Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 14:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Frobeus said:
Kalix said:
Lol, I never said that Str was useless while TPing. I simply was stating that the overall benifits of the Skadi vs Hachiryu pants are better, IMO, for a more solid build. 5 Hit build chance, R. Acc so you may be able to dump another R. Acc slot for something better (maybe some more Str w/ other benifits?) and some more R. Att.

Also, with merits and Job Traits how much R. Acc do you have? And how much do you have if you dump all the gear on Str? The trick to Rng is being balanced.

This also applies to subjobs. Nin, War, Sam and even Drk have their situations. If you are going to want the most power for High Def or Zerg mobs, then /War is optimal. /Sam is great for when you really need that TP and you may only have a small window to gain it, as well as the Store TP and Hasso is nice. /Nin is for those longer fights where you KNOW you are going to get hate and the mob won't die quickly. A Rng/Nin does more damage than a dead/weakened Rng/War. /Drk is mostly just for fun, though sometimes it can be useful. An extra stun can be very helpful and Last Resort/Souleater is awesome for boosting your WS.

Frobeus, Rng is a beast that you obviously have not mastered. And no, Sam/Rng is no where close to Rng. Come back when you've been playing it for 6 years, gone though all the changes, and still can match Relic Bow users without a Relic.

Your the one telling me that worse gear > better gear, and I'm the one that hasn't mastered the job?

The relic holder on the first page told you how to get Xhit build w/o skadi. Rep Acc w/ Str elsewhere to use skadi over hachi is *** stupid. Hachi is such an upgrade on the legs slot that you make adjustments around it, not the other way around.

If you have to /nin in longer fights, then get a real tank who isn't ***and knows wtf he is doing. /Nin has its purposes but its not to increase damage.

Who the hell was talking about Sam/Rng and when did ANYONE compare the two.

If you are keeping up with a relic user, then the relic users sucks *** and should have his account deleted.

I've decided your the biggest nitwit on ff ever. You have no clue what your talking about.

Coming from the guy who DW's a dagger WITH the kc, who thinks /sam suck and refuses to unlock it, and thinks that STR is useless on ranged attacks.

cool
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rida
Server: Pandemonium
user: Yoichi
By Pandemonium.Rida 2009-06-05 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

1 in 5 meaning 4%. along with Snapshot 5/5 @ 10% reduction is far and above what lolKO gives you seriously +7 damage (which was about what I got on DI equiping KO over AFv2 body) per arrow or an extra Sidemisser every 5 other 5 WS I know what Id choose.

edit was thinking of another bow but theory still stands
 Ramuh.Konoko
Server: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-06-05 14:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm TPing in Hachiryu Haidate when I hit 75.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 14:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Konoko said:

<3
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-05 14:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Konoko said:

<3

What if I told you I'm getting dusk pants and are also going to full time Behemoth rings later?
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 14:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Revision said:
Frobeus said:
Kalix said:
Lol, I never said that Str was useless while TPing. I simply was stating that the overall benifits of the Skadi vs Hachiryu pants are better, IMO, for a more solid build. 5 Hit build chance, R. Acc so you may be able to dump another R. Acc slot for something better (maybe some more Str w/ other benifits?) and some more R. Att.

Also, with merits and Job Traits how much R. Acc do you have? And how much do you have if you dump all the gear on Str? The trick to Rng is being balanced.

This also applies to subjobs. Nin, War, Sam and even Drk have their situations. If you are going to want the most power for High Def or Zerg mobs, then /War is optimal. /Sam is great for when you really need that TP and you may only have a small window to gain it, as well as the Store TP and Hasso is nice. /Nin is for those longer fights where you KNOW you are going to get hate and the mob won't die quickly. A Rng/Nin does more damage than a dead/weakened Rng/War. /Drk is mostly just for fun, though sometimes it can be useful. An extra stun can be very helpful and Last Resort/Souleater is awesome for boosting your WS.

Frobeus, Rng is a beast that you obviously have not mastered. And no, Sam/Rng is no where close to Rng. Come back when you've been playing it for 6 years, gone though all the changes, and still can match Relic Bow users without a Relic.

Your the one telling me that worse gear > better gear, and I'm the one that hasn't mastered the job?

The relic holder on the first page told you how to get Xhit build w/o skadi. Rep Acc w/ Str elsewhere to use skadi over hachi is *** stupid. Hachi is such an upgrade on the legs slot that you make adjustments around it, not the other way around.

If you have to /nin in longer fights, then get a real tank who isn't ***and knows wtf he is doing. /Nin has its purposes but its not to increase damage.

If you are keeping up with a relic user, then the relic users sucks *** and should have his account deleted.

I've decided your the biggest nitwit on ff ever. You have no clue what your talking about.

