LM-17 Banned Again. Anyone Else?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » LM-17 Banned again. Anyone else?
LM-17 Banned again. Anyone else?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Odin.Mugeded
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-08 14:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

compesation? this is SE we are talking here. that is not even a word to them. you be lucky if you even get anything back from them.... XD
 Bahamut.Citag
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-08 14:52:42
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'm worried, I had a gardening mule for awhile, havnt used it lately, I'll have to log in and see if i have any problems. Hopefully not. THere is a lot of my gear there as well ><
 Odin.Mugeded
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-08 15:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phyrefly said:
I would rather they just left the rmt alone if it means banning innocent players.

i have to somewhat agree what Phyrefly is saying. SE couldnt even tell from real player to RMTs. they should just let the players do whatever they want with their money i mean its their money, for me i wouldnt want to pay for something more than i have to on a piece of a file that is going to be deleted 3-5 years from now. i would just concentrated on people using Hacks, fishing bots, and duping items...
[+]
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-08 15:13:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Its just a ploy to get us to hate XI to switch to XIV. I'm pretty sure thats what apple did with the new iPhone, download the latest OS on the previous generation and now your phone runs hella slow. They just want you to think its time for a replacement.
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-08 15:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad, this strategy would only make us doubt FFXIV STF. Seriously, if I could use a control pad for the other online games, I wouldn't play this anymore.

Cause who knows, FFXIV maybe you'll get banned for trying to make a decent living in the game as well.

Looks like SE needs to hire a new STF.
 Odin.Mugeded
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-08 15:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

from what i heard that its not the SE doing the banning business. its actually the POL that is have their little minions of doom (GM) doing their bidding. but the rumor is that SE is getting rid of POL by the time ffiv comes out... then again i might be wrong.

if they keep up with this SE will loose alot of their customers to blizzard, EQ, city of heroes, etc, etc, etc
[+]
 Shiva.Ragnell
Server: Shiva
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-07-08 16:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE gets rid of POL, Im sure that alone would bring people back to having some kind hope in that company
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-07-08 16:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mugeded said:
Phyrefly said:
I would rather they just left the rmt alone if it means banning innocent players.

i have to somewhat agree what Phyrefly is saying. SE couldnt even tell from real player to RMTs. they should just let the players do whatever they want with their money i mean its their money, for me i wouldnt want to pay for something more than i have to on a piece of a file that is going to be deleted 3-5 years from now. i would just concentrated on people using Hacks, fishing bots, and duping items...

Yes but then people buy gil in game prices means nothing to them. If they're willing to pay 2x,3x,4x the price then next time you want that item guess what the price is going to be. Inflation would get out of control and legit players will be the ones suffering. Who wants to spend 5 months farming cause some lazy *** got ahold of his parents credit card?
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 16:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Zangada said:
Yes but then people buy gil in game prices means nothing to them. If they're willing to pay 2x,3x,4x the price then next time you want that item guess what the price is going to be. Inflation would get out of control and legit players will be the ones suffering. Who wants to spend 5 months farming cause some lazy *** got ahold of his parents credit card?

Yeah, I know a lot of people loved the mega inflation of years past, but I didn't...it was a real *** trying to get started back then. Granted, the amount of new players is dwindling these days, but still...
[+]
 Shiva.Ragnell
Server: Shiva
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-07-08 16:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

back then almost everything was in the millions
 Asura.Shua
Server: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 17:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Should we blame google ._.?
I mean even now as we speak, they advertise what we are even talking about XD

User submitted image
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 17:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnell said:

Yeah really..."Oh look, I hit 57...better save up that 5+ million for a Scorpion Harness"

Gimme a break LOL

And Shua: I love the fact that you captured my avi right at the perfect moment for that pic, too LMAO
[+]
 Odin.Mugeded
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-08 17:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i remember the old days where Ebow was like 45milliong gil, leaping boots 6million gil, KO 35milliong. LOL

those were the days..
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-08 17:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ragnell said:

Yeah really..."Oh look, I hit 57...better save up that 5+ million for a Scorpion Harness"

Gimme a break LOL

And Shua: I love the fact that you captured my avi right at the perfect moment for that pic, too LMAO

haha i had to look twice but indeed. PERFECT.
 Gilgamesh.Voch
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Voch
By Gilgamesh.Voch 2009-07-08 19:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got off of chat with them for 2nd time; sounds like could be at least 2 weeks from what I was told =(
 Gilgamesh.Voch
By Gilgamesh.Voch 2009-07-08 20:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sent an email to SquareEnix Support, cause apparently my email was too long for the support people at POL lol =(
Sent it to na.support@square-enix.com

