LM-17 Banned Again. Anyone Else?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » LM-17 Banned again. Anyone else?
LM-17 Banned again. Anyone else?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Hades.Echizen
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Echizen 2009-06-24 14:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You account is normally still active when the bank blocks the charge. Doesn't lock down the card but its similar to when banks lock down cards when they think they're being used abroad. Some of you have probably had this when you go abroad and you use your card, only to find out a day later you can't use it anymore. Except this is only a small one time charge. Banks normally just say " nothing to see here, keep moving along!" just to cover themselves from extra hassle but may explain why its happened more than once.
[+]
 Kujata.Beryle
Server: Kujata
user: beryle
By Kujata.Beryle 2009-06-24 14:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Echizen said:
You account is normally still active when the bank blocks the charge. Doesn't lock down the card but its similar to when banks lock down cards when they think they're being used abroad. Some of you have probably had this when you go abroad and you use your card, only to find out a day later you can't use it anymore. Except this is only a small one time charge. Banks normally just say " nothing to see here, keep moving along!" just to cover themselves from extra hassle but may explain why its happened more than once.

Most card companies have an amount limit, but won't shut it down unless it's actively called in as stolen... it's a bank! They want their money! When someone reaches a limit, it just flags an extra security measure, which is why there's that 3-digit number on the back. So each subsequent purchase will require that 3-digit number. If the card is not in hand, i.e. stolen from an imprinter, etc... those extra purchases after the flag, will be declined. Some of us don't rack up hundreds of dollars everyday to cause a 'flagging', and only use a specific card for specific things... like us. We got greendot specifically and only for our ffxi accounts.
[+]
 Remora.Geesus
Server: Remora
user: Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-24 14:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Eire's issue is the other acct. that is CLOSED they are trying to charge it to a card that is EXPIRED, so we're assuming that's why the issue is occuring, nothing else makes sense. However, since POL won't TELL you why you're own PERSONAL ACCT. that you've been paying for, for the past 2 and 1/2 almost THREE YEARS is being "banned" theres not ***you can do to rectify the situation when they wont tell you WHAT it is. /sigh
 Remora.Eireamhon
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-24 19:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So here it is. Almost 48 hours after I first called and no reply, no account, not even an email saying "Hey we're still "investigating" not a damn thing. So, I know some people were told 72 so I guess I'll suck up another 24 hours. Funny, maybe I shouldn't have taken those few days off from the game this past weekend. -.- Still would be idk, NICE to get some sort of correspondence from SOMEBODY! I really would like to thank you all for voicing your gripes and such here on this post. Nice to know, eventhough this is an unfortunate reason to post that, there are other FFXI family members out there with this issue. So thanks to everyone.

Still going to keep things going and seriously, I have received one player looking to join a class action suit. If interested, PM me or leave it here, I check this thing all day at work and till I go to bed so feel free.

oh and......

S T F U POL AND OPEN UP OUR F*CKING ACCOUNTS! >< GD {seed sprays}
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-24 19:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

HAHAHA...just another kick in the groin!

So I go to send an email in POLs "Comments & Suggestion" box. LMFAO...unless you know your POL email account, which I have no freaking idea wth it is, you can't SEND and email to their suggestion box! WTF?! -.- It's actually required in order to send it.

If someone knows what the usual setup from initial install of POL is, please let me know.

Thanks.
 Sylph.Atriant
Server: Sylph
user: Atriant
By Sylph.Atriant 2009-06-24 19:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having same issue bro. Was told 12:15pm est monday (right after they opened) that this should be resolved 48-72 hours from then, after filing the ban complaint. called today (wednesday) 3:30 pm est, 48 hours later
& like i figured the rep didn't know anything. Now he is telling me 48-72
is just an "estimated" time. W/e. They better have it resolved tomorrow or i will flip my *** lid. Both cards i have used in the past to pay for
monthly fees were & still are 100 % legit, belonging to myself. Only thing i can think of is a few times when 1 card reached limit & payment wouldnt go through. w/e i pay my CC bill, pay POL, everything ok? Apparently not.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-24 22:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so before I go to bed I leave you all with this. Has anyone actually gone and read the service/P&P/ToS? Short story; it says, that if your account is not payed for you will be suspended until payment is received. Pretty sure this has happened to a GOOD majority of the people who have played this game. Second; if you sign into your account or should I say "attempt" to sign in, we all get that stupid message:

