LM-17 Banned Again. Anyone Else?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » LM-17 Banned again. Anyone else?
LM-17 Banned again. Anyone else?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Garuda.Fullen
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-06-29 14:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Logged in my mule to...
User submitted image

Cannot be reversed under any circumstances wtf?
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-06-29 15:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

dont worry, that is what everyone is getting. I got the same thing, and the did un-ban me, however they are having a new problem with their re-activation server, so it can still take probably hours or days to get an un-banned account back, im assuming....
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-06-29 15:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

its such a scary message
 Sylph.Atriant
Server: Sylph
user: Atriant
By Sylph.Atriant 2009-06-29 17:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So....I am back...but not for my account this time. I was unbanned Thursday.

Today my wife logged on to her account to find that weak *** LM-17 perma ban message.... I am assuming it's because she is currently using a credit card of mine that i had been using in the past. So I called them....for the 10th time in a week.. only for them to inform me they didn't know wtf was going on with their own system!!!!!!!!!!! They tell me to call back tomorrow!!!!!

GDI POL get your *** head out of your *** and do something right FFS.
Retards can't even get their ban messages right. <^> SE.
 Fairy.Poof
Server: Fairy
user: Gaea
By Fairy.Poof 2009-06-29 17:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My girlfriend got this. They fixed it though. But it scared the ***out of us both cause she's been with me the whole time and neither of us did anything wrong! I thought I was gonna be next. In her case, it was um, she had to update her billing phone number.
 Sylph.Megumii
Server: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-06-29 17:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This happened to a guy I know in my LS. He said he was on the phone to them for 4 hours but he finally got it resolved so just keep at them and it'll get sorted :)
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-06-29 17:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabeth: do you think this could be hours, or more days? lol
Elizabeth: or not sure?
SEI POL Edgar A.: Actually since this is a new issue I would say day's.
SEI POL Edgar A.: But from all the info we are provided it seems that it shouldn't take that long at all.

In regards to the re-activation error. Waiting for my email, dont worry guys they will get it sorted. Luckily, I have a second working account to play on while I wait XD
 Cerberus.Cloudpyro
Server: Cerberus
user: Cloudpyro
By Cerberus.Cloudpyro 2009-07-02 02:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Last month my alt was banned, I called gave the ID and and first/last 4 digits of CC and they reactivated on the spot.

Almost two weeks ago I was hit with the second ban movement. This time I called, gave the info and they told me they'd file a ban complaint and I'd hear back via phone or email within two days. Its been 3 business days (not Saturday, but due to the amount of people I've seen that got hit, I'm not surprised.

The most odd of them all though, Monday June 29th my uncle woke up to his account being banned. Since I have his account on my card, I called up SE, for a 3rd time in the two months. What I got as an answer after giving the info though intrigued me. The guy I talked to, was the same guy I had talked to a week earlier (Jared, Nice guy.) What he told me was, they had to have a copy of a photo Id with the name matching that of the name on the account, the ID of the character and the first/last 4 digits of the cc, and to fax it to them. He then told me the second wave of bannings was the hardest to get around, but did not make it clear as to why.

Now I have two questions:

How long has everyone been waiting for email?

Has anyone else had to fax a photo Id in?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-07-02 03:15:29
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Long story short: POL is king of ***-ups. Thank goodness SE is dropping them like a rock for FFXIV.
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-07-02 03:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I never did get my email.. period.. I just tried again and it worked >.> lol.
 Kujata.Beryle
Server: Kujata
user: beryle
By Kujata.Beryle 2009-07-06 19:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There won't be any email, don't waste your time waiting. The UCS error is because some require payment information updates, and you're basically spamming the server, every time you click to confirm, and that resets the half-hour waiting period. Both of these things happened to my bf, but at separate times. Don't keep trying to update your info, you will have to wait, unfortunately. Also, there was registration server maintenance, and I think it was extended, so that could also cause the UCS error.
 Gilgamesh.Voch
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Voch
By Gilgamesh.Voch 2009-07-06 21:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I just got hit on my alternate account which houses alot of mules as well as most of my gear and items, as well as Gardening that I do on all my characters >.<
I waited like an hour and twenty minutes for someone on the online chat, and all I got was this:

Wait one moment while you are being connected. To better assist you, please have the following information ready:
PlayOnline ID,
Full name on the account,
Date of birth,
PlayOnline registration code,
First 4 and last 4 digits of the CC.
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
We are currently experiencing a high chat volume. If you are calling regarding an LM error, please have your PlayOnline ID and first 4 and last 4 numbers of the credit card currently on the account, without it an agent will not be able to assist you.
An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
.....goes on and on forever like this, so I cut most out
You have been connected to SEI POL Kervin.
Thank you for visiting our PlayOnline Chat line. Take care and hope to see you online!
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

so.... after another hour later, finally someone talking to me:

Wait one moment while you are being connected. To better assist you, please have the following information ready:
PlayOnline ID,
Full name on the account,
Date of birth,
PlayOnline registration code,
First 4 and last 4 digits of the CC.
We are currently experiencing a high chat volume. If you are calling regarding an LM error, please have your PlayOnline ID and first 4 and last 4 numbers of the credit card currently on the account, without it an agent will not be able to assist you.

You have been connected to SEI POL Melanie R.
SEI POL Melanie R: Hello, Voch, thank you for contacting the PlayOnline Information Center. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
SEI POL Melanie R: For security reasons, we are unable to address your account issues without first verifying your identification. Please respond with the following information:
SEI POL Melanie R: PlayOnline ID
PlayOnline Registration Code
Current Credit Card information, first 4 and last 4 digits only.
Registered Name
Date of Birth
Complete Home Address (Not email address)
Email Address
Number of Content IDs and the name of the characters
Registration Date
Voch: ID is (removed for obvious reasons)
Voch: not sure which registration code I used for this account, cause I have more than 1
Voch: I think it may have been the one from my PC version though
Voch: Credit Card info is (removed for obvious reasons)
Voch: Name on account is (removed), DOB (removed), (Address removed, no you can't send me stuff! lol)
Voch: email (no sending me email either!)
Voch: this particular account has 16 characters on it, (removing names for security reasons)
Voch: trying to find my PC FFXI box to find registration code
Voch: found it
Voch: PlayOnline Registration Code might have been (obviously removed)
SEI POL Melanie R: We have identified RMT related activities of the account from our investigation.
Therefore the account has been banned at the mass action on 2009/07/06.(JST)
Voch: I run full versions of FFXI on PS2 360 and PC, so hard to remember which I used on this account
Voch: what RMT?
Voch: it is my mule account lol
Voch: I don't do RMT
SEI POL Melanie R: I'm sorry but unfortunately I can't argue the decision either way, after a thorough investigation this is the decision that they've decided to make, and access to the account will not be restored.
Voch: well, I'd rather that it is restored, cause it isn't a RMT account
Voch: Who do I need to take this matter to then?
SEI POL Melanie R: I unfortunately, don't have that power and access to banned accounts isn't restored.
Voch: There has to be a way to get it back, I know accounts that have been mistakenly banned have been restored
SEI POL Melanie R: If you feel the ban was due to a mistake we may escalate your request for further investigation. If anything is found to be incorrect we will take appropriate action. If everything was handled correctly the decision will stand.
SEI POL Melanie R: If we find the ban to be incorrect we will correct it, and then contact you back to inform you of the correction, and we would offer you an apology.
SEI POL Melanie R: If we find the ban to be accurate we will not contact you back, however if you contact us after our investigation you will receive a definitive answer.
SEI POL Melanie R: If you wish to have us investigate this further, I will need the following information from you:
Name:
Phone Number:
POL ID:
Server Name:
Character Name:
Contact email address:
(removed for security reasons)
SEI POL Melanie R: I have submitted that complaint.
SEI POL Melanie R: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Voch?
Voch: I'd like to know if there is anyone else that I can contact in regards to this mistake, I'd like to do more on my part to ensure that all that can be done will be
SEI POL Melanie R: No there is not.
SEI POL Melanie R: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Voch?
Voch: I'm not to happy that an honest player can so easily bannned
Voch: no
SEI POL Melanie R: Thank you for visiting PlayOnline Chat support, Voch! Take care and hope to see you online!
Thank you for visiting our PlayOnline Chat line. Take care and hope to see you online!

I love how they are so cheerful that they have "made my day" at the end >.<
See you online? Really? If I didn't still have my main account, not likely!!!
....Hmmm, depending on how things go, just might quit altogether =(
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-07-06 21:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

tldr

Q: Do you wonder when SE will stop screwing people?

