Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-04 18:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Kalix said:
Helel said:
Is this a joke? I don't know why I would ever use skadi over hachiryu for tp; I can't believe that's even being discussed... I think everyone would agree that in terms of damage, hachiryu and skadi have almost no comparison; hachiryu clearly wins. Now, when I use my gun, I need 21 tp to get a 5 hit build. I can get 20 store tp from /sam and rajas ring. I can either equip a brutal earring or use hachiryu feet (store tp +5 with the legs and feet) to get 21+. Thus, why the hell would I wear skadi for legs? Anything over 21 store tp does absolute ***and the stats other than store tp on the legs are lol in comparison to hachiryu.

Summary:
-The store tp +7 is USELESS if you already have a 5-hit build. Get better pants or level THF.
-If you want a 5-hit build on /war get hachiryu legs and feet, +5 store tp right there for the set bonus and you don't have to wear shitty gear in the process. And yes I have skadi.

Oh, the things that, IMO, are wrong with this:

1. Hachiryu Legs +5 R.att vs Skadi Legs +4 R.acc/+5R.att for TP purposes = duh
2. Hachiryu Feet +5 R.acc vs AF2/AF2+1 Feet +10/12 R.att = Hmm.
3. Hachiryu Feet & Legs +5 R.att/R.Acc and some STP vs Skadi Legs & AF2/+1 Feet +4 R.Acc +15/17 R.Att, some STP, some HP, and Enmity -3/4 = Um SUPER DUH
4. Brutal Earring on Rng = [What?]
5. Using a Gun over Bow as a Rng @ 75 = >.>

Hachiryu Legs are hot for Sidewinder, but to TP in them is a waste.

In this topic people don't understand how STR affects /RA.

In this response, the person doesn't understand Ranger. Take it to 75 then talk about it.

Artemicion said:
Well I'm sure 10 STR does hell of a lot more than just give 5 r.atk for RNG. I guess if the STP in skadi makes a difference between a 6 and a 7 shot then TP in those, if not then use Hachi if you're lucky enough to have em. R.acc is cheap for the most part, and easy to cap and put in almost any gear slot.

No, not really when talking about regular TP attacks. For WS though, they are absolutely tops. And yes, STP is good, but why dump another slot when you have a great setup with Skadi pants?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2009-06-04 22:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
2str=1ratk....anything else?

not equals, gives. problem with saying it that way is people will take it the wrong way think that works backwards and they can dump 2str in lieu of 1r.atk "since it equals" which isnt the case. its really only nitpickery to point out the equals/gives thing, but it is useful to know.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-06-04 23:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not "nitpickery". Thinking 2 STR=1 Attack is like thinking 2 INT=1 MAB. Attack only increases damage you do up to a certain cap. STR raises that cap, while also increasing the damage you do.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-06-05 01:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

not to derail the thread too badly, but Hume RSE2 or relic feet? full time one? swap RSE in for WS? what would be best? for those that dont know, important stats on Hume RSE2 are 3 str, 3 dex, 2 agi.
 Gilgamesh.Phonics
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Phonics
By Gilgamesh.Phonics 2009-06-05 03:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalix said:
Frobeus said:
Kalix said:
Helel said:
Is this a joke? I don't know why I would ever use skadi over hachiryu for tp; I can't believe that's even being discussed... I think everyone would agree that in terms of damage, hachiryu and skadi have almost no comparison; hachiryu clearly wins. Now, when I use my gun, I need 21 tp to get a 5 hit build. I can get 20 store tp from /sam and rajas ring. I can either equip a brutal earring or use hachiryu feet (store tp +5 with the legs and feet) to get 21+. Thus, why the hell would I wear skadi for legs? Anything over 21 store tp does absolute ***and the stats other than store tp on the legs are lol in comparison to hachiryu.