WARNING!
This account has been banned due to violation of the Playonline or Final Fantasy XI agreements. Accounts that have been banned will not be reinstated under any circumstances. Please refer to the "Account Penalties" page under "Online Manners" in the "Rules & Policies" section of the official website for details on account penalties. (LM-17)

So I did and read the ToS as well.

NO WHERE in that above reference does it say your account will be banned for chargebacks on ANY payment not received by POL or SEI. So below is the link, otherwise when you click on the Rules & Policies button, the rest of the above reference is located on the left of the ToS stuff that pops up in the middle. Also, it seems, the lawyers for POL & SEI got slick in saying that they (POL or SEI) do NOT have to notify us EVER that our accounts can be banned or terminated for ANY reason they want WITHOUT warning or notice.

SO basically they can shaft you as Beryle so eloquently put it, anytime they want for w/e they want or no reason if they just choose too with NO reimbursment OR explination at all. Hmmm shady! -.-

Oh and btw, yea, I copied and hand typed that stupid BS message directly from the log in screen so it's word for word quote for quote. ;)

So enjoy the read.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/manner05.html?pageID=manner
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-06-24 22:32:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Eireamhon said:
Ok so before I go to bed I leave you all with this. Has anyone actually gone and read the service/P&P/ToS? Short story; it says, that if your account is not payed for you will be suspended until payment is received. Pretty sure this has happened to a GOOD majority of the people who have played this game. Second; if you sign into your account or should I say "attempt" to sign in, we all get that stupid message:

WARNING!
This account has been banned due to violation of the Playonline or Final Fantasy XI agreements. Accounts that have been banned will not be reinstated under any circumstances. Please refer to the "Account Penalties" page under "Online Manners" in the "Rules & Policies" section of the official website for details on account penalties. (LM-17)

So I did and read the ToS as well.

NO WHERE in that above reference does it say your account will be banned for chargebacks on ANY payment not received by POL or SEI. So below is the link, otherwise when you click on the Rules & Policies button, the rest of the above reference is located on the left of the ToS stuff that pops up in the middle. Also, it seems, the lawyers for POL & SEI got slick in saying that they (POL or SEI) do NOT have to notify us EVER that our accounts can be banned or terminated for ANY reason they want WITHOUT warning or notice.

SO basically they can shaft you as Beryle so eloquently put it, anytime they want for w/e they want or no reason if they just choose too with NO reimbursment OR explination at all. Hmmm shady! -.-

Oh and btw, yea, I copied and hand typed that stupid BS message directly from the log in screen so it's word for word quote for quote. ;)

So enjoy the read.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/manner05.html?pageID=manner

You failed to read the part where they say "We can do whatever the *** we want, whenever the *** we want, for no *** reason.".

For a more accurate quote:

Quote:
(c) SEI reserves the right to terminate PlayOnline Service in whole or in part for any reason with or without prior notice.
(d) SEI MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY PLAYONLINE ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME, WITH ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-24 22:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well actually LOL I did just the shorter version. But yea, that's the BS I was talking about.

" from me above: "SO basically they can shaft you as Beryle so eloquently put it, anytime they want for w/e they want or no reason if they just choose too with NO reimbursment OR explination at all. Hmmm shady! -.-"

See you all tomorrow!
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-06-24 22:44:05
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Eireamhon said:
Well actually LOL I did just the shorter version. But yea, that's the BS I was talking about.

" from me above: "SO basically they can shaft you as Beryle so eloquently put it, anytime they want for w/e they want or no reason if they just choose too with NO reimbursment OR explination at all. Hmmm shady! -.-"

See you all tomorrow!