A: The day they receive no payments from anyone 'til then,I feel for all the banned legit players.
 Titan.Joclyn
Server: Titan
user: Joclyn
By Titan.Joclyn 2009-07-06 21:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother in law was banhammered today, same reason as above poster. He gardened. What horse ***I swear. POL is just mad that SE isn't using them as the billing agent in their new game. YA THINK MAYBE ITS BECAUSE YOUR AHOLES?
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-06 22:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like people who garden massively are being banned. I've never done anything RMT related, and was banned just this sunday. On both my accounts. I have full gardening mules, those *** idiots should realize all the gil I made, I spent on myself.

I called in today, and they said RMT activities.... >.> wtf is that?! I try to make gil by gardening a ton, and I get banned for it. Didn't those fools read their own survey? A lot of legit players make gil off of gardening.

If anyone finds any real help, please PM me. I would really appreciate it.
 Gilgamesh.Voch
By Gilgamesh.Voch 2009-07-06 23:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think gardening was the reason for them thinking that it was RMT, but what really hurts is all my excess gear and items were stored on that account.

And I second you Xiong, they claim they did a "thorough investigaton," but if they had, why did my main character not get banned? Wouldn't they see that all the items were being sold by Voch and that is where all the gil was going? And that the gil and items were all being used by my main character? They'd have found no connections to any RMT activity, such as passing gil/items to REAL RMT accounts!

Doesn't sound very thorough to me!

...now I think that maybe my main might be at risk for banning in the next few yet-to-happen rounds of banning, cause, believe it or not, I do a fair amount of gardening on there too >.>
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-06 23:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah Voch, 2/3 of my accounts were banned, and the third one has full set gardening as well. SE really *** up this time.

Has SE even checked my Epeen?! lol...>.> clearly all the gil is going to me.
 Diabolos.Anthaio
Server: Diabolos
user: anthaio
By Diabolos.Anthaio 2009-07-07 11:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the same ban error, right as we seup an awesome merit party with 2 brds - lol. When I contacted pol, I got this:

You have been connected to SEI POL Edgar A..
SEI POL Edgar A.: Hello, Anthony, thank you for contacting the PlayOnline Information Center. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
Anthony A.: ok
SEI POL Edgar A.: In order for me to provide you the information on the ban status I would need to verify the account first.
SEI POL Edgar A.: For security reasons, we are unable to address your account issues without first verifying your identification. Please respond with the following information:
SEI POL Edgar A.: PlayOnline ID
Registered Name
Date of Birth
Email Address
Phone number
Anthony A.: Registration code I don't have handy at the moment, the rest of the info is:
Anthony A.: *****
Anthony A.: ****
Anthony A.: ***
Anthony A.: *** Home
Anthony A.: ** Cell
SEI POL Edgar A.: Anthony, please hold while I look into your issue.
Anthony A.: my charges were declined last billing cycle, however, I took care of it the next day, and I see that you have re-charged only 1/2 of the amount on my debit card currently on file.
SEI POL Edgar A.: Ok.
SEI POL Edgar A.: We have identified RMT related activities of the account from our investigation.
SEI POL Edgar A.: That is from the GM department Investigation notes.
Anthony A.: I have never participated in any type of rmt activity, in fact, we condemn it
SEI POL Edgar A.: That is the only report I see on this account.
SEI POL Edgar A.: The only thing we can do for any banned accounts is to file a ban complaint.
SEI POL Edgar A.: I would require a Current phone number and email if different form what was provided to submit the complaint for you.
Anthony A.: Yes please, I think that after you investigate my account further, you will find I honestly earn my gil, and spend it on myself
Anthony A.: you may use my cell phone
SEI POL Edgar A.: One moment.
Anthony A.: I'm an honest and valued player among many in my group of friends, that actually play the game fairly, and enjoy it.
I have even made gm calls to report people sending me gil buying advertisements, like the ones everyone has been getting flooded with lately, the minute they log in or enter a new area. After a while, I stopped reporting them, and just ignore them altogether, hoping some day, your task force will stop those people sending those
SEI POL Edgar A.: Any more comments you want to add before I submit it?
Anthony A.: well, just the fact that I'm 47, and smart enough to know not to jeapordize all my hard work for something like rmt
SEI POL Edgar A.: You are all set the ban complaint has now been filed.
SEI POL Edgar A.: You will be notified via email once the account is released for a banned status.
Anthony A.: thankyou. Do you know when I will get a response?
SEI POL Edgar A.: But there is no ETA for me to release at the moment.
Anthony A.: understood, thankyou
SEI POL Edgar A.: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Anthony?
Anthony A.: that is all, thankyou for your help
SEI POL Edgar A.: Thank you for visiting PlayOnline Chat support, Anthony! Take care and hope to see you online!