First off, I will give a bit of information about how I play FFXI: I have been playing since roughly the PS2 launch of FFXI, I have endured a lot of challenging obstacles over the years, but none so great as the one before me now. I have been running 2 accounts now for quite a few years. Initially, it was due to starting up mule characters to store all of my extra gear and items (I am a HUGE Pack Rat); this later developed into a massive gardening that I started doing when I realized the potential so many characters had at making my gil. I started my second account, initially as a means to store and retrieve my gear, without having to log off from my main. I then ended up gradually spanning into my new-found profitable venture. Up until this last week, all was fine; then, the other night I went to log in to my alternate account to retrieve my recently harvested Fire Ore to sell on my main character, and to my dismay, I got a ban message instead! I had to wait until the following day to try to contact anyone as it was after the "hours of operation" for the support crew. After waiting for just over an hour and twenty minutes on the online chat, my session was ended shortly after being connected with someone without a word having been spoken! So, I ended up having to open a new chat window and go to the "back of the line."
Over another hour later, I finally have someone talking to me. Long story short, I was informed that my alternate was banned do to an investigation that found it to be a RMT account. As I know this to be false, I have been trying everything in my power to get it reactivated. Unfortunately, the only people I seem to be able to contact have to suffer and endure endless amounts of players contacting and badgering them all day long in a futile attempt at getting any answers, any idea how long things will take, and all around fruitless effort at doing anything productive in getting themselves unbanned! I honestly feel bad for these support people, as they have to constantly deal with upset people all day long, providing little to no help due to the fact that they themselves have been given absolutely nothing to go on. And if you ask if there is anything else you can do or anyone that you can speak to that can give you answers, you are told that there isn't! Why is that? Honestly, this is really poor customer service! It must be nice for those that are banning innocent players to be able to "hide" behind these courageous people, and not have to answer for their actions. On the same note, why is there absolutely no way for a player to explain or defend themselves to the STF? You seriously mean to tell me that the fate of my accounts rests in the hands of someone that I have no way to talking to?
Why even make these support people suffer if you have no intentions in helping your players in a swift and fair manner?
I also contacted support today asking if there was anything I could do to possbily stop my main account from being banned as it will most likely be in the near future. I was told they could not help me and to seek help from a GM. So, I contacted a GM, they redirected me back to the online support on the PlayOnline site. Hmmm, seems to me to be perpetual circle, no way to really get any help. I am submitting this to you in hopes that you people realize that you need to alter the way you are doing things; you are not handling some of your banning procedures in a fair and professional manner. I am all for getting rid of the RMT, and the people botting, cheating, hacking, and running applications that give them an edge, as if these were intended to be part of the game, they would be implemented into the game. But if you can "thoroughly investigate" players and find honest, innocent players to be mistaken for RMT, you're not doing a very good job at investigating! Which leads me to my next point: when a banning mistake is made, why must a player go through hell and such a long wait to get a banning reversed? If you screwed up, I would think that you would be considerably more understanding and helpful to your customers. As is, I stand to lose all the plants on my alternate account that I cannot log in to; do you think that I would receive any compensation for your mistake? No. Many players are very upset right now with the way you are handling some of your procedures, and they should be! You do realize that if you give horrible customer service and ban players mistakenly, you lose their trust. They feel betrayed; they have chosen to play YOUR game! Give them a reason to! If not, people will quit and move on to other games. I for one am now paranoid about whether or not I will even be able to successfully login each time I try. And if I don't get my alternate account back, I have already warned in-game friends and LSs that I will quit. If you do not start straightening up your act, you will lose me as a customer! And not just for XI, I will no longer buy and play XIV as I had intended, and I will no longer buy and play other titles that you produce, online or otherwise. The choices you make will impact how your customers view your company as a whole, so get your act together or start losing customers, the choice is yours.
[+]
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-08 20:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nicely put, I too will email them. This is by far the most ridiculous thing I have come across.
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 22:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ragnell said:

Gimme a break LOL

haha i had to look twice but indeed. PERFECT.

lol thank you thank you xD

But really.
Yeah i remember back when SH and even a normal Hauby were like luxurious items of the trade.
Sometimes i do miss it, and then i wake up and notice my hand is placed on my face as im looking down.
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-07-08 23:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't understand how they have something that automatically detects whatever it is they think they're detecting on gardening mules, but they don't have something that automatically detects claim bots, warp bots, exp bots, fishing bots, bot bots, etc etc...
 Valefor.Guardianforce
Server: Valefor
user: vega21
By Valefor.Guardianforce 2009-07-09 08:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea my friend got hit with a LM-17 message too in late May. Then he got it unbanned in early June and then got hit with another LM-17 message days later. He's called POL several times to get answers to why he got his account banned and is still trying to get answers. Seems POL has been avoiding answers as to why. Also my friend told me that he has gotten different excuses at times on the phone with POL.
 Bahamut.Jarrend
user: Jarrend
By Bahamut.Jarrend 2009-07-09 16:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

First, Pet Food Alpha, and now featured on The Escapist:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93041-Square-Enix-Bans-Players-for-Gardening-in-FFXI

Starting to raise a bit of publicity here folks; keep it up!
 Asura.Skinwalker
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-10 13:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people have had their accounts reinstated today. Anyone here get lucky? I'm wondering if it's safe to NPC the stuff on my mules so I can shut them down.
 Gilgamesh.Voch
By Gilgamesh.Voch 2009-07-10 20:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I got mine back today, just now got it reactivated. My dad ended up in the hospital today due to heart problems; it it's now one thing, it's another /cry
 Asura.Skinwalker
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-10 20:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry to hear that, hope he gets better soon
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-10 21:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm alive!!!!!!!
 Caitsith.Amonk
user: Amonk
By Caitsith.Amonk 2009-07-10 23:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you back online Xiong? What is going on!?!?
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-10 23:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

crazzyyy
wow, im glad yall bac!
 Caitsith.Cyana
user: Cyana
By Caitsith.Cyana 2009-07-10 23:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya Amonky he is back! WHOOOO FINALLY NO MORE HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE RDMS IN MY PT! \(>.<)/
 Valefor.Guardianforce
Server: Valefor
user: vega21
By Valefor.Guardianforce 2009-07-11 11:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Where you banned a 2nd time and got it un banned?
 Asura.Miori
user: Miori
By Asura.Miori 2009-07-11 11:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm back too!!! Got LM-17'd on the 5th and got my account back yesterday.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7