Bleh, sorry, was a tl;dr moment.
 Kujata.Beryle
By Kujata.Beryle 2009-06-25 09:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

here's the LM-17 thread on BG:

BG LM-17 thread
 Ramuh.Yasko
Server: Ramuh
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-06-25 09:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Beryle said:
here's the LM-17 thread on BG:

BG LM-17 thread

Seems like people on that thread are getting their account back. Also:

This was there.

I wonder how to go about contacting the class action attorney to sign in the registry. I'm tired at getting banned at a whim. Especially when I haven't even checked if I won anything on Mog Bonanza. lol. I bought one marble.
 Remora.Geesus
user: Geesus
By Remora.Geesus 2009-06-25 10:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, Eire got his acct. back this am. Just had to reactivate it... Didn't have to change anything. What a complete waste of time. Pay for a full month each time and only get to play 3 weeks because the other week ( few days in the beginning and few days at the end) you keep getting "banned". So useless...
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-25 10:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Eireamhon said:

See you all tomorrow!

Bleh, sorry, was a tl;dr moment.

LOLOL no worries.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-25 10:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So WELCOME BACK!

I haven't had a chance to view the link you all of posted but as soon as I can I will.

I will however be "chatting" with POL ASAP and finding out as much info as I can about how to keep this from happening to us. I know what mine is but for Beryle not sure but I'll check. I'll have these posts up so hopefully I can get as much info for ALL of us as possible. And since POL won't send us or offer any apology or explination, figure I can try.
 Leviathan.Archerpr
Server: Leviathan
user: Archerpr1
By Leviathan.Archerpr 2009-06-25 11:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The same thing happnd to me, in 1 month they LM-17 me x2 when i called them they said i issued a chargeback on my CC, and that it was considered CC fraud and violated the user agreement, for this reason my account was being investigated. They unlock my account, and 4 days ago i get the LM-17 msg again, i call they say the same thing only this time i might lose my acc. or so the dude says, i decided to call my bank and ask wat was goin on, they told me SE was getting their money like they should every month, i call them back (SE) and tell them wat my bank told me, they reply "no need to call the bank, maybe you used a dif CC, from a member of your family, we will call you back or email you with our desicion".This pissed me off, 1st iv used the same CC for 3 years never even changed it, 2nd cuz SE customer service is supposed to be there to help ppl, and they dont even know their own internal ***, who the hell is "they" as in "they r investigating your account, if they decide you commited CC fraud your account will be permanently baned"....The thing is they never email me back, or called me, i then decide to chek my account only hours ago and i had to reactivate it and the ID, they dont even explain if its their mistake or even apologize. It makes you wonder if its even worth keep playing this piece of trash game, whenever SE decides they can delete your account for w/e reason, which is stupid and unfair, all they have to do is claim you violated their so called "agreement" and rape you, so imo SE can suck a big one.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-25 11:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Archerpr said:
The same thing happnd to me, in 1 month they LM-17 me x2 when i called them they said i issued a chargeback on my CC, and that it was considered CC fraud and violated the user agreement, for this reason my account was being investigated. They unlock my account, and 4 days ago i get the LM-17 msg again, i call they say the same thing only this time i might lose my acc. or so the dude says, i decided to call my bank and ask wat was goin on, they told me SE was getting their money like they should every month, i call them back (SE) and tell them wat my bank told me, they reply "no need to call the bank, maybe you used a dif CC, from a member of your family, we will call you back or email you with our desicion".This pissed me off, 1st iv used the same CC for 3 years never even changed it, 2nd cuz SE customer service is supposed to be there to help ppl, and they dont even know their own internal ***, who the hell is "they" as in "they r investigating your account, if they decide you commited CC fraud your account will be permanently baned"....The thing is they never email me back, or called me, i then decide to chek my account only hours ago and i had to reactivate it and the ID, they dont even explain if its their mistake or even apologize. It makes you wonder if its even worth keep playing this piece of trash game, whenever SE decides they can delete your account for w/e reason, which is stupid and unfair, all they have to do is claim you violated their so called "agreement" and rape you, so imo SE can suck a big one.