Needless to say, I never participated in any rmt of any kind. Yes, I garden with my mules, and they also hold my different gear for the jobs and level cap gear that I do have. All of the gil from gardening is then sent to me, where I spend it on myself. I don't know where they are getting their information about me being involved in any rmt activities. I invite them to thoroughly investigate my account, they will not find one transaction related to rmt.

If you've been banned by mistake, it is important that you keep on top of things, call them, email, and mail them.

You can also write to
Account Manager
Square Enix, Inc
999 N Sepulveda 3rd Floor
El Segundo, CA 90245

Hope this helps. Currently, I'm still banned. I have a letter going out as well to this address. It's shocking and sad that they treat the honest and fair players this way. I pride myself on the fact that I have always played honestly, and never participated in any activity that would violate terms of service.

This takes all the fun out of the game, especially if you know you've never done anything wrong. Even if they do restore my account and mules fully, I doubt I will return to the game since this I now question their practices.

No good deed goes un-punished!

... Ant.
[+]
 Asura.Miori
Server: Asura
user: Miori
By Asura.Miori 2009-07-07 14:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anthaio said:
I got the same ban error, right as we seup an awesome merit party with 2 brds - lol. When I contacted pol, I got this:

You have been connected to SEI POL Edgar A..
SEI POL Edgar A.: Hello, Anthony, thank you for contacting the PlayOnline Information Center. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.

Anthony A.: ok
SEI POL Edgar A.: In order for me to provide you the information on the ban status I would need to verify the account first.
SEI POL Edgar A.: For security reasons, we are unable to address your account issues without first verifying your identification. Please respond with the following information:
SEI POL Edgar A.: PlayOnline ID
Registered Name
Date of Birth
Email Address
Phone number
Anthony A.: Registration code I don't have handy at the moment, the rest of the info is:
Anthony A.: *****
Anthony A.: ****
Anthony A.: *** Home
Anthony A.: ** Cell
SEI POL Edgar A.: Anthony, please hold while I look into your issue.
Anthony A.: my charges were declined last billing cycle, however, I took care of it the next day, and I see that you have re-charged only 1/2 of the amount on my debit card currently on file.
SEI POL Edgar A.: We have identified RMT related activities of the account from our investigation.
SEI POL Edgar A.: That is from the GM department Investigation notes.
Anthony A.: I have never participated in any type of rmt activity, in fact, we condemn it
SEI POL Edgar A.: That is the only report I see on this account.
SEI POL Edgar A.: The only thing we can do for any banned accounts is to file a ban complaint.
SEI POL Edgar A.: I would require a Current phone number and email if different form what was provided to submit the complaint for you.
Anthony A.: Yes please, I think that after you investigate my account further, you will find I honestly earn my gil, and spend it on myself
Anthony A.: you may use my cell phone
SEI POL Edgar A.: One moment.
Anthony A.: I'm an honest and valued player among many in my group of friends, that actually play the game fairly, and enjoy it.
I have even made gm calls to report people sending me gil buying advertisements, like the ones everyone has been getting flooded with lately, the minute they log in or enter a new area. After a while, I stopped reporting them, and just ignore them altogether, hoping some day, your task force will stop those people sending those
SEI POL Edgar A.: Any more comments you want to add before I submit it?
Anthony A.: well, just the fact that I'm 47, and smart enough to know not to jeapordize all my hard work for something like rmt
SEI POL Edgar A.: You are all set the ban complaint has now been filed.
SEI POL Edgar A.: You will be notified via email once the account is released for a banned status.
Anthony A.: thankyou. Do you know when I will get a response?
SEI POL Edgar A.: But there is no ETA for me to release at the moment.
Anthony A.: understood, thankyou
SEI POL Edgar A.: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Anthony?
Anthony A.: that is all, thankyou for your help
SEI POL Edgar A.: Thank you for visiting PlayOnline Chat support, Anthony! Take care and hope to see you online!

Needless to say, I never participated in any rmt of any kind. Yes, I garden with my mules, and they also hold my different gear for the jobs and level cap gear that I do have. All of the gil from gardening is then sent to me, where I spend it on myself. I don't know where they are getting their information about me being involved in any rmt activities. I invite them to thoroughly investigate my account, they will not find one transaction related to rmt.

