Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-07 08:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure we'll be able to pick floor 3 boss.
I read it more as in we'll be able to choose between boss (random) and no boss.
But sure, if they want to allow us to pick floor3 boss I won't complain!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-07 09:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What other way would you be able to interpret this:

Quote:
Players will be able to select which route they would like to take to the third area

Select what route? Floors 1/2 are exactly the same in every single run. Unless they are adding different objectives to each floor that are now selectable, there's nothing to choose. The only selection would come at floor 3, which would be picking your Megaboss. The note about not having a middle boss is included afterwards.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-07 09:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Quote:
Players will be able to select which route they would like to take to the third area

Select what route? Floors 1/2 are exactly the same in every single run. Unless they are adding different objectives to each floor that are now selectable, there's nothing to choose. The only selection would come at floor 3, which would be picking your Megaboss. The note about not having a middle boss is included afterwards.

Which route as in:

Route 1) Midboss enabled
Route 2) Midboss disabled

That doesn't seem even a little bit ambiguous to me I don't know why there is confusion.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-07 09:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

has there been any movement on the Omens thing during the run

I did notice the time we got 3 treasure box we got a different message

You sense 666 omens from your foes!

Normal message reads

There are
*** omens from your foes!

I grepped my logs and anytime we got the 666 it matched up with 3 treasure boxes, but then there were times we got treasure room without 666

our token JP said this (Starbuckscoffee) funboxArea get666
so I assume this 666 is known
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-07 09:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »

Quote:

Which route as in:

Route 1) Midboss enabled

That doesn't seem even a little bit ambiguous to me I don't know why there is confusion.

I'd agree with you, but in the official notes, the description lists the path AND the option for boss/no boss separately:

Quote:

We’ve also got some adjustments coming to omen. Players will be able to select which route they would like to take to the third area, including routes that do not have minibosses

Why not just say "we are adding the option to either have a middle boss or not"?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-07 10:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI Patch Notes: Where clarity goes to die
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-02-07 10:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if some ppl report this but last time we do Thinker, i find something about a way to force the NM to use wind of promy instead of spaming Pain sync.
In fact each time he use wind of promy if i reapply the buff dispelled asap, we had no pain synth.

If someone can confirme ^^
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-02-07 10:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Don't know if some ppl report this but last time we do Thinker, i find something about a way to force the NM to use wind of promy instead of spaming Pain sync.
In fact each time he use wind of promy if i reapply the buff dispelled asap, we had no pain synth.

If someone can confirme ^^

Spamming Impact or other debuffs does help the Thinker 'favor' using Winds of Promyvion, but sometimes it's just random and it will do Pain Sync anyway.

We just keep Impact on (from Fenrir) all the time regardless so that we have the best possible chances of having less PS's.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-07 10:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tank with locked 18%can run away from Pain Sync as well
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-02-07 10:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been reading that, but I'm going to just start doing it now. No point in getting hit.

So what's the rundown: lock carmine legs, keep target lock off, stand at max melee distance, when he requires pain since, turn and run?
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-02-07 10:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »

Quote:

Which route as in:

Route 1) Midboss enabled

I'd agree with you, but in the official notes, the description lists the path AND the option for boss/no boss separately:

Quote:

We’ve also got some adjustments coming to omen. Players will be able to select which route they would like to take to the third area, including routes that do not have minibosses

Why not just say "we are adding the option to either have a middle boss or not"?
Because the person who posts translated notes isn't a skilled writer? They don't list the option for boss/no boss separately, anyway, due to them using including.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-07 11:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been reading that, but I'm going to just start doing it now. No point in getting hit.

So what's the rundown: lock carmine legs, keep target lock off, stand at max melee distance, when he requires pain since, turn and run?
he hugs you pretty close unlike the megaboss's so you cant really stand at max melee distance, but as long as your not in the middle a JA or something you can easily get 20+, the really is no excuse for backline/mages to get hit if a tank can get away being right on it
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-08 01:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this is a known Caturae mechanic, and I'm not even sure if it's just a coincidence or real, but I'm gonna share it regardless and see if other people noticed this finding too.

Know how Caturae use that move that heals them and remove all their debuffs at once?
I noticed that if you keep the number of debuffs low (like 1-3 max) they are much less unlikely to use that move and, hence, remove the debuffs you placed.

On some mobs with me on BRD it's sometimes a pain to stick songs, like Nocturne on Kin. Without Focus/Languor/PearCrepe it takes me a while to stick it, so it was very annoying to see it removed a few seconds after applying it.
Noticed that if I only use Nocturne and Dia2 the erasega move will be quite rare, whereas if I stick all sort of debuffs, he will be use the move very often.

Anybody else noticed this? It might be a meant-to-be mechanic built into their AI, kinda reminded me of Thinker.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-02-08 01:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They still used it often when I would apply only dia 2 and nocturne.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-08 02:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure other people in your party weren't applying other debuffs? WSs that apply debuffs, frazzle, distract, other stuff?