And THIS is why I'm thinking some sort of class action suit or at least press related attack on them may get their attention. I told my GF last night, "I would still be pissed if I knowingly broke the ToS or w/e but at least THEN I would know it was my bad. This on the other hand is straight raping of our accounts or since POL and SEI don't consider them "ours" "we don't actually "own" them" and that is per their ToS, then someone should be able to let us know wtf is going on." And yea, a simple hey we *** up and we're sorry would be nice. ***, just acknowlegde there is an issue.

I have looked back as far as 2005 to see that LM-17 bans have been going on for some time however, until May of this year when SOOOO many accounts were banned, it's never been a huge issue. I have called POL/SEI for a few different reasons and never had an actual option to choose a LM-17. Also, never in the chats have I seen that POL was experiencing high volume do to this issue till last month. Maybe I'm missing something but I sure as hell POL/SEI ARE!

OOHH POL finally picked up the chat line BRB!
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-25 12:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SEI POL Michael: Hello, Shawn, thank you for contacting the PlayOnline Information Center. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
SEI POL Michael: How may I assist you?
Shawn Duffy: I want to keep from getting banned lol
Shawn Duffy: I think that an account I had closed before you all got payed is the problem. Can you help me please?
Shawn Duffy: I had a CC that is on that account which has expired hence why I "think" it keeps causing the charge back
SEI POL Michael: What is the first 4 and last 4 digits of your card?
Shawn Duffy: *******
SEI POL Michael: Thank you, card number's verified, one moment while I review this account
Shawn Duffy: well it's actually on the POL ID *******not this one....not sure if it makes a difference
SEI POL Michael: That will, I was looking at the other POL ID
SEI POL Michael: One moment
Shawn Duffy: I had 2 accounts. one with this CC and the ***** had different CC # think it ended in **** idk.
Shawn Duffy: ty! :D
SEI POL Michael: CC on ****** does not match
Shawn Duffy: All I know is that **** account the CC expired May 09. The account IS closed and even the Content IDs are deleted.
Shawn Duffy: right. ok so guessing by rule since I don't have that 1 CC on me currently, it's expired and all, when I get home and call you all back, can I get back into that account or can I just pay you what is owed on it and move on or how do I fix this?
SEI POL Michael: I will need that card number verified in order to be able to assist you with this particular issue.
SEI POL Michael: So try and obtain that number and contact us back.
Shawn Duffy: ok. real quick then I can let you go.;)
Shawn Duffy: Will I need to completely reactivate that account, change the CC# and THEN close it and delete it or what would be the best policy?
SEI POL Michael: What are you trying to do?

Shawn Duffy: remove the expired card and put this card for the **** account on so you guys can get paid
SEI POL Michael: That's not what this particular issue is about.

SEI POL Michael: For more info, I will need that card number verified.

Shawn Duffy: ok here
Shawn Duffy: ******
SEI POL Michael: Last 4 digits are different.
Shawn Duffy: this is really hadr to do when I'm at work. /sigh
SEI POL Michael: I do advise you to obtain that number and contact us back.
Shawn Duffy: ok then it has to be this one lol
Shawn Duffy: *****
SEI POL Michael: Nope
SEI POL Michael: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Shawn?
Shawn Duffy: not the**** one! :O wow nice then I'm screwed
Shawn Duffy: no guess not ok thanks Michael

So here is latest deal. Now the thing I want everyone here to notice is, I don't remember the F'ing expired CC# so I'm having my GF at home and my mother, whoes card it was I used to activate that old account for 14 days, trying to grab CC info for me. NOW also notice , AND this is what's really important, he asks me what I'm trying to do right? He then tells me that this is not the issue that cause me to continue to get banned! SO WTF IS THE ISSUE JERK? If you know LET ME KNOW> KTHX! Cuase I don't and neither does anyone *** ELSE KNOW wth their accounts keep getting banned.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

So now I'm going to call them back cause I missed the part where he told me something which IS my fault but damn if they won't try to not GIVE you anything if they freaking KNOW something. WTH?! -.-
 Sylph.Atriant
user: Atriant
By Sylph.Atriant 2009-06-25 12:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Unbanned as of 1:00 pm est Thursday >.>
 Ramuh.Yasko
user: Yasko
By Ramuh.Yasko 2009-06-25 17:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

unbanned.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-25 19:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats to all who are unbanned!

