LM-17 Banned Again. Anyone Else?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » LM-17 Banned again. Anyone else?
LM-17 Banned again. Anyone else?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Remora.Eireamhon
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-22 19:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So second time in 2 MONTHS this has happened. First time was LAST month (May) when 90% of FFXI had a so called "credit card charge back" that occured with their account(s). So first time after totally wigging out that something was done illegally with my account, all was fixed and POL apologized. So here's what happened to me last month. Had 2 accounts. 1 mine 1 my soon to be ex-wife's. The accounts were BOTH in my name and paid for by ME so to cancel her account was my right. I used another CC in order to open her old account, current CC a little short on funds, no biggie right? So, got on her account, sold the stuff on both main & mule then closed it. All legal sales in Bazaar or AH in less then 14 days, maybe even 10. That card must have charged them back. So I got back into my first "banned" account again after POL screwed up and removed other card, charged everything onto the new card and away I went. Got charged for June, no issues then...BAM! Oh guess what your BANNED AGAIN! WTF!? -.- Wait on hold for POL to find out that Oh sorry guy, we're now going to INVESTIGATE you cause of this issue! AGAIN, WTF?! So charges go through fine for June & now I'm banned. No WONDER SE is telling POL to go suck a bag of DI*KS!
[+]
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-06-22 19:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

thats marriage for you
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-22 19:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah happened to a ls buddy of mine too

SE iz made of the gay
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-22 20:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Happened to my friend today too again, for same reason as last month.
 Ifrit.Arawn
Server: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2009-06-22 20:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So I take it you took your Ex-wife's account away from her? More than likely she reported it as stolen and had Playonline investigate you? Other than that; Yes, Playonline is a horrible business platform with horrible practices that often leave people stuck in payment methods and missing out on service. Joy.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Lovehatehero
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Lovehatehero 2009-06-22 20:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

same ***again as well. Happened last month as well to same char. Called them up all they said was that it is an automated process which screws up and bans people it shouldnt from time to time. Told me 2-3 days. Meh that's se for ya.
[+]
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-06-22 20:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine had the same thing, banned and couldn't get his account back. Seems very strange that all these are happening suddenly...

I was double charged for last month. :| 13 dollars for main, 13 dollars for a mule, and 2 dollars for my other mule.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-06-22 20:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the new banhammer! SE is now banning for using PL's or asking for help!!!!!!!!!
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-22 21:06:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

POL's service rating gets an F- in my books.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 07:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL. You would thnk that was the case but no she did not report me. She was aweful at the game and doesn't even have a 360 or PC OR the game anymore to play it. And remember, the account is in my name so with out any of the info such as first 4 and last 4 of the Credit card or the current account info, she can't say ***! MUHAHAHAHA.
[+]
 Remora.Geesus
user: Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-23 07:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if SE has anything to say about this crap. Guess the thing we can all be happy about is no POL for FFXIV. Such bs.
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-06-23 07:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I was again and this time they said it was somthing diffrent even though its said (LM-17) just like last time and they wanted allllll the info including registration codes and date registerd o.O which I dont have anymore being its been like six years since I started <,<, and They said they "Might" be able to help without. Hoping it was just that person i talked to and going to try again later see if they just ask for credit card 8 numbers and ID again if not I guess illl see what happens and possibly goodbye to my Maat Cap and Kraken Club >.>
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 07:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny cause Geesus brought up good point to me off post that, this maybe a dirty handed way that POL is getting back at SE for leaving them off the table for the new FFXIV. I'll be super pissed as tbh, this will be my first 75 job. I don't get to play much so time I put in is hard work and not easy. /sigh IDK, guess those of us that have to wait will just have to cross our fingers.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 07:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SEI POL Bethany: Thank you for your patience Shawn. You are wanting to know why the account has been banned, am I correct?

Shawn Duffy: Yes. Guessing Credit Card Charge back again though not sure why as I removed other CC that was on account. Please tell me why this happened again?

SEI POL Bethany: For security reasons, we are unable to address your account issues without first verifying your identification. Please respond with the following information:

SEI POL Bethany: PlayOnline ID
Current Credit Card information, first 4 and last 4 digits only.

Shawn Duffy: sure (important secure info left out of course) lol ;)

SEI POL Bethany: A credit card that was on the account at one point had disputed our charges and requested a chargeback. We have banned the account for this reason. In this case, I will have to submit a ban complaint so our investigation team can look into the issue and we will contact you if the ban can be reversed.

SEI POL Bethany: What is your Phone Number and email address?

Shawn Duffy: so I will NOT be able to get back into my account till when? And why did I get charged for june and now all of a sudden I can't play?

SEI POL Bethany: There has been fraudulent activity in the past with the account and we need to investigate it further.

SEI POL Bethany: We have been told it can take 48 hours to be reversed, but there is no guarantee if they feel that it should remain banned.

Shawn Duffy: Also, the credit card that WAS on the account was removed when this happened to 90% of FFXI players in MAy, so why is this happening again if my CC was charged and nothing was charged back on it?

Shawn Duffy: This makes no sense. The card that was charged for both May and June months is the same card.

SEI POL Bethany: It could have been a previous credit card.

SEI POL Bethany: Unfortunately we can only submit a ban complaint at this time.

Shawn Duffy: So if the account stays banned, who do I place mt grievences with?
Shawn Duffy: my*

SEI POL Bethany: We can give you an address to our Account Manager.

SEI POL Bethany: I have submitted the ban complaint.

SEI POL Bethany: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Shawn?

Shawn Duffy: I understand it could be a previous card, but that card is not on the account was on there actually for a TOTALLY DIFFERENT Character and was removed after THAT account was closed. SInce then and BEFORE THAT POINT in May, the CC that has been on the account is the one currently on the account. Again, I was charged for May and June and now I'm being banned. *shawks head*

Shawn Duffy: Yes I would like the Account Manager's address please in the email that you all send with a copy of this chat please.