If you've been banned by mistake, it is important that you keep on top of things, call them, email, and mail them.

You can also write to
Account Manager
Square Enix, Inc
999 N Sepulveda 3rd Floor
El Segundo, CA 90245

Hope this helps. Currently, I'm still banned. I have a letter going out as well to this address. It's shocking and sad that they treat the honest and fair players this way. I pride myself on the fact that I have always played honestly, and never participated in any activity that would violate terms of service.

This takes all the fun out of the game, especially if you know you've never done anything wrong. Even if they do restore my account and mules fully, I doubt I will return to the game since this I now question their practices.

... Ant.

This is exactly what happened to me. My account has 15 mules that my husband uses to garden with. He also has 15 mules on his account that he gardens with. All the gil generated from the gardening is used to fund his gjallerhorn. I was LM-17'd on Sunday night but his account is ok so far. When I contacted SE, they told me I was banned for RMT which is total nonsense. My husband then called them and they had HIS account flagged in relation to my account but he has not yet been banned. We explained that we are husband and wife and do not support or engage in RMT. Beware if you have gardening mules... you may be next.
 Caitsith.Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-07-07 16:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think, I as well may quit, even if my account is restored. I was so looking forward to Apoc too. We'll see how things go, but I'm highly doubtful of playing FF XIV, that is looking like 99% NO/1% yes.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-07-07 18:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope SE SOMEDAY releases some sort of information regarding WTF is happening here.... I haven't been affected nor do I know anyone affected, but this thread is worrying me. :( Sorry guys, hope things work out for you all.
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-07-07 20:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, SE is going nuts! I don't even dare garden now and I only used 5 characters for it. This is ridiculous. They're taking away every way we have to make gil...it's like they want us to buy it. They need to calm down with this banning crap...it's seriously getting out of hand.
 Gilgamesh.Voch
By Gilgamesh.Voch 2009-07-07 20:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anthaio said:
Even if they do restore my account and mules fully, I doubt I will return to the game since this I now question their practices.

I feel the same way right now; I am extremely pissed while disheartened; I don't even feel like playing right now, what would be the point? With that ban, I have lost most of my gear and items, as well as over half of my main source of income!
I too now question their thoroughness in their investigations, as well as wonder about their competence.

In short, I feel betrayed as a loyal SE fan, and they have lost a large amount of my trust. =(
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-07-07 20:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I would rather they just left the rmt alone if it means banning innocent players.
[+]
 Titan.Joclyn
Server: Titan
user: Joclyn
By Titan.Joclyn 2009-07-08 11:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

From reading the forums pretty much everywhere else the banhammers stemmed from this.

Any character who gardened on an alternate character (who is level 1) and sent the items or gil from selling said items, to a main character on the same account.

This sounds like one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard of. From reading posts on how many REAL players this happened to, they ought to overturn a bunch of them. Unless, RMT's post like normal people on forums I guess. qq

Ironically enough, wasn't gardening one of the top things people did for gil in the last SE survey?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Voch
By Gilgamesh.Voch 2009-07-08 12:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Joclyn said:

Ironically enough, wasn't gardening one of the top things people did for gil in the last SE survey?

User submitted image
The Dark Blue band close to the top represents gardening; columns from left to right are 0-50,000; 50,000-100,000; 100,000-200,000; 200,000-500,000; 500,000-1,000,000; 1,000,000-5,000,000; 5,000,000-10,000,000; Over 10,000,000

There you go
 Shiva.Ragnell
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-07-08 13:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for the unbanned Gardener players, How long on a average did it take you to get unbanned from SE?
 Fairy.Winterlight
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-07-08 14:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is rly very discouraging.

I'm looking for another craft to lvl up and i thought that might be gardening. I'm a 69 cooking right now and it's a little hard to make a lot of money this way. I have enough to keep up on food i need for parties and stuff but that's about it.

Goldsmithing looks like it can make money at hi lvls but getting there...

Gardening would help reduce cooking costs but I'm now finding myself minimizing transfers to mules because of these random bannings.

The economy on Fairy is deflationary enough why suck more out of it?

I would love to have a little more of a growing economy, even if that means RMT / gardening is allowed.
 Odin.Mugeded
Server: Odin
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-08 14:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe could take up to 2-4 months until the investigation is completed.

i might wrong at the same time though. T_T
 Shiva.Ragnell
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-07-08 14:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, thats insane, and SE gives no compensation for that kind of ***?

how much progress is that *** lost
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7