Coming from the guy who DW's a dagger WITH the kc, who thinks /sam suck and refuses to unlock it, and thinks that STR is useless on ranged attacks.

cool

Your assuming I use dagger because its equipped. I didn't say /sam sucked, just useless to me. And yes, Hachi on tp is silly unless your showing off. Anything else kiddo?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 14:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say you have a lot of racc coming from 3 pieces of gear.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 14:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Frobeus said:
Revision said:
Frobeus said:
Kalix said:

cool

Your assuming I use dagger because its equipped. I didn't say /sam sucked, just useless to me. And yes, Hachi on tp is silly unless your showing off. Anything else kiddo?

Yeah, that's quite a jump in logic isn't it.

Hey guys, tping in dusk gloves +1 on War is skilly unless your showing off.

Hey guys, tping in 5/5 uskane on mnk is silly unless your showing off.

Armada Hauberk on drk = silly byakko's haidate on sam = silly
Speed belt on nin = silly roundel on whm = silly
duelist chap on rdm = silly morigans robe on blm = silly

That's what your saying right kid, son, bukkaroo, youngin, whipper snapper?
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-06-05 14:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:

User submitted image
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 14:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly rabbit.
 Titan.Delfi
Server: Titan
user: Delfii
By Titan.Delfi 2009-06-05 15:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Revision said:
Delfi said:
unless you're not lazy, in which case you suck, just tp in racc and ws in full str, <_< quit being a ***. so you hit for 500 and i only hit for 450, you're still missing 4/10 when im missing 1/100. tp gear is just to get to 100 the fastest, get your quick hit build (because /sam is *** stupid on rng) and shove acc everywhere else. where you cant shove acc shove agi, where you cant shove agi shove rattk. <_< if you want to make a ton of useless gear sets for a variety of mobs this is the only thing that matters

this

Your both retards. First of all your hitting 99/100 shots. The game simply will not let you.

Secondly. If we both are at acc cap and I'm hitting 50 more damage per hit than you are, then I'm doing a *** more damage than you are. Ignoring the damage output during the tp phase is what gimps and idiots are made out of.

Edit: GDI and you actually own some decent gear, it sucks seeing good ***go to waste like that.

<_< sigh, you need your brain revoked. i said unless you wanna make a bunch of useless gear sets use acc. i dont know about you but i dont wanna make 6 different *** macro pallets just for each merit mob or hnm. full acc is just an easy way of making sure you always land your hits, maybe if you only have 1 job and a *** load of room. i would agree with you that adding str and doing experiments to find your acc cap on every *** mob would be beneficial to the rng onry man. but then again if you're only job is rng you're pretty goddamn useless <_<
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 15:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Rida said:
1 in 5 meaning 4%. along with Snapshot 5/5 @ 10% reduction is far and above what lolKO gives you seriously +7 damage (which was about what I got on DI equiping KO over AFv2 body) per arrow or an extra Sidemisser every 5 other 5 WS I know what Id choose.

Kirin's Osode is +5racc +5fSTR2 +5ratk
Scout's Jerkin is +5% Rapid Shot

Proc rate 10% => 15% is 18% * 3/20 = 2.7% delay reduction from 15%, minus 10% which was 1.8, so 0.9% more TP/WS damage.

+2.5racc% on a 90% acc base is 2.5/90 = 2.7% more TP/WS damage.
+5fSTR2 is roughly 5/110 = 4.5% more TP damage.
+5ratk is roughly 5/400~ = 1.25% more TP damage.

0.9% TP/WS vs 2.7% TP/WS + 4.5% TP + 1.25% TP

Snapshot does make Rapid Shot a little bit better, but it would have to be a HUGE amount to beat "lolKO".
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 15:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Delfi said:
Frobeus said:
Revision said:
Delfi said:
unless you're not lazy, in which case you suck, just tp in racc and ws in full str, <_< quit being a ***. so you hit for 500 and i only hit for 450, you're still missing 4/10 when im missing 1/100. tp gear is just to get to 100 the fastest, get your quick hit build (because /sam is *** stupid on rng) and shove acc everywhere else. where you cant shove acc shove agi, where you cant shove agi shove rattk. <_< if you want to make a ton of useless gear sets for a variety of mobs this is the only thing that matters

this

Your both retards. First of all your hitting 99/100 shots. The game simply will not let you.

Secondly. If we both are at acc cap and I'm hitting 50 more damage per hit than you are, then I'm doing a *** more damage than you are. Ignoring the damage output during the tp phase is what gimps and idiots are made out of.

Edit: GDI and you actually own some decent gear, it sucks seeing good ***go to waste like that.