Summary:
-The store tp +7 is USELESS if you already have a 5-hit build. Get better pants or level THF.
-If you want a 5-hit build on /war get hachiryu legs and feet, +5 store tp right there for the set bonus and you don't have to wear shitty gear in the process. And yes I have skadi.

3. Hachiryu Feet & Legs +5 R.att/R.Acc and some STP vs Skadi Legs & AF2/+1 Feet +4 R.Acc +15/17 R.Att, some STP, some HP, and Enmity -3/4 = Um SUPER DUH

In this response, the person doesn't understand Ranger. Take it to 75 then talk about it.

Artemicion said:
Well I'm sure 10 STR does hell of a lot more than just give 5 r.atk for RNG. I guess if the STP in skadi makes a difference between a 6 and a 7 shot then TP in those, if not then use Hachi if you're lucky enough to have em. R.acc is cheap for the most part, and easy to cap and put in almost any gear slot.

No, not really when talking about regular TP attacks. For WS though, they are absolutely tops. And yes, STP is good, but why dump another slot when you have a great setup with Skadi pants?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/FSTR2#fSTR2

If you care to understand why you're completely and utterly wrong, that article explains the math and how STR increases your dmg immensely. I'll try to simplify what that article and the two it links to say.

STR does more for ranger, weapon skill or just shooting, than for any other job save maybe SAM WS's. STR minus VIT ratio works together with your weapon's damage rating to create the lower and upper cap of how much damage you can potentially deal. On that page you'll notice it takes 2-3 points of STR to go up a rank for ranged weapons, but 4-6 for melee. This means STR is working almost twice as much in your favor for a ranged weapon than for a melee weapon. It increase both lower and upper caps meaning you are guaranteed to deal more damage if you add enough STR (usually 2-3 points) to go up a rank. This makes the potential benefits of pieces like Hachiryu Haidate and Kirin's Osode overwhelmingly better than even modest amounts of ranged accuracy or attack like that available on Kyudogi. My explanation may not be perfect, but the equations in the article I linked to can explain themselves for anyone who wants to know exactly how it works.

If you have Hachiryu Haidate and don't full time them for any other reason than an xhit build you're doing it wrong. Stop telling everyone to put STR aside for tping in as this is the same as telling people to use a weapon with a lower DMG rating just because it might have more r.acc on it. Another thing, you're over glorifying WS modifiers. Sidewinder's STR mod is actually very weak (only 16% compared to Tachi Gekko's 75%) and you should be filling your Sidewinder builds with enough accuracy to land the WS before making mindless STR only builds. The reason STR adds so much damage to Sidewinder is the same reason it adds so much damage to your ranged attacks, the fSTR2 funtion. Also, it's silly to disregard STR just because you're using a gun or crossbow. It still helps accumulate a superior FSTR2 AND 2str still = 1 ranged attack.

I cannot believe the garbage posted over and over again in this thread devaluing STR's importance to a ranger. For anyone wanting to know which pants are best. Almost all of the pairs mentioned are good, with Hachiryu certainly being #1 unless you're using skadi for an xhit build. For tping, Gear for accuracy first. When you cap accuracy then gear for STR. If you can't wear a sizable amount of STR in a slot then gear for ranged attack next. If you can't manage a good amount of any of those in a slot AGI would be the last thing to prioritize. The only exception to this is if you're using holy bolts and need a MND build for light damage.

Use common sense. Accuracy caps at 95%, so parse yourself and see what combination works best on what mobs. Expect to miss 1/20 shots if you're geared right for the situation because there is no avoiding the accuracy CAP. If a piece is good and has a large bonus on it that's extremely beneficial (like STR or acc), use it. I'm not saying STR is so good that someone should wear Smilidon+1 over an amemet mantle+1 for instance because the ratk boost on amemet is huge and even though it's not the best stat overall, it's the best boost you can get in the slot. For that same reason Osode and Hachiryu pants are basically unbeatable pieces for ranger because STR is so important and there are few pieces that can be worn giving such incredible boosts in one slot. The only thing that really rivals osode, for example, is the ACP body and that's solely because you can't get snapshot anywhere else. Just like Skadi pants rival Hachiryu IF, and only IF, you need the store tp to reach 100% tp and your next WS faster.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-05 03:17:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Long story short... skadi if it makes a difference in stp, hachiman for more pew pew power.
 Seraph.Krispy
Server: Seraph
user: daNpwr
By Seraph.Krispy 2009-06-05 04:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

s k a d i
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 04:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phonics said:
Kalix said:
Frobeus said:
Kalix said:
Helel said:

Summary:

Artemicion said:

If you care to understand why you're completely and utterly wrong, that article explains the math and how STR increases your dmg immensely. I'll try to simplify what that article and the two it links to say.

STR does more for ranger, weapon skill or just shooting, than for any other job save maybe SAM WS's. STR minus VIT ratio works together with your weapon's damage rating to create the lower and upper cap of how much damage you can potentially deal. On that page you'll notice it takes 2-3 points of STR to go up a rank for ranged weapons, but 4-6 for melee. This means STR is working almost twice as much in your favor for a ranged weapon than for a melee weapon. It increase both lower and upper caps meaning you are guaranteed to deal more damage if you add enough STR (usually 2-3 points) to go up a rank. This makes the potential benefits of pieces like Hachiryu Haidate and Kirin's Osode overwhelmingly better than even modest amounts of ranged accuracy or attack like that available on Kyudogi. My explanation may not be perfect, but the equations in the article I linked to can explain themselves for anyone who wants to know exactly how it works.

If you have Hachiryu Haidate and don't full time them for any other reason than an xhit build you're doing it wrong. Stop telling everyone to put STR aside for tping in as this is the same as telling people to use a weapon with a lower DMG rating just because it might have more r.acc on it. Another thing, you're over glorifying WS modifiers. Sidewinder's STR mod is actually very weak (only 16% compared to Tachi Gekko's 75%) and you should be filling your Sidewinder builds with enough accuracy to land the WS before making mindless STR only builds. The reason STR adds so much damage to Sidewinder is the same reason it adds so much damage to your ranged attacks, the fSTR2 funtion. Also, it's silly to disregard STR just because you're using a gun or crossbow. It still helps accumulate a superior FSTR2 AND 2str still = 1 ranged attack.

I cannot believe the garbage posted over and over again in this thread devaluing STR's importance to a ranger. For anyone wanting to know which pants are best. Almost all of the pairs mentioned are good, with Hachiryu certainly being #1 unless you're using skadi for an xhit build. For tping, Gear for accuracy first. When you cap accuracy then gear for STR. If you can't wear a sizable amount of STR in a slot then gear for ranged attack next. If you can't manage a good amount of any of those in a slot AGI would be the last thing to prioritize. The only exception to this is if you're using holy bolts and need a MND build for light damage.

Use common sense. Accuracy caps at 95%, so parse yourself and see what combination works best on what mobs. Expect to miss 1/20 shots if you're geared right for the situation because there is no avoiding the accuracy CAP. If a piece is good and has a large bonus on it that's extremely beneficial (like STR or acc), use it. I'm not saying STR is so good that someone should wear Smilidon+1 over an amemet mantle+1 for instance because the ratk boost on amemet is huge and even though it's not the best stat overall, it's the best boost you can get in the slot. For that same reason Osode and Hachiryu pants are basically unbeatable pieces for ranger because STR is so important and there are few pieces that can be worn giving such incredible boosts in one slot. The only thing that really rivals osode, for example, is the ACP body and that's solely because you can't get snapshot anywhere else. Just like Skadi pants rival Hachiryu IF, and only IF, you need the store tp to reach 100% tp and your next WS faster.

Nonsense.
 Ramuh.Konoko
Server: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-06-05 04:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phonics said:

Pretty sure this was what I was talking about when I wanted to know why Hachiryu Haidate was being flamed when brought up as a fulltime piece, and shuffled into the WS-only pieces set. I think I just found my confirmation though, because I remember reading something similar to this before.

