often, and each time it removed all my songs at once.

As I wrote in my previous post I noticed that he seemed to use Stygian Sphere much less often if I reduced the number of debuffs on him, whereas Stygian Sphere was much more frequent if he has a plethora of debuffs.
I think this is likely intended to be, it reminds me of Thinker and other monsters with similar AI behaviours.

Still, other people (Lenus) claimed that this is just a coincidence, and he might be very well right, I don't know. I came in wanting to share this experience of mine, not claiming that it was the absolute truth.

Yesterday though I noticed this strange thing where Stygian Sphere for whatever reason wasn't removing Nocturne when it was the only debuff present.
Either Kin bugged out yesterday, or there's something fishy going on.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-02-09 01:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My group doesn't do anything but put Dia on him and he still does Sphere pretty often so I'm tempted to say they're not related.

If you've seen songs get taken off before I dunno then, sounds buggy, lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-09 02:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
My group doesn't do anything but put Dia on him and he still does Sphere pretty often so I'm tempted to say they're not related.
I dunno, without solid numbers we're bound to our own experiences/bias.
But I noticed similar situation with Thinker for instance. Putting a lot of debuffs on him doesn't save you from Pain Sync 100%, but it undoubtely indirectly reduces the frequency of it by making Winds of Promyvion more favoured (i.e. more frequent).

I think it's the same situation with Stygian Sphere maybe? He can still use it, maybe even with no debuffs up at all, but it's quite evident to me that it has somehow a higher priority in Caturi's AI if there are lotsa of debuffs, compared to when there's no debuff at all.

Quote:
If you've seen songs get taken off before I dunno then, sounds buggy, lol.
I already have multiple +3 pieces, missed a few Omen days here and there but been spamming the content pretty much, it's kinda the same with every Caturi. I don't even bother with songs normally because they hardly make a difference and because they get dispelled so often by Stygian Sphere.
On Kin though Nocturne is quite useful because it slows down his spellcasting hence giving your DD more time to deal solid damage.

This thing of Stygian Sphere not removing Nocturne when it was the only debuff is new, never seen it before but I can't rule out it happened and I just didn't notice.
I dunno, might as well been a random bug or something, I'll keep my eyes open for next Omen run :x
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-09 07:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's quite common for enemy AI to favor self erasing moves when there are three or more debuffs present. All it does is raise the probability it uses sphere instead of say invocation or claw.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-09 10:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
It's quite common for enemy AI to favor self erasing moves when there are three or more debuffs present. All it does is raise the probability it uses sphere instead of say invocation or claw.
Exactely what I wanted to say, excellent synthesis! XD
 Sylph.Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-02-09 12:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I did have a question for you guys. Whenever I'd play DRK on the Mega Bosses, Absorb-TP would have no effect despite Drain and Aspir working fine (Along with all over absorb spells including Attri). Note that it says no effect rather than resisting. Soul Enslavement works just fine though, so I was wondering if people had insight on that.

I don't recall this actually ever happening on other bosses before so I was curious if there was a mechanic with Absorb-TP I was unaware of.
 Siren.Dilandu
Server: Siren
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-10 01:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did the non NM path with my 2 mules. End up getting 4 cards each. On second floor there is a option to go into the tiny light which will skip the sub bosses and take you to floor 4.

Floor 4 has more monsters than the normal path. Encountered a group of lizards, pixie, ladybug, mandragora, rabbit, and porxie. I had to kill all and had 1 minute left after clearing.
By geigei 2017-02-10 02:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dilandu said: »
I just did the non NM path with my 2 mules. End up getting 4 cards each. On second floor there is a option to go into the tiny light which will skip the sub bosses and take you to floor 4.

Floor 4 has more monsters than the normal path. Encountered a group of lizards, pixie, ladybug, mandragora, rabbit, and porxie. I had to kill all and had 1 minute left after clearing.
There is no main boss at 5th?
 Siren.Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-10 02:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Siren.Dilandu said: »

There is no main boss at 5th?

No boss, you just exit after going into the portal on the 4th floor.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-02-10 03:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I took 2700 damage from pain sync after dealing 5-6k damage so we still gotta play it safe boys. At least he uses it way less often now so its better.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-10 03:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So the new path is just three floors, with a last floor containing a larger number of monsters?
 Siren.Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-10 03:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So the new path is just three floors, with a last floor containing a larger number of monsters?

Yes, 6 groups with one transcended mob each on floor 4. My DRK mule has 1099 acc and seems to hit good on everything but the Transcended Ladybug. SAM mule had capped acc on everything with 1180+ acc.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-10 03:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You said you walked out with 4 cards. How many objectives did you complete of the, I assume, 11 you had available?
 Siren.Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2017-02-10 03:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
You said you walked out with 4 cards. How many objectives did you complete of the, I assume, 11 you had available?

I completed 2/3 on floors 1 and 2. Floor 4, I completed 3 or 4 out of 6 objectives.

Also I did a run before going today and only completed 4 objectives not getting a card.

When I go with my main group before the update. No matter how many objectives we have completed, we only got 2-3 cards for a full clear.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 61 62 63