<_< sigh, you need your brain revoked. i said unless you wanna make a bunch of useless gear sets use acc. i dont know about you but i dont wanna make 6 different *** macro pallets just for each merit mob or hnm. full acc is just an easy way of making sure you always land your hits, maybe if you only have 1 job and a *** load of room. i would agree with you that adding str and doing experiments to find your acc cap on every *** mob would be beneficial to the rng onry man. but then again if you're only job is rng you're pretty goddamn useless <_<

There I went back and bolded all the parts of your original post that are wrong. You have no concept of Rng outside of xp.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 15:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Rida said:

Proc rate 10% => 15% is 18% * 3/20 = 2.7% delay reduction from 15%, minus 10% which was 1.8, so 0.9% more TP/WS damage.

Snapshot does make Rapid Shot a little bit better, but it would have to be a HUGE amount to beat "lolKO".

Hey Raen, isn't Mirke with Snapshot + Ratt aug really the only better choice for rng over KO?
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-05 15:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Kalix said:

1. You assumed that Revision uses Dagger/Kclub combo based off his profile. I assumed your only experience with Ranger is based of your current job (Sam/Rng) on your profile

2. What is the Accuracy cap for mobs? Considering there are multiple situations for widely varying Evasion stats? Take a look at Sam who have TP/WS sets. How much Acc do they stack on? Not to mention they have the Two-Hand Dex bonus to help their Acc? Then add in merits/skill gain from earring/neck pieces?

It is all based on your BUILD. Are you building for Sushi? Ok, then sure you can get away with dropping a lot of R.Acc gear. Oh wait, you are going /War and get a better boost from R. Att food like Yellow/Red Curry or C. Subs? You will probably need more of that R. Acc than you did before.

Oh, and don't forget Snapshot build. 5/5 Merits, Zha'Go's Barbut, and ACP Body (R.Att 10, Snapshot). To say that a Rng doesn't, situationally, need a TP build is to say that Rdm doesn't need an enfeebling build, Whm doesn't need a buffing build (Stoneskin, etc) and Blm doesn't need a Dark Magic build.

Also, I don't comment on jobs that I do not have experience on as a 75. To do so, IMO, makes you look like a complete ***. To say that you know everything about how to play a job by "oh, well I read this online and I can see math" is like a scientist driving in NASCAR cause of course he can drive if he knows the math for the velocity and turn timing/precision.
 Pandemonium.Rida
By Pandemonium.Rida 2009-06-05 15:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

TP/WS damage? Who said I was equiping AFv2 for WS? I was using KO, and using Sushi my Acc was in excess of 95% even on DI. but tbh its pointless you throwing numbers at me cos I dont have the original parse files. It wasnt my parse was someone who posted on my LS website at the time. But you have to wonder if something is up when a RNG/NIN is keeping up with a RNG/WAR with a COR in PT and very well equiped.

edit~~ Mbee its the age old story of *Cough* down to luck >.>
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 15:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalix said:

1. You assumed that Revision uses Dagger/Kclub combo based off his profile. I assumed your only experience with Ranger is based of your current job (Sam/Rng) on your profile

2. What is the Accuracy cap for mobs? Considering there are multiple situations for widely varying Evasion stats? Take a look at Sam who have TP/WS sets. How much Acc do they stack on? Not to mention they have the Two-Hand Dex bonus to help their Acc? Then add in merits/skill gain from earring/neck pieces?

It is all based on your BUILD. Are you building for Sushi? Ok, then sure you can get away with dropping a lot of R.Acc gear. Oh wait, you are going /War and get a better boost from R. Att food like Yellow/Red Curry or C. Subs? You will probably need more of that R. Acc than you did before.

Oh, and don't forget Snapshot build. 5/5 Merits, Zha'Go's Barbut, and ACP Body (R.Att 10, Snapshot). To say that a Rng doesn't, situationally, need a TP build is to say that Rdm doesn't need an enfeebling build, Whm doesn't need a buffing build (Stoneskin, etc) and Blm doesn't need a Dark Magic build.

Also, I don't comment on jobs that I do not have experience on as a 75. To do so, IMO, makes you look like a complete ***. To say that you know everything about how to play a job by "oh, well I read this online and I can see math" is like a scientist driving in NASCAR cause of course he can drive if he knows the math for the velocity and turn timing/precision.

1. Then don't make any comments on this thread either Blu/Nin.

2. Acc is situational, but there are certain pieces that you aren't going to remove. Your not going to take off your swift/speed belt for a life belt in low acc situations. You need to understand where your best trade offs are and hachi legs is not one of them.

To the next part, yeah you need more acc, find a better place to put it.

Nobody, esp me, is going to tell you not to have different builds. I adore mulit builds for each job for each situation, but as I said before certain pieces are so good, that you build around them.