SEI POL Bethany: I cannot email you the chat.
SEI POL Bethany: William Bisby
SEI POL Bethany: 999 N Sepulveda 3rd Floor
SEI POL Bethany: El Segundo, CA 90245

Shawn Duffy: Ok I'll copy paste then.

SEI POL Bethany: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Shawn?

Shawn Duffy: Guess not. Thank you Bethany. /sigh
 Lakshmi.Wardens
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-06-23 07:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent had this problem recently fortunately. So you guys are banned for a few days for some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE reason? ill have to keep an eye out.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 07:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone interested and I'm not sure if you got this info OR EVEN THE CHANCE TO BE TOLD, but this is the person we can contact if we are still screwed after 48 hours. This is the EXACT chat from last night I had. And they CAN email you the chat if you take that survey at the end of it. Which btw I ripped them up as far as the "comments" they asked me to leave about what happened. -.-
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 08:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

@Wardens
Crazy thing is, last month I could see the mistake BUT, they charged me and then charged me for this month, so far so good and then all of a sudden I'm banned again. Not sure but billing is on the first of the month NOT the 20th of the month or 21st or any other freaking day in the month you were already charged for.
 Quetzalcoatl.Irie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Galatea
By Quetzalcoatl.Irie 2009-06-23 08:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
LOL, that's called a "Special F". Where you know you don't know *** (ex. school = material/subject) and don't care to try or even show signs of improvement.

*** SE fails. I haven't encountered this but I feel for all of you =\
 Remora.Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-23 08:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I've gotten lucky with no ban but it is turning out to be a huge issue with like Eire getting banned, very disconcerning/pisses me off. lol
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 08:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Irie said:
Artemicion said:
LOL, that's called a "Special F". Where you know you don't know *** (ex. school = material/subject) and don't care to try or even show signs of improvement.

*** SE fails. I haven't encountered this but I feel for all of you =\

Yea but not actually SE it's POL. Again I think this is why SE is telling POL "Ummm thanks for the offer but, I'll have to pass." LMAO
 Remora.Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-23 08:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We can only hope; although, I'm curious as to what route they will be taking for the new game. Hope customer service is actually of some importance to SE this time, because this is completely useless not to mention a complete waste of time.
 Ramuh.Yasko
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-06-23 09:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is happening to me too. My garden is probably going to die. Oh well. I'm going to send a really nasty letter to mr. bisby. And I'll probably not touch FFXIV at this point.

SE is becoming the lifeless corporation we fight against in all their games.

Lol. *** takes the game out of the game.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 09:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yasko said:
This is happening to me too. My garden is probably going to die. Oh well. I'm going to send a really nasty letter to mr. bisby. And I'll probably not touch FFXIV at this point.

SE is becoming the lifeless corporation we fight against in all their games.

Lol. *** takes the game out of the game.

Yea just sent letter to SE, not nasty but just FYI since they don't handle billing, but to let them know WTF was going on and this seems like retaliation for not letting POL do their billing in FFXIV.
 Shiva.Jernau
Server: Shiva
user: Jernau
By Shiva.Jernau 2009-06-23 10:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

POL == SE.

Playonline is just a (very shitty) launch platform for SE's games and services. They obviously planned to use it for all their products in a way similar to Steam/iTunes/X-Box Live. Fortunately they realised what a stinker it is and axed that plan but unfortunately for us they never unshackled FFXI from it.

Whatever replaces it, the odds are you'll be dealing with the exact same people and processes just a new logo.
[+]
 Remora.Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-23 10:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that might very well be the case, but if they don't change something not sure how many people will stick around. It's only getting worse and worse, I know people who have already quit (not banned) because of how crappy POL is. It's a shitty situation thats only progressivly getting worse.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 10:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. FFXI has it's own issues with playability, some of which has been fixed. I think imho that we have been looking forward to a new system with alot revamped but if the billing system whether under "new management" or not is the same; I really think this new game will fail.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-06-23 10:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Strey said:
I was again and this time they said it was somthing diffrent even though its said (LM-17) just like last time and they wanted allllll the info including registration codes and date registerd o.O which I dont have anymore being its been like six years since I started <,<, and They said they "Might" be able to help without. Hoping it was just that person i talked to and going to try again later see if they just ask for credit card 8 numbers and ID again if not I guess illl see what happens and possibly goodbye to my Maat Cap and Kraken Club >.>

Well that's too bad but one thing you have to note: " You can't have it forever or take it with you when you die"
 Remora.Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-23 10:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
Strey said:

Well that's too bad but one thing you have to note: " You can't have it forever or take it with you when you die"

You're right don't think anyone would disagree, but not being allowed to quit on your own or have any kind of say as to when you're done is really crappy, especially when it's not even something along the lines of breaking the rules.
[+]
 Ramuh.Yasko
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-06-23 10:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

But having something that is already developed and receiving ***tons of money for, just to lock those who have been paying for years due to some unnamed discrepancy, with no refunding or recompense is like guarding a tootsie roll with $3mil in lasers.

This business strategy of theirs is outright offensive. I hope they fall hard, and quick, so that something fresh and pure can rise out of the ashes. While I'm still alive. =P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Strey
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-06-23 10:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they are doing this so everyone will say screw FFXI and go to the new one >.>
and to the (Well that's too bad but one thing you have to note: " You can't have it forever or take it with you when you die") true but im not dead yet and still stuff i wanted to do before I quit. And also I am a co-leader of a linkshell kinda bad to just dissapear, but I guessed some things cant be helped and forced to play boring WoW till somthing is either fixed or new comes out I like.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7