I mean, I can't claim what I said isn't just a coincidence, if anything I was looking for more input to see if it was or not, but at the same time I can't deny over the last 2+ weeks of runs it has been working pretty nice for us, quite noticeable on Kin where it's useful to keep Nocturne up and it's a pain to stick it without food/buffs/cooldows
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-02-08 02:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, cause I'm the only one applying debuffs on it as I play both geo and brd. Also you shouldn't have issues landing stuff on Kin as his magic evasion drops while he's casting a spell, if I remember correctly cause I haven't been playing for a few weeks now. :P
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-08 02:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, Nocturne alone gives me troubles to land, it always takes me a lot of attempts if I don't have food, buffs or cooldowns up.
My debuff gear not BiS but pretty close to that.
By Verda 2017-02-08 05:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They've always been vague when they talk about adding new things, which from SE's perspective is smart because it gives them room to change details without nerd rage from the playerbase if they do. It also leaves a bit of mystery which keeps people curious and thinking about it which is good for them too. Details often change in development so idk why you think they should give you all of them. They can also gauge playerbase reactions when vague and mine them for ideas based on what they wish or expect. Idk I just thought it was accepted that's how smart game companies work.

As usual it's wait and see they've never given full details before a patch is actually released that I can remember, and they'd probably face PR hardships if they did for reasons stated above.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-08 06:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
They've always been vague when they talk about adding new things, which from SE's perspective is smart because it gives them room to change details without nerd rage from the playerbase if they do. It also leaves a bit of mystery which keeps people curious and thinking about it which is good for them too. Details often change in development so idk why you think they should give you all of them. They can also gauge playerbase reactions when vague and mine them for ideas based on what they wish or expect. Idk I just thought it was accepted that's how smart game companies work.

As usual it's wait and see they've never given full details before a patch is actually released that I can remember, and they'd probably face PR hardships if they did for reasons stated above.
I don't disagree with any of your points being great strategy, but I think your giving SE way to much credit. The company with the most notoriously bad customer support on the planet, would never intentionally do what you mentioned.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-02-08 09:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-08 09:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Got all objectives on 1-2 got red treasure room after miniboss
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-02-08 10:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Got all objectives on 1-2 got red treasure room after miniboss

Unfortunately it seems to be just happenstance. We've been full clearing every floor quite reliably and it doesn't seem to influence chest floor from showing up. So far the only noticeable one is the 666 Omens which seems to just be a roll of a dice.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-02-08 10:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

Ha! So, my group has like 8 or so people. Because of how Omen is designed, some people get left out depending upon who shows up first, etc.

Anyway, we have one person, not naming names here, that when he comes we know he won't be able to hold his weapon skills/damage to save his life. So, when he comes, we do just zerg it. It is messy. It is ugly. But if you go in knowing being careful won't help and just blast it, you can still kill it in time.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-08 10:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think, what you'd do for this is cycle DDs.

Let your trigger happy DD start on the mob first, with mages and other DD all out of Pain sync range. Then when he drops, throw in the next DD and Fight normally and carefully while the tiggerhappy DD waits on weakness.

There might be some enmity issues during the changing of the guard. Just have whichever mage has hate stand in range till teh fresh DD can pull hate.

Probably better DPS to always have one unweak DD than to full wipe or all DD wipe over and over.

Anyway, just a thought for you.
By Ruaumoko 2017-02-08 11:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

After the update and the Pain Sync nerf the absolute safest way to kill the Thinker could potentially be to literally not WS it and just kill it with damage-over-time from melee attacks.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-08 11:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a very funny Thinker situation last night. Was running with very solid THF and DNC as DDs. (Mythic DNC,Aeonic THF) Due to all the multi-attack, we weren't doing well. We actually went smoother weakened where swings were slower. Heh.

Not recommending this...but it was amusing to see it happen in real time.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-08 11:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Had a very funny Thinker situation last night. Was running with very solid THF and DNC as DDs. (Mythic DNC,Aeonic THF) Due to all the multi-attack, we weren't doing well. We actually went smoother weakened where swings were slower. Heh.

Not recommending this...but it was amusing to see it happen in real time.

When I do Thinker on THF I have my COR Tact roll, do not use capped magic haste and only swing during TP moves. It's slower, but safe.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-02-08 12:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
When I do Thinker on THF I have my COR Tact roll, do not use capped magic haste and only swing during TP moves. It's slower, but safe.

Lustratio Meta is finally upon us!
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-02-08 12:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Asura.Avallon said: »

Ha! So, my group has like 8 or so people. Because of how Omen is designed, some people get left out depending upon who shows up first, etc.

Anyway, we have one person, not naming names here, that when he comes we know he won't be able to hold his weapon skills/damage to save his life. So, when he comes, we do just zerg it. It is messy. It is ugly. But if you go in knowing being careful won't help and just blast it, you can still kill it in time.

lol that's an interesting strategy! I've actually never heard of a zerg strat based on the simple fact that the DD's just can't turn to save their lives.

I got a kick out of this because I too know people like that (wont name names of course). :)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-02-08 12:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Migawari work for it?
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 61 62 63