But yeah, it's great to finally know now for sure. I was wondering why Osode was hailed as one of the best TP pieces for Ranger pre-ACP, and i'm p. sure this enforces that as well.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 04:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Konoko said:
Phonics said:
Kalix said:
Frobeus said:
Kalix said:
Helel said:

Summary:

Pretty sure this was what I was talking about when I wanted to know why Hachiryu Haidate was being flamed when brought up as a fulltime piece, and shuffled into the WS-only pieces set. I think I just found my confirmation though, because I remember reading something similar to this before.

Artemicion said:

More nonsense. What a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE piece to TP in. So many better combinations for STR in other slots.
 Seraph.Krispy
Server: Seraph
user: daNpwr
By Seraph.Krispy 2009-06-05 04:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

s k a d i
 Kujata.Barol
Server: Kujata
user: Axenwulf
By Kujata.Barol 2009-06-05 04:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if you use a bow, maybe if you use a gun. Need more STR to fill bows higher weapon rank, but still.. using a gun with a filled weapon rank the only thing that makes pew-pews stronger is ratt... so it balances out, and yes i have played ranger (Smashman :Bahamut)
 Titan.Delfi
Server: Titan
user: Delfii
By Titan.Delfi 2009-06-05 04:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

unless you're not lazy, in which case you suck, just tp in racc and ws in full str, <_< quit being a ***. so you hit for 500 and i only hit for 450, you're still missing 4/10 when im missing 1/100. tp gear is just to get to 100 the fastest, get your quick hit build (because /sam is *** stupid on rng) and shove acc everywhere else. where you cant shove acc shove agi, where you cant shove agi shove rattk. <_< if you want to make a ton of useless gear sets for a variety of mobs this is the only thing that matters
 Kujata.Barol
By Kujata.Barol 2009-06-05 04:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Delfi said:
unless you're not lazy, in which case you suck, just tp in racc and ws in full str, <_< quit being a ***. so you hit for 500 and i only hit for 450, you're still missing 4/10 when im missing 1/100. tp gear is just to get to 100 the fastest, get your quick hit build (because /sam is *** stupid on rng) and shove acc everywhere else. where you cant shove acc shove agi, where you cant shove agi shove rattk. <_< if you want to make a ton of useless gear sets for a variety of mobs this is the only thing that matters

i dont see how /sam sucks... Vulcans + Axe Grip + Hasso... im good with that
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-06-05 04:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Barol said:
Delfi said:

/SAM is stupid because /WAR is just so much better. But if you're subbing NIN, go back to Qufim >.> That hasn't been useful since LV30.
 Kujata.Barol
By Kujata.Barol 2009-06-05 04:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

/war will get you higher numbers but with no survivability whatsoever, depends on what your doing i guess, if you can kill something before it kills you WAR it out
 Titan.Delfi
Server: Titan
user: Delfii
By Titan.Delfi 2009-06-05 04:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

berserk and warcry <_<, you can still use the staff and grip, *** 5 extra str, +53904i59 extra damage is a lot more attractive
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 07:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Delfi said:

this
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 07:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Barol said:
Delfi said:

/SAM is stupid because /WAR is just so much better. But if you're subbing NIN, go back to Qufim >.> That hasn't been useful since LV30.

No. /NIN will should still be used more often than any other subjob for RNG in endgame. If your smart that is. /WAR and /SAM are both situational. To be honest, a good setup on /NIN can out parser any other subjob on most mobs.
 Kujata.Barol
By Kujata.Barol 2009-06-05 07:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:

No. /NIN will should still be used more often than any other subjob for RNG in endgame. If your smart that is. /WAR and /SAM are both situational. To be honest, a good setup on /NIN can out parser any other subjob on most mobs.

Not this...