Beryle? Are you and your BF off the hook as well? Atriant? Archerpr? Let us know who all may still be banned.
 Kujata.Beryle
By Kujata.Beryle 2009-06-25 21:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My account was never banned, and from reading the bg thread, my bf did what they did, and just tried to log in. He had to reactivate his content ID, but he received no email, nor any phone call, as SE said he would. He wants to call them, and say, "When I called on Monday, you said that my account was banned due to violation of the ToS, and that it was permanent. So, now that my account is turned on, what the ***, exactly, did I do to break your precious Terms of Service?" (ToS = Tons of Smack, I'm thinkin' >.>)

Needless to say, he's not a happy man.
 Remora.Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-25 21:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. Not happy myself. -.- Glad he got back in as I'm sure we all are however, the acts committed are atrocious. Took some time off too breathe but will back in action about this tomorrow. Will see if I can slove my riddle of why tomorrow. Good night all.
 Ramuh.Pryuss
user: Pryuss
By Ramuh.Pryuss 2009-06-29 11:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I woke from a long *** night of lvling my npc was gonna log on and do the GK quest for it and BAM LM-17 now im waiting for the chat menu to upload and the agents to not be "busy". If you are calling regarding an LM error please have the first 4 and last 4 of your cc numbers ready. So yeah they know its gonna happen in high volumes that itself says something right there.
 Ramuh.Pryuss
By Ramuh.Pryuss 2009-06-29 12:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so it got reversed and i go to reactivate the account and gives me an error code UCS-5024 anyone familiar with this.....
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-06-29 12:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pryuss said:
Ok so it got reversed and i go to reactivate the account and gives me an error code UCS-5024 anyone familiar with this.....

It's funny you mention that, one of my LS friends just told me he got hit with UCS-5024 when he tried to log in, don't recall him being LM-17'd though.

I did a very quick google search and found this,

Narse; BlueGartr said:
Same situation here. My smithing mule was LM-17'd today, I got the ban lifted, but could not reactivate due to the same error you're receiving. Out of curiosity, you paying for the accounts with a Household Bank credit card (MC in particular)?

ChibiKawaiiMei; BlueGartr said:
I'm using my CitiBank debit card.

(They were checking my account for fraud for some reason, and accidentally swapped all my money into a different account. Stupid Citi..)

Source: BlueGartr
 Ramuh.Pryuss
By Ramuh.Pryuss 2009-06-29 13:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i called Playonline reffering to the error message they got my email information and said i would recieve an email telling me when my account was accessible again. When asking why he stated banning an account flags 2 different areas of the POL wtf does that mean. Told me no estimated time on how long it takes to fix thanks alot POL for screwing legit players. And unfortunately my situation was my wife reactivated her account played for 2 months and i deactivated it 2 days prior to a registration server maint. Well a month goes by and they took the money out for her account no big deal we deactivate it again. Next billing cycle there it is again so naturally i deactivated it called SE they said they dont show the last 2 attempts of course but this one went through. I disputed the charges with my bank and we called SE again they whined about it few days later it was refunded to my account by them no less. So a mistake on their end turns into me getting banned from the game and forced into dealing with this error code.
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-06-29 13:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pryuss said:

I did too... Does this mean you should just wait a few hours before re-trying? If anyone knows, please tell, save me from having to wait on the support line for 3 more hours!!! =(
 Bismarck.Abigale
Server: Bismarck
user: Abigale
By Bismarck.Abigale 2009-06-29 14:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

When I logged on today, I had the LM-17 ban aswell. I called SE.. was on hold for like 30 minutes.. then they told me it was something to do with my CC. So I proved that the CC was mine, and they lifted my ban. So ya, now I get the same error "UCS-5024". Se took my phone number and e-mail address so they can let me know when the error is fixed. /rant I'm going to be so damn bored...
 Ramuh.Pryuss
By Ramuh.Pryuss 2009-06-29 14:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

no clue yet been 3 hours no email or FFXI
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7