You have no clue what I do and do not have experience on. My play experience isn't restricted to the character I have linked to ffxiah.com, and I'm sure everyone else here will tell you how concerned I am about coming across as an ***.
 Pandemonium.Rida
By Pandemonium.Rida 2009-06-05 16:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Or am I to assume you mean 10% > 15% is from the JA > JA + AF increase? cos if your going by such expamples as DA on WAR. 10% is start point of JA + 5% from AF = 15% + 5% from 5/5 Merits = 20% + assuming 5% from AFv1 +1 = 25% proc rate = 1/4 and thats only assuming that the "increases rapid shot activation rate" is only 5%.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 16:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It ate my long post :( but yeah, I can't be bothered retyping all of the math etc, but Scout's Jerkin will never beat Osode assuming none of the stats are wasted, and either 10ratk/10racc + Snapshot Mirke will never lose to Osode assuming the same.
 Ifrit.Kalix
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-05 17:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Rida said:

If you have Snapshot 5/5 (-2% per point), ACP Body w/ Snapshot+5 (-2% per point) then add in Velocity shot (-15%) that alone is -35% delay. I'm not sure how much the Zha'Go's Barbut "Enhances Snapshot Effect" is, could be 5% or 10%, but that could put you down to 40% delay right there.

Rapid Shot build is ok, if you don't have the gear for the Snapshot build. But if you have the Snapshot gear, use it.
 Ifrit.Kalix
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-05 17:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Kalix said:

1. Then don't make any comments on this thread either Blu/Nin.

2. Acc is situational, but there are certain pieces that you aren't going to remove. Your not going to take off your swift/speed belt for a life belt in low acc situations. You need to understand where your best trade offs are and hachi legs is not one of them.

To the next part, yeah you need more acc, find a better place to put it.

Nobody, esp me, is going to tell you not to have different builds. I adore mulit builds for each job for each situation, but as I said before certain pieces are so good, that you build around them.

You have no clue what I do and do not have experience on. My play experience isn't restricted to the character I have linked to ffxiah.com, and I'm sure everyone else here will tell you how concerned I am about coming across as an ***.

1. Really? Cause I clicked on your profile and saw what jobs you had leveled. If you had done the same, you would have seen that I do have Rng 75. kthxbye

2. Acc is situational. But to say that Hachiryu pants are the end all be all is inaccurate. Skadi does have their spot and it is a very useful piece.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 17:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well reading up on wiki, Rapid Shot works differently to how we've been discussing (I was calculating it as if it just removed Ammo delay)~

"Ranged weapon delay is the only variable affecting the total delay.

So the delay between shot of ranged weapon is :
Delay = (Weapon Delay/110)s + 1.7s~1.8s + 1.1s"

To work out Rapid Shot's impact on this, we need to convert those times to delays;

110 Delay = 1s

So 1.75s (average of 1.7~1.8) = 110 * 1.75 = 192.5 delay
1.1s = 110 * 1.1 = 121 delay.
Total delay with Ebow = 490 + 192.5 + 121
= 803.5.

Rapid Shot and Snapshot appear to act on the 490 part of this and Rapid Shot is an 100% reduction here.

Therefore, Rapid Shot's impact is 490 / 803.5 = 61.0%~ delay reduction with Ebow (more with gun, less with xbow).

Assuming base RS rate is 10%, 61.0 * 0.1 = 6.1% TP/WS frequency increase from trait. Therefore each point of RS appears to be an increase of 0.61% TP/WS, or 5% = 3.05% TP/WS. Stronger than originally thought but still not an Osode beater etc.

Snapshot, I'll have to think about how to calculate that...
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-06-05 18:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just have a kind of related question here.

Is Mirke augment 5 Snapshot or 5%? The augment itself says 5, which would mean a 10% delay reduction, but the POL news update for ACP said 5%, with numbers not being final. I have a Mirke body with R.Attack+10 and Snapshot+5, but I haven't gotten around to testing it. Wondering if anyone can save me the time.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 19:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it just adds to existing Snapshot like any other +DA etc item? 10% Snapshot + 5% Snapshot Mirke = 15% Snapshot, not 10.5% Snapshot if that's what you mean.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-06-05 21:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Noo, I'm saying like:
1 DA merit = 1% Double Attack rate, so 5 DA = 5%.

1 Snapshot Merit = -2% delay, so 5 Snapshot should be -10% right?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 21:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldn't. (sorry, misread if you read my first post before editting);

it's not +x merits, it's +x% effect. +5 Snapshot is +5%.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 21:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Each +1 =2% Snapshot.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 21:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So Zha thingy Barbut gives 10% Snap?
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-05 21:38:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna be a math whizz on this one. I use children's logic: More is better.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-05 21:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
So Zha thingy Barbut gives 10% Snap?

and where are you pulling that number from?