I thought we were talking about RNG in which EVERY case /sam or /war will out parse it in endgame.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 08:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Delfi said:

this

Your both retards. First of all your hitting 99/100 shots. The game simply will not let you.

Secondly. If we both are at acc cap and I'm hitting 50 more damage per hit than you are, then I'm doing a *** more damage than you are. Ignoring the damage output during the tp phase is what gimps and idiots are made out of.

Edit: GDI and you actually own some decent gear, it sucks seeing good ***go to waste like that.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 08:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Enternius said:
Barol said:
Delfi said:

TBH wtF are you talking about? You think one axe and a genin earing are going to outparse the benefits either Serk and WC of /war or Hasso/Med/STP of /sam? LOL moron
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 08:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Revision said:
Enternius said:
Barol said:
Delfi said:

TBH wtF are you talking about? You think one axe and a genin earing are going to outparse the benefits either Serk and WC of /war or Hasso/Med/STP of /sam? LOL moron

Don't think. Know it silly boy and GTFO until your RNG isn't 41. SImply put for you, /war or /sam are going to miss more WS.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 08:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Also in this topic, the character you post on, on ffxiah.com is in fact the ONLY character you have and have ever played on! Also! If said character doesn't have a job to 75, then it is physically impossible to understand the math behind a job.

You saying that STR doesn't increase /ra damage would be the same as me saying haste doesn't increase attack speed and lower recast timers.

I dont' really care if you have rng @ 75 and I don't on this character, it's obvious you have no understanding of the fundamentals of your job.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 08:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Also in this topic, the character you post on, on ffxiah.com is in fact the ONLY character you have and have ever played on! Also! If said character doesn't have a job to 75, then it is physically impossible to understand the math behind a job.

You saying that STR doesn't increase /ra damage would be the same as me saying haste doesn't increase attack speed and lower recast timers.

I dont' really care if you have rng @ 75 and I don't on this character, it's obvious you have no understanding of the fundamentals of your job.

okthxbai!
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-06-05 09:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Don't think. Know it silly boy and GTFO until your RNG isn't 41. SImply put for you, /war or /sam are going to miss more WS.

User submitted image = Barely has Sea or Sky, Private Second Class, hasn't unlocked SAM but a Kclub and 100 Alch.

I'd say you bought your account, but even a bought account would have SAM at 37, so I'll just say you buy a *** on gil.
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 09:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Mogue said:
Revision said:

User submitted image = Barely has Sea or Sky, Private Second Class, hasn't unlocked SAM but a Kclub and 100 Alch.

I'd say you bought your account, but even a bought account would have SAM at 37, so I'll just say you buy a *** on gil.

ohi Sherlock. Been playing since launch. Quit for 2 years before Whitegate and back last June. Why on earth would I want to have Sam as a SJ lol?Any more questions? Envy should be one of the sins.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-05 09:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SITUATIONAL!
How about that...everything is...Sometimes /nin cause I'm gonna get *** ripped to pieces...sometimes /sam cause...I need tp >.>
sometimes /war for pew pew

Sometimes I gotta switch my Ratk for str because there are 2 bards casting Minuet on me and I'm hitting the cap.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-06-05 09:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:
Mogue said:
Revision said:

ohi Sherlock. Been playing since launch. Quit for 2 years before Whitegate and back last June. Any more questions? Envy should be one of the sins.

you haven't unlocked samurai and you're giving advice on how to play ranger. you're trying to hide it in your profile but not doing a very good job at it. shut up and go away.
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 09:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mogue said:
Revision said:
Mogue said:
Revision said:

ohi Sherlock. Been playing since launch. Quit for 2 years before Whitegate and back last June. Any more questions? Envy should be one of the sins.

you haven't unlocked samurai and you're giving advice on how to play ranger. you're trying to hide it in your profile but not doing a very good job at it. shut up and go away.

Bold. Genius. Stop Trolling. Level Ranger than come back and share your wisdom. Sam isn't needed and will stay unlocked ;) muah!